Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDU1oZY-7Iw

Sometimes this game gets ridiculously intense, even playing mix team faceit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

special tactics
Oct 13, 2015
On the European servers this is not Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. This is Counter Suka: Blyad Offensive.

Russian invasion...

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

special tactics posted:

On the European servers this is not Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. This is Counter Suka: Blyad Offensive.

Russian invasion...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiSdTQ9DW9g&t=263s

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
just won a matchmaking game 16-1 and i was the only person on my team who used voice comms the entire match.

silent killing machines

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
God drat it, gently caress these stupid rear end teenagers who think it's cool and edgy to alternate between shouting racial and homophobic slurs and literal screaming. :argh:

Where are their parents and why are they failing at raising children so badly?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

God drat it, gently caress these stupid rear end teenagers who think it's cool and edgy to alternate between shouting racial and homophobic slurs and literal screaming. :argh:

that is cool

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Mom drank while pregnant. Just block comms and move on.

Thus far I haven't been matched with anyone I've blocked so I'm quite sure you're prevented from getting matched again at least.

\/ I love this :allears:

fennesz fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Feb 25, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
JW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayxOGCaYWyk

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I really want to see POV of his 4K from a few rounds earlier to see the first two kills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbwHqUFdDn0

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

fennesz posted:

Mom drank while pregnant. Just block comms and move on.

Thus far I haven't been matched with anyone I've blocked so I'm quite sure you're prevented from getting matched again at least.

\/ I love this :allears:

By blocking, do you mean block comms or blocking their Steam profile? I think I've had to either vote kick or block somebody in at least half of my competitive games because someone is griefing, throwing, or being obnoxious.

True story, my mom drank when she was pregnant with me and I was born prematurely by two months, and yet I never was nearly the kind of prick these jokers are when I was a tween/teen. The worst I did was playing a few songs a few times in CS 1.6 testing HLDJ as a gimmick, but never the kind of shrill screaming and toxicity I've seen and heard in this games.

It's just terrible parenting, plain and simple. I think Call of Duty genuinely poisoned the well too in terms of kids being little shits online somehow and I don't know why.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Feb 25, 2016

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I think at a certain point it's just something that no amount of parenting can stop, it's just predestined that they're going to be dickbags. The only hope is that they realize their shameful ways and correct them later in life

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

nftyw posted:

I think at a certain point it's just something that no amount of parenting can stop, it's just predestined that they're going to be dickbags. The only hope is that they realize their shameful ways and correct them later in life

So why do they congregate in games like CoD or CSGO now? I don't remember kids being this salty back when I played UT2k4 and the like.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

nftyw posted:

this is how we all know you're white

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Wish Valve would raise the minimum rank for competitive to like 10 or so. As it is the limit is kind of a joke.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

So why do they congregate in games like CoD or CSGO now? I don't remember kids being this salty back when I played UT2k4 and the like.

90% of the time I think it's them trying to mimic whatever streamer/youtuber they religiously watch in place of having real friends. They watch these toxic loving dude bros and see them deagle hopping around throwing insults and just being obnoxious and assume that's how you should act.

"OMG I JUST SAY xxXXXSWiGGLeJiGGLeMoMFuCKeRXXXxx run around in CSGO for 4 hours doing nothing but screaming NIGGERFAGGOT without breathing and people got so MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD. I'm going to sign up for twitch and do exactly that and then I'll be popular too!"

Sometimes I think the internet was a huge mistake and should have remained something that the government and universities used to send files around.

Elman posted:

Wish Valve would raise the minimum rank for competitive to like 10 or so. As it is the limit is kind of a joke.

Nah, literal age gating. You have to supply proof that you're over 18 to Valve in order to play anything other than the 5 childrens games on Steam. With a report option for "is not 18" for any and all online games. You get banned if it gets verified.

At the very least it'll slowly put a chilling effect on 12 year old attempting to break glass with their voices for 20min straight while in a match.

Crain fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Feb 25, 2016

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right

Crain posted:

Sometimes I think the internet was a huge mistake and should have remained something that the government and universities used to send files around.

Concur.

For the record though, I remember a large portion of the player base being pretty obnoxious and toxic even in the early days of the original Counter-Strike, well before CoD and Twitch were even a twinkle in their creators' eyes. They also had the benefit of custom sprays to really cement the themes of their racist/homophobic/hateful texts.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

My guess is the proliferation of voice chat making expressing your saltiness and/or inanity much easier.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I got MM'ed with a 4 stack just now, one of them got salty because I didn't drop him the AWP I picked up the previous round and as a collective they decided to kick me mid-way through the last round (after I carried them to 15-4 and had gotten 2 kills in the last round). I was under the impression that you couldn't kick people in the last rounds? But I guess they changed that. I'd be annoyed if that actually didn't count as a win for me.

On a another whining note, the F1 key on my keyboard is entirely broken, and Valve in their infinite wisdom seemingly still don't allow you to rebind the vote keys, meaning I can never vote yes on anything. I get that this is a problem that's going to affect < 0.0001% of the population, but it's still annoying as hell. Maybe Valve will pay for a new keyboard. Probably come to less than the development work.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Rosh posted:

Concur.

For the record though, I remember a large portion of the player base being pretty obnoxious and toxic even in the early days of the original Counter-Strike, well before CoD and Twitch were even a twinkle in their creators' eyes. They also had the benefit of custom sprays to really cement the themes of their racist/homophobic/hateful texts.

