Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

joedevola posted:

Inviting a drunk person on stage to babble meaninglessly about politics for fifteen minutes was a winning move.

Oh, was Dan there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Really bad without visuals, though I just realized Schrab would do a spot on inspector gadget

I only listened and it was hilarious.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Yeah, I was at work, trying not to laugh out loud, figuring he was just screaming by himself while everybody waited patiently for him to get tired.

Wank
Apr 26, 2008

joedevola posted:

Inviting a drunk person on stage to babble meaninglessly about politics for fifteen minutes was a winning move.

It was an improvement on the most boring topic in the universe of vaping and pot.

(I nearly spat my coffee out when he introduced that boring LA girl as Zoe Lister Jr. - Loved "No Holds Barred" as a kid).

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Erin released her latest episode of This Feels Terrible.

She may not have come alive on Harmontown but the divorce was a good, good move for her.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Golden Bee posted:

She may not have come alive on Harmontown but the divorce was a good, good move for her.

No poo poo dude. She no longer has to be married to Dan Harmon.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
I'm going through a backlog of episodes I hadn't listened to yet and just got to the episode where they talk about their wedding with Kumail as comptroller. Erin describes this huge funny dance number she choreographed for her bridesmaids, then mentions she didn't actually bother to write her vows and just kinda winged it when she got up there. It was a funny story since Dan apparently spent a bunch of time obsessing over his, then his future wife opened hers with "Like, y'know... " but man you couldn't write a more ham-fisted metaphor for "person who is way more excited to have a wedding than they are to be married."

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Crindee posted:

I'm going through a backlog of episodes I hadn't listened to yet and just got to the episode where they talk about their wedding with Kumail as comptroller. Erin describes this huge funny dance number she choreographed for her bridesmaids, then mentions she didn't actually bother to write her vows and just kinda winged it when she got up there. It was a funny story since Dan apparently spent a bunch of time obsessing over his, then his future wife opened hers with "Like, y'know... " but man you couldn't write a more ham-fisted metaphor for "person who is way more excited to have a wedding than they are to be married."

They had been married like, six months, seeing each other maybe once a week because of Dan's crazy work schedule, and then once he's done she decided that it's always been her dream to spend two months in Ireland working on a farm for no money

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Interestingly enough, her leaving him actually brought back my sense that there is justice in this world and drunk fat man babies don't get to stay with cute redheads.

Love you Dan.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Interestingly enough, her leaving him actually brought back my sense that there is justice in this world and drunk fat man babies don't get to stay with cute redheads.

Love you Dan.

Well, it's a good thing her only attributes of value are her cuteness and hair color. Otherwise it could be argued that she was terrible in that relationship too.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
Petition to rename the thread to "The Rob Schrab Hour: featuring the Harmontown players"

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

ElCondemn posted:

Well, it's a good thing her only attributes of value are her cuteness and hair color. Otherwise it could be argued that she was terrible in that relationship too.

LOL duh, they both had issues which were made pretty evident on stage, but it's harder to think of the equivalent of drunk fat man baby for her without getting cruel.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Moving to the spot you vacationed in right after a divorce is a pretty midlife crisisy thing to do but whatever I guess, no worse than moving to LA in the first place.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Just read this article aout the tour from three years ago and now I really miss Grantland again. :(

http://grantland.com/features/dan-harmon-life-community/

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Got back from the Chicago show and I'm pretty sure it's the worst Harmontown of all time. I'm sure it has the worst audience member of all time, I'm just not sure which one of them it was.

The real kicker is that they found the best audience rapper of all time about 90 seconds before the end of the show.

Wank
Apr 26, 2008
If any Australians read this thread, the Harmontown documentary is on SBS ondemand. Which I guess means it was on SBS at one point which is pretty cool. It's nice that Spencer is the secret star :) Also great to see a bit of one of my favourite Harmontown bits, when they were throwing the improvisational monsters at him.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Rochallor posted:

Got back from the Chicago show and I'm pretty sure it's the worst Harmontown of all time.
Oh god, it just showed up and the description says it's "game-changing".

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Illinois Smith posted:

Oh god, it just showed up and the description says it's "game-changing".

Well, they did literally change the game they played.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
That episode didn't seem unusually terrible. More mediocre than anything, I think.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

CPColin posted:

That episode didn't seem unusually terrible. More mediocre than anything, I think.

Yeah, seemed fine to me, plenty of laughs. Also the rapper was definitely not the best audience rapper, ridiculous claim!

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

The part where he brings like five rambling audience members in a row up to the stage was pretty rough.

Also I think I'm at a point where I'm just not gonna bother with episodes that don't have either Jeff, Schrab or both on them anymore.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Feb 25, 2016

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Gonna be a sad day in Harmontown when that fool moves to Canada....

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Gonna be a sad day in Harmontown when that fool moves to Canada....

Who's moving to Canada?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

ElCondemn posted:

Who's moving to Canada?

Somebody's moving?

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I really wish he'd stop inviting the audience on stage. This last ep had some supremely uninteresting people

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Are you saying that asking that the "most depressed and sad person here tonight" to come up on stage is a bad idea? Weird.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Dan always seems to lean extra hard on his Talkin' To The Audience segments when Dino's there because his only contributions are LOL I JUST SAID A BAD WORD and about one weird sex story per episode.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I like Dino. When that dude got punched dino was the first one to jump up like he was ready to throw down

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Schrab is there from the very first minute of the latest episode, with predictable effects!

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Jesus, ANOTHER hooting laugher?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Man, the best thing I've done with this podcast is only read the comments after I've seen the episode. I never notice the annoying laughs before someone point them out.

Wank
Apr 26, 2008

Brocktoon posted:

Jesus, ANOTHER hooting laugher?

The same girl they brought up one time a while ago that was super high?

I only listened to the podcast - tell me Abed was wearing a fedora.

Wank fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Mar 2, 2016

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Wank posted:

The same girl they brought up one time a while ago that was super high?

I only listened to the podcast - tell me Abed was wearing a fedora.

No it was one of those Castro hats.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Rapidly Going Deaf › Harmontown: Okay Dino, we get it you're an edgelord. now shut the gently caress up already

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Mar 14, 2016

Foma
Oct 1, 2004
Hello, My name is Lip Synch. Right now, I'm making a post that is anti-bush or something Micheal Moore would be proud of because I and the rest of my team lefty friends (koba1t included) need something to circle jerk to.
What does a millionare need with a go fund me?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

I AM SO FILTHY loving RICH LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT IT FOR 190 EPISODES oh also my friend got hosed over by the cops and can't make his rent so everyone please chip in.

Wank
Apr 26, 2008
Great minds with Dan Harmon is an actual thing!? I thought it was a bit, a gag, a spoof or a goof. This is amazing.

P.s. There is a great episode of grandmas virginity podcast that talks about Abed's police woes and Harmon literally bailing him out.

P.p.s Don't listen to the Rob Schrab episode of GVP. It's a little too intimate.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Wank posted:

Great minds with Dan Harmon is an actual thing!? I thought it was a bit, a gag, a spoof or a goof. This is amazing.
And they're on youtube!
Great Minds with Dan Harmon: "Thomas Edison" (Jason Sudeikis)

Great Minds with Dan Harmon: "Ernest Hemingway" (Scott Adsit)

Great Minds with Dan Harmon: "Ludwig van Beethoven" (Jack Black)

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

What the loving gently caress?? And it is on history channel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

And they work internationally with no regional locking bullshit too! (at least works just fine here in Sweden)

also Craig Fergusons: Join or Die is great. History is actually making great History related content :aaaaa: