Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Lungboy posted:

It's to get around the character limit isn't it?

I think that. But I prefer it because I don't need to have a giant scroll bar and can easily close and open what I need and don't need to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Dreggon posted:

what curses boost chaos damage if any? i need like, 3 curses

This was probably answered already, but if you're doing caustic arrow or a poison build in general I'd go for temp chains, enfeeble, and once you can fit it, vulnerability. The first two make most monsters an absolute joke so you can get by just stacking life or ES which is really nice if you're in the shadow area where defenses are typically sort of a mess anyways. Blasphemy temp chains/enfeeble makes devourers and dumb enemies like leapers and rankagos a joke (provided you aren't getting shot at from outside of curse range)

Replace temp chains with grace and enfeeble with discipline or something for curse immune maps (or just don't run them)

J
Jun 10, 2001

Rashomon posted:

Is there a good place where people post about builds online and discuss strategy? The official forums are indeed hard to read.

Eh, you get used to it. The official class forums are the only real place I've found where builds are posted and actually discussed. Yeah, there are a lot of garbage builds posted but there are also really good guides there as well. There's a poebuilds subreddit but everyone posts builds but never comments on anyone else's build, so it's pretty useless.

All the non-class discussion official forums are worthless though.

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

Hauki posted:

poison arrow is now caustic arrow and is a legit viable build. tshot still good. lightning arrow w/ voltaxic is fotm again. blast rain is some sweet single target. there are some other new bow skills that are mostly good for leveling, but are still viable and/or provide decent utility later on if you want something different. bladefall is sort of EK meets rain of arrows, and is pretty great. Ele ST still works, and I think ST is getting a buff (maybe just at lower skill levels?) again with the next patch. all in all I think you'll pick up anything new quick enough.

probably the biggest QoL change if you haven't played since masters, vendors sell leveled skill gems now based on class, difficulty and quests completed.

Count Uvula posted:

ST was subpar but usable for a long time, and it's most likely returning to its glory days with the Ascendancy update

There's a decent amount of new stuff but as long as you read up on the Ascendancy classes before starting everything will be decently intuitive. Also play on SC even if you're regularly a HC player because act 4 is pretty much guaranteed to kill you your first time through.

Probably biggest change aside from a new act (and upcoming ascendancy stuff) is that desync is now non-existent if you have below 120 ping or so. Other big change is jewels, which you can socket into slots on your passive tree, which are currently kinda wasted potential and a currency sink unless you have certain builds that require unique jewels.

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. I randomly heard about Vendor Gem leveling in the 2 minutes I tuned into Kripps stream. Am I correct in thinking it does basically two things? First, any quest reward you don't need right away, you can keep it on the vendor to level so that you don't have to waste a socket on gear. The second is the obvious one, being able to purchase leveled gems later on. The difference being one you pay for, the other a reward? I remember the Masters sold gems but a small amount, and random skills. The Vendors on the other hand, sell a lot more and specific to your class right?

The thing I liked about elemental ST or buzzsaw as some remember it, was that it was easy to gear, easy to craft a BiS sword, very tanky with shield block, and you could easily switch to a culling rarity setup. Out of the builds you guys mentioned, do any fit those four things?

edit: I guess I was wrong all those times I told people "desynch will always be there unless you want to make it easier for bots and hacks, so deal with it!" That's pretty unbelievable they finally are fixing it.

10bux fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Feb 26, 2016

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Theorycrafting a blade vortex witch that exploits the bone offering self block and the increased duration in Necromancer's Mistress of Sacrifice. I haven't made a crit caster for a long time, and I haven't ever played with modern EB/MoM. So how does this tree look?

