Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Rivv posted:

Channel went down before I could switch channels, and character doesn't show up on any other channels. Creating a character throws a server error, so no alts.

The universe is telling me to take a nap, I guess.

Enjoy your nap, happened to me during beta and I just went to bed, woke up and all was well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

lewtt posted:

So here's Seal Team 96:
ohsosad
kojicolnair
alexander delarge
tadders
LumberingTroll
Stanleypain
markkei
dirtyfalcon
redtonic
kimsemus
fat and useless
bored grunt
kiffetastic
dancingshade - Mostly Harmless
stormgale
sirbuddha
mikesaysno
taran
kalstrams
amergin
beo
codekeeper
appliedphilosophy
Mirk
Lewtt

ADDED:
Orty
Kyuzo
RunandGun
Dunkan - Dunkah
Killtrash - Aleeni Malac
Dryzen
Quake
Von Bonez

Rivv
Jul 13, 2005
Everything I do is motivated by stupidity
Did anyone else's character get ported to the Orwen server?

Edit: $100 head start totally worth it so far

Rivv fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Feb 28, 2016

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

100 Dollars

Rivv
Jul 13, 2005
Everything I do is motivated by stupidity
This is turning into a shitshow

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/24492-na-server-character-placement-issue/&page=1

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
:20bux: :20bux: :20bux: :20bux: :20bux:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Drinkfist posted:

100 Dollars

$140 here, drat Canadian dollar :argh:

I hope the character creation on Serendiah will come back when the server is recovered.

This is also the only game I can think of ever that needs a UAC prompt to launch.

univbee fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Feb 28, 2016

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

edit: nevermind i'm too dumb to read

Sloppy Milkshake fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Feb 28, 2016

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

univbee posted:

$140 here, drat Canadian dollar :argh:

I hope the character creation on Serendiah will come back when the server is recovered.

You loving spergs spent an incredible amount of money on what was guaranteed to be snake oil. Past the 50 Dollar pack there was literally no bonuses worth the extra 50 dollars. They don't even give you enough currency to buy a loving ghille suit and had to have a special sale just so you could afford a single vanity costume. You would have easily gotten more bang for your buck had you bought the 30 dollar pack and then spent 70 dollars on pearls for the cash shop. But no. You fucks wanted to get in a few days early to catch what was and always happens at mmo launches, the mmo launch day cancer.

Thanks for being overglorified paying testers to make sure the game is working before I get in. I totally appreciate it. Dumbasses.

I literally told you so.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
But its a leap year so you get that extra day for FREE. Not spending the $100 would be like stealing from yourself

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

quote:

We are still exploring the best solution for the current problem and what would have the smallest impact on everyone's experience /playtime.
Wipe is almost off the table because it can not be done immediately (without long down time). It is possible that we are able to transfer characters stranded on wrong server later, but this is not confirmed.

If someone decides to re-roll and is worried about the reserved character name, we will likely be able to fix that later. Just create a new character and don't delete the old one for now.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I'd like to give this a go, would it be possible to get a trial code?

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
A MMO game launch doesn't go as expected?! :stare:

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Angrymog posted:

I'd like to give this a go, would it be possible to get a trial code?

they won't be available until the third i think

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

they won't be available until the third i think

That's cool.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

So do the instances on a server act as separate servers or can we freely move between once they unfuck things?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Drinkfist posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3625389&pagenumber=40&perpage=40#post455199182

The 30 Buck pack comes with:

quote:

The Game ( All I want )
1 Guest Pass 7 Day. ( Worth nothing to me )

3 Housing Décor Coupons ( Useless )
3 Unknown Dye Boxes ( Garbage )
Appearance Change Coupon ( poo poo )
3 Partial Skill Resets ( Worthless )
Steel Toolset Package (All Will be broken by the first day.)

In-game title ( gently caress No )
Family Name Reservation ( Eh )
Character Name Reservation ( Jack poo poo )
Head Start (24hrs) ( Ok I am fine with this )
1 Additional Character Slot ( I don't do multi characters )

The 50 Buck pack has the above plus:

quote:

48 Hour Head Start and assorted additions to the junk above.
Tier 3 Horse ( Useful but easy to get in game )
Horse Whistle (Permanent) ( Extremely Useful )
Pet of choice ( Junk )

Unique Weapon Skin ( Total utter poo poo )

That 50 Buck pack essentially has you paying an additional 20 bucks to play the game one day earlier than the other pack and a horse whistle. The T3 Horse can be roped in game at your own pace and there starting quest chain gives you a free donkey and a free T1 Horse.

