Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Bar Crow posted:

Trump has to have his name on everything. Do you really think he'd let someone else's name on his presidential run? It's going to be Trump/Trump. Either one of his kids or himself as his own running mate, possibly with a false mustache and claiming to be Ronald Trump.

I, uh, can't find anything in the Constitution that seems to require that the President and Vice President be different people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

I predict the 2020 nominee will be the candidate with the strongest record on reducing the capital gains tax.

Ha! I finally found your twitter account, then

https://twitter.com/DemsRRealRacist/status/702343042687172608

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Jewel Repetition posted:

Again, what is the point of attacking Joe when there are only 5 days until the date where he said he'll admit he's wrong if Trump wins?

where's the fun in needling someone who admitted they're wrong?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Montasque posted:

The Hedge fund guy in me wants to write you a massive check right now.

What's his name?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Mitt Romney posted:

Maybe he's betting on a few surprise wins and trying to stay under Trump's radar until then? Might be hard to take rubio down after March 15th when more favorable states are for him. No idea what he's doing though.

Rubio's a poo poo candidate.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Firebert posted:

Does Rubio have a credible path to the nomination without doing really well on Super Tuesday? I know Florida will be a big delegate swing that he might be favoured to win, but his polling looks bad in other winner-take-all states like Arizona/NJ/Ohio.

- Survive Super Tuesday, maybe win Minnesota and beat Cruz in most of the other states
- Win FL, OH, IL, be competitive in the others on 3/15
- Convince the blue/purple WTA states after 3/15 that he has the momentum and is a better choice than Trump

I wouldn't really call that credible but it is a path

Also Cruz probably has to drop out somewhere in there and hope that the Cruz people left are anti-Trump more than they are anti-establishment

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
https://twitter.com/thomaskaplan/status/702565243327647744

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

One by one, they will all bend the knee.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Firebert posted:

Does Rubio have a credible path to the nomination without doing really well on Super Tuesday? I know Florida will be a big delegate swing that he might be favoured to win, but his chances look bad in other winner-take-all states like Arizona/NJ/Ohio.

Not that don't include murdering Trump. There's theoretical possibilities but it's hard to see how they happen without him able to compete on Super Tuesday.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Foo posted:

the Dark Side's very own Roy Orbison.

Lol

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
If Rubio somehow makes up his 27-point poll deficit in Florida to win it I agree he will probably be on a good path to win, I just think that scenario involves Trump dying or something.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I wonder how much all these assholes wish they had a time machine so they could go back and convince themselves to follow Scott Walker's lead.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

a cop posted:

It's more poking fun than attacking. We're all having fun here. Just like Trump.

Some are deffo attacking, just not right now.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

MaxxBot posted:

If Rubio somehow makes up his 27-point poll deficit in Florida to win it I agree he will probably be on a good path to win, I just think that scenario involves Trump dying or something.

The thing people don't understand is that Florida hates Marco Rubio.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Rubio's whole thing is that "He's actually the best candidate, except for.." and that "except for" has ended up being pretty much everything about him. His only real bright spots once Trump started rolling were that he's young and can speak without making GBS threads himself, until this month where now he's just young.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Montasque posted:

The thing people don't understand is that Florida hates Marco Rubio.

You better believe we do.

And now I stop being smug, because Trump is polling stupid well here.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Rubio was only in this race as a favor to Jeb to act as a splitter up until Florida, at which point he would drop out once Jeb secured Florida's 99 delegates with 22% of the vote and waited patiently for his position in Jeb's cabinet (or a golden parachute at a think tank/K street firm in the case of Clinton winning)

Then Trump showed up and the whole thing came crashing down, he never asked for this

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011

Firebert posted:

Does Rubio have a credible path to the nomination without doing really well on Super Tuesday? I know Florida will be a big delegate swing that he might be favoured to win, but his polling looks bad in other winner-take-all states like Arizona/NJ/Ohio.

I think that all depends on how many delegates he and others have grabbed. If no candidate has a majority of delegates then yes, if he's the Not Trump candidate of the cycle then it's totally possible he gets the nomination once those delegates become unpledged on the second ballot. If Trump winds up sweeping Super Tuesday and the winner-take-all states on March 15 and beyond then yeah, I think that goose is cooked.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

One by one, they will all bend the knee.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/breaking-just-before-voting-ends-in-nv-rubio-scandal-re-surfaces/

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I spent way too much time on the RCP delegate calculator.

A few things of note.

