Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
I'm not against the idea of turbocharging it, I just think that should be saved for next year so as to increase my odds of surviving this year.

Adiabatic posted:

YOU MUST ACQUIRE ADDITIONAL VORTECS

YOU REQUIRE MORE NITROUS GAS

E: oh god new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

literally a fish posted:

I'm not against the idea of turbocharging it, I just think that should be saved for next year so as to increase my odds of surviving this year.

Supercharge it, conversion van with blower whine would be amazing.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

NitroSpazzz posted:

Toothed-belt-driven twin-screw. HNGGGG!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

NitroSpazzz posted:

I offered a pair of Eaton M90s off late supercharged 3800s but he kept blathering about how he wanted it to run sometime this year or something, I dunno what his problem is :shrug:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

sharkytm posted:

Toothed-belt-driven twin-screw. HNGGGG!

Supercharger would take up the space where the radio was.

...then again if there were a supercharger in the cabin, a radio would be pretty useless anyway.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

kastein posted:

I offered a pair of Eaton M90s off late supercharged 3800s but he kept blathering about how he wanted it to run sometime this year or something, I dunno what his problem is :shrug:
Fuzzkill doesn't live close enough :(

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
A blower is a lot easier to ship than a block...

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Supercharger would take up the space where the radio was.

Heheh, we thought the same thing...

That's an unmodified G20 engine bay :getin:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

There's enough room in the back of a van to permanently install a stereo system of such proportion that you could pop your own head from the pressure whilst driving.

...and that is something I'd like to do in life (death?).

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
I wasn't sure what a Vortec was exactly so I googled it and saw this gem:

WHAT SIZE ENGINE IS A 5.3 LITER?!?!?!

Well...I would guess it's 5.3 liters.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Terrible Robot posted:

Heheh, we thought the same thing...

That's an unmodified G20 engine bay :getin:

In the UK, we never mention "American V8s", it's always "BIG American V8s". Yet your V8s are actually fekking tiny! I am jealous of your small yet large V8s.

Cramming a DOHC motor in that engine bay would mean sacrificing the supercharger, which is a pretty horrible thing to do.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

I wasn't sure what a Vortec was exactly so I googled it and saw this gem:

WHAT SIZE ENGINE IS A 5.3 LITER?!?!?!

Well...I would guess it's 5.3 liters.

327ci

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

In the UK, we never mention "American V8s", it's always "BIG American V8s". Yet your V8s are actually fekking tiny! I am jealous of your small yet large V8s.

I'm convinced that GM has struck a deal with Satan to allow them to make pushrod V-8s that have power outputs that rival the most technologically advanced 32-valve motors out there. Not to mention you can squeeze them into drat near anything.

Maybe Satan gave them the motors in exchange for 90's cheap plastics and the Cavalier/Cobalt? :shrug:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

325ci. :colbert:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Requesting the block be painted in tardis blue thanks.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.

Cakefool posted:

Requesting the block be painted in tardis blue thanks.

No.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Really? I always thought the 5.3lt would be 327ci, considering it is a classic Chevy V8 size

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

VB Green then.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Ferremit posted:

VB Green then.

Acceptable

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Ferremit posted:

VB Green then.

John Deere green.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

You Am I posted:

Really? I always thought the 5.3lt would be 327ci, considering it is a classic Chevy V8 size

The only LS to hit a "classic" displacement is the LS7, and they fudged it a bit because it's something like 427.9 cubic inches and they can't possibly call a Chevy engine a 428. The LS1/LS6 are 346 cubic inches, not the good old tree-fiddy.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

You Am I posted:

It's not, but rednecks will call it that all day long.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
If anyone needs a cheap conversion van, here's one you can have for less than $600 in Philly http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5449756021.html

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

Nitrox posted:

If anyone needs a cheap conversion van, here's one you can have for less than $600 in Philly http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5449756021.html

It's a dodge! I'm told the transmissions on those are glass.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

wallaka posted:

It's not, but rednecks will call it that all day long.

Likewise I see the LS1 called a 350 all the time too.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

opengl128 posted:

Likewise I see the LS1 called a 350 all the time too.

I mostly see the 6.0 truck motor being called a "350"... loving truck guys. It's a 6 Litre, not a tree-fiddy.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Lol I posted it because 'who would be dumb to ask how big 5.3 litres is' but hey, I guess it's one of life's great mysteries!

Speaking of 5.3's, where's the one for this van? Are you still snowed under in the US?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

sharkytm posted:

I mostly see the 6.0 truck motor being called a "350"... loving truck guys. It's a 6 Litre, not a tree-fiddy.

That's just loving retarded, especially since 6.0L is 366 cubic inches, not 350. That's not even close. Calling a 5.7 a 350 is retarded, but nowhere near as retarded as calling a 6.0 a 350.

SPEAKING OF WHICH

Who is up for some junkyard trolling? I might make a scouting run this weekend if I have a chance. Likely Worcester, Cumberland, and Johnston. Might hit Blackstone too.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

kastein posted:

That's just loving retarded, especially since 6.0L is 366 cubic inches, not 350. That's not even close. Calling a 5.7 a 350 is retarded, but nowhere near as retarded as calling a 6.0 a 350.

SPEAKING OF WHICH

Who is up for some junkyard trolling? I might make a scouting run this weekend if I have a chance. Likely Worcester, Cumberland, and Johnston. Might hit Blackstone too.

Saturday, early, I'm available. Sunday is a no-go, got a combined birthday party for like 4 family members in CT to go to. :(

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

5328 cubic centimetres. So by German standards that's a 5.4 litre, right? :v:

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

It's more reliable than a german engine, that's for sure.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

MrChips posted:

5328 cubic centimetres. So by German standards that's a 5.4 litre, right? :v:

I had a 1.3 Panda, which was 1248cc.

The 1.2 was 1242cc.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

KozmoNaut posted:

The 1.2 was 1242cc.

See, that's justifiable to me since you have to differentiate between the two.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

KozmoNaut posted:

The 1.2 was 1242cc.

Any idea where I can get a 72CI badge?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

The bling aisle of your local auto parts store has all the letters and numbers :v:

sharkytm posted:

Saturday, early, I'm available. Sunday is a no-go, got a combined birthday party for like 4 family members in CT to go to. :(

I think the gate opens at 8. If I aim for 6-7, I might make it there for 8... doesn't matter what order the yards are in as far as I'm concerned, you wanna start closer and end up further from home or vise versa?

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Look, you dumbarses chose the imperial system, loving stick to it. Dont be all english and mix the two up just for shits and giggles....

I wonder how many people in the USA hear 6.0L and then spend the rest of the day trying to get their head around the concept of a "Litre"

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Ferremit posted:

Look, you dumbarses chose the imperial system, loving stick to it. Dont be all english and mix the two up just for shits and giggles....

I wonder how many people in the USA hear 6.0L and then spend the rest of the day trying to get their head around the concept of a "Litre"

Soda comes in 2L bottles, so I'd imagine it's not as foreign as you think. Just not preferred.

Plus, a liter is about a quart, right? :v:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Ferremit posted:

None.

Because we spell it "liter" :haw:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Raluek posted:

Soda comes in 2L bottles, so I'd imagine it's not as foreign as you think. Just not preferred.

Plus, a liter is about a quart, right? :v:

In Canada they're trying to megafuck us on the smaller bottles of pop by "metricating" them. So a bottle that used to be 20oz/591mL is now exactly 500mL, for the same price as before.

Dicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

kastein posted:

SPEAKING OF WHICH

Can you keep an eye out for MN12s? There are none to be found here in Texas.

• Locked thread