Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

as halfway crooks posted:

Nope

It makes one big bubble for "residents" and then warns about a 1% drop in "overall GNP" for that bubble

What does this even mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Nice study, it shows how employment and wages would increase for permanent residents and citizens if the illegal labour supply was decreased

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Laphroaig posted:

So we need to never offer amnesty and instead create a perpetual caste of second-class migrant workers, got it, or the American economy and CA agricultural sector will collapse.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm proposing. There is no alternative between those two extreme choices.

The Saurus posted:

Nicec study, it shows how employment and wages would increase for permanent residents and citizens if the illegal labour supply was decreased

lol no it doesn't:

quote:

The lost income would be only partially offset by higher real
wages for U.S.-born and foreign-born, permanent resident workers employed
as hired farm laborers or in other lower paying occupations where unauthorized
workers were formerly more prevalent.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
we should increase the minimum wage to 15 dollars an hour, this has no negative consequences

what we cant get rid of illegal farm workers and give their jobs to legal residents at a wage they would expect, the costs would destroy the ag sector

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Majorian posted:

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm proposing. There is no alternative between those two extreme choices.

I can't tell what you are proposing; either you can grant amnesty and a path to citizenship with full rights to the current undocumented migrant labor pool in the US, or you can try to keep the entire labor pool out, or you can maintain the status quo that no one, either people on the left or the right, think is correct.

what exactly are you advocating for

if you grant amnesty or if you want mass deportations, you do the same thing, you will remove the migrant labor pool that the US agricultural center is based upon.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Majorian posted:

It would raise wages for one sector of workers, but not offset the overall economic hit the U.S. economy would take. Did you not even read the section I quoted? (you don't have to answer that, I know you didn't)

Climate change is a pretty big one.

Oh this is spectacular.

I read your quote. It would raise wages for real Americans and hurt the bottom line for Capital and skilled workers.

So Trump can't sign a treaty? Big whoop, he wouldn't have to in order to do any of the stuff I talked about.

The majority of Americans like their men to act like men and think talking about "toxic masculinity" or whatever you just posted about is for weirdos.

The Kingfish has issued a correction as of 21:35 on Feb 24, 2016

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine

Majorian posted:

What does this even mean?

Definitions, you can't use GNP to answer an income question

Make American Great Again: the graph

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Laphroaig posted:

I can't tell what you are proposing; either you can grant amnesty and a path to citizenship with full rights to the current undocumented migrant labor pool in the US, or you can try to keep the entire labor pool out, or you can maintain the status quo that no one, either people on the left or the right, think is correct.

what exactly are you advocating for

Not repealing the DREAM act would be a good start. Also a pathway to citizenship. It's a complicated problem, but this all-or-nothing worldview that you're pushing ("IT'S EITHER MASS DEPORTATION OR NOTHING! ARR JORBS!") isn't exactly a realistic way of tacklking the issue.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Majorian posted:

lol no it doesn't:

Yes, it does:

Please also notice how increased illegal labour supply results in higher unemployment and lower wages for permanent residents and citizens.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

as halfway crooks posted:

Definitions, you can't use GNP to answer an income question

Thank God it doesn't try to do that:

quote:

In the long run, overall gross
national product accruing to the U.S.-born and to foreign-born, permanent
residents would fall by about 1 percent, compared with the base forecast.
The number of U.S.-born and other permanent resident farmworkers would
increase, but not by an amount suffi cient to fully offset the decrease in the
employment of unauthorized farmworkers.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

The Saurus posted:

it's tumblr-bullshit like "toxic masculinity". they dislike men who still act like men instead of self-flagellating for their crime of privilege

As annoying as the tumblr crew are, "Toxic Masculinity" is really just an academic term for Dudebros. I loving loathe Dudebros. Frat boy assholes who never grew out of that highschool heiarchy mentality. "Acting like a man" doesn't need to involve treating those you see as weaker or lesser in social status like garbage. It doesn't involve treating women like fucktoys. Acting like a man has nothing to do with loudly and aggressively declaring that you're not gay. Men cry (it's literally not healthy for you not to). Men like Taylor Swift music (See; Dwayne Johnson in Lip Synch Battles). I don't self-flagellate over my love of women. Because sweet Jesus do I love women. I just don't act like I'm entitled to their time, attention or reverence. Real men are gentlemen, not "alpha-beta" poo poo.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

The Saurus posted:

Yes, it does:

In one sector of the labor force, which would not offset the decrease in wages on average.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Talmonis posted:

As annoying as the tumblr crew are, "Toxic Masculinity" is really just an academic term for Dudebros. I loving loathe Dudebros. Frat boy assholes who never grew out of that highschool heiarchy mentality. "Acting like a man" doesn't need to involve treating those you see as weaker or lesser in social status like garbage. It doesn't involve treating women like fucktoys. Acting like a man has nothing to do with loudly and aggressively declaring that you're not gay. Men cry (it's literally not healthy for you not to). Men like Taylor Swift music (See; Dwayne Johnson in Lip Synch Battles). I don't self-flagellate over my love of women. Because sweet Jesus do I love women. I just don't act like I'm entitled to their time, attention or reverence. Real men are gentlemen, not "alpha-beta" poo poo.

Oh ho ho ho this post

cuckservative
Feb 24, 2016

by Shine

Talmonis posted:

cool blog post bro

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

cuckservative posted:

cool blog post bro

Fantasic name/post combo "bro."

