Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Only Rick Scott can save Rubio now. And a Jeb endorsement. And Kasich and Cruz dropping out. Then he'll be on track to win his home state.

what's amazing to me is that if both Kasich and Cruz drop out and literally 100% of their supporters go to Rubio he still only wins in that poll by 3 points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I want to see Trump completely sweep Super Tuesday. Has any candidate ever done that?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Lapdogwhistle delivering the massive bombshells

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx

mcmagic posted:

Black actually people love Hillary and Bill Clinton. The idea of them voting for Trump over them is silly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqLfvQfuvsA

Donald Trump fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 25, 2016

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

rubio's gonna gently caress this debate up and that's when the skies will rend open and four yuuge, golden horsemen will be unleashed on the world to herald god-emperor trump's coming reign

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

turnip kid
May 24, 2010

Isn't it because Kasich is polling a lot better against Trump in Ohio?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

She's going to get 75% of the vote in SC Saturday. That's the reason Sanders is going to lose the primary.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
I think all the pro-Trump white supremacist people might negatively affect black voters' support for him.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Trump has discovered the common factor between the activist and evangelical pillars of the GOP tent: hatred of Mexico.

Mexico delenda est.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

turnip kid posted:

Isn't it because Kasich is polling a lot better against Trump in Ohio?

I think the strategy there is to keep Trump from reaching the delegate threshold on the first ballot and permit delegates to defect to the establishment pick afterwards.

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx

mcmagic posted:

She's going to get 75% of the vote in SC Saturday. That's the reason Sanders is going to lose the primary.

Good for her. Hillary is a disaster. A big, fat, disgusting disaster. I will be the greatest jobs President God ever created. The blacks will vote for me because they know Obama, really, has done absolutely nothing for them. Maybe even made their lives worse. Believe me.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Mo_Steel posted:

I've decided the best analogy for this season of politics is the movie Jurassic Park. The GOP is Dennis Nedry, and turning off the electric fences set Trump loose. Now everyone is hosed.

Except the damage will not be contained to an island in the Pacific, so "everyone" is literally everyone.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
new taibbi article had a great section about cruz:

quote:

Psychology Today even ran an article by a neurology professor named Dr. Richard Cytowic about the peculiarly off-putting qualities of Cruz's face.

He used a German term, backpfeifengesicht, literally "a face in need of a good punch," to describe Cruz. This may be overstating things a little. Cruz certainly has an odd face – it looks like someone sewed pieces of a waterlogged Reagan mask together at gunpoint – but it's his tone more than anything that gets you. He speaks slowly and loudly and in the most histrionic language possible, as if he's certain you're too stupid to grasp that he is for freedom.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Enjoy losing the general then :shrug:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Mitt Romney posted:

Florida Quinnipiac

Trump +16 http://www.quinnipiac.edu/images/polling/fl/fl02252016_FmH23kg.pdf

Trump 44
Rubio 28
Cruz 12
Kasich 7
Carson 4

Looks like Rubio is... flaming out.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

We don't vote in any real capacity except for Republicans. In Dem races we've been muted. Our turnout has been abysmal.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

User posted:

The radical notion that the American government should serve the needs of American citizens and legal residents first is not racism.

No, it isn't, but calling all Mexicans rapists is.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Donald J. Trump
25 mins ·
Lightweight losing candidate Mitt Romney asks about my tax returns. I have a store that is worth more than him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

Looks like Rubio is... flaming out.

Flaming out implies that there is a time that his campaign had traction...

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Shageletic posted:

African Americans coming out with 2004 numbers would still need Trump to expand his numbers past Romney's share of the white vote in 2012, or capture significantly higher numbers of minorities than Romney did in 2012.

That's not going to be hard at all though. Tons of white people have been staying home the last couple elections and Trump is exactly like the candidate to bring them out, this is 2008 for the republicans. Bringing out tons of new voters is exactly how he's winning, and once the primary dies down the other republicans are going to hop on board.

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx

Chantilly Say posted:

It's good that no one has done anything like that :smug: That would be terrible.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Boosted_C5 posted:

Donald J. Trump
25 mins ·
Lightweight losing candidate Mitt Romney asks about my tax returns. I have a store that is worth more than him.

Beautiful.

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost

Chantilly Say posted:

Fun fact: only the news media says that. Trump said that some, he assumes, are good people!

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
https://twitter.com/JanieVelencia/status/702885967238008832

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Yes, lots. Red State, the Federalist, National Review, the David Frums, David Brookses, George Wills, etc. It goes on and on.

There will be a not small, vocal group of Republicans who will endorse Hillary over Trump. The articles are already being written.

Trump (or his campaign at least) is literally insane and a national security risk, and most of the "conservative intellectuals" will reject him outright.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
The GOP will eventually bend the knee to Trump. In the end, most people care more about winning than they do about ideology.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Hot take: if Rubio drops out right now and endorses Trump, they can still stop Cruz.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Man the polling is all over the place on this one.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Only Rick Scott can save Rubio now. And a Jeb endorsement. And Kasich and Cruz dropping out. Then he'll be on track to win his home state.

Rick Scott is loving loathed in Florida, his endorsement isn't exactly a prize catch.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/702887030892658688

And Cruz is going to win Texas. That army of volunteers he has are mostly Texas based.

They are his people.(Not really... He's only lived there for like 10 of his 45 years)

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Alan Grayson is less popular than Rick Scott and may cost the Democrats every seat in Florida simply by existing.

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost
Rubio is a placeholder. His only job, along with Cruz, is to force an open convention. Of course even that might backfire because I expect Trump can easily select fanatical delegates out of his core supporters.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Montasque posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/702887030892658688

And Cruz is going to win Texas. That army of volunteers he has are mostly Texas based.

They are his people.

It's irritating because that's gonna give him enough juice to keep going.

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

It's irritating because that's gonna give him enough juice to keep going.

I wouldn't mind if California's vote gets to matter for once.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/702891487776866306

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
It'll be interesting to see what happens when Cruz wins Texas, and Rubio and Kasich lose their home states. How would Rubio justify staying in the race?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Nonsense posted:

Alan Grayson is less popular than Rick Scott and may cost the Democrats every seat in Florida simply by existing.

The Florida Democratic party is a giant mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Trump is the people's educator. Who loving needs teachers? Fire all women teachers. Only men can properly teach TRUMP

• Locked thread