Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirBuddha
Aug 20, 2006

lewtt posted:

If a pubbie is super amusing i'll probably invite him as well

at this rate though, i suspect we'll be full up or close to it for quite a while. No overflow guild until we actually need it, however

are guild space memberships per family or per character based? Because all your alts are automatically registered to the same guild, does that take up space?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

SirBuddha posted:

are guild space memberships per family or per character based? Because all your alts are automatically registered to the same guild, does that take up space?

nope, alts dont take up space

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I get it, HYPE TRAIN! YAH! HoT is hours away from release and many of us are currently preparing for the long night/day where we will wait patiently for the patches and binge game for the weekend ;) But, even though we think we are prepared... let's not forget the most important thing that many people might forget. Your Health! There are many people who faced health complication and even death due to heat failure, over exhaustion, etc. So even though you think you're ready... just remember
Sleep - Not sleeping can have some very serious effects on the brain and body—hallucinations, confusion, drop in body temperature, increased blood pressure, hormonal changes, and even seizures are possible symptoms of severe sleep deprivation. Most of the time, just taking a quick nap will cure you. Put in a few hours of sleep before the release, or take a nap in between.
Eat and Drink Water - One gaming-related death came after a 40-hour run of Diablo III with no breaks for food. Going 40 hours without eating won’t kill you, but it definitely won’t keep you sharp, and it’ll likely contribute to other potential problems (at the very least, it’ll put you in a pretty bad mood). Letting your blood sugar get really low can make you very tired, give you a headache, and play tricks on your mind. Eating three solid meals each day will help keep your brain working throughout your binge (and though I don’t recommend it, you can get through a full meal in a few minutes if you’re really motivated, so you don’t have to take a long break). And if you just can’t bear to break away for a meal, try to at least have some healthy snacks: grab an apple, have a peanut-butter-topped bagel, graham crackers, string cheese, or some pretzels. Skip the salty chips, popcorn, and cookies.
Stand Up/Stretch/Move around - Being Stationary for long periods of time is bad for your health—it can affect your circulation, have adverse effects on your neck and spine, reduce muscle strength, and even contribute to heart disease. Obviously, these things happen over long periods of time, but spending 24 or 36 hours in a row sitting will accelerate the process. Stand up and move around at least once every hour. Twice every hour would be better. You don’t even have to stop playing—just get up to move a bit and stretch out your legs and back. Do Some jumping jacks, push-ups.
Looking at a screen - Especially one with a lot of flickering lights, can wreak havoc on your eyes. Over a short period of time, it’s not a big deal, but looking at tracers, lightning bolts, and explosions for hours on end can fatigue your eyes and cause headaches, blurred vision, dry eyes, or double vision. None of these are bad in small amounts, but they can add up over time and cause some serious discomfort. For every hour you stare at the screen, take 30 seconds to look away, either outside or at an object in your house so your eyes can rest and refocus.
And for those wondering what they should eat during the binge here are some healthy ideas... Just try to limit a large Sugar/Salt/Caffeine intake to avoid health problems!
And let's remember, less is more! Everything should be in moderation!
Nuts - You need protein to stay awake anyway, which nuts have in droves.
Pretzels
Chips - Try to avoid really salty ones
Beef Jerky
Bagels or Whole Grain Bread/Toast w/ Cream Cheese, Smoked Salmon, Tuna, Peanut Butter, etc.
Cheese & Crackers
Chips & Salsa - Maybe you can make some quesadillas or mini tacos as well!
Hummus
Feat Cheese/Cheese Sticks
Meats - Make Sandwiches!
Yogurt
Fruits & Vegetables - Apples, Bananas, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, etc
Rice-a-Roni (Rice in General is very good!)
80 Quick and Healthy Snack Ideas
26 Snack Ideas to Prepare Ahead
Need something to drink?
WATER! LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER!!
Coke/Sprite (Limit this! Or have a glass of water in between each can/bottle)
Redbull or Coffee Remember to watch your limits, you can overdose!
Tea! Especially Green Tea/Earl Grey (It's healthy and delicious w/ lemon!)
Low Sugar Carbonated Drinks (Decrease Sugar Intake!)
And now... some FACTS on how much Cans/Cups of Caffeine it takes to reach your daily Safety Limit, anything over this can lead to health issues or an OD! (Over Dose)
This is based of the average human weight of 80.7 kg or 177 pounds
RedBull - 6 Cans A Day
Monster/NOS Energy - 3 Can A Day!
Coke-Cola - 14 Can A Day
Starbucks Double Shot Energy - 3.3 Cans A Day!
Brewed Coffee - 2.9/3 Cups A Day
Green tea - 19.1 Cups A Day
If you start having trouble breathing, feeling confused, convulsions, diarrhea, fever, dizziness, hallucinations, twitching, or vomiting. Stop your caffeine intake, drink water and seek immediate medical attention ASAP!
ALSO, USE THE BATHROOM! SERIOUSLY, GO TAKE A LEAK EVERY HOUR OR SO. DON'T HOLD IT IN! OPEN A WINDOW TOO, GET FRESH AIR!
Overall this is a lot of information, hopefully some of you read this and actually decide to go a healthier route. Anyway, good luck and stay safe! Enjoy BD Release! :)

