Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the SC primary?
Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Martin O'Malley
Willie Wilson
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Bad Caller posted:

She's doing awful with millenials.

According to exit polls she only lost 17-29 year olds by 8%, 54-46. I expected worse, honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

The thing is, Bernie has done well against Hillary so far(and I am a Bernie supporter), but this is far from Hillary's final form. She is really good at politics, has every connection you could want, all the money in the world, can cut a really loving good speech when she wants to, and has the capacity to gut someone in a debate.
Trump can't handle her in an even fight, let alone with his own party collapsing around him.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

Sanders supporters would rather repost The Intercept all day long.

Greenwald and the intercept are hilarious to me. Snowden leaks poo poo about the NSA they cry everyone needs privacy. Someone leaks Sony's emails and they can't stop reading them all day.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

Joementum posted:

Note that Hillary has been talking for ten minutes now about Wall Street corruption and the need to prosecute it.

I think that's pretty cool. Bernie doesn't get his 100% achievement, but he does get the 80% at least. Also, he keeps sounding pretty uninterested in foreign policy and the such, so I think he would be actually pretty bored in the job. He's clearly much more of an activist, and spending his time on this and building up a coherent left wing seems like a much better use of it.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

EugeneJ posted:

I have some bad news

Hillary Clinton has a white people problem.

When she picks a veep for her ticket, she has to pick someone who fires up white voters; someone who can inspire confidence and say gently caress you to Trump's face.

Someone who can show the nation that Democrats, not Trump, are Israel's greatest ally. Someone with balls, who has a working relation with the Clintons and Obama. Someone

like Rahmbo.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Zoran posted:

Bernie thread
They should rename that place to the Swamps of Sadness after tonight.

Leonard Ghostal
Apr 26, 2006
bernie should start campaigning to repeal the 14th amendment since this whole pro civil rights thing obviously doesn't work

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

My Imaginary GF posted:

When she picks a veep for her ticket, she has to pick someone who fires up white voters; someone who can inspire confidence and say gently caress you to Trump's face.

Someone who can show the nation that Democrats, not Trump, are Israel's greatest ally. Someone with balls, who has a working relation with the Clintons and Obama. Someone

like Rahmbo.

The quintessential MIGF post

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

lamentable dustman posted:

The Young Turks salty tears are great

I have them talking on headphones and a conservative in the room both basically making the same over the top disgusted comments at Hillary in real time. Its genuinely one of the funniest things I've experienced in a long time.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

I can't say what the people who are supporting Bernie who I know of will do during the general election because one of them is Canadian and the other one is a Republican who switched parties.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
/r/sandersforpresident updates:

quote:

Canceled my subscriptions to Tidal Hi-Fi, Google Play Music, cut out wine and beer of my budget for the month, and donated ANOTHER $35 after ABHORRENT coverage from CNN on Bernie and Hillary's word-for-word copying of Bernie's speeches and call to grassroots action.
STANDSTRONGER

quote:

I saw the glee they had on CNN and MSNBC about Bernie losing and it disgusted me. Corporate media backing their puppet. I am so mad that I took almost half of my student loan this year and maxed out my primary and generally election contributions to Bernie. I've done my $5,400. Match me please and don't let this be in vain. We need this. I was never going to be able to pay these loans off or get a job after graduation and I know it is even more true if Bernie does not win. Hillary declaring victory when only 2% of the votes are in solidifies this for me. Get on Act Blue now and follow me.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Willy Wilson up 130 votes on MO'M

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

meristem posted:

Also, he keeps sounding pretty uninterested in foreign policy and the such, so I think he would be actually pretty bored in the job.

Exactly why I'm glad Senator Professor Fauxcahontas is happy sitting on the banking committee and raising hell, rather than engaging in this business.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

My Imaginary GF posted:

like Rahmbo.

