Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

maxed out on the VA market at 77 per share yesterday. :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Adar posted:

I'm betting Trump in Texas up to 40% or so on the theory that there should be some really good flipping opportunities once he starts crushing out east.

It's down to 28 and I'm mad i didnt wait longer before doing the same.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Peachstapler posted:

Debate events tonight may cause some instability so keep an eye on it.

I'm slightly tempted to try and offload prior to the debate, stream, and try to capitalize on any fluctuation and get back in at a lower rate if Trump says something incredibly stupid

unfortunately I'm afraid that even with a stellar performance by Rubio the vast majority of Trump supporters won't be swayed away. At this point the only thing that I'd imagine would derail Trump would be a return to his pre-leader "block all muslims from coming into the country" statements

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

I'm slightly tempted to try and offload prior to the debate, stream, and try to capitalize on any fluctuation and get back in at a lower rate if Trump says something incredibly stupid

unfortunately I'm afraid that even with a stellar performance by Rubio the vast majority of Trump supporters won't be swayed away. At this point the only thing that I'd imagine would derail Trump would be a return to his pre-leader "block all muslims from coming into the country" statements
Support may not migrate from Trump enough to change things long-term but the market could react to a Rubio windmill dunk on Trump at the debate. So if you (or anyone else holding shares) remembers the "nuclear triad" flub, Rubio could've capitalized on Trump's ignorance there but didn't ---- if that happens tonight it'll be a different outcome.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Post ur Super Tuesday markets GO

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Plus two bucks in Cruz for TX YES at .57.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

FWIW, my Texas tea leaves: Texas has one of the better early vote periods of any primary. As of yesterday, 667k had voted, just by eyeballing the county counts, a far greater amount on the R side. 2012 was really late so not a good comparison. Compared to 2008, D turnout is way, way, way down. R turnout is way up, more than 200% up. This along with it being an open primary should benefit Trump, if higher turnout is better for Trump. Also, since such a large amount of votes have already been cast, any late movement by Rubio or effect from TV spending(primarily Rubio, so far) or the debate will be downplayed a bit. As a smaller side note, there was a week of voting with Jeb Bush still in the race, also.

I think Cruz is more likely to win but Trump has a really good chance. Really skeptical Rubio can do well in Texas. Trump is hovering around 28-30 on predictit in Texas, I think that is a decent buy.

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

:stare:

You don't gently caress around eh?

I've only got COCAUCUS16.DEM Clinton YES and TXPRMRY16.GOP Cruz YES. Waiting for my SCPRMRY16.GOP.2ND Rubio YES to pay out.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
What do you guys think about Trump's chances in Oklahoma?

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

So I'm looking at the republican VP market, and I'm seeing Fiorina being a gold mine. She made a pretty good effort to cozy up to Trump during the early primary, and I could see him doing an egotistic "business people who get things done" ticket rather than the conventional wisdom of token minority to shore up swing states. Of course this goes up in flames if there's a rat loving but I don't see it being plausible.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
I think basically all the Trump markets are overvalued now. But I'm not going to place a bet on them, because Never Bet Against Trump.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Concerned Citizen posted:

I think basically all the Trump markets are overvalued now. But I'm not going to place a bet on them, because Never Bet Against Trump.

This. The returns right now are really tiny, but if I had millions to toss around I'd definitely go in on them.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

FourLeaf posted:

What do you guys think about Trump's chances in Oklahoma?

He's still a good buy. I've lived there for a while and they won't break with Texas. Oklahoma is about as racist rear end in a top hat as it gets. I'd be buying anything below 85 if nothing more lucrative is around.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

deathbysnusnu posted:

He's still a good buy. I've lived there for a while and they won't break with Texas. Oklahoma is about as racist rear end in a top hat as it gets. I'd be buying anything below 85 if nothing more lucrative is around.

If they won't break with Texas, doesn't that mean Cruz is their insane man?

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

As in break in the same direction. Poor wording.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

If someone asked me to name one state that would be most likely to vote along with Texas on any given Thing, it would be Oklahoma.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Texas is relatively diverse with large cities, a home town candidate, and a large Hispanic population. I'd say Cruz takes as long as he doesn't poo poo the bed especially given the early vote advantage.

Oklahoma is basically Utah minus the Mormons, education, and charm. Also they hate Texas basically because football. The politics there are almost entirely hating the other. Donald plays perfectly into its proud history of sharia law bans, Muslims banned from gun stores, and homophobia.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

while everyone is tuned to the debate, new poll with hillary up 5 in MA. 50/50 on the market right now.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Man, how did I miss Sandoval being added to the Supreme Court Nominee list? I could have locked in some nice profit on that.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Gyges posted:

Man, how did I miss Sandoval being added to the Supreme Court Nominee list? I could have locked in some nice profit on that.

I put in an order at 50c on No and someone actually bought 50 yes. Flipped 30 min later :cool:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
What would be nice is if contracts with shitloads of options defaulted to being expanded all the way instead of you having to click to expand. Are that many people really in a rush to get to the ever so helpful comments?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
The debates going poorly for the donald, might be a good chance to scoop up the last cheap Trump RNOM.YES shares.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

JosefStalinator posted:

The debates going poorly for the donald, might be a good chance to scoop up the last cheap Trump RNOM.YES shares.

Yeah, Trump's bleeding to Rubio (a little bit) so if you don't think the debate matters...

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Did they bring up that guy's name who was in the predictit debate question?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

a cop posted:

Did they bring up that guy's name who was in the predictit debate question?

Nope. Some dude max bet YES, too. PredictIt be crazy.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

pathetic little tramp posted:

Nope. Some dude max bet YES, too. PredictIt be crazy.

Hell yeah. Buy no strat works out.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

i didn't get back in time to sell some of my debate shares.

i wound up betting against trump. i am fortune's fool!

Here's hoping to making it up on Super Tuesday...

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You
My roommate made $190 on the Trump talk time market. I'm very jealous.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
After that performance I'm no longer sure if Trump will get Oklahoma or Minnesota. Definitely not Texas.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
doubled down on trump in VA by snatching up another 200 Rubio NOs.

it blows my mind that both Rubio and Cruz (mostly Rubio) allow Trump to dictate the conversation so much.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Any thoughts on Puerto Rico? New market is up:

https://www.predictit.org/Market/1918/Who-will-win-the-Puerto-Rico-Republican-primary

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

It is the only primary that Rubio is currently leading.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Rubio is a Cuban who feels PR should go bankrupt. I think he's inflated.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Trump won the debate by far, the only thing that stuck seems to be trump burning Cruz on the Hillary beating thing.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Vox Nihili posted:

It is the only primary that Rubio is currently leading.

I don’t know why. I don’t think there’s been any polling done.

When in doubt, bet on Trump. It’s served me well so far.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Aliquid posted:

Rubio is a Cuban who feels PR should go bankrupt. I think he's inflated.

Given the other choices, he's probably the best of the lot for them. Unless they suddenly catch the boundless enthusiasm of Carson.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Gyges posted:

Given the other choices, he's probably the best of the lot for them. Unless they suddenly catch the boundless enthusiasm of Carson.

I wouldn’t put it past Carson to fly down there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Platystemon posted:

I wouldn’t put it past Carson to fly down there.

Good news for Carson gambles, you can buy over 1 thousand shares for just a penny each.

• Locked thread