Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gorfob
Feb 10, 2007

This is why you always buy all the country TLD's you think you might need.

What a fuckken chump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
:iceburn:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...225-gn38jl.html

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Got this bullshit in the mail today

I wonder how they want me to vote.

If you want to read the whole thing:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-25/queensland-referendum-no-case-supporters-complain-ecq/7200318

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Beware the faceless men

evilbastard
Mar 6, 2003

Hair Elf

Birb Katter posted:

Can't find a nice enough snippet but apparently the ADF is now "potent, agile" according to Turdballs

What you don't realise is that when Everyone's agile, THEN NO-ONE IS

(Quotes below stolen from here)

BHP Billiton
BHP Billiton today announced a new operating model that will create a more agile company ready to respond to the challenges and opportunities presented by a rapidly changing global marketplace" - ASX announcement, 23 February.

Qantas
"This record result reflects a stronger, leaner, more agile Qantas," - CEO Alan Joyce, investor presentation, 23 February.

Caltex
"People – continuing to invest in our people to strengthen organisational capability and agility," - investor presentation, 23 February.

Coca-Cola Amatil
"We expect the turnaround of the Australian Beverages business to be gradual...This is assisting us to create a platform to become a more lean and agile organisation for the future, fully capable of anticipating and responding to market opportunities," - results presentation, 17 February.

IAG
"Our goal is to create a company that is customer-led and data-driven, simpler and scalable, agile and quick to respond to the changes we are seeing in the community and in business," - investor presentation, 17 February.

Suncorp
"Suncorp Bank will deliver quality long-term growth, the agility to respond to changing markets," - results presentation, 11 February.

Seven West Media
"Transforming and adapting to become a more lean and agile operation is a recurring theme across all of our businesses," - results presentation, 17 February.

Woodside Petroleum
"Efficiency gains were achieved not only through structured change to enhance organisational agility, but through an ability to get things done and done well," - annual report, 17 February.

Macquarie Group
"Diverse, agile product set is well-positioned to support clients and counterparties facing headwinds in their businesses," - investor update, 4 February.

evilbastard fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Feb 25, 2016

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Any Brisgoons volunteering at pre-polling for the Greens? I'm already down to go on some pamphlet bombing of my suburb and wondering if my anxiety ridden fat arse should do more

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I am. :anime:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Birb Katter posted:

Can't find a nice enough snippet but apparently the ADF is now "potent, agile" according to Turdballs

Just waiting for Turnbull to disrupt the budget with innovation.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Tokamak posted:

Just waiting for Turnbull to disrupt the budget with innovation.

They're coming up with an innovative way of ensuring supply for long enough after the budget to call a snap election

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

gently caress the nationals.

quote:

Safe Schools is like child grooming, says Nationals MP George Christensen
The MP says the $8m program to combat homophobia promoted links to websites advising children about penis-tucking and gay sex

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

George Christensen posted:

Be very wary of those intolerant of different views when they start invading schools.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
What a bunch of clowns.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Skellybones posted:

What a bunch of clowns.
Get your own schtick skeleboi

Quell surprise.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-25/china-%27dissatisfied%27-with-defence-white-paper-comments/7201062

quote:

South China Sea: Beijing 'dissatisfied' with 'negative' remarks in Australia's Defence White Paper By political reporter Eliza Borrello, wires Updated 13 minutes ago

China has responded angrily to the Federal Government's Defence White Paper.

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying said China was "dissatisfied" with what it saw as "negative" comments about the South China Sea in the document. Ms Hua said China did not want to see an arms race and hoped relevant countries could give up joint drills and withdraw their military presence in the region. "We have noticed Australia has released its white paper," Ms Hua said. "It mentions Australia is willing to enhance cooperation with China, China welcomes that and hopes it can translate these positive statements into concrete actions. "We also noticed that this white paper made some remarks about South China Sea and East China Sea. "These remarks are negative and we are dissatisfied about this."

