Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Boosted_C5 posted:

That's why he needs a beta who everyone will know is obviously Trump's whipping boy, and not his Dick Cheney.

Marco Rubio, COME ON DOWN!!!

Rubio-In-Ballgag-Eyeing-A-Bottle-Of-Water.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

What are the chances that Reince Priebus strongarms

0.00%

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx
I like Rubio, but he's lazy. Corker?

Kindergarten Camp
Nov 27, 2015

Kindergarten Camp fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Mar 10, 2016

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Boosted_C5 posted:

LOL even Obama knows Trump is going to roll come November.

Reports he's considering EXTREMELY Pro-Second Amendment and EXTREMELY Pro-Tenth Amendment REPUBLICAN Brian Sandoval as his nominee.

Literally the only bone thrown to his own party/base would be Sandoval's pro-choice stance. On a court that was already majority GOP for 45 years and never once banned abortion. They have upheld some restrictions, the types of restrictions Sandoval supports. Mayeb gay marriage. Sandoval was anti-gay marriage but pro "civil union" but now considers the issue "settled law" since SCOTUS has weighed in.

DO IT Obama. Nominate this guy. We'll take him. We'll find a Scalia type later to replace Ginsburg. Because in the end, you simply . . . .

. . . . CAN'T. STUMP. THE. TRUMP.
sometimes my cat gets behind the couch and scratches off bits of synthetic carpet and eats them, then about half a day later has obviously painful diarrhoea. Your posting is very reminiscent of the frantic pacing and wide-eyed yowling and running around that accompanies this

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

What are the chances that Reince Priebus strongarms Kasich into dropping out before Super Tuesday? Maybe he brokers a deal with Kasich and Rubio wherein Kasich is guaranteed the VP slot, which is really all Kasich is running for at this point anyway?

I'd put the chance of Kasich dropping out before Super Tuesday under 20%.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Boosted_C5 posted:

Reports he's considering EXTREMELY Pro-Second Amendment and EXTREMELY Pro-Tenth Amendment REPUBLICAN Brian Sandoval as his nominee.

Literally the only bone thrown to his own party/base would be Sandoval's pro-choice stance. On a court that was already majority GOP for 45 years and never once banned abortion. They have upheld some restrictions, the types of restrictions Sandoval supports. Mayeb gay marriage. Sandoval was anti-gay marriage but pro "civil union" but now considers the issue "settled law" since SCOTUS has weighed in.

DO IT Obama. Nominate this guy. We'll take him. We'll find a Scalia type later to replace Ginsburg. Because in the end, you simply . . . .

I don't think you understand your own party very well. They will eat Sandoval alive.

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

What are the chances that Reince Priebus strongarms Kasich into dropping out before Super Tuesday? Maybe he brokers a deal with Kasich and Rubio wherein Kasich is guaranteed the VP slot, which is really all Kasich is running for at this point anyway?

Why would Kaisch take the offer of a VP slot from a losing loser like Marco Rubio.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
It will probably be Jeff Sessions because why the gently caress does Trump have to pick someone to try and swing a state when your target is 500EV

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx
Mark Cuban? Just thinking out loud here.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Donald Trump posted:

I like the way you think, Mr. Future President.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Boosted_C5 posted:

I don't know why I haven't put you on ignore yet.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

nachos posted:

I don't think you understand your own party very well. They will eat Sandoval alive.

"Brian Sandoval could be the GREATEST trojan horse of all time...he probably isn't, but can we take that chance?"

Kindergarten Camp
Nov 27, 2015

Donald Trump posted:

I heard someone say that Trump's V.P. as Mark Cuban was an outside bet.
Edit: Also, Trump is doing just fine as a one-man show; what if he just chooses someone boring as like an admission that having a V.P. is just a technical accessory that goes along with the whole Trump package.

Kindergarten Camp fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Feb 24, 2016

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Kasich has previously said that he is not interested in the VP.

But it's also true that, very briefly, the Kasich campaign was supposed to be the vehicle to take down Trump and die on its own sword under Trump's withering, relentless retaliation.

So who even knows? He's malleable and his campaign has featured at least some level of establishment loyalty.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Do It Once Right posted:

Kasich has previously said that he is not interested in the VP.

But it's also true that, very briefly, the Kasich campaign was supposed to be the vehicle to take down Trump and die on its own sword under Trump's withering, relentless retaliation.

So who even knows? He's malleable and his campaign has featured at least some level of establishment loyalty.

