Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

The Thanos-copter...pretty top tier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Die Laughing posted:

Joking aside, what is everyone's favorite comic book weapon/item/artifact? Cap's shield? Thor's hammer? The cosmic cube? Doom's time travel platform? The Infinity Gauntlet is a pretty obvious choice, but I'm also a big fan of the Mother Box.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I didn't know Wayne Enterprises manufactured Axe.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Even though the character was boring, I thought that Aqualad's magic water sword things in Young Justice were a really cool concept.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Squizzle posted:

It also made it into JLU, in a slightly modified form!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPkvcTEqq4U

The prices on these tomatoes are positively monstrous!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I was a big fan of Aquaman's cybernetic hook thing from 1995.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I don't typically think of it as 'equipment,' more of a 'costume element,' but when you think about it Cyclops' visor fits the bill, and it's pretty drat classic.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I don't typically think of it as 'equipment,' more of a 'costume element,' but when you think about it Cyclops' visor fits the bill, and it's pretty drat classic.

It's classic, but it's not fun. I want the crowbar from the Wrecking Crew. It's a basic tool empowered with Asgardian magic, on accident.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The cosmic cube is more fun than the infinity gauntlet to me because it keeps backfiring and turning sentient and all kinds of weird poo poo like that. It's the ultimate prize and yet it's also a crapshoot.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Skwirl posted:

It's classic, but it's not fun. I want the crowbar from the Wrecking Crew. It's a basic tool empowered with Asgardian magic, on accident.

Ooo, good choice.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Triple combo!

I tried to name the more obvious ones in my initial post. Cyclops' visor, and Aquaman's hook are the more subtle things I was looking for.

The Wrecker's crowbar gets mad props from me. The character was created in this manic period in The Mighty Thor where Thor was banished from Asgard, and is manipulated by the Circus of Crime. The Wrecker is breaking into an apartment owned by Loki, and is accidentally the recipient of an enchantment from Karnilla. Sif's spirit is trapped in the Destroyer armor, and Thor gets beaten to death, but his spirit jumps back in his body. The whole period of Thor from like the late 140's to 170 or so are the craziest, most wonderful Kirby poo poo before he jumps to DC in the 70's.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

The Destroyer armor is another good option, actually - it's one of those great designs that looks great whether it's surrounded by Kirbyness or dropped into a more realistic 'modern' style.

This is a really hard question to pick a 'favorite' for. I keep thinking of more stuff I like, like the Madbomb and Doctor Strange's Cloak of Levitation and Arkon's Quiver O' Thunderbolts and Tim Drake's Collapsible Bo Staff and ROM's gear and Batman's Utility Belt and the Avengers' ID Card Communicators.

I think in the end I'm still sticking with Mister Miracle's Flying Discs, but drat.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Lurdiak posted:

The prices on these tomatoes are positively monstrous!

Hahaha, WHAT? Why are low-priced tomatoes monstrous?! Who doesn't like cheap tomatoes!

Anyway, back on topic, I've always been a fan of Juggernaut's bazooka from the Konami arcade game because, really, why does he even have that thing?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gavok posted:

Anyway, back on topic, I've always been a fan of Juggernaut's bazooka from the Konami arcade game because, really, why does he even have that thing?

I mean, it's nice to have a ranged option on your tank.

I kinda wanna see him have a bazooka-off with Angel from the cover of Uncanny X-men 1.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Aztek's helmet contains his suit, all of his abilities that stem from a "fourth-dimensional power source", and the wisdom/guidance/chutzpah(?) of everyone who's ever been Aztek.

Of course, you're also the figurehead of a cult that was bought out by Lex Luthor and could be blown up and replaced at any time, but whatever. Free flight and X-ray vision while it lasts!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

The Legion flight ring is a classic. Flash's ring containing his suit makes me happy every time it's referenced on the show.

EDIT: Haha. I've never seen those pages before. Whose run was that? I just had a nice chat with William Messner Loebs earlier today.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Feb 28, 2016

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Die Laughing posted:

The Legion flight ring is a classic. Flash's ring containing his suit makes me happy every time it's referenced on the show.