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

kalstrams posted:

Eat healthy!

kalstrams posted:

Ready to roll boys and girls

:D

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

http://www.bdotemplates.com/ is working again.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

kalstrams posted:

ALSO, USE THE BATHROOM! SERIOUSLY

lmao that there may be people out there who actually need this advice when they play their vidjagames

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

lalaland posted:

lmao that there may be people out there who actually need this advice when they play their vidjagames
I know a person who has (at the very least had) a piss bottle for WoW raids.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
So do we have an actual source for that costume price thing, or is it seriously only coming from MMORPG.com?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Arthil posted:

So do we have an actual source for that costume price thing, or is it seriously only coming from MMORPG.com?
There is no developer/publisher statement we can use to verify the news.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Eltoasto posted:

I like the theory that they only reduced them to $29 so that costumes are no longer more expensive than the game.

I like this

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Stormgale posted:

Hey Thread which class should I play (not giant as they can't be Kawaii).

Hey gently caress you guy. Giants are just big ole teddy bears.

Also calling it now that kalstrams is gonna be the first source of the dumb bullshit from this game.

Anyone heard anything about how far behind they plan to be on patches vs the korean version. A great many of us would rather main bladers and ninjas. Just want to know when we might see that happen.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Drinkfist posted:

Hey gently caress you guy. Giants are just big ole teddy bears.

Also calling it now that kalstrams is gonna be the first source of the dumb bullshit from this game.

Anyone heard anything about how far behind they plan to be on patches vs the korean version. A great many of us would rather main bladers and ninjas. Just want to know when we might see that happen.
Nothing has be said about the update scheduling for our version of the game. Also I'm humbled that you think I'm going to initiate insider drama in the game.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

kalstrams posted:

Nothing has be said about the update scheduling for our version of the game. Also I'm humbled that you think I'm going to initiate insider drama in the game.

I'm hoping it'll somehow involve potatoes.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Stanley Pain posted:

I'm hoping it'll somehow involve potatoes.

I wonder if he is Irish. He did say he was an EU goon.

Edit: gently caress it say Latvia in his profile. Isn't that where Doctor Doom is from?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Drinkfist posted:

I wonder if he is Irish. He did say he was an EU goon.
I'm from Latvia, the potato meme land with statistical consumption of 1 pound of potatoes per day per capita.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
So when you get a knowledge grade for killing a mob it's randomly assigned and doesn't change so you have to reset it at the library and try again to get a higher grade? Am I understanding that right?

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

bonds0097 posted:

So when you get a knowledge grade for killing a mob it's randomly assigned and doesn't change so you have to reset it at the library and try again to get a higher grade? Am I understanding that right?

