Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

SirBuddha posted:

didnt they say they will reimburse everyone that wants to rerolls rewards?

Except people on Edan right now were the people that went to the place they were supposed to go, they have no reason to help us at all. It's the people on Orwen that got screwed and will theoretically be able to transfer or re-claim items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirBuddha
Aug 20, 2006

Rivv posted:

I have not seen that, no.

I also hate that I've spent the entire day so far on Edan, this is so loving stupid already.

We will take measures to ensure that everyone is able to claim their pre-order items on the desired character, regardless of where they may have ended up due to this issue.
from CM jouska about the issue

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

SirBuddha posted:

so we going with orwen as OP states or people rerolling on edan?

Go where you want to go. Edan is guaranteed to be full of stupid guild drama. I'm not going to go through another Wildstar server debacle.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
tldr:

1. daum puts up servers
2. daum confuses the separate serendia instances; it is actually located on the orwen server when it is LISTED on the edan server
3. orwen serendia was actually ios serendia
4. we all get disconnected and find our characters on orwen
5. did a lovely poll of 20ish people currently on mumble to see if who wanted to go back and we decided orwen
6. the end

we're sticking here with 25/30 (so far) of the people that posted for headstart, so i'm gonna assume hyc is in his own solo/duo splinter

i never trusted the government anyway

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

there's a lot of discord right now

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bored Grunt
Nov 8, 2009

It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain
I stepped out for some lunch and came back to being kicked (no biggy) but did we confirm if there was a 24 hour cool down to get back in or not?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
all i know is that there will be guilds to make angry on orwen too, and the roleplaying community went there

so I think I have a lot of people to upset even if we aren't on the super try hard PvP server

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

BERGfu posted:

there's a lot of discord right now

:eyepop:

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012
I'm hopping on in a bit, family name is "MetaJoke". If there isn't room don't worry about it; I'll just hang out in mumble.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

I saved my $100 for toilet paper so i can poo poo all over this thread

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gerblederp posted:

its looking like a sound investment

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Gerblederp posted:

please have enough respect to 2-ply paper

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the toilet paper I mean

Rivv
Jul 13, 2005
Everything I do is motivated by stupidity

lewtt posted:

tldr:

1. daum puts up servers
2. daum confuses the separate serendia instances; it is actually located on the orwen server when it is LISTED on the edan server
3. orwen serendia was actually ios serendia
4. we all get disconnected and find our characters on orwen
5. did a lovely poll of 20ish people currently on mumble to see if who wanted to go back and we decided orwen
6. the end

we're sticking here with 25/30 (so far) of the people that posted for headstart, so i'm gonna assume hyc is in his own solo/duo splinter

i never trusted the government anyway

I've switched back to Orwen... this will be my third time doing Velia stuff again, hopefully the last for awhile.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Rivv posted:

I've switched back to Orwen... this will be my third time doing Velia stuff again, hopefully the last for awhile.

Honestly you can just play your character wherever then transfer after things settle

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Rivv posted:

How? Deleting takes 24 hours.

Rivv
Jul 13, 2005

Hy_C posted:

How? Deleting takes 24 hours.

I had a character on edan, it was moved to Orwen for me, CM_Jouska posted that we had to re-roll on Edan so I did and assumed everyone else was too.

Everyone else did not, so now I'm back on my original character that was moved to Orwen.

RunAndGun
Apr 30, 2011

Bored Grunt posted:

I stepped out for some lunch and came back to being kicked (no biggy) but did we confirm if there was a 24 hour cool down to get back in or not?

Yep there is. I tried to get back in, and they said they couldn't invite me back 'casue of the cool down...

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rivv posted:

I had a character on edan, it was moved to Orwen for me, CM_Jouska posted that we had to re-roll on Edan so I did and assumed everyone else was too.

Everyone else did not, so now I'm back on my original character that was moved to Orwen.

I roleld on Orwen, but it ended up making my character on Edan, so I had to re-roll on Orwen :D

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider
Alright, I'm rolling on Orwen

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Personally I think it'd be funnier for you guys to go to Edan

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lets play on both

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

ill let you into our secret mumble channel for 100 dollars

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face
so now we're on the Orwen RP server after I told all my friends to roll on Edan, great.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Ahahah so glad I didn't blow more than $30 on this poo poo. Reppin the $30 crew that gets to roll in once the dust settles and the $100 crew has splintered or quit.

Rivv
Jul 13, 2005
Everyone is pretty much on the same page now, so you guys are pretty much making GBS threads on nothing at this point

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

sinewave posted:

so now we're on the Orwen RP server after I told all my friends to roll on Edan, great.

Orwen has the greatest population too, servers are now locked for character creation.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
So they hosed up my $100 pack upgrade from the $50, I'm sure they'll get to my support email in a the next few days though to fix it so I can play early. :v:

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Rivv posted:

Everyone is pretty much on the same page now, so you guys are pretty much making GBS threads on nothing at this point

That's good!

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/24818-na-server-character-placement-issue/#comment-486959

quote:

Compensation:

Target:

• All users that created a character between 08:00 UTC - 12:00 UTC in either server (Edan, Orwen, Uno) and logged in via SERENDIA channel!

Compensation Items:

• 10x GM's Apology Tier 3 (1h)
--> Energy Recovery +1, Item Gain Chance +2,5%, Combat EXP +15%, Skill EXP +15%, Life EXP +15%, HP/MP Auto Recovery +15
• 1x Merv's Palette (7 days)
--> Lets you access all dye colors that are available on that palette and dye your equipped armor freely. If your armor is already dyed with regular colors, you will have to use Bleach first to neutralize that color. Colors will return to original status once the palette expired.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Ruggan posted:

That's good!

And still funny.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

7 day temporary dye lol why does that even exist in the first place

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

:homebrew:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pews posted:

7 day temporary dye lol why does that even exist in the first place

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
we're sorry we split up your guild, you can temporarily dye your armor and you get 10h with some slight XP buffs