Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I thought Drinkfist and Hy_C run guild on Edan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pertinent
Apr 3, 2009

LegalPad posted:

Yes, but we are not organized.

I'm still really bummed about the server situation cause I checked 10 times to make sure we were rolling on Edan, but I slept through the initial server drama.

I really hope server transfer isn't $50 or some loving bullshit.

The CTS mumble guild is on Orwen. The Discord guild is on Edan.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Why the gently caress was there drama about joining a server? For reals, what is wrong with goons?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

there's also a discord? wheres the link

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Charles Bukowski posted:

Why the gently caress was there drama about joining a server? For reals, what is wrong with goons?
Some goons are overly optimistic about their possible extent of involvement with the game.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Oh okay. I black out anything involving discord.

Firstkind
Apr 10, 2015

by 2017 exmarx

Saradiart posted:

So is like anyone still on Edan, or did I miss the boat since I didn't check the thread?

Edan
4chan
http://pastebin.com/gXs1p6YX

Half of Reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/BDOGuilds

Orwen
Main Reddit Sperg
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/...d-in-the-world/

Other Half of Reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/BDOGuilds

Penny Arcade
https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/203207/black-desert-online

Why did we want to go to Edan again? Someone said that all the spergs were going there but it looks like they are headed to Orwen.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Just :laffo: if you think that reddit/PA guilds can play even their way out of a crib. As of now, for each PvP guild advertising recruitment on Orwen there are three for Eden, which in itself is largely irrelevant if you plan to play with goons.

Firstkind
Apr 10, 2015

by 2017 exmarx

kalstrams posted:

Just :laffo: if you think that reddit/PA guilds can play even their way out of a crib. As of now, for each PvP guild advertising recruitment on Orwen there are three for Eden, which in itself is largely irrelevant if you plan to play with goons.

So you are making the argument that we should have went to Edan if we wanted more pvp fights? Aren't you the guys that hosed up and now we all have to go to Orwen for it?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

It was a fluke, basically if you happened to be on a specific Edan chat channel you were actually created on Orwen, and Deum basically said "yeah fixing it would take too long and :effort: so if you want to play on Edan reroll" but it hosed up all kinds of poo poo wrt pre-order bonuses being character- or server-locked and groups getting splintered if they happened to create their characters at different times and poo poo like that.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Firstkind posted:

So you are making the argument that we should have went to Edan if we wanted more pvp fights? Aren't you the guys that hosed up and now we all have to go to Orwen for it?

The amount of elite PVP guilds on the servers only matter if

A: That's what we are looking for
B: we play long enough for population of Elite PVP guilds starts to matter
C: We don't just spend our time doing other poo poo.

Rivv
Jul 13, 2005
Everything I do is motivated by stupidity
Are the people rushing to 50 doing so to go straight to PVP and nothing else, or do you plan on going back and working on any of the other systems in the game?

I'm kind of taking my time and learning/doing the life skills, but wondering if I need to forget that and just start grinding.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rivv posted:

Are the people rushing to 50 doing so to go straight to PVP and nothing else, or do you plan on going back and working on any of the other systems in the game?

I'm kind of taking my time and learning/doing the life skills, but wondering if I need to forget that and just start grinding.

This is a sandbox MMO so do what you like and what feels good man. I did quests and poo poo up to about lvl 17 so that I could get some energy/knowledge and a few nodes unlocked. After that I hit the grind gravy train to 28. Depending on how camped the spots are tonight I might either grind some more or just go dick around in the game world. I haven't really touched any of the crafting so I think I might go get myself setup for Alchemy and maybe cooking? Not sure yet.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Also, to people complaining about servers and poo poo. IT HAS LITERALLY NEVER loving MATTERED. EVER.And yet here we are again.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Play with like minded people and have fun. If you have friends on Edan, roll Edan, if you don't roll wherever. Mumble was pretty chill yesterday even with all the server fuckery so I'm going to continue playing on Orwen. If the majority of Angry Home Friends rolls on Edan I'm going to cry salty tears and go play something else :c00lbutt:

Rivv
Jul 13, 2005
Orwen seems great to me so far... so many lovely little anime guilds like <Laughing_Coffin> that won't shut the gently caress up and are in need of being poo poo on.

I see great potential.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Rivv posted:

I plan to go back and at least try everything. I love the initial rushing and I know how I burn out on games, so I gun for the soft caps now. Bonus points in my books for early access to PvP, but I am PvP sperg largely uninterested in most systems offered by the game.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

kalstrams posted:

I plan to go back and at least try everything. I love the initial rushing and I know how I burn out on games, so I gun for the soft caps now. Bonus points in my books for early access to PvP, but I am PvP sperg largely uninterested in most systems offered by the game.

