Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Front end something something

Bonus content: past rides

There's a few more I can't find photos of w/e.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

front

thideras
Oct 27, 2010

Fuck you, I'm a tree.
Fun Shoe
more front. Front bumper is scuffed up pretty bad thanks to the PO, and I'd like to get the license plate holes filled.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Pardon the mess, still trying to put it back together three years later.

And old cars just for the heck of it.

Frozen Pizza Party fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 26, 2016

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

SaNChEzZ posted:

And old cars just for the heck of it.

You already got rid of the ('15) wrx?

dema
Aug 13, 2006

From Sunday. Can't remember if it was a three or four beer job.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Are we still doing front ends?

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.

dema posted:

Can't remember

Clearly that means the answer is much higher than 4.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
The best.

Jay-Zeus
Jan 5, 2004
I don't believe it!
Fun Shoe

Unaccounted posted:

Guess I'll pause my usual lurking.

Grocery getter in its natural(?) habitat

Are those GXP wheels?

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Geology posted:

You already got rid of the ('15) wrx?

*and current cars, got a little carried away I suppose. ('16, but it's basically the same thing)

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Raluek posted:

Are we still doing front ends?

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i like prior car pic dump trend that i may have started. it's really interesting and revealing (especially if in chronological order) to see some of the diversity as well as to see what led up to what you currently drive...keep them coming

thats an A+ right there friend, so perfect.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Mariana Horchata posted:

i like prior car pic dump trend that i may have started. it's really interesting and revealing (especially if in chronological order) to see some of the diversity as well as to see what led up to what you currently drive...keep them coming
I am full of diversity.

Cage posted:

Oh are we posting all the exotic cars that we've owned?

First car Ive owned, mid 90s oldsmobile:

Second car Ive owned, mid 90s oldsmobile:

Third car Ive owned, mid 90s oldsmobile:

Fourth car Ive owned, mid 90s oldsmobile:

Fifth car I own now, ford mustang:

I too am living the high life.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Cage posted:

I am full of diversity.

:stare:

We're you a fan of Fargo or something?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Pop-up headlights are the once and future king.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

1500quidporsche posted:

:stare:

We're you a fan of Fargo or something?
It just...happened somehow. I never had more than 2k to spend on a car back then and a cheap one always popped up when the last one died.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Cage posted:

I am full of diversity.

did #4 have the 3.4 DOHC V6? those engines were kinda badass for their time and place (compared to say the 3800 V6 from the same era) ...but from what i can remember a total night terror to do anything under the hood. my younger brother inherited a relative's Cutless Supreme coupe same style as yours mint shape with some bright super 90s Oldsmobile turquoise color which ended up briefly being his first car but ended up selling it not longer after he found out how much it would cost to deal with the overdue timing belt job.

Then he somehow ended up finding a '79 Datsun 280ZX 2+2 (pictured earlier next to my SE-R) in the local paper classifieds and bought it on the spot. that thing was slow and handled awfully, but it did have 5 speed stick and a fuel injected straight six that sounded great so it was actually wicked fun at the time and a drat cool car to show up to the high school parking lot in (maybe a step below a 5.0 foxbody Mustang in the high school car hierarchy). I also thought it looked cool but some/many would disagree (whatever).

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Feb 26, 2016

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

kimbo305 posted:

:respek:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Cage posted:

It just...happened somehow. I never had more than 2k to spend on a car back then and a cheap one always popped up when the last one died.

I wish I had that kind of brand dedication. It would make my life so much easier. instead I went the schizophrenic route, which produces some interesting results when you refuse to pay more than $2k for a car.

First car, 1989 Ford Taurus (actually had to dig to find a picture of this thing and this was the only one I got)/sold:

Second car, 1994 Subaru SVX/sold:

1984 VW Scirocco, aka the car that actually got me interested in wrenching and cars in general:

1986 GMC Safari:

And the current project 1986 Mazda RX7:

I also own this thing although its technically not a car, I paid more than $2k for it and it is literally the least reliable thing with an engine I've ever owned.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

Yeah, it's got four doors; so what? ;)

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Mariana Horchata posted:

needs some euro knock off headlights. I had some cheapo DEPO ones on my '91 190E and they made a huge difference in both the look of the front end and being able to actually see at night.

i only drive it when my e28 is sidelined for whatever reason so I haven't spent a lot of time on cosmetic appearances.

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST
In order of ownership:

My first car, 2002 Focus, ballin as gently caress.

my 2002 poo poo-stang. seat ended up dropping through the rusty rear end floorpan on the highway.

my 93 ZJ, 5.2. First and only Jeep (if you could call it that)

1992 Celica GT I bought with the intention of doing a 3S-GTE swap. Ended up becoming a parts car.

2003 Corolla. Bought this in 2012. Still my daily driver. Only lost one engine so far :golfclap:

2002 F-250 7.3L. Babbys first diesel, and biggest basket-case. Rusty as a fuckin' anchor. Hopefully to become daily-driver this year.

