Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
so lemme add:

your CHARACTER name is what people use to message you ingame. It appears at the very BOTTOM of your nametag

your FAMILY name appears ABOVE your character name, but has little functionality other than letting everyone know who your alts are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Rafzakael posted:

Would it be worth having two guilds for a while until guild size grows enough? I'm imagining the $50 start people (like myself) there wont be space in the main guild

Lol

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

I paid $10 to post on this website and I demand space in the guild do not give my spot to anyone with an account predating 2002 because everyone knows they didn't pay

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Important: Fish team actual signing up, prepare for pact this is not a drill.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
Just got an email saying the client is ready for download (if you still have CBT2 installed it'll just be a patch). Apparently there'll be a pre-order "benefit claiming" page on the site under your account page as well? And it doesn't get enabled until the $100 pre-order start time.

Guessing we're going Edan/PVP?

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.

Stormgale posted:

Important: Fish team actual signing up, prepare for pact this is not a drill.

This is the best news I've heard all day. Where do I drop anchor Captain Stormgale.

Insensitive
Aug 7, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Got the $50 pack. Already feel like it was a mistake.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
All MMOs are a mistake of one flavor or another...

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

JackDRipper posted:

This is the best news I've heard all day. Where do I drop anchor Captain Stormgale.

Solid Copy Jericho Delta Romeo, we will be infiltrating the sea via multiple avenues for maximum force projection.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Amergin posted:

Just got an email saying the client is ready for download (if you still have CBT2 installed it'll just be a patch). Apparently there'll be a pre-order "benefit claiming" page on the site under your account page as well? And it doesn't get enabled until the $100 pre-order start time.

Guessing we're going Edan/PVP?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

What if i'm a dirty Euro?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Stormgale posted:

What if i'm a dirty Euro?
I'm playing on Edan and I'm Eastern European.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

lewtt posted:

depends on how many guild missions people are willing to do with their $100 investment

the starting size of the guild is 15 and we've got about 30 so far who are in the 96 hour headstart, so I can't invite everyone first day until we've done 2 or 3 guild missions

When do we get to negotiate our contract

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
haha thats good point, perhaps we should explain to all these people coming in how contracts work.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Community drama news are stale, hopefully not for too long - they're playing pot meet kettle.

At least there is something useful on the subreddit - Korean galleries of character presets.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

kalstrams posted:

Community drama news are stale, hopefully not for too long - they're playing pot meet kettle.

At least there is something useful on the subreddit - Korean galleries of character presets.

Looking at the witch page I fear I am now on a watch list.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Fat and Useless posted:

Looking at the witch page I fear I am now on a watch list.
Don't click tamer if you still savour the hope.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Are we gonna make a new OP for launch?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

Are we gonna make a new OP for launch?
Too late, unless lewtt feels like that's his perfect Saturday morning.

Interest check: I have rather well-tested Russian route guide for 1-50 rushing spergs, but it's esentially the one lewtt posted, with minor altercations. Anyone interested in translation?

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

kalstrams posted:

Don't click tamer if you still savour the hope.

I did out of curiosity. The soulless eyes call out for death, these are eyes that have seen things. A man in a Korean net cafe rubbing himself perhaps while the guy 3 stalls down has a stroke from several years of red bull enemas.

I'll give our template site credit that it has much less creepy looking poo poo on it(or did before it melted).

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

The russian one posted in that thread actually had a lot of cool presets, but since you can't search you kinda just have to keep scrolling down for about an hour.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

kalstrams posted:

What's with the wizard and people making Emo Dads?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Quake posted:

The russian one posted in that thread actually had a lot of cool presets, but since you can't search you kinda just have to keep scrolling down for about an hour.
Make a free account on it, then click the blue bit at the bottom of this image, Показать полностью... (show more)

and the it will get you

list of clickable tags that help you sort through it. Tags themselves should be self-explanatory.

Grondoth posted:

What's with the wizard and people making Emo Dads?
Koreans giving a pubertuous gendalf of a wizard. There's Iron Man actor somewhere in the Wizard presets though, iirc.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

The Quake posted:

If you don't want to sign up on the website you can also preemptively scroll down a bunch and ctrl+f the class you're interested in since the tags are in english. But yeah, I like that one and in fact saw a couple presets on it that I have seen floating around english sites now as well, which makes me suspect the english ones were technically ripped off.

RunAndGun
Apr 30, 2011

lewtt posted:

depends on how many guild missions people are willing to do with their $100 investment

the starting size of the guild is 15 and we've got about 30 so far who are in the 96 hour headstart, so I can't invite everyone first day until we've done 2 or 3 guild missions

I found on reddit (sorry, getting info on this from anywhere)
https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/2r2ltf/guild_system_breakdown_read/
that you have to be a level 50 to start a guild. On the other hand, that post was a year ago for a different region. Furthermore, I'm not sure if that applies to clans.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?

RunAndGun posted:

I found on reddit (sorry, getting info on this from anywhere)
https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/2r2ltf/guild_system_breakdown_read/
that you have to be a level 50 to start a guild. On the other hand, that post was a year ago for a different region. Furthermore, I'm not sure if that applies to clans.

We've started guilds on the CBT before and while lewtt is a pretty amazing leveler i think he was just level 15?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
You no longer have to be 50. We just need a bit of funds to start a clan, and then a bit more to turn it into a guild.

RunAndGun
Apr 30, 2011

ohsosad posted:

We've started guilds on the CBT before and while lewtt is a pretty amazing leveler i think he was just level 15?

OK good. AND I just realized that same link was in the OP.

Edit edit: AND AND that screenshot he provided at the top of this page should've been a clue to me too.

Nevermind me, end of a long work week for me.

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009
You don't need a clan you can make a guild right away and you only need 100k monies

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ready to roll boys and girls

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
diabedus :colbert:

RunAndGun
Apr 30, 2011

kalstrams posted:

Ready to roll boys and girls

I see no socks.

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face
lets start an irc and mumble presence, yes?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

RunAndGun posted:

I see no socks.

Pro poopsockers no longer use socks, they use pillowcases.

You can fit more in and then finally use it as an actual pillow when you collapse from exhaustion. :eng101:

It's the perfect way to relax after your fecal lasagne bath.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

sinewave posted:

lets start an irc and mumble presence, yes?

Use the CTS mumble:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714380

irc:
use the thread

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

Put that in the OP.

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face

I guess only old people use irc these days :\