Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the SC primary?
Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Martin O'Malley
Willie Wilson
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm also interested in seeing the total Dem turnout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Venom Snake posted:

Is there any logical explanation for how Trump might not lose by 10+ points to Hillary in the general because this "Only Sanders can beat Trump" narrative makes no sense.

no head to head poll about november matters until the nominees are selected and people actually start to pay attention

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

and if millennials voted in sufficient numbers to matter sanders would get the nom

Old people vote republicans in. Let's not forget Obama had a large part of his election on youth.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
edit: n/m

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Hillary Is Unelectable

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Joementum posted:

Note that Hillary has been talking for ten minutes now about Wall Street corruption and the need to prosecute it.

Liars gonna lie

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Venom Snake posted:

Is there any logical explanation for how Trump might not lose by 10+ points to Hillary in the general because this "Only Sanders can beat Trump" narrative makes no sense.

Basically 1st or 2nd election people shouting and yelling for some random reason.

Hillary is a strong GE candidate barring a black swan. Against Trump there are possibilities for huge pick ups.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Venom Snake posted:

Trump tosses any past knowledge of how elections work out the window, but he has significant liabilities that should make it a cakewalk for Hillary.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Every Bernie supporter I know is planning to vote for Hillary if and when (let's be real, it's when) she wins the nomination. A bunch of weird Redditors are not indicative of milliions of voters.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

STAC Goat posted:

Now TYT are MST3King Hillary's speech.

They, really, really, really don't like Hillary.

Why? Did she imply the Armenian genocide wasn't just a lie meant to besmirch the noble Ottoman?

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

The Young Turks salty tears are great

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Joementum posted:

Trump tosses any past knowledge of how elections work out the window, but he has significant liabilities that should make it a cakewalk for Hillary.

Do you see anti-Trump Republicans in the House and Senate endorsing Hillary a la Boll Weevils and Reagan, or is that just a little too crazy?

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

What the hell happened in SC? Yeah Clinton was always going to win there but even last week all the polls had +23 to +28.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hillary is totally electable.

Is there a live tracker that breaks exit polls down by age? NYT seems to have everything but

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind
where did hillary find this bernie stump speech

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

This is legitimately a gamechanger. It was always conventional wisdom that she was gonna do well but she just shattered the Obama coalition high points and that does not bode well for Sanders or her Republican opponent. You think this is a blowout? Wait until it's her vs a dude who says 'the blacks' like that's a good thing and talks about Mexicans as if they're an invasive plant.

She's winning on low voter turnout. It's hilarious that you think this is Obama Coalition 2.0. Hilarious! Ha! haha! heh... :negative:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

Donald "I am the only person who immediately walked out of my 'Ali G' interview" Trump tosses any past knowledge of how elections work out the window, but he has significant liabilities that should make it a cakewalk for Hillary.

Pretty much, he's changed a ton but also he's a walking pile of trash roughly shaped into an anus faced man and Hillary has been destroying people like that for years.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Trump will also be on the top of a ticket of a party who is likely in active civil war. That will be.. a problem.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Really took the party down tragedy lane with this bullshit

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Beforehand posted:

It really is surprising how hard this is to grasp for some people.

This is a failure primarily of white, straight male liberal thoughts and their thoughts on "identity politics" (and others who can say things like "Well, I won't be affected THAT much"). That poo poo DOES matter. It doesn't mean you have to give up that other stuff but when you kind of shrug it off and say "But the economy..." it sounds the same way it does in personal conversations when someone's telling you about something that's hurting or bothering them and you minimize it.

quote:

The study, co-produced by the Greenlining Institute and Urban Strategies Council, found that in 2013, the top-12 lenders helped African American borrowers purchase a mere four homes in Oakland, while Hispanic borrowers received just seven home purchase loans.
https://fusion.net/story/273367/california-oakland-black-hispanic-lending-report/

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Aliquid posted:

Do you see anti-Trump Republicans in the House and Senate endorsing Hillary a la Boll Weevils and Reagan, or is that just a little too crazy?

