Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Thought occurred, did devs mention the CBT client can be updated to the launch version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Thought occurred, did devs mention the CBT client can be updated to the launch version?

Yep you're good to go

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ohsosad posted:

I think the only upside is it gives you the passive benefits?
Like +10% xp
Yes, that's it.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Eonwe posted:

I upgraded to the $50 pack

That skin looks p bad and I don't think I'd even use that do I'll save $50

looking forward to seeing you in the 96 hour early access

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Nah

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

Ok lets talk boats

Oh, cool, so it's upgrades and not boat pieces. Can you trade resources between players, or is that also banned?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Make sure to buy sexy underwear for the +1 luck

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Grondoth posted:

Oh, cool, so it's upgrades and not boat pieces. Can you trade resources between players, or is that also banned?

You can not trade most things with other players but they can be put on the market place and then sold.

You might be able to put something into a warehouse, swap characters, and pull it back out. The nice part is that each character on the same account has their own energy.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

You can not trade most things with other players but they can be put on the market place and then sold.

You might be able to put something into a warehouse, swap characters, and pull it back out. The nice part is that each character on the same account has their own energy.

Oh, so it's gonna be hard to help my buddies build boats so we can sail. It's a weird thing, these trading restrictions.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

It will be a bit harder, but not that bad. The market place is a dumb way to take place of personal trading, but he can only buy the cheapest thing on the market place and you can put it up for pretty cheap. There is a limit of how low you can go for each individual item.

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.
Lots of thought went into this family name.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

It will be a bit harder, but not that bad. The market place is a dumb way to take place of personal trading, but he can only buy the cheapest thing on the market place and you can put it up for pretty cheap. There is a limit of how low you can go for each individual item.

The no trading thing is just super weird to me. It's so standard in an MMO, and whenever I talked about it in the game a lot of people seemed to like it and even want to do away with trading altogether, which is a bit like traveling into a dark future where we don't use computers anymore and it's just understood that we don't like them. What's happened to make trading so restricted if not outright banned? A terrible gold farmer epidemic? Bots that stopped all leveling activity?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Asia games tend to be rife with gold farmers and selling. It isn't really seen as a bad buisness in asia.

Removing trading helps a little bit since it is harder to give money to someone. But there are probably still ways, other services, and credit card theft that will keep the spammers around.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Grondoth posted:

Oh, so it's gonna be hard to help my buddies build boats so we can sail. It's a weird thing, these trading restrictions.

Mostly impossible really. The best you can do is make sure they have items to buy from the AH, but it will have to be close to or the exact same price as if anyone else was selling it since prices are regulated by the system.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
Probably gonna switch to the 50$ pack, not dishing out 100 for sperging because stardew valley comes out this weekend and I'm going to harvest moon like all gently caress in that instead of in BDO.

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002
Berserker owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDXPoATOmaA

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Tamers can ride their dog.

http://s1.webmshare.com/QzMXZ.webm

And fight with dog

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

So was he a much higher level than both of them or something? Cause I was watching his health the whole time and they did negligible damage to him through the whole fight.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

It kind of looks like they gave up halfway through or something since his health just doesn't drop at all after a point but lmao if someone uploaded a 2v1 pvp video to brag about how they killed players noticably lower level than themselves.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.

Captain McStabbin posted:

So was he a much higher level than both of them or something? Cause I was watching his health the whole time and they did negligible damage to him through the whole fight.

its a +18 vs a 2 +15 geared players. +18=divine ayanad in archeage +15=illustrious bleh

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Syndlig posted:

Is the video crew from Wushu playing this? Because they made some fantastic videos for those contests.

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl1s69I6l8k

I dont remember being allowed to use your RG chain with your sword out.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Also.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
^Most of my dates end that way :smith:

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Ffycchi posted:

its a +18 vs a 2 +15 geared players. +18=divine ayanad in archeage +15=illustrious bleh

Why must every china game be marred by an enchanting roulette system, well at least the weapons dont start glowing when you get them above a certain number...or do they

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Quake posted:

Why must every china game be marred by an enchanting roulette system, well at least the weapons dont start glowing when you get them above a certain number...or do they
Not here, unfortunately. I loved enchanted weapon glow in Lineage 2, it gave you clear idea exactly how hosed you are.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Eltoasto posted:

I find it amusing that this statement is both correct and not a joke.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

are there benefits to owning a ship other than just being able to use it whenever you want?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

are there benefits to owning a ship other than just being able to use it whenever you want?
Yeah, having one as matter of fact.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Eltoasto posted:

New thread title?

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

kalstrams posted:

Yeah, having one as matter of fact.

???

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The greatest benefit of you owning a ship is saving me the bother of having to get one myself.

Besides it's not like naval combat is exactly going to be a solo activity. You'll want bodies to toss at enemy ships for boarding and so on.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Maybe I'm just biased because I love ships. I was the second Russian speaking player to build a ship in ArcheAge CBT5.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

You can't interact with the ship at all unless you own it so you can basically just ride it.

If you own it you can use its cargo space which will be pretty important if you want to fish or trade on the ocean.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

kalstrams posted:

Maybe I'm just biased because I love ships. I was the second Russian speaking player to build a ship in ArcheAge CBT5.

I was the first goon of my family tree not to play archage

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ruggan posted:

I was the first goon of my family tree not to play archage
Were you artificially synthesised or something?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

kalstrams posted:

Were you artificially synthesised or something?

In the end we're all just Cheeto dust and Mountain Dew

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
the first cash shop purchase i make will be a fishing ship/license, and i assume other players can board your ships so if anyone wants to come fishing, hmu

oh god i'm gonna throw more money at this game, noooooooooo

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010

Rafzakael posted:

the first cash shop purchase i make will be a fishing ship/license, and i assume other players can board your ships so if anyone wants to come fishing, hmu

oh god i'm gonna throw more money at this game, noooooooooo

The cash shop doesn't open until hard launch on March 3rd, so there may be time for goons to actually craft it before then. I would save your money or buy something more useful like pets!

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Markkei posted:

The cash shop doesn't open until hard launch on March 3rd, so there may be time for goons to actually craft it before then. I would save your money or buy something more useful like pets!

i get a free pet though

is there a point to having more than one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010

Rafzakael posted:

i get a free pet though

is there a point to having more than one?

You can have more than one pet out, up to 4 I've read.