Now if you are a complete loving moron you will give them DOUBLE that and make it a cool 100 cheese and with that you get

quote:

All the garbage above
4 Day Head Start
Tier 5 Horse
Some cash shop currency (25$ worth)
The worst looking costume in the game

Which amounts to loving nothing after the game has been out for a few weeks. The cash shop costumes all look better than the preorder poo poo one and the whole deal amounts to no where close to being worth 50 bucks.

Get the 30 Dollar Pack if you have played in the closed beta or watched some streams and think this poo poo is your jam. If not just sit in MMOHMO when the game comes out and snag someone's guest pass.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

just lol if you think spending any money on a korea game is not stupid as hell

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ahahaha

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/24630-na-server-character-placement-issue-resolution/

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Good to see they hosed something up and aren't going to fix it, I really like to feel like I'm getting hosed when I play an MMO

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Eonwe posted:

Good to see they hosed something up and aren't going to fix it, I really like to feel like I'm getting hosed when I play an MMO

You're playing an MMO, what the hell else were you expecting?

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Drinkfist posted:

Now if you are a complete loving moron you will give them DOUBLE that and make it a cool 100 cheese and with that you get

Which amounts to loving nothing after the game has been out for a few weeks. The cash shop costumes all look better than the preorder poo poo one and the whole deal amounts to no where close to being worth 50 bucks.

Get the 30 Dollar Pack if you have played in the closed beta or watched some streams and think this poo poo is your jam. If not just sit in MMOHMO when the game comes out and snag someone's guest pass.

ah hahahahahahahahaha so if you bought the hundo option there's a good chance you paid a hundred bucks for actually nothing is is best game

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

univbee posted:

You're playing an MMO, what the hell else were you expecting?

Nothing I'm just glad they aren't breaking my expectations

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Eonwe posted:

Hsekiu posted:

Finally a concrete answer. This is what we wanted, even if it may not be exactly 100% what we want to hear. So thank you for telling us what is going on. I'm glad our pre-order items won't be affected.
:classiclol:

Jackard posted:

ha ha! you FOOL

Jackard fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Feb 28, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
thank you for making GBS threads in our mouths, im glad you decided not to call it poo poo , even though thats not exactly what I wanted for breakfast

Monster Mash
Sep 11, 2001

Refunding my pre-order yesterday was the best idea I've had in ages :getin:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

This thread is amazing. It's like the Fallout thread all over again

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer
So which server are we on now?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Drinkfist posted:

You loving spergs spent an incredible amount of money on what was guaranteed to be snake oil. Past the 50 Dollar pack there was literally no bonuses worth the extra 50 dollars. They don't even give you enough currency to buy a loving ghille suit and had to have a special sale just so you could afford a single vanity costume. You would have easily gotten more bang for your buck had you bought the 30 dollar pack and then spent 70 dollars on pearls for the cash shop. But no. You fucks wanted to get in a few days early to catch what was and always happens at mmo launches, the mmo launch day cancer.

Thanks for being overglorified paying testers to make sure the game is working before I get in. I totally appreciate it. Dumbasses.

I literally told you so.

that's pretty mean considering you're a money payer too

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
can you actually 'catch cancer'

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Pews posted:

So which server are we on now?

as i updated it in op, we are hoping to stay on Orwen / Balenos 2. not like we have much choice other than restarting all over again

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

lewtt posted:

as i updated it in op, we are hoping to stay on Orwen / Balenos 2. not like we have much choice other than restarting all over again

Oh so we all got transferred to the same server? Whats the big deal then?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Eonwe posted:

can you actually 'catch cancer'
Yes.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Is there really a difference besides Orwen being a dumb elf?

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Jackard posted:

Is there really a difference besides Orwen being a dumb elf?

not really. edan was the big boy server with the big boys and big boy tears but orwen is pretty chill too

Minsky
May 23, 2001

I hope these twitch streamers sperg up to 50 soon so I can see what the big deal about this game is. So far everyone is just sitting around grinding monsters like this is 2000 DAOC.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Well gently caress me for waking up at a reasonable time and creating a character on our original server.

Minsky posted:

I hope these twitch streamers sperg up to 50 soon so I can see what the big deal about this game is. So far everyone is just sitting around grinding monsters like this is 2000 DAOC.

The endgame is grinding mobs

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

lewtt posted:

Welp hope they give out free server transfers.

Kiffetastic
Aug 20, 2004

Oooooh Yeeeees!

Ok, so I DID create them on the right server after all, and got boned by this stupidity. I thought I was either retarded (still might be by going 100 deep on this) or deliriously tired and missing something.

Edit: Nevermind, now my characters are on Uno for some reason. What the crap. I can't even access the Uno servers without getting "Connection Failed"

This game.

Kiffetastic fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Feb 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Eltoasto posted:

The endgame is grinding mobs

I'm gonna assume if I hated almost everything about Archeage except the boats, I'm gonna hate this game