Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the SC primary?
Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Martin O'Malley
Willie Wilson
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

Omi-Polari posted:

Remember when Berniegoons were saying for months that Sanders was going to close the black vote?

Southern Negros are just hardheaded. Northern Negros are going to be different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Concerned Citizen posted:

I thought Killer Mike would bring it hope!

Did people really think he would though? I know I didn't.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Come the political revolution the people shall march on the streets of Washington!

But they can't get the gently caress out of their house to vote in a primary. Losers.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

I thought Killer Mike would bring it hope!

I'm having flashbacks to freep in 2008 when there were a bunch of people wondering when the PUMAs were going to show up and save us from Obama.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Omi-Polari posted:

Remember when Berniegoons were saying for months that Sanders was going to close the black vote?

To be fair, he did make it a lot closer overall, but yeah - anyone who thought he was going to catch up among the black vote was maybe expecting too much.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Bernie has closed within 50%!

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Narcissus1916 posted:

Come the political revolution the people shall march on the streets of Washington!

But they can't get the gently caress out of their house to vote in a primary. Losers.

Yes, because blaming voters, and not the poo poo-tier candidate, for their landslide loss is sure to win the next election.

drat fool.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Majorian posted:

To be fair, he did make it a lot closer overall, but yeah - anyone who thought he was going to catch up among the black vote was maybe expecting too much.

They're saying Hillary won like 83% of the black vote. On what planet is that "a lot closer?"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Bernie has closed within 50%!

Wrap it up Hillary you've played your hand too soon!

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Narcissus1916 posted:

Turns out you can't build a revolution on the "Netflix and chill" generation.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

They're saying Hillary won like 83% of the black vote. On what planet is that "a lot closer?"

Hillary will make a great President of South Carolina!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

Hillary will make a great President of South Carolina!

She won the white vote today too.

And black people do live in other parts of the country too IIRC.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

:stare:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, I enjoy Killer Mike but did Bernie supporters think he was Jay Z or Beyonce or something?

To be fair RTJ is way better than anything Jay has put out in forever

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What?!

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

Black youth vote was like 56-44 for Hillary in the first exit poll. That's a lot closer than the 65-25 national two weeks ago.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

:stare:

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

My Imaginary GF posted:

Yes, because blaming voters, and not the poo poo-tier candidate, for their landslide loss is sure to win the next election.

drat fool.

Millenials are a poo poo voting block

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Haha hoooly poo poo

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

She won the white vote today too.

Yes. South Carolina, who will for sure vote Democrat across the board for representation. Hillary won that.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Yes. South Carolina, who will for sure vote Democrat across the board for representation. Hillary won that.
Yes, let it flow

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bzWSJG93P8

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Bad Caller posted:

Here's to hoping she doesn't pull a Thatcher
I think Clinton should market herself as the Iron Bitch (Iron Lady is passe) and gently caress up Trump after she's done cleaning Bernie's clock.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

quote:

Come on guys! We can do it. I'm not eating for a week! Give $$$ for Sanders. We're only getting started. Lets all be thin and keep Bernie in it to win. Imagine the MSM reaction if Hillary wins and Bernie's moneybomb eclipses her!

quote:

To folks who are still scratching their butts over what happened, don't be surprised. Gallup polls show that Blacks have a higher turnout and are as conservative as Republicans on issues like homosexuality, SSM, and abortion, things that Bernie is openly passionate about. Most blacks don't follow the news from reliable sources. Many have never even been to reddit. Most blacks I know just listen to whatever their pastor says on sunday and they are bought and paid for by Clinton. So in essencen they are voting for their interests if only for these issues since she is indeed more conservative on them.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Despera posted:

Millenials are a poo poo voting block

Youth are a poo poo voting block. Always have been, always will be. That's why you campaign for their parents' vote, not theirs.

Sanders doesn't understand national politics; news at 11.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I hope these people never discover Star Citizen.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

I don't get it; I wanted Bernie and don't even like Hillary that much, but why are people pretending she's somehow a bad candidate? She's a loving hilariously powerful candidate. It's a real credit to Sanders that he made the impact against her that he did, even if she was clearly holding back so far.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Tatum Girlparts posted:

A hilarious combo of low turnout in some areas and high in usually ignored (spoiler: minority) ones, including record level black early voting numbers.