Here are the equipment slots:
Cybil's
Rathpith (not mandatory)
Crit ammy
Voidbringer (could be swapped for facebreaker's or mali's, but this has ES)
Rainbowstrides (not mandatory)
Phys Doryani's Invitation (can be swapped for LL gem on my primary skill)

Here are gem links:
Chest:
Blade Vortex-Faster Casting-Echo-CDestruction / Hatred

Whirling Blades-Fortify-Faster Attacks
Faster Casting-Flame Dash-Desecrate

Increased Duration-Faster Casting-Blood Rage-Tempest Shield
Increased Duration-Faster Casting-Vaal Haste-Bone Offering
Herald of Ice-Herald of Thunder-Curse on Hit-Warlord's Mark

Plan is to pop a desecrate and bone offering when I meet a pack that can potentially hurt me, then maintain BV stacks and whirl through mobs until everyone's dead. Blocks and BV hits give me life on hit, while leech and kills recover into my ES pool, I have max block with a rathpith + rumi's. That frees me to focus on damage on the rest of my gear and passives.

How does this sound?

Bingo
Aug 18, 2003

Thinking about trying out a lightning strike build in ascendancy, anyone have any experience with them? I'm trying to decide between dagger crit deadeye for the +1 chain on projectiles, or staff crit inquisitor for the 'ignore enemy resistances on crit' talent.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Bingo posted:

Thinking about trying out a lightning strike build in ascendancy, anyone have any experience with them? I'm trying to decide between dagger crit deadeye for the +1 chain on projectiles, or staff crit inquisitor for the 'ignore enemy resistances on crit' talent.

Dagger version is better off with reave and +1 chain is iffy since you already have 40% pierce once you get quality.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Don't use a quality gem and get the chain. Your ability to hit targets, especially in closed areas, is massively increased with chain. Potentially dropping the chain gem is a big damage boost as well.

nearly killed em! fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Feb 27, 2016

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Man I had a really cool idea for a hybrid RF/VRF/Pain Attunement EE occultist that used coruscating elixir and vaal discipline, but coruscating elixir doesn't count as legit energy shield recharge and the max resist is nerfed from 10% to 6% so you can't get 100 fire resist anymore :saddowns:

Did ES even start to recharge if you were at 100% fire resist before (thus immune to the fire damage)?

Cory in the Blouse fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Feb 27, 2016

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
My next planned build was a crit ice crash.

Anyone who has been consuming all the new information have any idea if a crit sunder or earthquake would be terrible?

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

In awesome non-build news, the json api now includes ilvl, so you'll be able to start searching on poe.trade by item level now instead of weird 2.84ex prices and such.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Gibbo posted:

My next planned build was a crit ice crash.

Anyone who has been consuming all the new information have any idea if a crit sunder or earthquake would be terrible?

Crit sunder should be perfectly viable. Earthquake might require too much investment in non-crit stuff if you use it as a primary skill, but we'll see.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Think my first character might be a Duelist Gladiator with a pair of rapiers running Cyclone and Frenzy. Spin through a pack to bleed them, spin through a second time doing bonus damage and maiming them, if any of them die they explode. Frenzy down any stragglers / uniques. Man this is gonna be a long loving week.

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

Bingo posted:

Haven't played in a while so not sure of the new uniques, but one hand maces/scepters used to be the best for lightning strike. Some of my favorites node clusters are the mace nodes just above Templar between there and the witch starting points. Scepters give you the elemental damage implicit but is nearly god drat impossible to get a good dps one. The mace crit/accuracy/WED nodes are pretty godly tho.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

10bux posted:

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. I randomly heard about Vendor Gem leveling in the 2 minutes I tuned into Kripps stream. Am I correct in thinking it does basically two things? First, any quest reward you don't need right away, you can keep it on the vendor to level so that you don't have to waste a socket on gear. The second is the obvious one, being able to purchase leveled gems later on. The difference being one you pay for, the other a reward? I remember the Masters sold gems but a small amount, and random skills. The Vendors on the other hand, sell a lot more and specific to your class right?

