Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

mandatory lesbian posted:

when will Pokemon Amethyst come out tho

what are some other trademarks they had, thats the only one i remember

Pocket Monsters: Topaz
Pocket Monsters: Tourmaline
Pocket Monsters: Moonstone
Pocket Monsters: Brown
Pocket Monsters: Grey
Pocket Monsters: Vermilion
Pocket Monsters: Purple
Pocket Monsters: Crimson
Pocket Monsters: Scarlet
Delta Emerald

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

less laughter posted:

Pocket Monsters: Topaz
Pocket Monsters: Tourmaline
Pocket Monsters: Moonstone
Pocket Monsters: Brown
Pocket Monsters: Grey
Pocket Monsters: Vermilion
Pocket Monsters: Purple
Pocket Monsters: Crimson
Pocket Monsters: Scarlet
Delta Emerald

haha they just got about every weird color they could think of huh

that being said Pokemon Crimson and Scarlet is a cool name and I'm sad they're probably not happening

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

when will Pokemon Amethyst come out tho

what are some other trademarks they had, thats the only one i remember

Yeah, but did those have their own logos up and everything? The logos are what makes me think that might be something to it this time.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Geostomp posted:

Yeah, but did those have their own logos up and everything? The logos are what makes me think that might be something to it this time.

oh I know all that it's just funny how many trademarks they've had just to have

i mean i'm sure it's good business to make sure you have a trademark but it looks real funny 20 years later seeing all these unused names

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Videogame journalism at its best:

(look at the twitter handle)

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

hopeandjoy posted:

ib4 no character customization in Gen 7, because Game Freak won't let us keep nice things.

Because as we all know, France is the only place where people change outfits.

I believe they actually said it won't be featuring in other generations to give people a reason to play the older games.

I mean, they can't just keep leaving in improvements. They would just serve to make the newer games better than the older games!

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Saoshyant posted:

Videogame journalism at its best:

(look at the twitter handle)

My uncle at Ninlendo will have you know that this is totally legit

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Man I hope this isn't on that next gen lovely hybrid console/handheld thing

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
third version will be pokemon meteor and your trainer will have false memories caused by experimentation with deoxys cells

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Nessa posted:

Because as we all know, France is the only place where people change outfits.

I believe they actually said it won't be featuring in other generations to give people a reason to play the older games.

I mean, they can just keep leaving in improvements. They would just serve to make the newer games better than the older games!

i like some games having there own identity and tbh character customization, while cute, isn't something i find necessary to oh who am i kidding i spent like 2 hours making an outfit once i want it in every game

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

alg posted:

The NX hasn't even been announced to the public and Pokemon games are typically released the same year they're announced nowadays. I'm pretty confident that if this does mean Gen 7, it will be on the 3DS. Both Gen 4 and Gen 5 were on the DS, after all. Maybe with some optional n3DS features like Gen 5 had really minor DSi exclusive features.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

alg posted:

uh the nx hasn't even be revealed. we don't even know for sure it will be a hybrid. how's that gonna work huh? you think they're gonna reveal the nx as well as new pokemon games in this 5 min direct tomorrow? jesus christ!! you gotta think these things through before you post em!!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Really hope it's not the NEW 3DS cause i don't feel like paying 200 bucks just to play pokemon

i mean i know i'll do it but i'll be unhappy

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Really hope it's not the NEW 3DS cause i don't feel like paying 200 bucks just to play pokemon

i mean i know i'll do it but i'll be unhappy

I'd think it would be 3DS with n3DS features if played on one, like Smash. Nintendo wouldn't restrict the install base for it's second best selling franchise unless for a new handheld.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

hopeandjoy posted:

I'd think it would be 3DS with n3DS features if played on one, like Smash. Nintendo wouldn't restrict the install base for it's second best selling franchise unless for a new handheld.

Yeah just like how the four gen V games were technically DSi games but still playable on a regular DS, just with some (unimportant) DSi features inaccessible.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

alg posted:

New main Pokemon games will never be on Nintendo's main consoles, they'll always be on the 3DS or 3DS2 eventually or w/e

edit: If they restrict it to just the new 3DS though that'll be some bullshit

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

hopeandjoy posted:

What feature does the n3DS have besides NFC reader? Cause i've got the white-puck reader for my 3ds.

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

Kurieg posted:

What feature does the n3DS have besides NFC reader? Cause i've got the white-puck reader for my 3ds.

Couple of extra buttons, the c-stick nub and a faster processor.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Macaluso posted:

New main Pokemon games will never be on Nintendo's main consoles, they'll always be on the 3DS or 3DS2 eventually or w/e

edit: If they restrict it to just the new 3DS though that'll be some bullshit

yeah pokemon is such a good system seller for the handhelds i can't see Nintendo ever letting them produce main line games for a console

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Kurieg posted:

It's got more juice. Smash loads faster and doesn't hog the whole system on a n3DS, for example.

