Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Mikojan posted:

Someone please explain Deadly Infusion in the shadow assassin tree to me. Does it boost base crit chance on spells? Does it boost base crit chance on weapons?
With about 600% crit (assuming 6 charges)that is an extra 21% crit on top of everything... insane?

Yes, Deadly Infusion is insane, not even counting the multiplier you get from it. 6 Charges turns all the 5% crit spells in to 8% crit, 6% to 9% and so on. While the Unstable infusion node in front of Deadly sucks for the endgame it is still worth it as you can make up 30 skill points worth of passives just with those 4 ascendancy points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I feel like Deadly Infusion can't go live as is, combined with Ambush it gives way more raw power for crit builds than any other Ascendancy. If they nerf crit which I am hearing some rumors about, all that does is make Assassin even more required for crit builds. Assuming a VERY conservative 5 power charges it gives:

+2.5% Base Critical Strike Chance (25-50% MORE critical strikes)
+90% Critical Strike Multiplier (3 notables worth of points)
+45% Critical Strike Chance (3ish passive points)
+75% Critical Strike Multipler and 100% MORE Critical Strike chance on full HP enemies (hard to quantify but extremely strong for clear speed as you will always crit first attack)

For most builds this means you can either wear a Marylene's Fallacy for some insane levels of crit damage and rely on the oneshot crits with Ambush, or drop pretty much all of your crit chance on gear and get some easy crit multi and way more defensive gear pieces. On top of that you could easily play a caster with a Void Battery or two, that new shield, more power charges from the tree and get up to 9 or 10 power charges. You could run crit Incinerate with all that bonus base crit if you wanted.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Things will get hammered out. Necromancer really shouldn't go live as is because if you use any generic shield and pop a Rumi's Concoction you get very close to block capped with no block nodes and Rainbowstride from Bone Offering. Also you get massive amounts of life gain on block. It's the tankiest ascendancy for basically no investment/no effort.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Some pretty sweet looking enchantments being added to add an effect to your gloves, boots, or helmet.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1592018

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Also new, in random streamer only form: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB-ToRu61nY

Two new support gems -- One gives 30% more elemental damage to any skill at the expense of it no longer being able to inflict status effects, obvious benefactors being Flame Surge and Righteous Fire (and Searing Bond I guess?). The other is multiple traps for mines, 2 more mines at 40% less damage (120% damage effectiveness total). The video doesn't show the supports being used, so no clue how it lays out the mines.

e:

quote:

When you enchant your Helm, you'll gain a bonus that only applies to a specific skill. There are two or three of these skill-specific stats for every player skill, amounting to over 300 in total.
:stare:

Count Uvula fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Feb 24, 2016

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Some pretty sweet looking enchantments being added to add an effect to your gloves, boots, or helmet.

A few more have been data mined as well.

http://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?type=enchantment

quote:

When you enchant your Helm, you'll gain a bonus that only applies to a specific skill. There are two or three of these skill-specific stats for every player skill, amounting to over 300 in total. Here are a few examples:

Going to be quite the grind.

e:

quote:

I have a question about the "on kill" effect on the gloves: are they triggerable by totems and minions?

Rory - They're currently not, but we've got a planned rework to some 'on kill' effects that will let specific stats (Including these enchantments) work with them. It wasn't ready for this expansion, but we'd like to make the change as soon as we can!

And mirrored/corrupted items cannot be enchanted.

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Feb 24, 2016

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Depending on if you can port in and out, it may be worth carrying around a good item that you intend to sell, enchant it, and see if it gets something incredibly cool so you can get a bonus 10ex on it.

And wow, holy poo poo, add a shitload of elemental damage on effectively all your attacks on those Titan greaves.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

yeah some of those enchants look pretty good so far

so does elemental focus

J
Jun 10, 2001

Gonna be interesting to see what the difficulty level of the labyrinth is like, and how rewarding it is in general even aside from enchantments. I wonder if it will make sense to make a build specifically design to speedrun the labyrinth as opposed to just plowing through maps as usual and buying what you want.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Safari Disco Lion posted:

I want Decree of Fury/Tempest on a CoC guy just for shits. Probably fury on a barrager and tempest on a cyclone discharge.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
That elemental focus support makes me kinda want to make one of those Carpet Bomber type Fireball characters with Purity of Fire/Discipline/Arctic Armor running... Burning isn't that great and i bet it goes upt o 50% more damage for splash fireballs.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

Hauki posted:

Awesome, that would be great. I can throw some stuff your way if you care. I should be done with work by 4pm est.

Also on crit chat, word on nugi'so stream yesterday was that crit multi is potentially being made additive instead of multiplicative and they may also be reducing base crit multi (?). So expect it to still be great, but probably less effective per %.

Helman's stream just had nugi around and I asked and he was confused about any crit change.