The thing I liked about elemental ST or buzzsaw as some remember it, was that it was easy to gear, easy to craft a BiS sword, very tanky with shield block, and you could easily switch to a culling rarity setup. Out of the builds you guys mentioned, do any fit those four things?

edit: I guess I was wrong all those times I told people "desynch will always be there unless you want to make it easier for bots and hacks, so deal with it!" That's pretty unbelievable they finally are fixing it.

Uh, yes, sort of. To keep it simple, gems on vendors level slower than if you actually leveled them yourself and also have a hard cap based on difficulty, so if you've got the sockets spare, it's better to do it that way. With some exceptions, the vendors sell anything you can get as a quest reward and a decent range of other stuff based on class. As you complete quests that reward skill gems, their inventory will expand accordingly. The easiest thing is to probably just look at the wiki or another database if you're curious about a specific skill.

Moving on, caustic arrow is probably the best fit for your criteria although it's not particularly tanky. Really all you want is a +3 bow and a leveled skill gem, and you can get fairly far into maps with just a +2 bow. I think I played mine to 85ish with a 5L +2 bow with a Leo craft. Links, +gem levels and DoT craft are all you need for damage as far as gear goes, so the rest of your poo poo can be wholly dedicated to stacking IIR/IIQ and making up whatever life and resists. If you don't mind playing bullethell or offscreening everything, you can ignore those too and just go whole hog on the mf setup. As for the others mentioned, they're a little more gear reliant to really excel and probably can't shove in quite as much iir/iiq without affecting clear speed etc. At least tshot and LA both get good use out of a rat's nest though. Bladefall I haven't actually played personally outside of leveling, but my understanding is it can be built pretty tankily for endgame, isn't terribly gear reliant and can probably fit in some rarity on gear as well.

I'm not really considering ascendancy trees in any of the above, so that may change things.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Hmm. I'm suffering from build indecision again. I kind of want to do something with duelist/ranger because I haven't played them in ages but I also like really flashy builds and there aren't a whole lot of those in terms of melee. I guess there's flicker strike with Oro's?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I hate that there's a week left before Ascendancy. I want it now. :(

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

vOv posted:

Hmm. I'm suffering from build indecision again. I kind of want to do something with duelist/ranger because I haven't played them in ages but I also like really flashy builds and there aren't a whole lot of those in terms of melee. I guess there's flicker strike with Oro's?

I just spent some time reconfiguring an old league character to flicker on Standard, it still works and is dumb and awesome. I guess it's bad in groups but there's nothing quite like it for sheer 'hold on to your butte'

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
Scion life pizza :O

(previously: http://imgur.com/qlDPNQb )

ronya fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Feb 27, 2016

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Haven't played this a ton. My highest character is just about reaching level 50, and I'm slowly realizing I don't really know what I'm looking for lootwise - like, if I'm really just looking for items that are usable right now while keeping my resistances capped and with as many of the right links as possible, or if there are some cases where it assumes I'm building a little (like the OP mentions going through chromatic orbs for socket colors).

And I'm not real excited about looking into the trade market. I guess none of this matters very much with Ascendancy nigh.

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

Hauki posted:

Uh, yes, sort of. To keep it simple, gems on vendors level slower than if you actually leveled them yourself and also have a hard cap based on difficulty, so if you've got the sockets spare, it's better to do it that way. With some exceptions, the vendors sell anything you can get as a quest reward and a decent range of other stuff based on class. As you complete quests that reward skill gems, their inventory will expand accordingly. The easiest thing is to probably just look at the wiki or another database if you're curious about a specific skill.