Turns out a long established ground game forged through decades of listening and outreach is actually really powerful... huh.

Whilst farting I posted:

while that's true, sanders excites the youth vote almost as much as obama did. clinton on the other hand does terribly with the youth vote, so that'll mean a lower turnout in her favor

i dunno whether that'll be enough to swing a state or an election but it's not insignificant imo

Except he doesn't as seen by the poo poo youth turnout. He excites a certain subsection of youth (and does amazing with them) but their dedication to going to rallies (and given how dedicated they are I presume those people are voting too) does not make up for the fact that when votes are tallied someone with one ultra-enthusiastic supporter gets trounced by someone with five mild supporters.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
We might have to play a round of 'Stormfront or /r/s4p'

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

To folks who are still scratching their butts over what happened, don't be surprised. Gallup polls show that Blacks have a higher turnout and are as conservative as Republicans on issues like homosexuality, SSM, and abortion, things that Bernie is openly passionate about. Most blacks don't follow the news from reliable sources. Many have never even been to reddit. Most blacks I know just listen to whatever their pastor says on sunday and they are bought and paid for by Clinton. So in essencen they are voting for their interests if only for these issues since she is indeed more conservative on them.
Loooool holy poo poo. I'm dying.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

GrimGypsy posted:

I don't get it; I wanted Bernie and don't even like Hillary that much, but why are people pretending she's somehow a bad candidate? She's a loving hilariously powerful candidate. It's a real credit to Sanders that he made the impact against her that he did, even if she was clearly holding back so far.

Because they are mentally ill and crave entitlements.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

This isn't saying that 99% of voters thought only Clinton could handle race relations, it's saying that of the 32% who believed that, 99% voted for her—which makes a lot of sense.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

i'm talking overall (nationally), not just south carolina.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

GrimGypsy posted:

Freakspotting normal people who have normal, balanced reactions isn't nearly as fun

Hop on the ride, it's gonna be a wild night friend :clint:

Zoran posted:

This isn't saying that 99% of voters thought only Clinton could handle race relations, it's saying that of the 32% who believed that, 99% voted for her—which makes a lot of sense.

Even between people who think they're both capable, she's winning by 30 points

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

GrimGypsy posted:

I'm in the same boat. Hell I'm still voting for Bernie on Tuesday. But I recognize that as long as Hillary wins in November the progressive movement will get a bit stronger as the years go on. Elizabeth Warren 2024 come on down!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Any doubts I may have about Hillary are more than compensated for by all the money she's raised/raising for downticket races because I consider that to be the most important thing on the line this cycle, after SCOTUS noms of course

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.

Zoran posted:

Yep, it's confusingly put together. The actual response to that question was: Only Clinton 35%, Only Sanders 9%, Both of them 50%, Neither 4%

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

never stop.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I'm in the same boat. Hell I'm still voting for Bernie on Tuesday. But I recognize that as long as Hillary wins in November the progressive movement will get a bit stronger as the years go on. Elizabeth Warren 2024 come on down!

I don't like Hillary at all but I'm firmly in the camp that electoral success for the more progressive party is a good thing that will help make Bernie's policy goals both more mainstream and more achievable. :unsmith:

e: it won't be Warren though, both because of her age in 2024 and because I just don't think she wants it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Gallup polls show that Blacks have a higher turnout and are as conservative as Republicans on issues like homosexuality, SSM, and abortion, things that Bernie is openly passionate about. Most blacks don't follow the news from reliable sources. Many have never even been to reddit.
well this has to be a joke right

hey just incidentally, according to the green papers tracker
http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P16/SC-D
bernie is benefiting from the rounding math. he's only rounding down in 3 districts and the 5 he's rounding up are on average twice as far from the number they're rounding to as the 3 districts that are rounding down

for what that's worth*

*nothing sry

• Locked thread