Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
lol no way does TRUMP! hitch up with some penny-ante financier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Joementum posted:

I think if he picks a Washington insider it could hurt his standing with the Trumpstaffel. The same thing happened to Reagan in 1976 when he pre-announced that he was going to pick Richard Schweiker as his VP if he was nominated at the convention. Schweiker was a moderate Republican and Reagan picked him to win over Ford delegates (they weren't bound), but it caused some backlash among his most conservative delegates who saw it as a betrayal.

Ah. He has no reason to announce before convention but he hasn't needed a reason for anything.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

:eyepop:

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

Good lord he looks defeated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B-dliSxzCw

THE RACE FOR SECOND!

Rubio's talking points:

- Caucuses are weird.
- Trump under performed, Mitt Romney did better in Nevada.
- The Majority of Republicans don't want Donald Trump.
- "You don't win the nomination by how many states you win."
- We will pick up lots of delegates on Super Tuesday.
- Donald Trump doesn't even have any policies.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

TheTatteredKing posted:

Ah. He has no reason to announce before convention but he hasn't needed a reason for anything.

The VP pick is always announced before the convention if the nominee is certain. They use it for a pre-convention media bump.

Kindergarten Camp
Nov 27, 2015

[don't want to be misconstrued]

Kindergarten Camp fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 10, 2016

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Trump's speaking at my University on Monday. What should I do?

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Jim Webb . The Webber . Big Jim. Killed a man , killed many men's dreams .

but can Jim betray the democrats and switch parties ?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

sarmhan posted:

Trump's speaking at my University on Monday. What should I do?

Get a picture with the new President of the United States, duh

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Where are these stats

Am i on the leaderboard, hoss

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

fade5 posted:

Suggestion: try USPol/the main D&D forum for more serious questions, this is basically the Republican Primary mock thread for laughing at the insanity that is Trump.

At some point, it's going to have to sink in that no, this isn't a funny quarantine mock thread.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Way to win the posting battle using the Rubio Method, Jewel!

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

The Saurus posted:

One of the funniest things about the Bernie Sanders thread is how they entirely base who should be the VP pick on the most obvious pandering to demographic groups.

Obviously a bunch were throwing out women to be VP when one of the Berntards comes along and says "Read my lips: Slave Descendent". Someone who wanted Warren said "More like read my lips: Token Blackie". I guess it really is true that liberals are the real racists who can't see minorities as individuals rather than an undifferentiated mass!

I am going to have you deported

Kindergarten Camp
Nov 27, 2015

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

At some point, it's going to have to sink in that no, this isn't a funny quarantine mock thread.

Especially since polls ARE posted in this thread, which gives a de facto time and place for actual primary discussion.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
It's funny watching foxnews be completely bewildered by Rubes gameplan. 'So.... you're going to ignore Donald and continue with the strategy that has got you nowhere'.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
Mitt isn't a VP option on PredictIt.

Bullshit.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
Why Mitt? What does he bring other than failure and awkwardness.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

What are the odds that Trump realizes he has to ask someone if they want to be his VP or not and that they're allowed to say no?

(What are the odds that they will actually be allowed to say no?)

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
i thought the vp pick would be decided on a reality tv show launched just in time for sweeps week

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Trump's VP is going to be Donald Trump Jr.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Trump claimed a few weeks back that his VP would be someone with lengthy political experience, he might change his mind of course but that's what he said before.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Montasque posted:

- "You don't win the nomination by how many states you win."

:lol:

quote:

- Donald Trump doesn't even have any policies.

:laffo: Rubio is using talking points from desperately worried liberals itt now?

Jim Webb would be a good VP pick too, or that Egyptian-American super vet I've heard about. I can definitely see Trump wanting a bipartisan maverick reach across the aisle type guy to prove his credentials, shame McCain is too old.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...00160&tid=ss_tw

Is Mitt "Bain Capital, I'm not concerned about the very poor" seriously talking about education, generational poverty and income inequality? We really did enter the mirror universe at some point

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
bernie wants a big national jobs program

trump has been way ahead of this from day 1, wall building gonna require a lot of hands and sweat equity

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Oiled and Ready posted:

Where are these stats

Am i on the leaderboard, hoss

You click on the number in the "Re" column for the thread. And you are.

whydirt posted:

Way to win the posting battle using the Rubio Method, Jewel!

I guess it's only fitting since I toxxed for him.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

http://www.forbes.com/sites/abigailtracy/2016/02/24/whos-spamming-twitter-with-identical-donald-trump-latino-vote-tweets/#426bb1dd6c25

"Right after midnight, a number of Twitter accounts associated with traditionally Latino names sent an identical tweet within minutes of each other. It read: “Trump won around 40% of the latino vote in Nevada, but that accounts for about 1,300 votes. Still more than the two hispanics on the ballot.”

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Jewel Repetition posted:

You click on the number in the "Re" column for the thread. And you are.

I guess it's only fitting since I toxxed for him.