Moving on, caustic arrow is probably the best fit for your criteria although it's not particularly tanky. Really all you want is a +3 bow and a leveled skill gem, and you can get fairly far into maps with just a +2 bow. I think I played mine to 85ish with a 5L +2 bow with a Leo craft. Links, +gem levels and DoT craft are all you need for damage as far as gear goes, so the rest of your poo poo can be wholly dedicated to stacking IIR/IIQ and making up whatever life and resists. If you don't mind playing bullethell or offscreening everything, you can ignore those too and just go whole hog on the mf setup. As for the others mentioned, they're a little more gear reliant to really excel and probably can't shove in quite as much iir/iiq without affecting clear speed etc. At least tshot and LA both get good use out of a rat's nest though. Bladefall I haven't actually played personally outside of leveling, but my understanding is it can be built pretty tankily for endgame, isn't terribly gear reliant and can probably fit in some rarity on gear as well.

I'm not really considering ascendancy trees in any of the above, so that may change things.

Ah, I missed that the gems level slower on the Vendors. I also totally forgot about the free 6 leveling sockets from weapon swap, so it really wouldn't be a huge advantage anyhow.

Thanks again for the info. Based on everything you said, and how little I know, I figure the smartest thing to do is just play "bow ranger." That way, I can try out the different skills, and can likely respec into any bow build when I get to Maps. I'll probably just take basic life along with reachable projectile and bow nodes until I get an idea of what I want to do. I'd probably end up doing this anyway, since Ascendancy has the potential to drastically change a lot of builds.

I've been wondering, is Resolute Technique even a "thing" anymore? Just from the little I've read about the changes, it's pretty obvious they've spent a lot of time improving crit.

edit: Also, these Talismans seem OP as gently caress, but they're this league only correct? Have they said anything about implementing them into the game similar to a lot of the past league specific changes?

10bux fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Feb 27, 2016

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

resolute technique is still "a thing" it's just not always the correct choice.

some builds don't need to crit ever, some builds cannot afford to spec into accuracy and dexterity, and rt is a far cheaper option when it comes time to gear a character

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Stagger_Lee posted:

Haven't played this a ton. My highest character is just about reaching level 50, and I'm slowly realizing I don't really know what I'm looking for lootwise - like, if I'm really just looking for items that are usable right now while keeping my resistances capped and with as many of the right links as possible, or if there are some cases where it assumes I'm building a little (like the OP mentions going through chromatic orbs for socket colors).

And I'm not real excited about looking into the trade market. I guess none of this matters very much with Ascendancy nigh.

I would say this:

I feel like this game doesn't really begin till 68+. So since you have a good feel for the game at level 50, when ascendancy comes, level up a character as fast as possible. I would recommend watching RACERS
Helmannn on Twitch, watch his race videos

Next, look up a good starter build to follow that. I would highly recommend LiftingNerdBros builds as he builds them cheap and they work, just not he most optimal builds for end game.
Liftingnerdbro profile
Examples:
Dual Flame Totem marauder
Cyclone Marauder
Witch Summoner

Lastly,
Poe.trade is your best friend, sort by online/buyout, copy message to clipboard and fire it in game.. all my trades for gear were not even 2 minutes.

TipsyMcStagger fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Feb 27, 2016

J
Jun 10, 2001

10bux posted:

Ah, I missed that the gems level slower on the Vendors. I also totally forgot about the free 6 leveling sockets from weapon swap, so it really wouldn't be a huge advantage anyhow.

Thanks again for the info. Based on everything you said, and how little I know, I figure the smartest thing to do is just play "bow ranger." That way, I can try out the different skills, and can likely respec into any bow build when I get to Maps. I'll probably just take basic life along with reachable projectile and bow nodes until I get an idea of what I want to do. I'd probably end up doing this anyway, since Ascendancy has the potential to drastically change a lot of builds.

I've been wondering, is Resolute Technique even a "thing" anymore? Just from the little I've read about the changes, it's pretty obvious they've spent a lot of time improving crit.

edit: Also, these Talismans seem OP as gently caress, but they're this league only correct? Have they said anything about implementing them into the game similar to a lot of the past league specific changes?

A bow ranger will be a perfectly fine pick. I felt bow characters were extremely good in general during talisman league, but voltaxic lightning arrow got all the attention and overshadowed other bow skills. Deadeye is a great ascendancy class for a bow character.

