Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Top'tha page!

It looks like we have quite a lot of $100 ballers. How big can we get the guild during the headstart time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
It's a thing.

Codekeeper
Feb 10, 2013

Innocence proves nothing.

LegalPad posted:

Top'tha page!

It looks like we have quite a lot of $100 ballers. How big can we get the guild during the headstart time?

Someone was supposed to be making a list. Maybe another straw pole is in order.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Tell me why I shoudn't blow a hundred bucks on this shitpile.

Kikilupo
Apr 3, 2005
Because you could use that money to buy a pizza or a delicious ice cream cake.

I will not be buying a pizza or delicious ice cream cake, because I blew 100 bucks on this shitpile.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is there going to be a big rear end land grab race at the beginning like in Archeage? I was unemployed when that game came out so I managed to get a primo spot on the first day, but I'm definitely not going to be able to do anything like that with BDO.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fadam posted:

Is there going to be a big rear end land grab race at the beginning like in Archeage? I was unemployed when that game came out so I managed to get a primo spot on the first day, but I'm definitely not going to be able to do anything like that with BDO.

no, housing is instanced

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Can I get a pair of beats with this logo on the side of them???

I gotta admit, knowing that pvp is going to be a big fuckfest and knowing that I will never want or be actually able to keep up is freeing. This might actually be an enjoyable MMO experience because I'll be freed from the reins of optimal play to jack off all over this arcanely complex world. If I get poo poo on in PvP and it's by a +20 ranger with some sort of psychological complex he earned it imo.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
There may be a land grab with farming, but it doesn't look like it is going to be a huge issue

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
Preorder ends in 6 hours :getin:
https://www.blackdesertonline.com/preorder/

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
do you nerds wanna play with the server with pvpers or the rpers

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?

ioneye posted:

do you nerds wanna play with the server with pvpers or the rpers

rpers so we can fit in

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I rp as a pvper

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Eonwe posted:

no, housing is instanced

Hot dog! I'm in.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Third World Reggin posted:

There may be a land grab with farming, but it doesn't look like it is going to be a huge issue

You can pretty much plant down a garden anywhere, though certain areas have a higher groundwater content so they might be more crowded.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Kerrrrrrr posted:

You can pretty much plant down a garden anywhere, though certain areas have a higher groundwater content so they might be more crowded.

ground water goes away and comes with the rain

It doesn't last very long

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

You can plant a farm directly on top of another player's farm. Your farm will phase in and theirs will phase out when you gear close enough.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

holy poo poo

Taran
Nov 2, 2002

What? I don't get to yell "I'LL FINISH THIS" anymore?

Grimey Drawer

LegalPad posted:

You can plant a farm directly on top of another player's farm. Your farm will phase in and theirs will phase out when you gear close enough.

I was ready to completely ignore the farming minigame until you said this.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
Pewdiepie is plugging the game so there should be plenty of angsty teens to kill in pvp.

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012
Put me down as another with more money than sense. Are we going to be living out of bandit town?

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

AppliedPhilosophy posted:

Put me down as another with more money than sense. Are we going to be living out of bandit town?

Isn't in the game yet.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

LegalPad posted:

Oh good! I was worried about farm space wars. I'm gonna be a hobo wizard farmin' corn.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Most of the English guides going around are just broad strokes from NA CBT1& CBT2, so there's still quite a lot of details to discover in the game. This is doubly true for the side-activity skills.
I'm really looking forward to screwing around with crafting and stuff at launch.

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

LegalPad posted:

I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed with their instancing technology. The pop-in everywhere might look a little silly, but the seamless transitions are pretty neat.

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here
Found this on Reddit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft-PNpCNf4k

I personally had 5-10 tips (because I haven't played the game just watched a tonne of content) so it felt really helpful.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Is the $50 pack worth it if I'm upgrading from the $30 pack? I think I might want the pet.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Is the $50 pack worth it if I'm upgrading from the $30 pack? I think I might want the pet.

$20 for a cat?

BARGAIN

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I know it's a bad purchase but I'm thinking I might want to slit my wrists from doing all this looting considering how fast this poo poo dies.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I know it's a bad purchase but I'm thinking I might want to slit my wrists from doing all this looting considering how fast this poo poo dies.

Well i bought the $100 pack for the headstart so i'm no bastion of wisdom but the $50 pack for the pet is only worthwhile if you want the other poo poo in it because for the $20 upgrade price you could buy 2 pets on the store? ( i think they are 900 pearls each)

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

ohsosad posted:

Well i bought the $100 pack for the headstart so i'm no bastion of wisdom but the $50 pack for the pet is only worthwhile if you want the other poo poo in it because for the $20 upgrade price you could buy 2 pets on the store? ( i think they are 900 pearls each)

The only other thing that stands out is the horse and dye boxes (both of which aren't really important I don't think)

I think I'll just cough up the $10 for the pet if it really bothers me in game.

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

quote:

By default you have the ability to whistle for your horse to come to you as horses stay wherever you leave them, but the range of this whistle is very short. The horse whistle increases the effective range of this ability dramatically. Do not quote me on this but I believe the effective range of the horse whistle (in KR) was about ~1500m, where as the default whistle is probably ~50m.

The reason I upgraded to $50 is because by the looks of things, a lot of the items in it are almost a requirement to play. I would rather pay $20 now for the Horse Whistle, a Pet, the respect tokens and character slots than find out later on that I in fact NEED the whistle and the pets just to make the game fun. The slots, the tokens, the horse are all just bonuses to me. It feels like anyone who's going to actually give this game a shot will need to eventually get the maximum pets and all these quality of life things anyhow.

johnsonrod
Oct 25, 2004

I convinced myself to upgrade to the second package and now I find out the preorder is over.

What have I done???

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

johnsonrod posted:

I convinced myself to upgrade to the second package and now I find out the preorder is over.

What have I done???

Saved yourself $20

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

ohsosad posted:

Saved yourself $20

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Septimus posted:

So here's what the ghille armor looks like to other players:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbiZ4vmdHRI

lol, just lol

I was like 99% sure I wasn't going to play this game.

After seeing this I'm 99% sure I will be. Holy poo poo this owns.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

LegalPad posted:

Top'tha page!

depends on how many guild missions people are willing to do with their $100 investment

the starting size of the guild is 15 and we've got about 30 so far who are in the 96 hour headstart, so I can't invite everyone first day until we've done 2 or 3 guild missions

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Pre-orders have closed, so if you didn't order the $100 pack before now, you no longer have the option. Congratulations, lucky savers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

lewtt posted:

depends on how many guild missions people are willing to do with their $100 investment

the starting size of the guild is 15 and we've got about 30 so far who are in the 96 hour headstart, so I can't invite everyone first day until we've done 2 or 3 guild missions

Would it be worth having two guilds for a while until guild size grows enough? I'm imagining the $50 start people (like myself) there wont be space in the main guild