Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

He shouldn't have announced it though. Now all the salty rear end bitchmade ragequitters will just change their registration name :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Okita posted:

I'm having a hard time telling if Momochi is actually hit confirming Ken's b.MP alone or if he just knows it's going to hit in certain situations.

He does it a couple of times in round 1, but here's the one I was looking at(happens at 1:05):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6-NB5MgJKk&t=63s

It looks like he might be punishing the chun dash after the blocked kikoken. Does he just know that it often comes after the kikoken so he pre-emptively throws out the b.MP and confirms the dash + b.MP together?

The chun dash is 15F, the b.MP is 21F from start to finish. I could see him confirming those two together, but if he's confirming the b.MP alone, jesus christ that's inhuman.

The addition of hitstop adds frames where he could confirm and tag on the target combo in situations where he's already expecting it to hit.

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

teagone posted:

He shouldn't have announced it though. Now all the salty rear end bitchmade ragequitters will just change their registration name :(

He already said it was a troll/joke.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I had trouble with laura fireballs until I found you can just kick her in her stupid face, even if it looks like the fireball is already out.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Fayk posted:

He already said it was a troll/joke.

Aww. That sucks.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Does anyone want to play and help me pick a character? I feel like I'm not doing Bison any justice.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

KidDynamite posted:

Does anyone want to play and help me pick a character? I feel like I'm not doing Bison any justice.

I have a little time. Are you on Steam or PS4? Send me a fight request, my CFID is srchsm.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

KidDynamite posted:

just pick chun li

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Man, i can tell when I'm making incremental progress on combos but I feel like I'm going nowhere with the instant air legs. The motion feels so spastic and imprecise that I don't think I'm repeating any one motion yet. I'll try 30 times and get 2-3 in a row from the left, nothing from the right.

[Guy complaining about execution in the game for street babbies]

Don't feel bad man, I hve endless practice doing TK motions with viper in 4 and have no problem doing it in a match perfectly over and over and for whatever reason this is way more difficult to get consistently. I recommend just doing UF, [wait a MICROSTEP of time], QCF+mk doubletap timed loosely. People say it makes it harder to get the lowest possible timing right but i'd rather mess up and get my lightning legs out a few frames higher in the jump than have it not come out at all and just jump over someone throwing out a MK and get punished like an idiot, and i dont think the timing is that much harder it'll just come eventually to where the margin of error is really low

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Sarchasm posted:

I have a little time. Are you on Steam or PS4? Send me a fight request, my CFID is srchsm.

Thanks for the games!

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

KidDynamite posted:

You're not bad at all. Just try to work in Bison's HK/throw mixup game into your footsies game, and don't be afraid to dash in after a couple successful counterpokes.

Sorry I can't play longer!

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

strangemusic posted:

So many ragequitters.... it's a farce in Ranked.

This is the first time it has ever actually bugged me in a fighting game. I just want the loving cheev in getting gold, but I will never get there when the majority of the people pull the plug on me when I win, and I lose like 100 points for every loss arrghhh :argh:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Does anyone have any tips for reliably dashing using a stick? I'm holding the ball top between my thumb and forefinger but I can't double-tap it fast enough to register a dash most of the time.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Sarchasm posted:

You're not bad at all. Just try to work in Bison's HK/throw mixup game into your footsies game, and don't be afraid to dash in after a couple successful counterpokes.

Sorry I can't play longer!

Thanks man! I feel like I'm not being aggressive enough or missing big damage but I guess that execution will come with time. I miss SF4 HK so much. Playing you I feel like I played much better than I do in ranked. Thanks for the games again.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Does anyone have any tips for reliably dashing using a stick? I'm holding the ball top between my thumb and forefinger but I can't double-tap it fast enough to register a dash most of the time.

Try using your middle finger to dash right and your thumb to dash left.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Lemon Curdistan posted:

My tip is to try using a different grip. If it works for you it works I guess, but that sounds like a really awkward way to hold the thing.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
you just need to keep practicing...your muscle memory will eventually learn how to do it regardless of what grip you are using

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
it feels good to destroy bronze players online and i look forward to the grind this weekend.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I cant take it I literally cant I made it to 48 in hard mode.

:negative:

Why doesnt vega have any cheese moves like ken?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcLyvS1OBTM

fnox
May 19, 2013

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Put more wrist into the motion, try to make it exactly two hits as consistently as possible. It takes time.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
New tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XufFZHUaKIU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

You have no idea how helpful this is.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Okita posted:

I'm having a hard time telling if Momochi is actually hit confirming Ken's b.MP alone or if he just knows it's going to hit in certain situations.
but if he's confirming the b.MP alone, jesus christ that's inhuman.

Ken b+MP is really easy to confirm into target combo, the cancel window is extremely big. If you just put the dummy on random block you should be able to do it.