Yes, but it's pointless to do this if you're not planning to hang around and kill that mob a lot in the future.

Codekeeper
Feb 10, 2013

Innocence proves nothing.

Really good information, thank you.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Alternately: If you S-rank all mob types in the game, you unlock Pokémon no. 151 in your Pokédex.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face

Probad posted:

Yes, but it's pointless to do this if you're not planning to hang around and kill that mob a lot in the future.

not completely true. better knowledge gets you more rep with npcs that want it in the convo game and also increase your max energy. picky I know, but for some reason the tiny details matter in this game. that said. dunno if I'll be assed to do this until I have an alt at the reset npc in calpheon and plan on grinding those mobs a lot already.

sinewave fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Feb 27, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

There's also a separate theory about knowledge influencing RNG for drop rates, but it is purely empirical and I think it's more of a manifestation of Russian gamers than anything else.

fishstix82
Dec 28, 2011

PIZZA TIME!

lewtt posted:

no. we've been through this stupid voipwar junk from the prior and current thread. mumble has always maintained a higher population of people, and that's what we're defaulting with. If discord adds some newfangled functionality that i'll actually use, i'll consider swapping

for now, any text based comms can be done ingame or on the thread. voip comms can be done in mumble. we've had a channel and subchannels for BDO in here for a week or so

i'm also not making an alt site or doing some crazy auth system. You can invite whatever friends you have assuming we have space, but I'll tar and feather both you and your friend if he/she manages to royally gently caress something up.

If a pubbie is super amusing i'll probably invite him as well

at this rate though, i suspect we'll be full up or close to it for quite a while. No overflow guild until we actually need it, however

Good to know I have 4 pubs coming with me. 3 played with a recently banned group from another shitshow mmo I talked them out of going to the server those guts are rolling on.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

I'm ready guys

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

The Quake posted:

I'm ready guys

Just looking at all the fiber makes me want to poo poo...

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face

fishstix82 posted:

Good to know I have 4 pubs spies coming with me. 3 played with a recently banned group from another shitshow mmo I talked them out of going to the server those guts are rolling on.

^^fixed your post for you

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

The Quake posted:

I'm ready guys

At least that one has a bunch of veggies in it.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

LumberingTroll posted:

Just looking at all the fiber makes me want to poo poo...

I got you covered

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.

The Quake posted:

I got you covered

How much you charge for room and board?

Codekeeper
Feb 10, 2013

Innocence proves nothing.

JackDRipper posted:

How much you charge for room and board?

This. I'll go in too. I can....uh.....yeah. Money.

RunAndGun
Apr 30, 2011
Latest from devs

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/23484-pm-diary-3/

fishstix82
Dec 28, 2011

PIZZA TIME!

sinewave posted:

^^fixed your post for you

One of them is my tenant IRL, if he turns out to be a spy, I'll set the house on fire and leave.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

We should be careful with griefing, CM is ready to ban us all. :ohdear:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

So MMORPG was right, except it's worse because the functional costumes like ghilli will still be 3200 pearls and the rest down to 2900, 2500 on sale at launch.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
my friends are trying to convince me to play this will my 560 ti be enough?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

20% discount on all pets is pretty nice for launch. Looting system with cash buyout is strange and may be unfair (i.e. automated) at later stages. Server setup section is strange, I don't quite get if there will be one or multiple territorial maps per server, as in if 'region' in server section means the same thing as 'cluster' in chat section.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

roymorrison posted:

my friends are trying to convince me to play this will my 560 ti be enough?
I play on 850M, but I don't mind tuning graphics to the far low end, for an MMO at least.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sound the lewtt alarm, there is server with namer shorter than Edan, whatdo?

Also :laffo: they have no idea what they are talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishstix82
Dec 28, 2011

PIZZA TIME!
I played in CBT2 and they said I can use that install for early access. My client says I'm currently sitting at version 1.0.0.39 has anyone downloaded the new client and can
confirm that is their version as well?