Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the SC primary?
Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Martin O'Malley
Willie Wilson
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Don't fret burnouts you guy might be losing by 50 points but he still got more votes in SC that Jeb! had in 3 states

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Goetta posted:

It is probably not good I think

Well maybe if all those Bernie Bros actually got off their rear end and showed up turnout wouldn't be so low!

Mr. Boogie
Apr 1, 2013

Is a meat patty something or nothing?

Concerned Citizen posted:

Bernie is currently doing worse than Alvin Greene in 2010.

DeMint started the recession.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Well maybe if all those Bernie Bros actually got off their rear end and showed up turnout wouldn't be so low!

It's Hillary's fault Bernie supporters didn't show up.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
And here come the attacks on Clinton in Sanders' speech. Surely he's learned he can't make any more ground attacking Clinton.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

This looks like good news for Hillary in the general!

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
nate retweeted this

https://twitter.com/FiveThirtyEight/status/618774217857835010

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Bernie is currently doing worse than Alvin Greene in 2010.

Because Greene was a veteran and had a less controversial record than Bernie Sanders.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

Mitt Romney posted:

I meant in Sanders speech. He typically attacks her a lot.

:shrug: He's probably positioning himself as the best to take on the GOP in November, angling for the pragmatic/realist vote. Or he figured that he can't win, so he's trying not to damage Clinton in the general.

Mitt Romney posted:

And here come the attacks on Clinton in Sanders' speech. Surely he's learned he can't make any more ground attacking Clinton.

oh!

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Speaking of, I really want to get data on minority turnout for the GE. I think that without Obama on the ticket we won't reach 2008/2012 levels, but given that Obama is going to be politically active for the next 6-8 presidential elections this one might provide a new baseline for what we can expect. Higher than 2004, lower than 2008 probably.

the nonwhite % of the vote has been increasing pretty consistently since 1992, with no dramatic change in slope for the obama elections

as far as turnout you can see a jump in black turnout in 08 but if 12% of the population increases its turnout by 4% that doesn't make a huge impression compared to the 20+ year trend of the voting public getting less and less white by a few % between every presidential election. note the midterm turnout drop

here's a companion graph with the 2012 numbers and some older presidential races - also with asians

i think it's not unreasonable to suggest that black turnout could drop below white turnout (although obama will be campaigning hard this year unless his approval ratings crater), but it's also not unreasonable to suggest that it won't, considering the increase from 2008 to 2012 came as a surprise to most. and with trump as a nominee i just have to think that hispanic turnout will increase. call it a hunch

edit: on the other hand, while people love to say that republicans are turnout-bots who never don't show up, i think they had some morale problems in the last two elections. and since most whites are republicans, a drop in republican turnout will show up in that white turnout line. if trump energizes them to a degree that mccain and romney couldn't, that trend could reverse itself. or perhaps he just moves the demoralization from one side of the republican coalition to the other. we shall see

but while you might be right that minority turnout will decrease, i think the underlying demographic changes in america will result in a continuation of the 20 year trend where the white % of the presidential vote decreases by 2-3% every time

oystertoadfish has issued a correction as of 04:05 on Feb 28, 2016

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Yoshifan823 posted:

Think of it as the Hummer of streaming services.

But...

How does that even work?

When I think 'hummer,' I think of that yellow shitheap from Better Call Saul

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

My Imaginary GF posted:

But...

How does that even work?

Yea you got it

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

My Imaginary GF posted:

But...

How does that even work?

You know who's a bigger mark than people who listen to RWM radio? Audiophiles

This is aside from the baseline expectation of paying 2,000%+ markup on cables. Good money in the market if you have a heat gun and can order parts from radio shack tho

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Yoshifan823 posted:

Yeah, but what percentage of America wouldn't? It's really lovely to say, but the most politically expedient thing for her to do is to not be divorced.

Yeah sadly. We live in a hosed up world.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.
Oh right there's a primary tonight I wonder how Bernie di-:asoiaf:

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

The GOP is excited! What can I say? We're excited !Its time to start winning again!

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea you got it

But...

why....

What, can I get a shitastic mic and an old phonograph/wax cylinder player, hook the mic up to the internet, and offer a "lossless stream of authentic sound quality played individually for you, sound which will be slightly different each time so that each time you play a song it'll be like hearing it for the first time"

and aparently bernouts will pay me monthly for this?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

My Imaginary GF posted:

But...

why....

What, can I get a shitastic mic and an old phonograph/wax cylinder player, hook the mic up to the internet, and offer a "lossless stream of authentic sound quality played individually for you, sound which will be slightly different each time so that each time you play a song it'll be like hearing it for the first time"

http://www.lessloss.com/dfpc-series-p-213.html

And there's a thousand more companies like this, and there's room in the market for them. If you want money, bilk audiophiles

edit - can't believe I didn't include tube amps http://www.cnet.com/news/even-at-4000-this-tube-amplifier-is-a-remarkable-value/

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

My Imaginary GF posted:

But...

why....