One of my favorite moments from Impulse

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Darkhawk could technically count as an object (it's a robot armor thing that the user lends consciousness to), and if you haven't wanted to be Darkhawk since 1991, I don't even know you.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm thinking of changing my answer to either Dr. Strange's cloak, or the Silver Surfer's surf board. Because while there's plenty of items that let people fly, those have to be the 2 most stylish.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Does THE POWER COSMIC count as an item? Because I want to change my answer to that.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Squizzle posted:

Darkhawk could technically count as an object (it's a robot armor thing that the user lends consciousness to), and if you haven't wanted to be Darkhawk since 1991, I don't even know you.

Isn't it a crystal or an amulet initially?

I've always been a fan of Doctor Octopus' arms. The way my dad described them to me as a child from his own childhood memories really caught my imagination. They're like the perfect foil to demonstrate Spidey's agility and spider sense.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Die Laughing posted:

Isn't it a crystal or an amulet initially?

I've always been a fan of Doctor Octopus' arms. The way my dad described them to me as a child from his own childhood memories really caught my imagination. They're like the perfect foil to demonstrate Spidey's agility and spider sense.

The amulet accesses the android body so sort of.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Die Laughing posted:

EDIT: Haha. I've never seen those pages before. Whose run was that? I just had a nice chat with William Messner Loebs earlier today.

Impulse 24 Waid and Ramos

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Squizzle posted:

Huh, I never realized it until just now, but Jaime Reyes is kind of a Darkhawk ripoff.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

WickedHate posted:

Huh, I never realized it until just now, but Jaime Reyes is kind of a Darkhawk ripoff.

The original Blue Beetle got his powers from the scarab too, also robot armor from mystical artifact is a pretty old trope.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Skwirl posted:

I'm thinking of changing my answer to either Dr. Strange's cloak, or the Silver Surfer's surf board. Because while there's plenty of items that let people fly, those have to be the 2 most stylish.

How has no one mentioned the Eye of Agamotto? Or, for that matter, the Gem of Cyttorak?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Chaos Hippy posted:

How has no one mentioned the Eye of Agamotto? Or, for that matter, the Gem of Cyttorak?

Eeeh, some other Exemplars have better powers. The Fearsome Fist of Farallah, Ringed Ruby of Raggadorr, and Wondrous Waterfall of Watoomb are all top-tier choices, imo.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I dunno, "I shall gaze into his being, with the all-seeing Eye of Agamotto" is super-fun to say in a silly wizard voice.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Gem of Cytorrak is cool but it clashes with my eyes.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Everyone calling it the Gem of Cyttorak makes me sad. It's the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak (or occasionally the Crimson Crystal of Cyttorak, depending), dammit! :colbert:

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
Spidey and Shocker having matching dune buggies is pretty cool.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Clamknuckle posted:

Spidey and Shocker having matching dune buggies is pretty cool.

Marvel Kart 64.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I like eating good food, so magic is a big no-go for me.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Everyone calling it the Gem of Cyttorak makes me sad. It's the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak (or occasionally the Crimson Crystal of Cyttorak, depending), dammit! :colbert:

There's also Crimson Bands of Cyttorak.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Crystal of Cyttorak is kinda cool, too, though you end up with a malevolent god riding your rear end if you're not going all Limp Bizkit all the time.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

There's also Crimson Bands of Cyttorak.

Yeah but that's a magic spell and not a power source for the Juggernaut. :)

You know what else is cool comics gear? Something fun, interesting, and wholly representative of an entire era of comics? Night Thrasher's Skateboard.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Shatterstar's sword! It has two blades. That's, like, double the sword.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

You know what else is cool comics gear? Something fun, interesting, and wholly representative of an entire era of comics? Night Thrasher's Skateboard.

Don't make me post that memo.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Don't make me post that memo.

You should, that memo is a treasure.

Seriously, though, that skateboard is quintessential '90s Comics. "It's a skateboard! With rockets! But also it's bulletproof and he can use it as a shield! Plus it has a big knife that pops out the front! So radical you guys"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

WickedHate posted:

I've never liked most of Kirby's New Gods designs but the N52 actually went a long way towards salvaging Orion and his harness' look.

Every day I'm more amazed at how terrible your opinions are.