The timestamp you're talking about he's probably just throwing it out and buffering into fierce after blocking kikoken because Chuns love dashing in.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

You should probably cover the guren variations as well since they are all punishable.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

She can also just do nothing after overhead, which is unsafe, but you're not going to punish it if you just sit there crouch blocking. The universal response you can do is a fast (4f) crouching normal cancelled into something. Ken for example can block the overhead punch then do cr.LP cancelled into fierce DP. If she does nothing, you punish with cr.LP into fierce DP. If she does slide, you interrupt the slide with cr.LP into fierce DP. If she does the grab you whiff cr.LP then the DP autocorrects and hits her on the other side.

Obviously not every character is going to have something as good as that, but it's good to know basically everybody can just mash cr.LP and avoid all 3 options.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

I never played SF 4 but I guess that didn't allow rage quitting without getting a loss. Somehow it's possible on SF V which means that Capcom is pants on head retarded and the real rage quitters in spirit.

Okita
Aug 31, 2004
King of toilets.

Microwaves Mom posted:

I cant take it I literally cant I made it to 48 in hard mode.

:negative:

Why doesnt vega have any cheese moves like ken?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcLyvS1OBTM

I can't believe that works, but I also can't be assed to spend an hour spamming DP

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Ken b+MP is really easy to confirm into target combo, the cancel window is extremely big. If you just put the dummy on random block you should be able to do it.

The timestamp you're talking about he's probably just throwing it out and buffering into fierce after blocking kikoken because Chuns love dashing in.

Yeah I spent a while with it in training mode on random block, couldn't get it consistent. Maybe I'm getting old or just need to spend more time on it. The hitstun slowdown thing I didn't know about, the frame spreadsheet I have doesn't have that data, any other reliable sources?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Is SF5 half Ken and Ryu players who spam hadouken and shiryuken?

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Today I learned:

-you can win matches by being patient and low kicking to make distance.
-test a risky move once or twice, and if your opponent manages to stop/counter it successfully, move on to something else.
-mashing throw when in distance is usually a good response unless your opponent starts countering it.
-I lose a lot of jump jousts, and I realized that different attacks mid jump can hard counter other attacks mid jump.
-if your opponent is losing to a particular tactic, keep using it until it stops working.
-don't let your opponent make you play their game. Have a game plan and stick with it.

Today I went up 500 league points and two ranks!

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
While I don't think this game is bad ( oh but its definitely unfinished as gently caress), i feel like i havent had much reason to play it.

As bad as amane is he's more interesting to play than most of the characters here, too bad BBS basically dead atm (also lol at like maybe having 2 advantageous matchups, I don't know when but bang became so bad for him that you literally can't use any kind of oki, well besides one, on bang who already out mixes you up by the virtue of actually have an overhead) Everyone besides bison in this game feels not quite finished to me.

Why hasn't capcom added music selection in all these years by the way?

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Feb 26, 2016

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Couple things to add:
Her overhead thing is actually two hits at anything other than absolute max range, and the game is totally content to switch you from standing to crouching block between those two hits.
Like the other guy said, her third option is to not do a followup at all, at which time she'll probably throw or throw a fast normal. But she's at best -4 if you block it.
If it's a long range attempt you can probably just punch it out of the air, too.

The Gurens are pretty straightforward, the only completely safe one is the backdash, and the only one that isn't punishable on block is the down+p if they don't try to do the fourth, crossup hit. But if you think they're doing down+p you can do basically whatever you want before the third hit even gets to you because there's a massive window between hits 2 and 3.

jasoneatspizza
Jul 6, 2010
What's a basic gameplan for r mika? BnB combos, what to do at neutral, and what to do after you knock someone down. Trying to look up info about her, but what I find is too much to take in. I just want a few simple things I can practice and apply to real matches.

fnox
May 19, 2013

People are finding a fuckton of OS, I'm already seeing a version of a crouch tech and some straight up Chun-li bullshit that techs, c.lp > c.lk on hit and activates V-Trigger on whiff.

https://twitter.com/inoVSVSVSVSVSVS/status/702685216268091392

Wasn't Capcom getting rid of poo poo like OS and kara moves lol?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Any Florida Goons here? We have a scene in Winter Haven and I'll buy you a beer make it out here.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

fnox posted:

You'll never get rid of option selects and the more mechanics you add into a game the more prevalent they will be. All they did was shift stuff around to limit the "big offenders" from SF4 (throw whiff on crouch tech, no invin backdash, less hard knockdowns to limit meaty/safejump pressure). They will maybe do some stuff to attempt to get rid of some of them but to be honest the consequences of the solution to most option selects are often messier than the consequence of the option select.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Huh, just figured out you can actually choose the side you want to land on after vegas throw from ex walldive. Right before the throw, just hold the opposite direction of the one you want to be on and boom. Might be old but news to me.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

i dedicate this one to you, fereydun

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Does anyone have any theories on the next wave of characters? I would assume that they would bring back Viper after getting her for story mode but who knows.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

They're going to have to bring in someone from SF4. Maybe Akuma will make it in and he becomes Oni during vtrigger. Let's do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

fnox posted:

Option selects are just a result of the way the game works. If you press buttons while your character is busy doing something else, nothing happens.

The only way they could completely get rid of option selects is to have some grossly huge input buffer for everything you press and that would probably be bad and not go over well.