Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Am I a shark in either scenario?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

If I was Scott playing WYR would probably bum me out because it's a good way of finding out that the guest has never listened to your podcast

Also the floor wasn't open for questions/you lose 44534532356 points etc etc

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
I can also imagine it being pretty tiring when the people submitting the questions are trying to make them funny for you. Not a whole lot comes out of WYR scenarios that start off wacky in the first place.

Zsinjeh posted:

Would you rather monkey cheese random XD or eat butts for a billion years

In the eating butts scenario, would I live all billion of those years? If so, what zany existential crises will I go through in those billion years that will make this scenario pretty distinctly unlikable until its revealed that I'm actually literally Adolf Hitler in the monkey cheese scenario?

Also, in the monkey cheese scenario, is it true that I would be actually literally Adolf Hitler?

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Feb 26, 2016

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
You're dead and buried in both scenarios, but in the butts scenario yes you are also Adolph Hitler

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
WYR was so much more fun in the early days where all the guests had to slowly figure it out along the way. Now most of the vets who are playing with the new people clue them in so quickly and so early that it's just wacky random make-em-up time for 10 minutes. I'd rather WYR was retired, or only pulled out when the episode is lacking momentum.

e: Or just bring back What Am I Thinking and play it for an hour. I'd be in favor of that.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

piratepilates posted:

And the monkey cheese, is it made from chicken penis?

Little brittle chicken dicks?!

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Get rid of all fan interaction segments including plug bag and catchphrase I'm tired of the two guys on the earwolf forum who submit 500 things a week.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

Get rid of all fan interaction segments including plug bag and catchphrase I'm tired of the two guys on the earwolf forum who submit 500 things a week.

I agree but also bring back jukebox jury and make it 50% of the show

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

This weird tweet is brought to you by The Voblex

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Only do plug bag themes if a musician is on so Scott can ask them if it was good and get an "it was... Interesting... Fun... Good effort" from them.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Closing up the plug bag bing bong bing bong bing bong close it up close it up, close it up close up! Brow. That's a good song!

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Drunkboxer posted:

Closing up the plug bag bing bong bing bong bing bong close it up close it up, close it up close up! Brow. That's a good song!

That's a good song

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
That's a great song!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
That song's OK.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

That's a gooooooooood song!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I didn't like that song.

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

That song's alright.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I initiated that to trick all you rubes into posting. You are all my puppets.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Drunkboxer posted:

Nice

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Well it's hollywood facts

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Reformed Pissboy posted:

Well it's hollywood facts

And we're gonna listen to some plugs

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Drunkboxer posted:

You sure showed us. I will never attempt to have fun posting about podcasts again. Thank you for this harsh life lesson.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Mustard.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

e: nm

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
[the sound of Natasha Leggeros laughter abruptly cut off]

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
[ Paul F. Tompkins guffawing just off mic]

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Cloks posted:

Sometimes I like to not look at the guest list and be surprised. Every time it's PFT his guffaw gives the game away.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Cloks posted:

Is it weird that I love this sound?

Also Lapkus's giggle.

And I remember Kulap having a pretty infectious laugh on her episode with Gino.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Half of the reason I listen to Spont is to hear PFT laugh at dumb poo poo. It's the best.

The other half is to hear Janet Varney laugh off-mic during interviews.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
PFT is great. The laughter really livens up shows, it's nice to know that the people in the room are actually enjoying themselves.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

James Adomian has an off air mic so loud sometimes during podcasts that it makes me wonder if he's deliberately trying to get heard laughing.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Cloks posted:

PFT is great. The laughter really livens up shows, it's nice to know that the people in the room are actually enjoying themselves.

Agreed, a happy PFT makes me happy too.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I know it's basically impossible but I would kill for a super cut of PFT laughing in the background of podcasts

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I know it's basically impossible but I would kill for a super cut of PFT laughing in the background of podcasts

ideally with the complete joke that makes him laugh

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

My favorite was actually on Womp It Up with Andy Daly where you hear PFT break up in the background. He wasn't even on that episode. Andy Daly was funny enough to summon the laughter of PFT

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Is Jessie still stuck in the plugs bag?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Senator Giroux posted:

My favorite was actually on Womp It Up with Andy Daly where you hear PFT break up in the background. He wasn't even on that episode. Andy Daly was funny enough to summon the laughter of PFT

The same but on UTU2TM where PFT was early for the next episode and just sitting in. It was a little treat to have his laughter come in out of nowhere.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Is Jessie still stuck in the plugs bag?

In the Bernie/Trump ep he said made a new life inside and wanted to stay.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
I'm hoping the Washington Monugents will get a repeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Good ep for the 29th. Also there's someone called Jessica Jean Jardine who's not written by Stan Lee.