It's very unlikely that any sitting Republican office holders will, but not impossible. Christine Todd Whitman said yesterday she'll support Hillary over Trump.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Mitt Romney posted:

What the hell happened in SC? Yeah Clinton was always going to win there but even last week all the polls had +23 to +28.

Sanders supporters would rather repost The Intercept all day long.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mitt Romney posted:

A hilarious combo of low turnout in some areas and high in usually ignored (spoiler: minority) ones, including record level black early voting numbers.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

I know. But he's still got higher unfavorable's with minorities than almost anyone ever and shows no signs of taking away voters from the democratic base. If anything tonight proved Hillary could easily destroy Trump with the minority vote.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Bad Caller posted:

Old people vote republicans in. Let's not forget Obama had a large part of his election on youth.

not really, you need to look at the breakdown of the actual Obama victories rather than the narrative

The demographics of this country are heavily unfavorable to Republicans. There are a lot of black voters in Pennsylvania and without winning PA republican electoral victory gets really really hard. The electorate gets less white every year.

You need to take a deep breath and try to diversify where you get your election news. This forum is not a representative sample. YCS hates Hillary, but all of the polling-- and there is heavy polling on this-- indicates that the overwhelming majority of Sanders voters will support Hillary. The ones that won't are generally normally very disengaged and thus weren't a part of the Obama coalition.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Typical Pubbie posted:

She's winning on low voter turnout. It's hilarious that you think this is Obama Coalition 2.0. Hilarious! Ha! haha! heh... :negative:

It was reported that there was twice the early voting in SC then in 08, maybe turnout wasn't that bad

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
Best speech by Clinton so far this year, and I've seen a lot of em.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I think it's genuinely hilarious that people seemed to just forget black people have extremely positive views of the Clintons for that whole 'decades of working in their communities' thingie that apparently Bernie was going to tear to rubble by swooping in and spending three months saying 'yea these are bad but have you heard about wall street?'

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Mitt Romney posted:

I thought I was being realistic by picking Clinton +26 in the Bernie thread. lol

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
what the gently caress is this

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Uhm, I believe it's ONE Corinthians.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal. Text JOIN to 47256.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
This election has really been a good reminder that the mainstream absolutely does not give a poo poo what minority voters think unless they can use them as a cudgel in some 'WHAT ABOUT THIS PERSON'S PROBLEM WITH THE MINORITIES' story.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Every Bernie supporter I know is planning to vote for Hillary if and when (let's be real, it's when) she wins the nomination. A bunch of weird Redditors are not indicative of milliions of voters.

This but the exact opposite. I guess we'll see in November!

Whilst farting I
Apr 25, 2006

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

while that's true, sanders excites the youth vote almost as much as obama did. clinton on the other hand does terribly with the youth vote, so that'll mean a lower turnout in her favor

i dunno whether that'll be enough to swing a state or an election but it's not insignificant imo

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like the projection for Dems is 500,000 or so, is that likely?

Haha Hillary said first Corinthians. What a dope, everybody knows it's One Corinthians

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind

Mitt Romney posted:

Best speech by Clinton so far this year, and I've seen a lot of em.

so you're saying bernie is the best speechwriter? maybe she should hire him. guy seems pretty fire rn.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zoran posted:

I thought I was being realistic by picking Clinton +26 in the Bernie thread. lol

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I think it's genuinely hilarious that people seemed to just forget black people have extremely positive views of the Clintons for that whole 'decades of working in their communities' thingie that apparently Bernie was going to tear to rubble by swooping in and spending three months saying 'yea these are bad but have you heard about wall street?'

I don't think anyone expected Sanders to win the black vote, but 96-3 among over 65 black voters is loving insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Millstone posted:

what the gently caress is this

a really good speech.

• Locked thread