Defence Minister Marise Payne told 7:30 the Government knew the South China Sea was a "point of difference" between Australia and China.

"We obviously have very significant relationships with China across a range of areas and not least of which is our trading relationship," she said. "But importantly as part of our defence relationship we work with the PLA Navy, with the PLA itself. We have a strong defence relationship but we do have a point of difference in this regard [the South China Sea] and we're certainly not going to take a backwards step in articulating our position." Former minister Kevin Andrews has used the white paper release to apply pressure to the Government to send warships within 12 nautical miles of the contested islands.

The Liberal backbencher said Australia must now follow the United States' example.

"We have to exercise that freedom of navigation and that means being prepared to sail our naval vessels, to fly our aircraft through that region and say we want unrestricted trade routes in this area," Mr Andrews told the ABC.

US to increase freedom of navigation operations

Meanwhile, the United States has said it will increase freedom of navigation operations in the South China Sea. "We will be doing them more, and we'll be doing them with greater complexity in the future and ... we'll fly, sail and operate wherever international law allows," Admiral Harry Harris, head of the US Navy's Pacific Command, said. "We must continue to operate in the South China Sea to demonstrate that water space and the air above it is international."

China's Foreign Minister Wang met with US national security adviser Susan Rice on Wednesday, where the two "candidly discussed" maritime issues, according to a White House statement. Ms Rice emphasised US support for freedom of navigation and urged China to address regional concerns, the statement said.

ABC/AFP

What the US is doing is lunacy. Us following is somehow even worse (What's more crazy than a lunatic? Kevin Andrews for starters). In Civ V sometimes your military adviser tells you that you should do what ever you can not piss off another nation because they could wipe you off the planet. We just got that advice and decided that denouncing the other nation was a great plan. :suicide: Clown nation :cb: had it coming :cb: nothing of value was lost :cb:

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
So do the Nationals actually do anything for farmers? I'm moving away from a relatively balanced area to the Mallee division in a traditional farming area and was advised by people living there that I "need to get behind the Nats if you're moving up here" but there is no loving way I'm doing that.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

screaden posted:

So do the Nationals actually do anything for farmers? I'm moving away from a relatively balanced area to the Mallee division in a traditional farming area and was advised by people living there that I "need to get behind the Nats if you're moving up here" but there is no loving way I'm doing that.

They do gently caress all for farmers or anyone other than the Liberal party. They wear hats and boots though so dickhead mouthbreathers vote for them.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

They do gently caress all for farmers or anyone other than the Liberal party. They wear hats and boots though so dickhead mouthbreathers vote for them.

Hey, they give quite a dicking to farmers whenever farmer interests clash with big business interests. Eg coal seam gas.

I mean I'm not sure if that's necessarily doing something "for" farmers as much as it is something "to" them, but I mean there is a farmer interaction.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

screaden posted:

To be fair, the Nats in WA got us royalties for regions, which in theory is a good idea. Course, the Libs then proceeded to use it to fund poo poo that should have been coming out of general revenue anyway, like hospitals and parks and roads.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Cartoon posted:

What the US is doing is lunacy. Us following is somehow even worse (What's more crazy than a lunatic? Kevin Andrews for starters). In Civ V sometimes your military adviser tells you that you should do what ever you can not piss off another nation because they could wipe you off the planet. We just got that advice and decided that denouncing the other nation was a great plan. :suicide: Clown nation :cb: had it coming :cb: nothing of value was lost :cb:

watch turnbull start a loving war

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Wasn't there an argument against Marriage Equality about trying to keep certain conservative Asian countries happy? Uhh, good job there guys

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

SynthOrange posted:

gently caress the nationals.

I expected the hardest part of moving and starting a new job in the same week to be possibly having none of my creature comforts, or adapting to a workplace I barely know.

I didn't expect it to be my inability to type heartfelt, angry emails at politicians about a subject that's become extremely close to my heart. So thanks, LNP, for making all of my personal difficulties this week seem small in comparison to your pure, unbridled dickbaggery.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

Not really correct.