Hillary should pick someone who isn't a lovely mayor.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

euphemism posted:

where did hillary find this bernie stump speech

s4p is loving livid about this :lol:

On advertising, while Bernie did stop here in Missouri last week I haven't seen a single ad or gotten any mailers whereas I've gotten multiple Hillary mailers and see an ad of hers at least every couple of days. The Missouri primary is still a bit out, but Hillary is dominating the early stuff here.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012

Whilst farting I posted:

while that's true, sanders excites the youth vote almost as much as obama did. clinton on the other hand does terribly with the youth vote, so that'll mean a lower turnout in her favor

i dunno whether that'll be enough to swing a state or an election but it's not insignificant imo

I think it will be interesting too to see how Obama plays a role - he sounds very like he's going to be a very active campaigner as the race comes down to it, and I think that will be a big factor when he starts spinning his campaign mode near the end of the fight.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

JosefStalinator posted:

The quintessential MIGF post

Why the gently caress would Clinton need to pick Castro, when Trump drives down latino votes all by himself? gently caress that poo poo; Hillary needs to shore up her moderate and working class white vote. She needs a man with experience; someone who can stump the trump.

Give it a go, Hillary. Drop by Chicago after Tuesday so the media begins to float Rahm's name. Let the rumor mills take a course of their own.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Jesus

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Beforehand posted:

I think it will be interesting too to see how Obama plays a role - he sounds very like he's going to be a very active campaigner as the race comes down to it, and I think that will be a big factor when he starts spinning his campaign mode near the end of the fight.

I think Obama will be campaigning heavily for senate candidates too.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Reports coming in that Clinton has called the Sanders campaign personally and simply left a message saying "welcome to my house, bitch", updates as they come.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

I guess I'm not getting that 80-40 I was looking for. Still good.

Mitt Romney posted:

What the hell happened in SC? Yeah Clinton was always going to win there but even last week all the polls had +23 to +28.

Didn't Bernie just basically abandon SC after a minute since his speeches weren't just landing? Also, Cornell West and Killer Mike are really, really bad surrogates.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Concerned Citizen posted:

Hillary should pick someone who isn't a lovely mayor.

I agree, Hillary should not pick Sanders.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Good speech by Clinton.

this p much wraps it up though, sorry Reddit. 50%+ margin is huge

Can someone post the Hillary_Fucking_Reddit.gif? tia

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GrizzlyCow posted:

Didn't Bernie just basically abandon SC after a minute since his speeches weren't just landing? Also, Cornell West and Killer Mike are really, really bad surrogates.

But I thought all black people liked "the rap music" and killer mike sounds like a blackish name, why are they not voting for Bernie???????????

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

GrizzlyCow posted:

Killer Mike loving owns

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Man that's sad

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

My Imaginary GF posted:

Why the gently caress would Clinton need to pick Castro, when Trump drives down latino votes all by himself? gently caress that poo poo; Hillary needs to shore up her moderate and working class white vote. She needs a man with experience; someone who can stump the trump.

Give it a go, Hillary. Drop by Chicago after Tuesday so the media begins to float Rahm's name. Let the rumor mills take a course of their own.

But 3 of the 5 Latino voters in Nevada voted trump!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
lmao at Bernie getting crushed in South Carolina.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pOrWrh9xqM

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Killer Mike loving owns

he plays with white people

hes not OG

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

this_is_hard posted:

Can someone post the Hillary_Fucking_Reddit.gif? tia

http://i.imgur.com/FQX4ukH.gifv

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

JosefStalinator posted:

But I thought all black people liked "the rap music" and killer mike sounds like a blackish name, why are they not voting for Bernie???????????

Pretend I posted that long and good Twitter thing where a black activist from Texas explains why Sanders being able to campaign for the black vote with a conspiracy theorist named Killer Mike when Obama got put on blast over loving Common being at the white house is the ultimate white privilege and the fact he doesn't understand it speaks volumes.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Chris Matthews now comparing Clinton's rhetorical style to Trump's because nothing matters.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Hillary's chances in the general depend entirely on who the nominee is. If Rubio somehow wins the nomination cleanly - we will see a decisive win for the Republicans in November. If Trump is the nominee - Hillary will probably win in a landslide. Not only will you have minorities highly motivated to get out and vote, but you will have quite a few Republicans who just won't want to be the party of Trump, and they will stay home.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

JosefStalinator posted:

They probably didn't hear that Sanders walked with King enough.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
"Make America Whole Again" is gonna be a fantastic soundbite

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

Chris Matthews now comparing Clinton's rhetorical style to Trump's because nothing matters.

Eat the rich, execute every person who appears on television for the major networks

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

C-SPAN CALLER TIME AWWW YEAH

THE REASON WE ALL SHOW UP

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Joementum posted:

God that guy is a dumbass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Remember when Berniegoons were saying for months that Sanders was going to close the black vote?

• Locked thread