Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

stubblyhead posted:

I'm not exactly a sword genius or anything, but shouldn't his thumb be on the hilt side of the handle?

Dude's form is totally wrong anyway. A katana should be held with your hand at kind of a sharp angle on the hilt, almost like a fencing grip, and you keep two hands on it and twist in opposite directions to create tension for a straighter swing. It's a relatively fragile piece of metal (shears easily) with a very very very sharp edge for clean cuts, not a machete.

Funniest part of this picture is the obvious giant dork who is now assuming he's gonna have a chance to be asked for help and turn it down. Rorschach you ain't, buddy. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
So many traps sprung.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

New Leaf posted:

Pfft, look at this dweeb. Who the gently caress irons anymore? And chin scruff is hardcore as gently caress.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

anyone have the woodblock carving where the kid's like テープだよ ?

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

now quick, someone post someone's gun grip technique.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Goons immediately rushing to prove how very not nerdy they are :allears:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_6bmrqIsP8

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Dewgy posted:

Dude's form is totally wrong anyway. A katana should be held with your hand at kind of a sharp angle on the hilt, almost like a fencing grip, and you keep two hands on it and twist in opposite directions to create tension for a straighter swing. It's a relatively fragile piece of metal (shears easily) with a very very very sharp edge for clean cuts, not a machete.

Funniest part of this picture is the obvious giant dork who is now assuming he's gonna have a chance to be asked for help and turn it down. Rorschach you ain't, buddy. :allears:

No twisting. If you grip with just the thumb all of your fingers should be pointing in the same direction (towards the cutting edge), twisting makes your fingers point in opposite directions.

It's me, I'm the AUG. Wait, wrong thread.

Verisimilidude has a new favorite as of 21:56 on Feb 25, 2016

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I don't think any of us were trying to be not nerdy :nallears:

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Len posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMct1s_JwVo gotta love the Final Fantasy music spliced overtop.

My favorite part is when he drinks from the bottle he just cut in half. Very stylish.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Verisimilidude posted:

No twisting. If you grip with just the thumb all of your fingers should be pointing in the same direction (towards the cutting edge), twisting makes your fingers point in opposite directions.

Josh should just sleep with him and get it over with.

Also it's a scary future we will have to live in if containers of water all of a sudden become hostile. Thank goodness we have these warriors to stand between us and the source of all known life in the solar system.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

We call ourselves "goons" therefore we are the epitome of cool. :cool:

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Verisimilidude posted:

Samurai carried 3 swords all the time, they didn't seem to get murdered by their government :smug: that's why I carry 7 swords in my bathroom :smug: yeah my mirror is broken, involved an incident that required those crutches behind me for a month, maybe if I had that 8th sword it would never have happened :mmmsmug:

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

This man does good work.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I want to practice an art that unquestionably requires a fair amount of physical dexterity, and looks laughably stupid, and is not in any possible way practical outside of showing off to an audience of no one.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

[img] http://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lki0klweaC1qhpoh0o1_500.jpg [/img]

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

RyokoTK posted:

I want to practice an art that unquestionably requires a fair amount of physical dexterity, and looks laughably stupid, and is not in any possible way practical outside of showing off to an audience of no one.
Godspeed.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

RyokoTK posted:

Have you considered folk music?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Solice Kirsk posted:

Have you considered folk music?

Go all in.

Filk Music.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Go all in.

Filk Music.

I....there are no words.... This is an entirely new group of people for me to feel superior and smug about. What a big beautiful world filled with wonder we live in.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
While you shouted the n-word, I sheathed my s word

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Solice Kirsk posted:

I....there are no words.... This is an entirely new group of people for me to feel superior and smug about. What a big beautiful world filled with wonder we live in.

Yeah, she's pretty rugged
(Leslie Fish, apparently one of the vocalists)

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Yeah, she's pretty rugged
(Leslie Fish, apparently one of the vocalists)

I refuse to believe that's not just a very lost and confused Ozzy.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Magnus Praeda posted:

I refuse to believe that's not just a very lost and confused Ozzy.

I now want to see Ozzy performing filk music.

Then he bites the head off a... poo poo, I can't think of a punchline better than filk music.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Well, I just couldn't pass up such a great wallpaper opportunity.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

what the heck kind of monitor do you have?

*apparently im a weirdo for using a tv as a monitor for the past 10 years

im pooping! has a new favorite as of 02:36 on Feb 26, 2016

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

burexas.irom posted:

This rules.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

burexas.irom posted:

Gotta imagine any flower in that vase just wilts.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Teddybear posted:

Gotta imagine any flower in that vase just wilts.

It's a tinkle goblet, the classy version of a piss bottle.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

burexas.irom posted:

NECK!

BEARD!

NECKBEARD!!

John Liver
May 4, 2009

burexas.irom posted:

does that make me craaaaaaayzaaaaaaaay

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

burexas.irom posted:

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

:chanpop:

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Len posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMct1s_JwVo gotta love the Final Fantasy music spliced overtop.

I dunno about you guys but this looks pretty fun. If there was a place you could go to rent a katana I'd totally drop $20 and get hella nuts on some water bottles.

• Locked thread