Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

SeanBeansShako posted:

What in the holy gently caress does that have to do with giant robosuits blowing each other up?

Take me away Char :smith:

Speaking of, how fare the fashion writeups? SEED and AGE should be fun, if/when you get to them. :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Just use the one vf-kun made

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

muike posted:

Just use the one vf-kun made

?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I'll get around to covering Zeon in the next few days eventually, moving onto a new PC is quite distracting.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

http://imgur.com/a/DKf8e

e: i still laugh at "i don't remember designing wendy"

muike fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 23, 2016

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

muike posted:

http://imgur.com/a/DKf8e

e: i still laugh at "i don't remember designing wendy"

Holy poo poo at "Too empowering for female viewers", holy poo poo at westerners being 'too simple-minded' to get Woolf/Wulf's name right, and holy poo poo at Sunrise giving pictures of Jewish celebrities to use as the basis for the villains. I know Japan is supposed to be really xenophobic, but I think this is the first time I've seen such blatant evidence of it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Son Ryo posted:

Holy poo poo at "Too empowering for female viewers", holy poo poo at westerners being 'too simple-minded' to get Woolf/Wulf's name right, and holy poo poo at Sunrise giving pictures of Jewish celebrities to use as the basis for the villains. I know Japan is supposed to be really xenophobic, but I think this is the first time I've seen such blatant evidence of it.

... Uh, it's a joke. Those are not actual real translations.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Oh wow we're all fools for taking that seriously I guess.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
With AGE there's really no explanation that's too far-fetched, imo

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I keep trying to forget how loving awful the vegan's piloting suits were. Those oven mitt gloves drove me nuts.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I liked that they tried something different with the Vegans but yes, the oven mitts and fishbowl helmets weren't that great to behold. Neither were the lizard-insect inspired suits sadly.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Son Ryo posted:

I know Japan is supposed to be really xenophobic, but I think this is the first time I've seen such blatant evidence of it.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I love Wesley Snipes. [laughs]

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Son Ryo posted:

lol

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

"Anime was a mistake" - Hayao Miyazaki

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Level Slide posted:

"Anime fans were a mistake" - Hayao Miyazaki

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

hory sheeeeeeeet

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

lmao

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Hayao Miyazaki was a mistake - anime

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gundam Breaker 3 is getting an English Asian release so that means there's a decent chance of it getting an actual western release at some point.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Gundam Breaker 3 is getting an English Asian release so that means there's a decent chance of it getting an actual western release at some point.

ahahahahaah

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
So during some Googling for Tomino interviews I came across mention of an essay (or possibly a book, it's unclear) that Tomino wrote about Turn-A called TURN A no iyashi that apparently discusses his feelings on the show, Mead's involvement, it's reception, legacy and so on. I know there's a few folks who haunt the thread that speak Japanese and I'm just making the thread aware of it on the off-chance that one of them might be a Turn-A fan too and interested in Googling it in Japanese to see if it's freely available to report on anything interesting in it should they read it. It worked out when I asked about the original plans for ZZ after all, so it might work out here too.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

SeanBeansShako posted:

What in the holy gently caress does that have to do with giant robosuits blowing each other up?

You know how Victory Gundam is an absurdly dark show where people die in horrible ways in almost every episode?

Muv-Luv is kinda the same deal, but significantly nastier in the specific things it does to its characters.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Muv luv is trash and people who like it should feel bad for encouraging it's creators

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

MuvLuv is really bad. I don't think I've ever dropped a show out of actual disgust like I did Schwarezmarken.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

ahhh this sucks, I already put in an order for the JP version on Yes Asia and they don't do cancellations

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Midjack posted:

ahahahahaah

That's exactly what happened with Gundam Extreme VS :shrug:

Cat Machine posted:

ahhh this sucks, I already put in an order for the JP version on Yes Asia and they don't do cancellations

Seriously? Is it even legal to not allow preorder cancellations?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

amiami doesn't let you cancel orders unless you actually talk to somebody from the company via email or whatever, and even then they reserve the right to deny your cancellation. so it doesn't seem that weird for online shops like that

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Gundam Extreme VS never had an NA release. Gundam Extreme VS Force will probably flop hard enough to stop another one for several years.

And Yes Asia is based in Hong Kong so your protections are different from what you get at Gamestop.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Not allowing cancellations is bullshit. Shoot them an email and if they don't cancel it tell them you'll do a chargeback and follow through if they still don't budge

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So the release date for a couple of P-Bandai kits I was eyeing up is fast approaching. Any tips on good places to buy them for a UK goon?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Droyer posted:

Keep the gunpla in the gunpla thread, please

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

poo poo, sorry, misread the thread title. My bad.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hey its really cool and good that you keep referring people to that thread and then don't link it.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3678195

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Midjack posted:

Hey its really cool and good that you keep referring people to that thread and then don't link it.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3678195

If only it wasn't linked in the first post of the thread.

And also if only all the people who bring it up weren't already regular posters of that thread

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Maybe there should be a fourth, "anything goes", Gundam thread

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

Maybe there should be a fourth, "anything goes", Gundam thread

No.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
The Gundumb Thread.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
I've been slowly working though the UC gundams chronologically for the past year or so now and I just finished ZZ.

I don't even know where to begin deconstructing that mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think what you mean to say is "I loved it completely and it's perfect in every way."

*begin 4 page debate*