Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

I hope the citizens enjoy these changes, because they're the alpha and omega of all the development efforts they're going to see in the PTU this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Scruffpuff posted:

I hope the citizens enjoy these changes, because they're the alpha and omega of all the development efforts they're going to see in the PTU this year.

They are slowly killing what little of a game there is and I love them for it.
I hope they never stop making decisions like these.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

"...or candy for my van"!

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

peter gabriel posted:

Yes the game is so boring I am trying out other game modes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuIlttyf_N0

No, it did not go well

Hahaha Forza Citizen. "I can't believe I'm watching this!" Great music as always.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/319972/ship-proposal-the-monitor

The first reply

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

peter gabriel posted:

They are slowly killing what little of a game there is and I love them for it.
I hope they never stop making decisions like these.

In all seriousness, in many ways these changes aren't even really decisions - the decision is really made for them by their ineptitude - it's like when a BioWare game gives you multiple conversation choices that all wind up railroading you down the same intended plot path. If they want to release patches to keep up appearances, they have no choice but to do it the way they're doing it. They can't fix most of the bugs, because the engine is broken beyond repair. They can't tease Star Marine any more, because Chris Roberts. They can't tease SQ42, because nobody gives a poo poo. There's really not much more they can do with the poo poo sandwich in front of them, so now it's just a matter of distracting us from the smell. These little additions are the kinds of changes you can still make, even to a buggy game, because they're just bolted onto what's already there. All kinds of bullshit can, and probably will, come out this year - maybe a "lives" system, perhaps some kind of minimally persistent inventory, maybe being able to buy soda from the machines, or a new kind of gun. All things that have nothing to do with fixing the basic extraordinarily broken foundation, but just stacking more and more on top of it.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ComfyPants posted:

Hahaha Forza Citizen. "I can't believe I'm watching this!" Great music as always.

Yes! Tonight I discovered the voice over for racing and I love that guy. Like sarcastic 'Landing succseffullf' lady he sounds like he is mocking the others when you play it like I do

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Scruffpuff posted:

In all seriousness, in many ways these changes aren't even really decisions - the decision is really made for them by their ineptitude - it's like when a BioWare game gives you multiple conversation choices that all wind up railroading you down the same intended plot path. If they want to release patches to keep up appearances, they have no choice but to do it the way they're doing it. They can't fix most of the bugs, because the engine is broken beyond repair. They can't tease Star Marine any more, because Chris Roberts. They can't tease SQ42, because nobody gives a poo poo. There's really not much more they can do with the poo poo sandwich in front of them, so now it's just a matter of distracting us from the smell. These little additions are the kinds of changes you can still make, even to a buggy game, because they're just bolted onto what's already there. All kinds of bullshit can, and probably will, come out this year - maybe a "lives" system, perhaps some kind of minimally persistent inventory, maybe being able to buy soda from the machines, or a new kind of gun. All things that have nothing to do with fixing the basic extraordinarily broken foundation, but just stacking more and more on top of it.

You sound like a 'glass is half empty' kind of guy, maybe everything will work out fine in the end?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
The Cult of Sunk Cost

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

I don't get how these people think the games industry hasn't changed in the 20 years since croberts was last relevant, the mind boggles :psyduck:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/47vx70/ignore_chrisrobertsrsi_twitter_account/?sort=new

loving :owned:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Some times I wonder what team meetings are like at RSI, but I'm pretty sure they must ask end with "okay guys great meeting, don't forget your NDAs. REMEMBER YOUR loving NDAS."

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014
Posting from the past:

Klyith posted:

I've posted about this before, but it's nothing to do with being industry shills or whatever. I don't think anyone's scared of losing access to Chris Roberts and star citizen. They're scared of being wrong on a big call like that because the blowback is real. Gamers are babies and hold weird grudges for stuff like that. To report on what's going on inside CIG, they either need an insider who will go on record, or they need to wait for the fat lady to sing. A post-mortem expose about how poo poo went down is safe.