Most recent acquisition: 1991 Celica All-Trac. Currently in storage for winter. Set to become summer daily/maybe sometimes race car.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Mariana Horchata posted:

did #4 have the 3.4 DOHC V6? those engines were kinda badass for their time and place (compared to say the 3800 V6 from the same era) ...but from what i can remember a total night terror to do anything under the hood. my younger brother inherited a relative's Cutless Supreme coupe same style as yours mint shape with some bright super 90s Oldsmobile turquoise color which ended up briefly being his first car but ended up selling it not longer after he found out how much it would cost to deal with the overdue timing belt job.
Yeah it did, 215hp of fury. It had a lot of pickup for an oldsmobile.

Luckily in the 3 years I've owned it I didnt have to touch the engine at all. Sold it when it started to get a hole in the muffler and the power steering went. I regret selling that car though, I wish I would've kept it as a winter vehicle. At the time I needed new tires for the mustang though so I sold it.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

kimbo305 posted:

:hfive: pop-up headlights are the best headlights. Tried to copy this real quick on the way out this morning with the 928 but it turned out looking like poo poo, will give it another shot this weekend.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Raluek posted:

Yeah, it's got four doors; so what? ;)

:):hf::)

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
I enjoy four doors.

Unaccounted
Jul 13, 2007

Jay-Zeus posted:

Are those GXP wheels?
Nah. They're just some inexpensive 18 x 9 wheels that also happen to be lighter and the split 5-spoke design I love.

deeter
Oct 21, 2005

Senior Funkenstien posted:

New thing in the driveway!

2011 Ford Ranger with 51k miles.

I've had an '05 for about five years now and it's been one of the most reliable vehicles I've ever owned. I think, aside from maintenance, all I've had to do is replace the alternator and sway bar end links.

Between being so reliable and, honestly, a bit boring, it seemed like a reasonable idea to go and pick up an '03 XJR R1. It's a bit of a piece, as the previous owner didn't maintain it very well, but the price was right. And now I've got a project that's neither boring nor reliable.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Spends most of its time parked on the street collecting scrapes and dents

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

deeter posted:

I've had an '05 for about five years now and it's been one of the most reliable vehicles I've ever owned. I think, aside from maintenance, all I've had to do is replace the alternator and sway bar end links.

125k miles, gifted from my dad the original owner at 54k, all I've ever done to my '00 2.5L Ranger is semi-annual oil changes, alternator, and one set of tires after the sidewalls rotted and not worn tread. I neglect it to an embarrassing extent but you could still eat off the engine, it is bafflingly clean. Super overbuilt truck for my use pattern which is every 6 weeks I drive it to pick something up or drop something off, or maybe tow a motorcycle.

There isn't much that *can* go wrong though. It's the fleet trim with two options: auto and long box. No AC or power windows. It didn't even come with a radio or carpet.

clutchpuck fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Feb 27, 2016

Elwood P. Dowd
Oct 13, 2005

Jimmy Stewart would approve
We're doin' front ends?

gently caress

I mean

Woops, hosed it up again.

Here we go:

That's better.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

jhcain
Nov 8, 2005

EXCEEDING THE LIMIT? I'LL RUN YOUR ASS OFF THE ROAD 'CUZ I'M A PASSIVE-AGRESSIVE SPHINCTER-SUCKER. I FEEL INADEQUATE AS A MAN.
Front!

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
No full frontal.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Where'd all this classic muscle come from? I love it.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

clutchpuck posted:

125k miles, gifted from my dad the original owner at 54k, all I've ever done to my '00 2.5L Ranger is semi-annual oil changes, alternator, and one set of tires after the sidewalls rotted and not worn tread. I neglect it to an embarrassing extent but you could still eat off the engine, it is bafflingly clean. Super overbuilt truck for my use pattern which is every 6 weeks I drive it to pick something up or drop something off, or maybe tow a motorcycle.

There isn't much that *can* go wrong though. It's the fleet trim with two options: auto and long box. No AC or power windows. It didn't even come with a radio or carpet.

I loving loved my Ranger. Click the link under my avatar if you want to see it. Warning :nms:

This is the best truck. I had A/C but it's pretty much useless. Just get some ventshades and call it a day.
gently caress power windows and locks.
Alternators are a pretty regular thing for that. I wound up going with a huge alt and underdrive pulley + an Optima yellow top.

If you want... I could let you have my stereo, sub and amps real cheap. That truck deserves a sound system.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Nidhg00670000 posted:

No full frontal.

I'm definitely gonna need some more of this, drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005

deeter posted:

Between being so reliable and, honestly, a bit boring, it seemed like a reasonable idea to go and pick up an '03 XJR R1. It's a bit of a piece, as the previous owner didn't maintain it very well, but the price was right. And now I've got a project that's neither boring nor reliable.

XJRs are awesome! Hope you love it.