1. I don't think Trump makes it to the required amount of delegates by the convention, unless Cruz and Carson drop out after Super Tuesday and endorse him.
2. Likewise, Rubio's best shot is Cruz/Kasich/Carson all dropping out, today.
3. Trying to do Cruz's best case scenario by having Trump/Carson/Kasich drop out today resulted in Rubio winning. I don't see Cruz winning anywhere but the Deep South against Rubio.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

It's hard to see Rubio over preforming.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

So hes banging a 3/10 on the side?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

CubsWoo posted:

- Survive Super Tuesday, maybe win Minnesota and beat Cruz in most of the other states
- Win FL, OH, IL, be competitive in the others on 3/15
- Convince the blue/purple WTA states after 3/15 that he has the momentum and is a better choice than Trump

I wouldn't really call that credible but it is a path

Also Cruz probably has to drop out somewhere in there and hope that the Cruz people left are anti-Trump more than they are anti-establishment

Yeah, I just can't see him gaining enough traction finishing 2nd in every contest on 3/1 to pull ahead in 3/15 and beyond. The later blue states that have always been friendly to establishment candidates are heavily favouring Trump. The GOP might be getting close to dead girl/live boy territory with Trump.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

1) Jake Tapper sucks as an anchor of a show.

2) Watching his show on CNN, they were talking about Trump, Cruz and Rubio fighting for the top. Those three dominated the entire segment except for 30 seconds talking about Kasich. Ben Carson was not mentioned at all and the only time he has been name dropped was when they stated that he was on the right side of the stage.

Friend Ben, you will be missed but your book sales will thank you.

cuckservative
Feb 24, 2016

by Shine

I need pictures of the women in order to pass judgement on this story.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

test balloon?

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

CubsWoo posted:

Rubio was only in this race as a favor to Jeb to act as a splitter up until Florida, at which point he would drop out once Jeb secured Florida's 99 delegates with 22% of the vote and waited patiently for his position in Jeb's cabinet (or a golden parachute at a think tank/K street firm in the case of Clinton winning)

Then Trump showed up and the whole thing came crashing down, he never asked for this

Found the Conservative Treehouser

(But yes, i agree)

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I'm ready to buckle up for Kasich

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

MaxxBot posted:

Last poll in FL was over a month ago.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

i watched that Rubio interview on Fox News and he still doesn't attack Trump. Between not attacking the front runner, and declining Hannity/CPAC - Rubio is just toast. Just amazing.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Microwaves Mom posted:

So hes banging a 3/10 on the side?

He's got no chance at a 3/1 or a 3/15 so he settled for a 3/10

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Joementum posted:

What stuff?

Aside from him being the most likely nominee, of course.

lmao there's no way Joementum actually thinks this anymore... he's got to be trolling us guys.

Also, the Washington Post editorial board asked GOP leaders (Ryan, Romney, George W, McCain and Bob Dole) to stand up to stop Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...omepage%2Fstory

Yes, that will work, because we all know what happened the last time a group of GOP leaders tried to stop Trump:

Rocks fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Feb 24, 2016

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Firebert posted:

Does Rubio have a credible path to the nomination without doing really well on Super Tuesday? I know Florida will be a big delegate swing that he might be favoured to win, but his chances look bad in other winner-take-all states like Arizona/NJ/Ohio.

Rubio doesn't need to win a single state to be the nominee, he only needs the support of the delegates at the convention. Trump supporters might be angry at Rubio for "stealing" his votes, but it's a perfectly legitimate way of getting the nomination.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Mitt Romney posted:

You say that like Rubio will be doing that much better now.

Face it, unless something insane happens, Trump is gonna win this thing.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Mystery Goomba posted:

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe for a second that Rubio is a good campaigner (he's not). I just thought it was funny that him declining the town hall event was a cataclysmic event for some people here.

Again, it was a reaction to a bunch of things that are really bad for him coming out just in the last couple days, coupled with him looking completely terrible on foxnews this morning. These are not the moves of a serious campaign that is trying to win.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Rubio doesn't need to win a single state to be the nominee, he only needs the support of the delegates at the convention. Trump supporters might be angry for Rubio "stealing" his votes, but it's a perfectly legitimate way of getting the nomination.

Trump needs to also not hit that magic number, right?

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Mitt Romney posted:

Oh so now there's a 40 point gap?

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Rubio doesn't need to win a single state to be the nominee, he only needs the support of the delegates at the convention. Trump supporters might be angry at Rubio for "stealing" his votes, but it's a perfectly legitimate way of getting the nomination.

By "angry" you mean "burn the GOP down to ash" right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

you have to assume that trump won't create a shitstorm of mad max fury road proportions if he thinks the GOP will be "stealing" his delegates at the convention to elect Rubio

• Locked thread