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Like I said earlier, talking about toxic masculinity or whatever the gently caress that just was, is obviously for weirdos.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Talmonis posted:

Look at this printer carrying motherfucker over here.

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot

Majorian posted:

Oh this is spectacular.

Is that not what it means?

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
Why am I unsurprised that the Trumpstaffel is loaded with MRA's?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

T r a v i s posted:

Is that not what it means?

It's perfect, is what it is.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Majorian posted:

In one sector of the labor force, which would not offset the decrease in wages on average.

The decrease on average is less than 1 percent, and will include people who are incredibly rich. The increase goes to people who are struggling to get by on poverty wages, they need it more. And putting more money in the pockets of the poor is the best way to get the economy growing, because they spend all their cash instead of hoarding it. Does the study take into account the wages that will be spent in the United States instead of sent back in remittance payments?

Talmonis posted:

Uhh yeah sure dude, those guys who talk about how they're alpha or whatever are retards. Doesn't mean blaming it on the very concept of "masculinity" isn't retarded. In fact, that just plays into their hand because they can then claim the mantle of manliness, toxic as it may be, and use it to entice more of the pathetic losers who evolve into PUA's and the like.

cuckservative
Feb 24, 2016

by Shine

Talmonis posted:

aren't there like a dozen dicks you are supposed to be sucking atm?

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

The Saurus posted:

Uhh yeah sure dude, those guys who talk about how they're alpha or whatever are retards. Doesn't mean blaming it on the very concept of "masculinity" isn't retarded. In fact, that just plays into their hand because they can then claim the mantle of manliness, toxic as it may be, and use it to entice more of the pathetic losers who evolve into PUA's and the like.

And I agree with you. Tumblrinas are loving stupid. But at least they're harmless. Nobody will ever care about them, and it's why they're so loud.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Talmonis posted:

As annoying as the tumblr crew are, "Toxic Masculinity" is really just an academic term for BernieBros

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

The Saurus posted:

The increase goes to people who are struggling to get by on poverty wages, they need it more.

You're going to need to show me how this is the case for anyone outside of the agricultural sector.

Also, lol:

quote:

The decrease on average is less than 1 percent, and will include people who are incredibly rich.

Pretty sure they'll manage to make it not include them.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

You're not wrong.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Even if that report is 100% correct, a lot of people would be on board with removing illegals from the work force even at the cost of 1% of GDP (one that seems to be mostly taken out of the rich, not the blue collar workers that would directly benefit from such a proposal)

I want a scientific study on the economic impact that the wall will have, jobs, GDP, the whole enchilada

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

CubsWoo posted:

Even if that report is 100% correct, a lot of people would be on board with removing illegals from the work force even at the cost of 1% of GDP (one that seems to be mostly taken out of the rich, not the blue collar workers that would directly benefit from such a proposal)

Yeah, they're called white supremacists.:ssh:

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

cuckservative posted:

aren't there like a dozen dicks you are supposed to be sucking atm?

Hahaha, look at this loving guy. "Huhuh, yer gay." It's 2016 hoss, nobody gives a gently caress. :sissies:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 19 days!)

The real problem with getting rid of all the illegals, is that Americans aren't willing to do physically grueling labor for chump change. A lot of you can talk big about not considering certain lines of work "beneath" you, but that attitude would change real loving quick when you're catching chickens in a sweltering coop house. Your soft pink bodies would give in to exhaustion after half an hour.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Talmonis posted:

This doesn't work anymore and there won't be any moderators swooping in to ban the Reddit MRA PUAs.

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot

Majorian posted:

It's perfect, is what it is.

So you "dislike men who still act like men instead of self-flagellating for their crime of privilege"?

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Talmonis posted:

And I agree with you. Tumblrinas are loving stupid. But at least they're harmless. Nobody will ever care about them, and it's why they're so loud.

Yeah, that Tumblr poo poo spread way outside of Tumblr like loving locusts. I wouldn't argue they are the biggest reason for Trump's popularity, but that SJW bullshit is definitely a non-negligible contributing factor.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

T r a v i s posted:

So you "dislike men who still act like men instead of self-flagellating for their crime of privilege"?

I certainly laugh at men who couch things in that fashion!

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The real problem with getting rid of all the illegals, is that Americans aren't willing to do physically grueling labor for chump change. A lot of you can talk big about not considering certain lines of work "beneath" you, but that attitude would change real loving quick when you're catching chickens in a sweltering coop house. Your soft pink bodies would give in to exhaustion after half an hour.

Stupid as they are, we don't need you pulling this "White's aren't able to perform hard labor jobs" horseshit. It's needlessly divisive.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 19 days!)

Talmonis posted:

Stupid as they are, we don't need you pulling this "White's aren't able to perform hard labor jobs" horseshit. It's needlessly divisive.

It's still true.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

This doesn't work anymore and there won't be any moderators swooping in to ban the Reddit MRA PUAs.

If you think laughing at the lot of you fuckers for being MRA's is a call for mods, you're mistaken. I could care less, and prefer you keep outing yourselves.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Talmonis posted:

You're not wrong.

Hate to break it to you, but the mythical berniebro is probably so low of a percentage that it shouldn't even matter. It's the sort of manufactured outrage that can only exist on social media, and I hope I don't have to spell out who is endorsing and probably banking on this sort of callout culture smear

Talmonis posted:

Hillary Clinton cares.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

wow! *wink*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Check this guy out, "only the stalwart Mestizo is fit for physical labor", hahaha

• Locked thread