Kasich doesn't want VP. He wants Secretary of State.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Trump said he wants someone with experience, so what about one of only five living Republicans with experience being a Vice Presidential nominee?

cuckservative
Feb 24, 2016

by Shine

Montasque posted:

/pol/ did that as a massive troll and it worked.

This is /pol/'s time.

Wall Is Life
Sep 29, 2015

#NoBanNoWall

Fox Ironic posted:

Why would he want State? He seems way more focused on domestic issues.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Joementum posted:

Trump said he wants someone with experience, so what about one of only five living Republicans with experience being a Vice Presidential nominee?

Oh my god please

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fox Ironic posted:

Well, with a Trump admin he's probably the least bad choice for SoS. Maybe Huntsman?

Presumably Secretary of Defense will be Jim Webb.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

It's funny watching foxnews be completely bewildered by Rubes gameplan. 'So.... you're going to ignore Donald and continue with the strategy that has got you nowhere'.

They sound stupid, it is getting him somewhere, look at the endorsement chart they just showed. I bet you he as a bunch more to slowly trickle out over the next week too. He can't very well just come out and say "Look I'm in this now to be the last not-Trump standing and I'm not attacking Trump until I'm sure I have the full backing of the mainstream GOP when I do it."

He's a bad candidate but at this point I think he as the best and most feasible strategy of anyone other that Trump.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

so i just looked at the final NV results. i guess trump's going to be nominee after all?

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

breaklaw posted:

They sound stupid, it is getting him somewhere, look at the endorsement chart they just showed. I bet you he as a bunch more to slowly trickle out over the next week too. He can't very well just come out and say "Look I'm in this now to be the last not-Trump standing and I'm not attacking Trump until I'm sure I have the full backing of the mainstream GOP when I do it."

He's a bad candidate but at this point I think he as the best and most feasible strategy of anyone other that Trump.

No, he's deliberately sandbagging his own campaign because he soils himself in terror every night at the prospect of standing up to God Emperor Trump or Hillary in a general election. He never wanted this, but his party will never forgive him if he withdraws.

Vote Trump to free Marco Rubio from a nightmare he never wished for.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

nachos posted:

I don't think YOU understand it very well, or the NRA and we the people who make it up.

If Obama nominates a pro-2A judge we will be screaming at the NRA to scream at the GOP to get him confirmed.

cuckservative
Feb 24, 2016

by Shine
Trump is great on Two Amendment.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
:siren:BREAKING:siren:

Just in from Hannity - Rubio campaign has declined a 1hr townhall on Hannity's FOXNEWS show.

This is beyond bizarre... Hannity has been very fair to Rubio. Weirder yet, Trump has done one, and Cruz is doing one later this week... What's going on with Marco?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Trump will make a great VP. The pregnancy isn't optimally timed but she'll be fine.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Single issue gun nuts are tedious.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

breaklaw posted:

How are a bunch of establishment endorsements going to help Rubio win the voters who are siding with Trump and Cruz specifically because they're tired of said establishment?

Montasque posted:

Just in from Hannity - Rubio campaign has declined a 1hr townhall on Hannity's FOXNEWS show.

This is beyond bizarre... Hannity has been very fair to Rubio. Weirder yet, Trump has done one, and Cruz is doing one later this week... What's going on with Marco?

I wonder what's going on. Health/family issues? I'd think, despite this being non-ideal conditions, Rubio would take this opportunity to at least try to win now that he has essentially the full support of the establishment backing him up (as useless as it has been).

Or maybe he's giving up because he knows he's in rough shape to win the nom and is instead trying to grab Trump's VP slot.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Feb 24, 2016

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
Well yea, I guess he's still got a better chance for Cruz but talk about lowering the bar.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

icantfindaname posted:

so i just looked at the final NV results. i guess trump's going to be nominee after all?

hail satan

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Montasque posted:

Is Rubio having a nervous breakdown or something jeez

cuckservative
Feb 24, 2016

by Shine

Montasque posted:

what a loving lazy mexican...

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

Quayle, H.W Bush, Dole, Cheney, Palin, Ryan.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Montasque posted:

Oh my goodness he's completely collapsing . I think the breakdown theory has something.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
I expect Obama to nominate a usual liberal judge, let McConnell shoot her down, and then pick someone like Sandoval so he can say "I tried my best."

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Montasque posted:

This is beyond bizarre... Hannity has been very fair to Rubio. Weirder yet, Trump has done one, and Cruz is doing one later this week.

ahahahhahahhaha yessssssss. let it all burn :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
It's over after super tuesday.

• Locked thread