Also, games are very frequently on fire while they're in development. Doesn't always mean they'll be terrible games. Game journos and industry vets have seen plenty of train wrecks, sometimes it results in a crazy collapse and sometimes the train miraculously puts itself back together and pulls into the station.

Someone on here had mentioned a game with one of the more memorable development cases I've read, Titanfall. It was basically a complete trainwreck in late 2012/early 2013 or so, the Activision lawsuit against Respawn tanked productivity with all the stress it generated, the co-founders were constantly arguing with each other and the rest of the staff at times, people were leaving over it, people were threatening to leave over proposed changes they thought of to try making it to release, and at one point they actually ran out of money and had to ask EA for more and hope they wouldn't alter the deal too much. At that point the average person would probably conclude that Respawn would end up crashing and burning.

14 months later they managed to get their poo poo together, actually manage to produce a decent enough game despite all the past problems, even re-acquire some of the people that left once the lawsuit went away and got a solid path to an actual released game, and got lucky enough for EA to actually not alter the deal too much beyond the first game becoming a Microsoft exclusive.

Granted I don't think Star Citizen's going make that kind of miraculous recovery, but I can definitely see where some people who don't try reading thousands of posts might think it has a chance of making it despite the issues (and thus don't want to publish anything with a hard opinion lest they turn out to be wrong)

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

LOL these people are insane. Apparently blocking a subforum with like a million threads is somehow an attempt to prevent dumb cultist shitizens from reading this specific thread as if any of us care if our posts are read.

Lord Kinbote
Feb 27, 2016
Jesus Christ Ben has ballooned since I last payed attention to this game which was a year ago.He may be a liar but I really hope he gets the help he needs.I seen the Sandi stuffing her face and teasing Ben with doughnuts gifs and youtube on here.what kind of person does that,seriously?Sandi is pure poison.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

kordansk posted:

LOL these people are insane. Apparently blocking a subforum with like a million threads is somehow an attempt to prevent dumb cultist shitizens from reading this specific thread as if any of us care if our posts are read.

skimming through that thread it seems like a lot of people are under the impression that every thread and poster on SA is devoted to star citizen being bad.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
These are the people who figured out my in game name by looking at my in game name, not much gets past them

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

SA has 200k users and all of them read this thread apparently.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/320187/beware-the-real-enemy-in-sc

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Apocadall posted:

SA has 200k users and all of them read this thread apparently.

I believe they got this right

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i registered in 2002 just to ruin star citizen

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

how do these people have the money necessary to play this game? they all seem like theyre 10

Lord Kinbote
Feb 27, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

These are the people who figured out my in game name by looking at my in game name, not much gets past them

I love your videos especially your choice of music.

o9 commando.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

we're the pathetic ones for bashing SC, unlike those cool dudes that spent money on the game

starkebn
May 18, 2004

starkebn posted:

Some times I wonder what team meetings are like at RSI, but I'm pretty sure they must ask end with "okay guys great meeting, don't forget your NDAs. REMEMBER YOUR loving NDAS."

EightAce I need confirmation

Lord Kinbote
Feb 27, 2016

Justin Tyme posted:

we're the pathetic ones for bashing SC, unlike those cool dudes that spent money on the game

I hear a lot of stuff like "you have to be a retard to pay 5 dollars to shitpost on a forum" and its coming from the guy who payed 500 dollars or more on non existant autism chariots.

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe
IMO, Sandi is a narcissist, plain and simple. I mean that as a psychological condition and not as an insult.

Look at the video with her eating Tim-Tams right in front of Ben Lesnick. After that happened and the comments in this thread, I would guess someone at CIG spoke to her and basically said 'that's not cool. You should stop doing that' Maybe it was Chris himself who spoke to her, because he's probably the only one who would dare. Because a narcissist believes themselves to be perfect, they genuinely believe that they can do no wrong, so in Sandi's eyes, even suggesting she did something bad was an insult and probably caused an outburst of 'narcissistic rage' until her accuser backed down.