Not you.

But they'll give Jay z some money.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
why

why is this a thing?

That sounds so loving stupid. Just get a loving hearing aid instead of wasting so much cash on poo poo you can't tell the difference between, like Clinton and Sanders.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

If you want money, bilk audiophiles

This is Bernie's plan for when millenials run out of allowance and financial aid money.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

painstakingly formatted final (?) results from here http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P16/SC-D with a sanders % column added (calculated) and also the black % of the total (not just democratic primary voters, which can't be known) population per district from here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L0xEuvQ0wrFnZ2qhU4PnGOFQXrf2w0eMnYod4QFkJhY/edit#gid=1711853669
pre:
	Pop Vt  Qual Vt Del     Pop Vt  Alloc   Del     Pop Vt   Alloc  Del     Sand %       Black %
CD1	54,408	54,122	5	35,430	3.273	3	18,692	1.727	2	34.53678726  18
CD2	51,145	50,912	5	35,353	3.472	3	15,559	1.528	2	30.56057511  23
CD3	33,646	33,393	3	23,732	2.132	2	9,661	0.868	1	28.93121313  18
CD4	38,315	38,169	4	24,968	2.617	3	13,201	1.383	1	34.58565852  19
CD5	47,339	47,078	5	35,965	3.82	4	11,113	1.18	1	23.60550576  27
CD6	86,146	85,619	8	71,525	6.683	7	14,094	1.317	1	16.46129948  56
CD7	50,853	50,602	5	38,791	3.833	4	11,811	1.167	1	23.34097467  29
PLEO	361,852	359,895	7	265,764	5.169	5	94,131	1.831	2	26.15512858
At-Lrg	361,852	359,895	11	265,764	8.123	8	94,131	2.877	3	26.15512858
Total			53			39			14	
Delegates										
so sanders broke the 15% threshold in all the districts - even in the gerrymandered black vote sink of SC-06 - and came out of this with 14 delegates. that's what matters technically, but as always in this process the actual delegates awarded in these small early states are going to end up being a rounding error, and the momentum that comes out of the overall story is the real issue here. and i don't need to tell anyone that sanders got his rear end kicked in that fight

edit: district map for reference

here are some graphs i hope they help

oystertoadfish has issued a correction as of 04:34 on Feb 28, 2016

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
Hillary is going to be the nominee.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
this guy figured out how to break down the demographic barrier.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Yes, that's what everyone has known for years now.

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx

That's all she will ever be :smug:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Bold prediction.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Remember that year the Patriots went undefeated but still lost the Super Bowl

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
TRUMP.PRES | ~(CLINTON.D & TRUMP.R)
= TRUMP.PRES | ~CLINTON.D | ~TRUMP.R

One of each=

CLINTON.D No @ 0.15
TRUMP.R No @ 0.25
TRUMP.PRES Yes @ 0.40

Total contract price: 0.80

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

EugeneJ posted:

Every night I wake up screaming because of it.

Also I hate you.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

EugeneJ posted:

Bernie can throw the ball, but the Democrats have to catch it.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Not sure if this has been posted here yet, but here's an article on Bernie's attempts at reaching the black vote in SC: https://www.yahoo.com/politics/how-hillary-clinton-won-the-battle-for-the-black-205650975.html

quote:

“One of my experiences that I think I won’t forget for a long time is a call that I got from the Sanders campaign. This person that called asked me was I voting for Sen. Sanders. I said no. I was voting for Secretary Clinton. The phone went silent for a little bit,” Scott recounted. “You could hear this person struggling to come up with what they’re going to say next. … They call that a real pregnant pause, nine months’ worth of pregnant pause. And he finally came back and he says to me, ‘You know, Senator Sanders is for welfare.’”

:stare:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Joementum posted:

Bernie can throw the ball, but the Democrats have to catch it.

No that's the other game. Oh god why

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

HorseRenoir posted:

Not sure if this has been posted here yet, but here's an article on Bernie's attempts at reaching the black vote in SC: https://www.yahoo.com/politics/how-hillary-clinton-won-the-battle-for-the-black-205650975.html

so good

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

HorseRenoir posted:

lmao

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

HorseRenoir posted:

lol to this and lol to the picture in the article, it totally looks like she's giving the heil Hitler salute.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

HorseRenoir posted:

No, they just don't know him, that's all!

And they're anti-semitic.

And they just want the free stuff Hillary has promised them that Bernie hasn't. What Clinton is promising them that Bernie isn't is naturally never elaborated on.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

HorseRenoir posted:

Holy poo poo

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Maybe recruiting on reddit for phonebankers isn't the best of ideas....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Amused to Death posted:

lol to this and lol to the picture in the article, it totally looks like she's giving the heil Hitler salute.

• Locked thread