Oh man 29/30

If I drop one more I'm gonna be common core

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I can't wait for Vice President Alex Jones to host his daily conspiracy show at the Naval Observatory.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Joementum posted:

The VP pick is always announced before the convention if the nominee is certain. They use it for a pre-convention media bump.

Oh. It'd be absolute madness if his VP pick beefed it enough to throw the convention into uncertainty. But they're already bound right? I'm not sure how I'd actually hurt him.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I choose to believe that he thought I might find it funny and wasn't trying to be hateful, and that he feels at least a little bad about saying such a thing. He seems like a decent person in many ways even if we disagree. I was hurt by his comment though and I wish we lived in a country where people didn't feel the need to say things like that.

The thing is, it just isn't ok to openly hate minorities anymore. Whites will be a minority in the US in the lifetime of every poster here, President Trump or President Clinton or President anybody. It's a demographic change that none of us can stop. I don't think it's a bad thing; I'm not "looking forward to it," either. It's just a thing. It's morally neutral. I understand that it may be a source of anxiety to some people, but I would like to urge them not to worry. It's not a bad thing. We're all Americans :).
it's the artificial divisions white people created circa C17th falling away again. Whites have never been the majority. Nothing of value will be lost.

Microwaves Mom posted:

How is she not married and breeding? This woman's genes need to be passed on.
Ann Coulter is just Gen. Jack D. Ripper's distaff counterpart. We've plenty of spares, thanks

User posted:

Trump is going to save America from itself. Once you all get over the painful cognitive dissonance you're experiencing, you'll realize this is the best possible thing that could happen for the country. In 4 years when real wages have been rising for the last three and nobody is left alive in concentration camps you'll feel a lot better.

fyp

euphronius posted:

Lol no. Republican primary voters are to the right of Ghenghis Khan.
this isn't that significant; despite being the ultimate hawk he invested heavily in infrastructure, lived frugally, and tolerated other cultures to the point of trying to make the imperial infrastructure secular-ish

Joementum posted:

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

i thought the vp pick would be decided on a reality tv show launched just in time for sweeps week
Trump can have his bump from putting a shortlist of contestants on his website

paranoid randroid posted:

i feel like "loving off the house of saud" is a noble end unto itself

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

magiccarpet posted:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/abigailtracy/2016/02/24/whos-spamming-twitter-with-identical-donald-trump-latino-vote-tweets/#426bb1dd6c25

"Right after midnight, a number of Twitter accounts associated with traditionally Latino names sent an identical tweet within minutes of each other. It read: “Trump won around 40% of the latino vote in Nevada, but that accounts for about 1,300 votes. Still more than the two hispanics on the ballot.”

/pol/ did that as a massive troll and it worked.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Logikv9 posted:

I can't wait for Vice President Alex Jones to host his daily conspiracy show at the Naval Observatory.

More like Navel Observatory.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Oiled and Ready posted:

Maybe I'm projecting but I expect most voters to look at Trump, look at Rubio, gather themselves and move their pen down toward Rubio and stop for a second. then they move it over Trump, laugh and shake their head, fill it in and immediately turn it in. Then they go get hammered.

I like this one from October.

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx
Political doesn't always mean someone in political office. Remember that.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Logikv9 posted:

Renamed Trump Tower Observatory Circle

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
LOL even Obama knows Trump is going to roll come November.

Reports he's considering EXTREMELY Pro-Second Amendment and EXTREMELY Pro-Tenth Amendment REPUBLICAN Brian Sandoval as his nominee.

Literally the only bone thrown to his own party/base would be Sandoval's pro-choice stance. On a court that was already majority GOP for 45 years and never once banned abortion. They have upheld some restrictions, the types of restrictions Sandoval supports. Mayeb gay marriage. Sandoval was anti-gay marriage but pro "civil union" but now considers the issue "settled law" since SCOTUS has weighed in.

DO IT Obama. Nominate this guy. We'll take him. We'll find a Scalia type later to replace Ginsburg. Because in the end, you simply . . . .

. . . . CAN'T. STUMP. THE. TRUMP.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Montasque posted:

/pol/ did that as a massive troll and it worked.

Why would /pol/ troll their own guy, what a bunch of idiots

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Donald Trump posted:

Political doesn't always mean someone in political office. Remember that.

I'd strongly recommend picking someone like this

Jewel Repetition posted:

Trump's VP needs to have political experience, preferably at the federal level and be considered very level-headed and polite. It's hard to get someone like that if you go really hard right.

Or Oprah.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

I think if he picks a Washington insider it could hurt his standing with the Trumpstaffel.

That's why he needs a beta who everyone will know is obviously Trump's whipping boy, and not his Dick Cheney.

Marco Rubio, COME ON DOWN!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

What are the chances that Reince Priebus strongarms Kasich into dropping out before Super Tuesday? Maybe he brokers a deal with Kasich and Rubio wherein Kasich is guaranteed the VP slot, which is really all Kasich is running for at this point anyway?

• Locked thread