Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the caucuses?
Ben Carson
Ted Cruz
John Kasich
Marco Rubio
Donald Trump
Jeb, somehow
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
BREAKING ON FOX: Rubio went to bed already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Montasque posted:

co-opting the carson strategy. smart. good and cool

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Narcissus1916 posted:

At one point an otherwise sweet old lady told me she thought Trump was the "great solution to our minority problem." I asked another lady why she supported Trump - "He'll push the button and end the ARABS"

:captainpop:

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Jewel Repetition posted:

Toxx: if Trump get 40% of the vote I'll poo poo my pants.

:siren:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Should we legitimately fear that she won't beat Trump in the general?

Down the road? Maybe, I'm not willing to predict what happened 10 minutes ago in this cycle much less 2 months from now. Right now? No concern at all. It's tough to spin away his unfavorables and demographic concerns.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Josh Lyman posted:

The ironic Trump train is starting to scare me a little. What do we do now? Hope that Hillary gets past this email business?

She's about to be schlonged.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Josh Lyman posted:

you should look out for your own mental well being first and foremost, but since the future is unknowable you should probably admit the possibility of not getting what you want

there's still some more hurdles the dude has to jump over like the world outside of the republican primary, if he falls he falls, if he doesn't he doesn't

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMmtfmYqk34&t=76s

Leonard Ghostal
Apr 26, 2006

looking forward to WW3 myself

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Montasque posted:

I'm not sure how Rubio is going to win the nomination at this point.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

The ironic Trump train is starting to scare me a little. What do we do now? Hope that Hillary gets past this email business?

trump browbeat gods earthly representative into apologizing for a statement he said in good faith. what chance does hillary rodham clinton have?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

ZDR basically threatened to ban him if he fulfilled the toxx

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Josh Lyman posted:

Anything is possible. I want to say he won't be able to keep momentum among the crazy Republican base and the general electorate, but

fknlo posted:

who the gently caress knows any more.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Josh Lyman posted:

You realize there is a small chance he would be a great president, a small chance he'd be apocalyptic, but a VERY large chance he'd just be "slightly better than Bush and slightly worse than Obama but every day will be an entertaining adventure".

Come on, it'll be fun and we probably won't all die!

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Josh Lyman posted:

You would think, "Haha, there's no way Hillary can't beat Trump!" but we never thought Trump had a chance at the nomination and here were are.

So...yes?

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Zoran posted:

ZDR basically threatened to ban him if he fulfilled the toxx

Which is pretty unfair, since it's a toxx you can easily fulfill by accident.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

There is a nonzero chance that the Cubs will win the World Series and be welcomed at the White House by President Trump

Life is a fanfiction script made real

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
TRUMP

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Josh Lyman posted:

It's the same thing that happened in FYAD where the ironic anime posters eventually became a bunch of real anime watching weirdos.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Josh Lyman posted:

Probably not, but you never know. Assuming Hillary doesn't quite have the same pickup with the Obama coalition, and assuming that Trump manages to expand his share of the white vote into the mid-high 60s, it's possible that he could pull it out.

On the other hand, Trump is quite literally a walking bag of hot air who has no serious policy positions and has a temper problem. The GOP appears to be afraid or incapable of going nuclear on his rear end, something that Hillary and the Democratic Party will not hesitate to do. It's also somewhat unlikely in my mind that a Trump matchup in the general wouldn't drive massive amounts of voters to show up against him because he's managed to offend basically everyone that has the capacity to be offended at this point.

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Oiled and Ready posted:

You realize there is a small chance he would be a great president, a small chance he'd be apocalyptic, but a VERY large chance he'd just be "slightly better than Bush and slightly worse than Obama but every day will be an entertaining adventure".

Seek help

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Remember when David Duke snuck his way into the GOP nomination in Louisiana? That's the party's last ditch.

Hillary 2016: Vote for the Crook-- It's Important.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

They could hear her puking sounds backstage from the soundstage

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/BenHowe/status/702362419662823424

https://twitter.com/BenHowe/status/702360620524544000

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

uncurable mlady posted:

Probably not, but you never know. Assuming Hillary doesn't quite have the same pickup with the Obama coalition, and assuming that Trump manages to expand his share of the white vote into the mid-high 60s, it's possible that he could pull it out.

On the other hand, Trump is quite literally a walking bag of hot air who has no serious policy positions and has a temper problem. The GOP appears to be afraid or incapable of going nuclear on his rear end, something that Hillary and the Democratic Party will not hesitate to do. It's also somewhat unlikely in my mind that a Trump matchup in the general wouldn't drive massive amounts of voters to show up against him because he's managed to offend basically everyone that has the capacity to be offended at this point.

https://twitter.com/danpfeiffer/status/602990139036467201

I don't think Trump can do better than Dubya with non whites

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

"We don't know if this is going to give Trump real momentum going into Super Tuesday" -Karl Rove, the denialist

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Oiled and Ready posted:

There's also a small chance of my head tunneling through the wall instead of bashing against it.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
FOX NEWS(Karl Rove) trying to spin this in a loss for Trump as he hasn't risen above 32% in super tuesday states despite winning all these states.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Carson is going to drop out tomorrow after he wakes up and more than 50% of the vote has been counted.

He's not going to Super Tuesday. It's done.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Carson gonna drop out before Super Tuesday.

woah hold on now Carson said South Carolina was JUST THE BEGINNING

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Winkie01 posted:

Especially since Dubbya had the support of Muslims for his first election, and still had most of them for his second. They're now 95%+ democrat

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
maybe if we refuse to acknowledge what our electorate is doing, everything will be ok

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Montasque posted:

FOX NEWS(Karl Rove) trying to spin this in a loss for Trump as he hasn't risen above 32% in super tuesday states despite winning all these states.

President-Elect Trump is really the loser in all this, Reagan got 489 electoral votes, Trump only got 371

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

uncurable mlady posted:

On the other hand, Trump is quite literally a walking bag of hot air who has no serious policy positions and has a temper problem.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Watching these CNN newscasters you can see the fear and despair in their eyes. They really cannot comprehend it.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Winkie01 posted:

Those demographic numbers are estimates from last year. By election day 2016, most Muslims will have fled the country.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Karl Rove trying to say smaller turnout of Nevada caucus is now good for Trump

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Winkie01 posted:

that's where the part of the post you quoted about trump getting mid-high 60%s of whites is from. there's still a majority of white voters, if you can get two thirds of them you actually can lose minorities hardcore. it's just a question of how big the liberal core of whites who won't vote for white nationalism is

this moves things evenly by state (incorrect assumption, whites in mississippi are way more likely to vote republican than whites in hawaii just for starters) but it still gives you an idea of just how little you have to adjust the white % to swamp nonwhite votes, even now
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2015/08/26/demographics_and_the_2016_election_scenarios.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Winkie01 posted:

I assume that's based on the assumption that black voters show up in the numbers they did in 08 and 12, too, which is seriously not a thing to just take for granted

As I've said in multiple threads today the point isn't winning minority voters, it's disenfranchising them (or letting the opposition do it) enough that they don't show up to the polls

• Locked thread