This, toxic poo poo is not new, it's been around since CS beta 1, rainbow 6, quake, unreal et al. It's easier/more common now because VC is built into every loving game. Just learn to mute and report for griefing/whatever and you shouldn't run into people again, at least I never have.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

NtotheTC posted:

I got MM'ed with a 4 stack just now, one of them got salty because I didn't drop him the AWP I picked up the previous round and as a collective they decided to kick me mid-way through the last round (after I carried them to 15-4 and had gotten 2 kills in the last round). I was under the impression that you couldn't kick people in the last rounds? But I guess they changed that. I'd be annoyed if that actually didn't count as a win for me.
It does count as a win, I've upranked after being kicked before.

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

I was doing the composing.

Elman posted:

I wish Valve would just remove ranks all together and bring back the fun.

CSGO is nothing but esports garbage now.

wheres my riot shield and mp5? :smith:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

By blocking, do you mean block comms or blocking their Steam profile? I think I've had to either vote kick or block somebody in at least half of my competitive games because someone is griefing, throwing, or being obnoxious.

It's the same thing. Blocking someone in-game blocks their steam profile.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

fennesz posted:

No, it doesn't.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Tokit posted:

I wish Valve would just remove ranks all together and bring back the fun.

CSGO is nothing but esports garbage now.

Where is the fun that cs used to have that isn't there anymore and how is the esports element detracting from your enjoyment of the game? The only thing that's really new to GO is the matchmaking system which wasn't ever an option before, but there's nothing stopping you going the old-fashioned route and playing exclusively on community hosted servers with a wider variety of skill levels or just casual if you hate yourself

also the riot shield rivals and probably exceeds the pre-patch revolver for being the worst piece of poo poo added to any cs game

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

No, it doesn't.

I remember checking a steam profile after blocking a guy in-game and having his profile blocked as well. Huh, guess I'm remembering wrong.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

fennesz posted:

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

No, it doesn't.

fennesz posted:

I remember checking a steam profile after blocking a guy in-game and having his profile blocked as well. Huh, guess I'm remembering wrong.

While it doesn't work this way in Valve MM, it does for ESEA, and I think CEVO, too. Although it doesn't block their actual Steam profiles, but just the ones they use on those respective third-party carriers. Plus, you won't be matched up with that player in anymore games.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

NtotheTC posted:

On a another whining note, the F1 key on my keyboard is entirely broken, and Valve in their infinite wisdom seemingly still don't allow you to rebind the vote keys, meaning I can never vote yes on anything. I get that this is a problem that's going to affect < 0.0001% of the population, but it's still annoying as hell. Maybe Valve will pay for a new keyboard. Probably come to less than the development work.

Are you Kn1ght?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

True story, my mom drank when she was pregnant with me and I was born prematurely by two months, and yet I never was nearly the kind of prick these jokers are when I was a tween/teen. The worst I did was playing a few songs a few times in CS 1.6 testing HLDJ as a gimmick, but never the kind of shrill screaming and toxicity I've seen and heard in this games.

It's just terrible parenting, plain and simple. I think Call of Duty genuinely poisoned the well too in terms of kids being little shits online somehow and I don't know why.

Nice humblebrag

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Toxicity was less a thing when everyone played on dedicated servers with a community and admins. More reputation based.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

So looking at the groups for the last major qualifier, I don't think c9 is getting out of groups.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Photex posted:

So looking at the groups for the last major qualifier, I don't think c9 is getting out of groups.
Ehhh, they have a fair chance of beating Gambit. Renegades will be a toss-up, though. Dignitas will blow them out of the water.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

mcvey posted:

Toxicity was less a thing when everyone played on dedicated servers with a community and admins. More reputation based.

Yeah but 5v5 really is the only way to go. I stopped playing CS because 10v10 / 16v16 was boring as gently caress.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Crain posted:

Nah, literal age gating. You have to supply proof that you're over 18 to Valve in order to play anything other than the 5 childrens games on Steam. With a report option for "is not 18" for any and all online games. You get banned if it gets verified.

At the very least it'll slowly put a chilling effect on 12 year old attempting to break glass with their voices for 20min straight while in a match.

Nah, what you do is pop up a prompt at first log in that requests that you shout "friend of the family human being" into the microphone. Anyone who hits cancel on the prompt is allowed to play as normal, and anyone who goes through with it gets put into a special queue for only them.

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Which is why there were/are tons of 5v5 community servers? The 1.6 clan I played with had like 5 different servers, surf, 16v16, 7v7, 5v5, a semi-private 5v5, etc.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sigma-X posted:

Nah, what you do is pop up a prompt at first log in that requests that you shout "friend of the family human being" into the microphone. Anyone who hits cancel on the prompt is allowed to play as normal, and anyone who goes through with it gets put into a special queue for only them.
Just put in the Leisure Suit Larry tactic of trivia questions. If you get more than 2 wrong out of 10, you get placed in the "kiddie pool".

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Sigma-X posted:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=5wHB-CN0eIk

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

qhat posted:

Yeah but 5v5 really is the only way to go. I stopped playing CS because 10v10 / 16v16 was boring as gently caress.

Even on that side of the game random PUGs were less a thing, you mostly played scrims with people you knew and against other 'teams'. Again, more reputation based.

e: i'm talking like 2000-2005~

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

mcvey posted:

Even on that side of the game random PUGs were less a thing, you mostly played scrims with people you knew and against other 'teams'. Again, more reputation based.

e: i'm talking like 2000-2005~

Yeah, generally if you couldn't get 5 from your "clan" you grabbed a buddy to round out your team, generally not some random bro.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Sigma-X posted:

Nah, what you do is pop up a prompt at first log in that requests that you shout "friend of the family human being" into the microphone. Anyone who hits cancel on the prompt is allowed to play as normal, and anyone who goes through with it gets put into a special queue for only them. removed from the genepool at their parents expense

Just a slight fix.

I'm not a bitter old man, why do you ask?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

sterster posted:

Are you Kn1ght?

Poor keeniggit