Pokemon could finally have a stable framerate on the new 3DS!

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Alabaster White posted:

What a ripoff of Robopon, jeez :colbert:

This post makes me wish I never gave away my copy of Robopon 2 Cross, I had fun with it even though I never beat it

It also makes me want someone to photoshop these new Pokemon logos onto Sunny and Sunzero

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Gen 6 could definitely benefit from the n3DS's faster processor in battle, so I would be 100% ok with Gen 7 using it.

In addition to Nintendo knowing Pokemon sells handhelds, Game Freak has also said they want to keep the mainline games to handhelds to promote connectivity.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

hopeandjoy posted:

Gen 6 could definitely benefit from the n3DS's faster processor in battle, so I would be 100% ok with Gen 7 using it.

In addition to Nintendo knowing Pokemon sells handhelds, Game Freak has also said they want to keep the mainline games to handhelds to promote connectivity.

Frankly, I think longer RPGs just work better on handhelds. Sure, you lose graphics, but being able to pick it up on the fly and do a little at a time rather than camp out in your living room for hours on end was always more appealing to me.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

It's kind of weird for them to be announcing something on a day that that they release their products (Friday). What if Pokemon Z is DLC for X and Y that drops tomorrow (since they felt so unfinished), and Pokemon Sun/Moon come out later in the year?

Just hopes and dreams.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

hopeandjoy posted:

I really wish there would be a way to play it on the big screen, though. The older I get, the worse my eyes are and the more irritating staring at a small screen is.

Hopefully in Gen 7/8 or whatever coincides with the NX they'll make a way to have the new new new 3DS show up on the TV screen.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

hopeandjoy posted:

Yeah and I'd do it too :sigh: the bastards.

Geostomp posted:

Frankly, I think longer RPGs just work better on handhelds. Sure, you lose graphics, but being able to pick it up on the fly and do a little at a time rather than camp out in your living room for hours on end was always more appealing to me.

For the most part this is true, the 3ds mario and luigi RPGs have a lot of button mashing that a flat surface makes easier, paper jam takes this to an extreme degree because now you need to do this across 3 buttons so you need a table (I'm not playing paper jam anymore)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

hopeandjoy posted:

Pokemon Brown was another, I think.

Sounds poo poo.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Kurieg posted:

Yeah and I'd do it too :sigh: the bastards.

The unfortunate fact is that Game Freak has had their claws on my wallet since I was 5.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

The Flying Milton posted:

What if Pokemon Z is DLC for X and Y that drops tomorrow (since they felt so unfinished)

oh god i hope not i can't actually connect my 3DS to the internet here

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

hopeandjoy posted:

The unfortunate fact is that Game Freak has had their claws on my wallet since I was 5.

wow your parents didn't buy you pokemon yellow for Christmas, haha get owned

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

So for real though, how many grains of salt should we be taking with those pictures. How legit is this.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
special pikachu edition with the yellow gameboy, the best christmas gift i ever got

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

mabels big day posted:

So for real though, how many grains of salt should we be taking with those pictures. How legit is this.

As far as I can tell Nintendo really did register these trademarks, logos and all. But if you want to be skeptical (I always try to be about leaks), you can say it doesn't actually mean anything and they might just reveal Z tomorrow anyway. These could be for future use, or some weird spinoffs, or absolutely nothing.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Kurieg posted:

For the most part this is true, the 3ds mario and luigi RPGs have a lot of button mashing that a flat surface makes easier, paper jam takes this to an extreme degree because now you need to do this across 3 buttons so you need a table (I'm not playing paper jam anymore)

Sounds like you're just playing it weirdly, I never needed a table for those games and this is the first time I've ever heard that complaint.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/700214210483990528/photo/1

Masuda said something about Sun/Moon apparently which would all but confirm it?

Rough translation: "The sun is out, but the moon is shining bright. Also, the birds are singing."

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I still believe in Pokemon Z. These pictures will not fool me.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Amppelix posted:

These could be for future use, or some weird spinoffs, or absolutely nothing.

Or Game Freak actually bought the Sun and the Moon and is renaming them to promote the Pokémon brand

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Cuckoo posted:

"Also, the birds are singing."

My good friend Articuno, good to have you back.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

My good friend Articuno, good to have you back.

No if that was supposed to be Articuno then he'd be saying "the birds are crying as stealth rocks are wedged up their asses"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Cuckoo posted:

https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/700214210483990528/photo/1

Masuda said something about Sun/Moon apparently which would all but confirm it?

Rough translation: "The sun is out, but the moon is shining bright. Also, the birds are singing."

That was on the 17th though so maybe not?

Who knows. We'll find out tomorrow anyway.

• Locked thread