Resolute technique is used in non-crit builds. Gearwise, those generally tend to be more on the budget end of the spectrum, with nowhere near as high of a ceiling as crit builds. Crit was already too strong, and there are several ascendancy classes with great crit nodes that are only going to extend the gap further between crit and non crit builds.

Talismans can potentially be insanely good....but it's really tough to roll one anywhere near that. Just so many variables, and you can't master craft mods onto them like a normal amulet to turn "near misses" into good items. They are league specific and won't be in the game during ascendancy, but they will almost certainly be back through a zana map mod sometime in the future if I had to guess. They put too much work into that system to just scrap it. I played a poo poo load of talisman league and found maybe 2 talismans that I would consider "good," but they were still plenty replaceable with a normal amulet.

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

I've been looking at the existing passive tree and trying to figure situations where the Ascendant's Path of X thing would be worth it.

On the 2.1 tree it is 15 nodes from the scion start to any other start. So Path of X basically upgrades 15 skill points from slightly useful (mostly +10 Str/Dex/Int) to a range of slightly useful<->build-defining. It also loses you a potential easy to reach Jewel slot.

So the question is are there builds where a node on the opposite side of the tree from everything else you want/need is mandatory.

Candidate nodes:
  • Resolute Technique
  • Blood Magic
  • Whispers of Doom
  • Eldritch Battery (but if you are on the opposite side of the tree you won't have a ton of mana?)
  • Chaos Inoculation (but if you are on the opposite side of the tree you won't have a ton of energy shield)
  • Alchemist (but if you are focused on flasks you want to take Pathfinder instead of a Witch option)
  • Vaal Pact
  • Acrobatics (maybe for something focused on a projectile spell that wants to be in the witch and ranger areas?)
  • Graceful Assault/Slaughter (is there really enough other stuff that keys off Onslaught to make these worth the sacrifice?)
  • Dirty Techniques/Bloodletting (for some kind of crit or trap or totem Puncture build?)
  • Ancestral Bond (originally left this off but then started thinking about Siege Ballista)

Resolute Technique (see price of good Vagan crit daggers) and Blood Magic seem the likeliest to be build-defining, followed by Vaal Pact.

Bouquet fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Feb 27, 2016

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

TipsyMcStagger posted:

I would say this:

I feel like this game doesn't really begin till 68+. So since you have a good feel for the game at level 50, when ascendancy comes, level up a character as fast as possible. I would recommend watching RACERS
Helmannn on Twitch, watch his race videos

We all start powerleveling to merciless a couple characters or leagues in but personally I think that's bad advice for someone still learning the game :shrug:

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I'm going to try an Ice trap build this new league. I've never gone traps before but I thought this might be the best time to try with a new one and new support gems coming out. I'm thinking of going Elementalist Witch for the golem node and element penetration node. I can use flame dash to get around and throw ice traps. Ice golem will add cold damage and crit. Traps cannot gain on kill effects like Shaper of Desolation right? If its like that then I suppose the remaining nodes will go into Paragon of Calamity. If only there was a way to take cold damage consistently.

I just made up a build moving along the tree picking up all the trap nodes. Does this look any good if anyone has experience with traps?
http://www.pathofexile.com/fullscre...NXw-fId8uH_3g==

This is going to be really different than what I usually play. I usually play casters or bow builds. Not being able to leech will be so scary for awhile.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Count Uvula posted:

We all start powerleveling to merciless a couple characters or leagues in but personally I think that's bad advice for someone still learning the game :shrug:

I know what you're saying but i also feel racers give great insight on how the game mechanics play. I also play hardcore only so the ability to level a character quickly was a good skill to learn to recover from higher RIPs.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Ixjuvin posted:

I just spent some time reconfiguring an old league character to flicker on Standard, it still works and is dumb and awesome. I guess it's bad in groups but there's nothing quite like it for sheer 'hold on to your butte'

Are you using Oro's to generate charges or are you doing on-kill stuff?

