Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
really hope they don't fix the mew glitch in yellow, cuz i kinda wanna buy a gen 1 game if they can be transferred

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Cuckoo posted:

That's a good point.

I know these are virtual bits and bytes and not real things but I will be legit sad if the monsters who have followed me from all the way back from Gen III have to be left behind. :(

I doubt they'd go too far given how successful Pokebank has been. If they did make them incompatible, it'd be like a month before the set up a patch or a transfer program to the new system.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

hopeandjoy posted:

Yes. And you can transfer mons from Gen 1 to it through Bank. Not to Gen 6 though.

if this is the actual case i'm going to be extremely mad

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

that ivy guy posted:

if this is the actual case i'm going to be extremely mad

the Pokemon website posted:

Using Pokémon Bank, you'll be able to transfer Pokémon you've caught in the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console versions of Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow into your copy of Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon. Pokémon from Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, and Pokémon Y can also be brought into Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon in the same way.

Source

More details here, specifying not to Gen 6 as well.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I cannot wait to bring back my first Pokemon ever, the grammatically correctly nicknamed Venusaur, because 10 year old me was a grammar Nazi and didn't like POKEMON NAMES in ALL CAPS.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

new peacock pokemon

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Jarogue posted:

Sad that Softboiled Clefable was a gen 1 remake thing.

Why? You could just transfer it from Emerald or FRLG all the way up to today's games if you wanted to, it's not stuck in there.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That looks far more like a woodpecker than a peacock. In fact it doesn't look like a peacock at all.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

I can't believe anyone seriously thought that pokemon already stored in the Bank wouldn't be able to go to Sun/Moon. The perpetual forward compatibility is one of the primary selling points of Pokemon Bank.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Any idea what real-world area this is based off of

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

less laughter posted:

Why? You could just transfer it from Emerald or FRLG all the way up to today's games if you wanted to, it's not stuck in there.

Easier access since I would have to pull out 3 systems, 4 games the other way and be force to play 2 mini games the other way..

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Countblanc posted:

Spain

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Countblanc posted:

I see palm trees, so likely somewhere tropical.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

That looks far more like a woodpecker than a peacock. In fact it doesn't look like a peacock at all.

Never known a woodpecker to extend a tail upwards or have a elongated neck.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

hopeandjoy posted:

The same games, with minor tweaks. (purple Jynx, surfing Pikachu minigame unlocked, printing disabled.)

wait what? purple jynx and surfing pikachu?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Cuckoo posted:

That's a good point.

I know these are virtual bits and bytes and not real things but I will be legit sad if the monsters who have followed me from all the way back from Gen III have to be left behind. :(

There is no way in hell they're going to overhaul things so that Gen 6 pokemon cannot be brought over, don't worry.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

mabels big day posted:

Jynx originally had black skin which made it look like a racist stereotype. They changed it to purple later to minimize that.

A special event in Yellow had Pikachu that could use Surf (on a surfboard) and Fly (with balloons).

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

mabels big day posted:

If you're playing Yellow, you can access the Surfing Pikachu minigame without a Pikachu that knows Surf. They also hastily recolored Jynx from black to purple.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Sun is up for pre order and has prime discount on Amazon, you solar flare lover.

http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Sun-N...7d0107522e08231

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Feb 26, 2016

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

I refuse to play this new RBY game because black Jynx was not racist at all and furthermore,

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Jarogue posted:

Sun is up for pre order and has prime discount, you solar flare lover.

http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Sun-N...7d0107522e08231

You can now buy Pokemon games before they're even finished, technology is incredible!

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Cuckoo posted:

Oh lord Poliwrath is going to get that Mind Reader bullshit too? Gen 7 metagaming is going to be christened the Rise of Skarmory.

uuh yeah def

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Jarogue posted:

Maybe it starts off like a woodpecker then evolves into something like a peacock. That's most bird pokemon's MO after all. I mean we had a pigeon that evolved into a pheasant and a sparrow that evolved from a cardinal to a falcon. It's probably both honestly. I seriously hope we get a ghost fighting type. that would be glorious.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Jarogue posted:

Neither of those apply to the design shown there. It's also shown on another angle in the video.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Ruggington posted:

uuh yeah def

There's no way the one hit KO exception moves are going to be allowed in any form of tiered play but you'd better watch your rear end in free WiFi. Probably like how if you want to be serious at all you need to counter the banned megas somehow.

What moves does Skarmory learn that can own them both? One way to kill time would be to breed a perfect counter for both Machamp and Poliwrath.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Geostomp posted:

A special event in Yellow had Pikachu that could use Surf (on a surfboard) and Fly (with balloons).

The Fly part is false

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Countblanc posted:

spain or portugal is where i would hedge my bets but a pokemon caribbean adventure would be nice

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Blaze Dragon posted:

Neither of those apply to the design shown there. It's also shown on another angle in the video.

If it is a woodpecker Pokemon I hope they give it a ridiculously long spear gun tongue like the ones real woodpeckers have:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGNliAwUQKs

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Jarogue posted:

Its raising its wings, not its tail.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

spain or portugal is where i would hedge my bets but a pokemon caribbean adventure would be nice

Hoenn is already considered Pokemon's most "tropical zone" so I doubt they'd do it twice in a row.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Cuckoo posted:

I refuse to play this new RBY game because black Jynx was not racist at all and furthermore,

This.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

If so, I hope they learned their lesson from Hoenn's endless water routes. I don't want to spend hours bumping into this game's Tentacool-analogue.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

does the "enhanced color" mean no more monochrome towns? that sucks

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Oh, I thought the point in the back was its tail and that the line under its beak was a neck. Then yeah gently caress the peacock idea.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

that ivy guy posted:

This and the Jynx face thing ruins the artistic integrity of the original games.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

that ivy guy posted:

Only Yellow is in color, Red and Blue are monochrome.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Cuckoo posted:

There's no way the one hit KO exception moves are going to be allowed in any form of tiered play but you'd better watch your rear end in free WiFi. Probably like how if you want to be serious at all you need to counter the banned megas somehow.

What moves does Skarmory learn that can own them both? One way to kill time would be to breed a perfect counter for both Machamp and Poliwrath.

the secret is to u-turn out into pokemon showdown

or literally anything because it's a poliwrath

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Cuckoo posted:

Hoenn is already considered Pokemon's most "tropical zone" so I doubt they'd do it twice in a row.

Hell, I love me some tropical poo poo. Do all the tropical poo poo I don't care I'll still buy it. Still if I had to take a stab at new location hmm....yeah it's probably Spain. But imagine if it was Australia! Poison types would be off the loving chain and their legendaries would be terrifying rainbow serpent poo poo.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Jarogue posted:

new peacock pokemon

We need a dog pokemon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Goddamn right where's my German Shepard pokemon? We've got just about everything else. Maybe they'll make it a Borzoi to throw everyone off their game.

• Locked thread