They ensure their seat and some of the key farmers in it get sweet pork barrel money and cushy appointments to various boards and advisory panels.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I was talkin' to a friend about this Giraffe puppet health excursion we went on in primary school, and I looked it up, findin' this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zgp7zb-aog

Gotta keep those lungs pristine before we blacken and drown 'em

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
So, high quality legislation the Greens are backing.

Didn't even have a section on how to count the senate votes. I do like it when vote reform is rushed through. It's not like it's important or anything.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

EvilElmo posted:

So, high quality legislation the Greens are backing.

Didn't even have a section on how to count the senate votes. I do like it when vote reform is rushed through. It's not like it's important or anything.

[TELL] me how labor helped the lnp rush through retrospective legislation to save offshore processing from an ongoing high court challenge

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Jonah Galtberg posted:

[TELL] me how labor helped the lnp rush through retrospective legislation to save offshore processing from an ongoing high court challenge

As much as I enjoy playing this game with you in here. Eventually one of you will actually answer a question rather than asking a question.

So, how many times has the Turnbull Government tricked the Greens now? That'd have to be at least the second poo poo legislation they've gobbled up in an attempt to shake the 'protest vote' label.

EvilElmo fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Feb 25, 2016

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

EvilElmo posted:

As much as I enjoy playing this game with you in here. Eventually one of you will actually answer a question rather than asking a question.

So, how many times has the Turnbull Government tricked the Greens now? That'd have to be at least the second poo poo legislation they've gobbled up in an attempt to shake the 'protest vote' label.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/abbott-government-and-labor-reach-deal-on-metadata-retention-laws-20150318-1m2ozj.html

:hb:

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Yo Auspol, I got a letter in the mail about the upcoming referendum in QLD for 4 year fixed terms. Yay or nay? I'm going for 'no' but I'm drunk and high so I could be very wrong. What should I vote? Also I am not reading the last 2 pages if this was answered.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Vote yay. We should have fixed terms federally too.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Budzilla posted:

Yo Auspol, I got a letter in the mail about the upcoming referendum in QLD for 4 year fixed terms. Yay or nay? I'm going for 'no' but I'm drunk and high so I could be very wrong. What should I vote? Also I am not reading the last 2 pages if this was answered.

I'd say nay, because keeping shorter terms means less time for poo poo things to be forgotten about.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I'd say nay, because keeping shorter terms means less time for poo poo things to be forgotten about.

Longer terms means larger projects actually get done, though. Shorter terms arguably hosed over the NBN, and on a smaller scale we have stuff like the Gawler train line in SA still not being electrified because it's never on the agenda long enough to not get hosed over by the Liberals on some level.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Cleretic posted:

Longer terms means larger projects actually get done, though. Shorter terms arguably hosed over the NBN, and on a smaller scale we have stuff like the Gawler train line in SA still not being electrified because it's never on the agenda long enough to not get hosed over by the Liberals on some level.

Yeah, or you have to suffer through another year of some lovely regressive policy the libs have pushed through without any upper house to check their power.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Yeah, or you have to suffer through another year of some lovely regressive policy the libs have pushed through without any upper house to check their power.

This is QLD we are talking about here. The senate will be controlled by regressive Nationals.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Budzilla posted:

This is QLD we are talking about here. The senate will be controlled by regressive Nationals.

aren't QLD the ones that got rid of their senate?

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

norp posted:

aren't QLD the ones that got rid of their senate?
Yes. I am talking about the about QLD becoming more of a hellscape with longer fixed terms with senate. I would prefer the senate back with the current term limits implemented. Also

Budzilla posted:

I'm drunk and high
Sorry if I say something dumb

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Australia sounds like a lovely place to be.

Shame it's full of Australians, though.

(also, as an outsider, 'negative gearing' sounds a spectacularly stupid thing to do.)

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

my dude this is poor, even by your standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

BBJoey posted:

my dude this is poor, even by your standards.

EvilElmo posted:

• Locked thread