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
Crit dagger flicker was insane in 2.1, in ascendancy it's going to be absurd. Crit breakpoint is 50% rather than just needing as much as possible, since 50% gives you guaranteed crits against full life enemies which will oneshot all normal/magic enemies and some rares. With the base crit per power charge and blasphemy + assassin's mark, you'll barely even need to invest in crit - bino's + crit chance gem + 5 power charges + assassin minor nodes is ~13.5% base crit and 295% increased crit chance, so all you need is ~105% increased crit chance from the tree and gear to guarantee the crit.

e: Is the crit chance from rear end mark multiplied by '100% more critical strike chance' or is it applied after your crit chance is calculated because it's an affect on the mob? Still trying to decide if a crit MF caster assassin would work. Spark + 7 power charges + crit chance gem has a base crit of 10.5% and 395% increased crit chance, so the first hit would always crit with no other crit scaling, and with crit on the tree plus daggers (for whirling blades) you wouldn't need any other crit gear, could just focus on MF.

e2: Maybe with frost bomb? Ideally you want a huge first hit because of Ambush, frost bomb could work really well for that depending on its damage and how low you can get the explosion timer.

Infinite Monkeys fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Feb 27, 2016

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
unless you have something that generates frenzy charges on crit, it sounds like crit multi is going to be nerfed hard with Ascendancy, which means that your on-kill charges are not going to be sufficient

edit:

"It [the /remaining command] shows up to 50 and we'll be putting this on the map info when you press tab."

ronya fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Feb 27, 2016

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

With less need for crit chance you can probably get more damage on the tree. Crit dagger flicker has no problem maintaining charges now (even with just two of blood rage/blood dance/poacher's mark), and it's hard to believe Ascendancy will be an overall nerf to it with how crazy Assassin is for flicker. If it is, you can just use all three of those.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

PRAISE THE LORD

also crit-oroflickerstrike on an assassin sounds juicy

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

The Real Foogla posted:

PRAISE THE LORD

also crit-oroflickerstrike on an assassin sounds juicy
I don't know why you'd pick this (4:36 oro's gorge clear) over this (1:48 dagger gorge clear).

Infinite Monkeys fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Feb 27, 2016

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
Oro's is 1c, but an uber dagger is $$$EXALT$$$$

and Oro's always scales - as long you get an ignite, the flicker goes on - whereas the dagger method is dependent on killing almost everything in one hit

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I was intending to go for free Flicker with trickster but that crit build does sound tempting.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

Bouquet posted:

Resolute Technique (see price of good Vagan crit daggers) and Blood Magic seem the likeliest to be build-defining, followed by Vaal Pact.

I feel like you might be forgetting the second clause of Resolute Technique...

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

vOv posted:

Are you using Oro's to generate charges or are you doing on-kill stuff?

I've been doing 2h on-kill, I didn't actually know about the Oro's thing. I think I've got one sitting around, should give it a shot. Dagger crit builds are probably better but 2h is what I did like a few leagues ago and I still have the uniques so I just rolled with it v:shobon:v

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

Artificial Idiocy posted:

I feel like you might be forgetting the second clause of Resolute Technique...
Usable crit vagan daggers aren't that expensive anyway, only an ex or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I've just been reviewing the ascendancy classes again and I still can't believe that the Inquisitor's Ignore Elemental Resistances on Crit notable is going to make it in apparently. We'll know for sure when the patch notes are in, I suppose, but if it stays the way it is I'm seriously considering going Lightning Strike one-hand crit mace with full elemental conversion. Or maybe a fire-based skill with Three Dragons if that's going to work as well.

I think it's going to be even more insanely broken than the Assassin class, but we'll have to see the final passive tree for that I suppose.

• Locked thread