Another guy said that the change is just a wording change and not a balance change. Crit multi is becoming additive to your base 150% instead of multiplicative (which honestly makes alot more sense as far as keeping things simple...150+x is easier to compute than 150+1.5*x). At the same time, all crit multi values get a 50% boost (hence all the assassin nodes going from 10% to 15%, the crit multi IMPLICIT on the unique foil going from 20% to 30%, etc), which in the end will give you the same crit multi as before.

Anyway, I hope they keep assassin. gently caress all the haters.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
http://www.pathofexile.com/signature-races/ladder/season/Winterheart

I like looking at the ladders when a season closes, and I think this is the first time ever a player got top 3 in every single class. So if you want to learn racing, just watch what Goratha is doing. Also of note: Helmans Duelist record must have been once in a lifetime rng, that xp difference is unprecedented.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Count Uvula posted:

The other is multiple traps for mines, 2 more mines at 40% less damage (120% damage effectiveness total). The video doesn't show the supports being used, so no clue how it lays out the mines.

No one asked for this and no one wants this.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

The Real Foogla posted:

http://www.pathofexile.com/signature-races/ladder/season/Winterheart

I like looking at the ladders when a season closes, and I think this is the first time ever a player got top 3 in every single class. So if you want to learn racing, just watch what Goratha is doing. Also of note: Helmans Duelist record must have been once in a lifetime rng, that xp difference is unprecedented.

Pretty sure goratha doesn't stream.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Ah, the joy of playing for 20 levels of xp before realising you had your support gems in the wrong place so your main attack was unsupported.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Is it March 4th yet!?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

new mace/staff/whatever skill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2H5GhBEhXk

J
Jun 10, 2001

Kripp streaming alpha gameplay now.

Edit: He moused over vaal spark on the alpha gem vendor, level 1 vaal spark does 1-10 damage with a base duration of 2 seconds now. Level 1 on live is 1-11 at level 1 with a 3.5s duration.

J fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Feb 25, 2016

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
From Kripp's stream, sunder is 85% damage effectiveness (in the form of a less attack speed modifier), with reverbs doing 30% less damage. Shockwave totem + empires grasp will be ridiculous combined with it though, since the reverbs are aoe damage centered around each enemy you hit.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Vaal Spark got demolished, Bladefall got nerfed slightly in every possible way.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Spectral Throw is back up to 54% at level 1, lmao wtf thats' stronger than it was when Mathil's ele throw build was flavor of the month.
Blade Vortex is twice as strong.

A lot of these changes only make sense if Cast on Crit is getting nerfed (Blade Vortex for example), but I don't think Kripp's stream has shown CoC's gem yet.

Count Uvula fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Feb 25, 2016

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
One theory I read was that Blade Vortex is going to hit half as often now, which makes a ton of sense. Causes less lag, does the same damage(slightly more cause of how armor works), and cuts the PCoC power of it in half.

EDIT: Critical Strikes gem buff! http://imgur.com/aav51YI lovely screenshot but you can see it has +1% crit chance at level 1 which I assume means base crit.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Feb 25, 2016

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Orbs of storms= horribly broken for racing too.

TipsyMcStagger fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Feb 25, 2016

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Totally going for some sort of cold snap (or other spell) perma freeze build.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

TipsyMcStagger fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Feb 25, 2016

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
How much HS do I need to fast forward through till poe starts?

E - about an hour 45 in for those starting at the start.

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Feb 25, 2016

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The real question is, what is the twitch timestamp which contains the Ascendancy trials?

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
Can't go to town at all once you start the labyrinth.. not even boss fights/anything... it also looks like it's going to be RIP TASTIC.

The traps make it looks really annoying actually.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

TipsyMcStagger posted:

The traps make it looks really annoying actually.

I can't wait to read the endless pages of bitching to people saying traps are too difficult or unfun because they can't handle frogger in tyool 2016.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Phobophilia posted:

The real question is, what is the twitch timestamp which contains the Ascendancy trials?

First one is 2 hours 40 minutes into his broadcast. It's a side area off of lower prison.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

jesus this stuff looks mean

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
SKIP TO 5 HOURS 57 MINUTES FOR START OF LABYRINTH..

@6:30, he fights first fight
@6:43, he fights 2nd fight
@6:54, he fights final fight

EDIT: Fight changes every day, so deleted other stuff.

TipsyMcStagger fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Feb 25, 2016

panda clue
May 23, 2014
the fight changes every day

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

you can only do the labyrinth once a day?

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

I do like how half kripp's chat is amazed he's having fun because he's not playing hearthstone.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

NecroMonster posted:

you can only do the labyrinth once a day?

You can do it as many times as you want in one day, but the fight/layout only changes once a day.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

panda clue posted:

You can do it as many times as you want in one day, but the fight/layout only changes once a day.

ok good, because with over 300 different helm enchants getting one a loving day would be just awful

i mean, it's already going to be loving bad, but imagine if you could only try once a day

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Could I get a guild re-invite?

IGN: EksterRedRibbon

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Looks like I'm doing a quad totem frost blades ancestral protector templar.

• Locked thread