Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

spidergoats posted:

Anyone who bought this instead of $100 of Star Citizen ships hosed up.
I did both. :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Where's that poopsocking grinding guide that was posted here forever ago?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
it is hidden under one hundo dollars in bills

Minsky
May 23, 2001

I tuned into a random streamer doing his first guild mission:

"Remains: 81 Minutes

Kill 4/1000 Giants"

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
that was probably a guild quest where everyone has to contribute

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Minsky posted:

I tuned into a random streamer doing his first guild mission:

"Remains: 81 Minutes

Kill 4/1000 Giants"

Yeah, the idea behind those is the whole guild has to kill giants and everyone gets a pretty big reward and the guild gets experience.

Are there any guild workshop/bank/housing things in? I heard of stuff like elephants but I thought that's all coming when the desert's coming.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Well I gotta say this game is very pretty if nothing else. Especially that big city.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Do we know if character transfer will be for a character or for a family? Need to make alts but don't want to end up having to transfer them separately to Orwen if need be.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

If some character sends you to other to talk before getting knowledge from them, and you've already met the sidekick before, it may imply that you have to gain 500+ amity with them,even if it is not stated so (for example, main priest in Calpheon).

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Is it still recommended to fill up your character slots at the start?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

kalstrams posted:

I did both. :smuggo:

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face

SweetBro posted:

Is it still recommended to fill up your character slots at the start?

yes

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Pews posted:

7 day temporary dye lol why does that even exist in the first place

Unabashed greed

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pews posted:

7 day temporary dye lol why does that even exist in the first place
If we look at Korean version, you either pray Allah for dye RNG or just buy dye subscription and paint the gently caress you want out of anything you want.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lol

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here
Any of you cuckolds want to start a group to grind out from Silver start? (I will go as long and hard until one of you loving die because you aren't made of NUTRIGRAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN)

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I'm taking an ice bath right now to cool down

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
I have no clue how the hell people bumrushed to 50 in 15 hours... I've been grinding most of today and had to pass out at 32. Getting too old for this poo poo.

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

Amergin posted:

I have no clue how the hell people bumrushed to 50 in 15 hours... I've been grinding most of today and had to pass out at 32. Getting too old for this poo poo.

Apparently being in a party makes the entire thing quite a lot better, as you get a maximum of -50% exp. (Considering you're in a group of 5 people, if everyone is pulling their weight you will get upwards of double EXP)

Which is why I want to start a group to level at Silver start tomorrow :getin:

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
orwen now has 40 out of 45 slots filled which was 10 more than said were B1GGBUXXing

the progress is pretty drat good though, despite the early morning fuckery. We had the entire guild out in the swampy forests, murdering pine and cedar to bless the lumbergod. We already have like 4mill $$$ headstart after first day

mushing around waiting for your energy to regen so you can hit a tree and not get the correct lumber was actually fun

anyway im out for the night

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Amergin posted:

It was funny to see a guy level 50 with less energy than my level 17 because he doesn't have any knowledge. I guess I will hope I can get transferred off to Orwen at some point then because the claimed items are still up in the air and I really don't want to start from scratch. Really enjoying the Sorc though, started to click around level 17.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I like how the "please wait 24 hours" for your claimed items thing suggests it's actually a manual transaction by a Daum database monkey.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Amergin posted:

Autism and poo poo buckets

and hot pockets

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Is the majority staying on the RP server? I believe it's Orwen or something.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Is the majority staying on the RP server? I believe it's Orwen or something.

yes

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

I wonder how they're going to handle people claiming multiple pre-order poo poo, it's obvious when you see people running around with more than 1 pet.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The Quake posted:

I wonder how they're going to handle people claiming multiple pre-order poo poo, it's obvious when you see people running around with more than 1 pet.

The same way every other MMO company does: Ignore the mistake completely and brush it under the carpet.

If you got extra, lucky you. Didn't? Sucks to be you.

I imagine most/all of us got diddly squat so far anyway given they can't manage database 101 :v:

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I just found videos of unofficial VR support, I can't wait to test this bad game on my Vive devkit.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Amergin posted:

8 hours.

DancingShade posted:

The same way every other MMO company does: Ignore the mistake completely and brush it under the carpet.

If you got extra, lucky you. Didn't? Sucks to be you.

I imagine most/all of us got diddly squat so far anyway given they can't manage database 101 :v:
And 25000 pearls?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

kalstrams posted:

And 25000 pearls?

Nothing that can't be solved by ignoring the problem entirely! Remember they're doing all this database poo poo by hand.

In other news, I snapped up a bunch of names I thought I might want later:

:v:

I'd have kept going except it's a bit hard to use your extra character slots when you know, you don't get them.

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

DancingShade posted:

I'd have kept going except it's a bit hard to use your extra character slots when you know, you don't get them.

Oh sweet it's

Harmless, Mostly
Harmless, Completely
Harmless, Probably
Harmless, Sincerely...

In all seriousness though gently caress the whole Family Name thing.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.

Amergin posted:

I passed out at 45 myself...because I right clicked the transmute and it deleted my +6 weapon(was trying to put a single gem in it). No idea how THAT bug happened. I plan to get on after maintenance and hit 50. We ran as a 3 man group for most of the day and were still on the growth leaderboards for most of it.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Any $30 plebs want to group up tomorrow night? Warrior.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
So is like anyone still on Edan, or did I miss the boat since I didn't check the thread?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Saradiart posted:

So is like anyone still on Edan, or did I miss the boat since I didn't check the thread?
Hy_C with his guild. So nobody.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I don't know how you guys posted 1k messages between the end of CBT2 and now but did I miss anything interesting? Patiently waiting on $30 peasant headstart.

MightyShadow
Oct 27, 2005
What server are EU goons playing on?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

MightyShadow posted:

What server are EU goons playing on?
Some are on Orwen.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Charles Bukowski posted:

I don't know how you guys posted 1k messages between the end of CBT2 and now but did I miss anything interesting? Patiently waiting on $30 peasant headstart.

Nothing of worth was lost by skipping the last several days of posts :shobon:

Had a lot of fun grinding out some mobs yesterday. We had a solid 5 man going for a few hours. Me and lawli found a never ending respawn in bandits. Did like 7 levels in about an hour there (17-24) as we laughed our asses off at the carnage. Made 200k from the spoils as well. Cultists had a lot of people there but managed to get to 27/28 fairly quickly. It seems that some grind areas have some
kind of event trigger where respawns timers get set to like 1 second and all hell breaks loose :getin:

Drinkfist, thank you for your service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Saradiart posted:

Yes, but we are not organized.

I'm still really bummed about the server situation cause I checked 10 times to make sure we were rolling on Edan, but I slept through the initial server drama.

I really hope server transfer isn't $50 or some loving bullshit.