And what do we see in the next video? Sandi eating pizza right over Ben's head, because she needed to re-affirm to the World that she can do no wrong and is perfect (and teach her accuser a lesson into the bargain).

I'll bet that when she looks in the mirror, she actually does see that old twitter picture looking back at her.

And for anyone at CIG who sees this post - When you're at home, away from the prying eyes of your employers and safely using your own equipment, google 'Narcissism' and read up on it. Then next time you're (unfortunately) exposed to Sandi, mentally compare what you read with what you see.

Ponzi fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Feb 28, 2016

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

i registered in 2002 just to ruin star citizen

The long con to beat all long cons (especially CRobber's).

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Maybe I even ruined freelancer :getin:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/320071/truly-livable-ship-interior

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Well I mean given that SA was started as an EVE corp, why wouldn't we all be dedicated to stopping Star Citizen?

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Lord Kinbote posted:

I hear a lot of stuff like "you have to be a retard to pay 5 dollars to shitpost on a forum" and its coming from the guy who payed 500 dollars or more on non existant autism chariots.

You also basically have to pay $5 to post at the RSI forums anyway, since non-backer accounts are relegated to the "introduce yourself" subforum, and the cheapest thing you can buy to access to the rest of the forums there is a $5 ship skin or 5,000 UEC.

It's that extra fiver that makes us all morons, apparently.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Ponzi posted:

IMO, Sandi is a narcissist, plain and simple. I mean that as a psychological condition and not as an insult.

Look at the video with her eating Tim-Tams right in front of Ben Lesnick. After that happened and the comments in this thread, I would guess someone at CIG spoke to her and basically said 'that's not cool. You should stop doing that' Maybe it was Chris himself who spoke to her, because he's probably the only one who would dare. Because a narcissist believes themselves to be perfect, they genuinely believe that they can do no wrong, so in Sandi's eyes, even suggesting she did something bad was an insult and probably caused an outburst of 'narcissistic rage' until her accuser backed down.

And what do we see in the next video? Sandi eating pizza right over Ben's head, because she needed to re-affirm to the World that she can do no wrong and is perfect (and teach her accuser a lesson into the bargain).

I'll bet that when she looks in the mirror, she actually does she that old twitter picture looking back at her.

And for anyone at CIG who sees this post - When you're at home, away from the prying eyes of your employers and safely using your own equipment, google 'Narcissism' and read up on it. Then next time you're (unfortunately) exposed to Sandi, mentally compared what you read with what you see.

Its true

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

zcrow posted:

I wish I had time to do this better, but effort

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

A Neurotic Jew posted:

whales voting against new ships...does not bode well.

An update on that poll

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:commissar:

peter gabriel posted:

I dunno, I only paid like $30 or something and they are putting all my changes in :laugh:
:boom:

fuctifino posted:

I used to look on all cult members, regardless of the cult, as victims. This has changed completely after witnessing so much toxicity from the SC backers. Scientology has heavy indoctrination and policies are set in place to handle dissent. They attack critics without defending the attacks, and will go to any length to silence dissent. This is because they are a) ordered to do this and b) brainwashed into doing it.

With Shitizens, there is no real cult indoctrination. There are no policies set in place to, for example, attack elderly stage 4 cancer patients calling for them to die.... They choose to do this off their own backs

I have absolutely no sympathy or empathy for these fuckers, and they really do deserve everything they get.

I'm just glad I'm able to witness the shitshow as it collapses :)
:agreed:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

I agree with voodoo.child that there will be a lot of lessons learned from this project.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6413669/#Comment_6413669

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Mirificus posted:

I agree with voodoo.child that there will be a lot of lessons learned from this project.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6413669/#Comment_6413669

Oh, I'm sure college and university courses will be talking about Star Citizen for many decades to come... just not in the way the poster imagines.

:gary:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Man, it could make good material for psychology and sociology classes. Art history?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6414166/#Comment_6414166

• Locked thread