See that's cool, you do what you like: so long as you're not yelling at goons to cater to your play style we can all have fun.

Question: what do fishing boats actually do to make them worth being the hardest boat to make?

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

People were complaining about Orwen population sucking yet were Rank 7 in the guilds, and it's just the conq people right now. Were definitely not going to be anywhere near the top on this server.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Question - If I buy the game right now will I be able to start playing in the headstart? Or if I buy it today, can I not play until Friday?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

bear is driving! posted:

Question - If I buy the game right now will I be able to start playing in the headstart? Or if I buy it today, can I not play until Friday?

The latter, just wait for a 7 day trial code honestly and see if you find something you like.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Read the last few pages again then wait for a trial key.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Stormgale posted:

The latter, just wait for a 7 day trial code honestly and see if you find something you like.

Ok, I'll do that, thanks for the info.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
What time did Early Access start, 7 AM EST or something? Wondering when I'll be able to join the poopsockers tomorrow for Peasant-Plus Early Access.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

bonds0097 posted:

What time did Early Access start, 7 AM EST or something? Wondering when I'll be able to join the poopsockers tomorrow for Peasant-Plus Early Access.

Early access is 8AM utc so like 3AM EST?

exser
Aug 18, 2003

Stormgale posted:

Early access is 8AM utc so like 3AM EST?

Correct, 3AM EST, 12AM PST.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Confirming 3am EST :(

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
Ah, well that gives them lots of time to crash the servers, fix problems, etc. before I wake up tomorrow then. :p

It'll be hilarious if things go sideways every time a new wave of players gains access.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Firstkind posted:

I, Goon O'Goon of the House Firstkind, hereby solemnly vow that I shan't, lest honour of my House be untarnished, drop my pursue of elite PvP, no matter the circumstances.
You do not realise the place of a casual goon clan in the food chain of game where semi-serious PvP begins with weekly commitment of 40 hours on the hunting grounds, do you? The worlds will collide and The Steer of Heaven will merge with The Goat-Fish of Enki, forming The Dickbutt, before the GoonTang is the dominating political force on the Orwen, one facing no reasonable opposition in conquests of any kind.

Going to Edan for goon who entertains idea playing with the majority of goons has no practical purpose unless Drinkfist has uncovered an ancient prophecy foretelling the mass exodus of players from the Orwen preceded by the Islamic Shock signing federal law banning merger of two arbitrary servers containing video game characters of the citizens of the United States of America.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Feb 29, 2016

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

They have an announcement posted about all the issues. Basically character deletion time reduced to 10 seconds and name swaps can be requested for the March 30th maint lol. Preorder items not delivered have had their claim reset.

No transfers, they can't do them. Since I have other friends on Orwen and none on Edan, looks like it's reroll time :(

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I paid $100 for CBT3.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Stanley Pain posted:

I paid $100 for CBT3.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Can't claim any housing items, Rip

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow

kalstrams posted:

Hey, thanks guys :P

I'm actually the clan leader for the little group us Penny Arcader's have. Not sure how the gently caress that happened, I think it did in ArcheAge too(god I make bad decisions, at least I didn't sperg out on both games).

Hard to say if we'll be any bigger than like 10 people to start, I'm gonna be actually recruiting people unlike other PA Guilds which just tip over and drown a horrible death cause the leaders don't want to catch cooties. Maybe we can join in on your guys shenanigans.

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
lol gently caress off

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Arthil posted:

Hey, thanks guys :P
Nothing personal, I just am not aware of more than one case where guild centered around a large "external community" has been universally successful to the extent in question, EVE Online goons who do very well in the game, Alliance Tournament asides. And even then, average goon is a terrible player, and the success by large has to be attributed to the talented leadership that did allow them to be terrible. Which is also why Goonswarm does so poorly in Alliance Tournament for what it is otherwise.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow

kalstrams posted:

Nothing personal, I just am not aware of more than one case where guild centered around a large "external community" has been universally successful to the extent in question, EVE Online goons who do very well in the game, Alliance Tournament asides. And even then, average goon is a terrible player, and the success by large has to be attributed to the talented leadership that did allow them to be terrible.

Yeah just figured I'd say hello since you guys ended up on the same server. More than a few people in our MMO forum are also SA members anyway, haha.

Rivv
Jul 13, 2005

Arthil posted:

Yeah just figured I'd say hello since you guys ended up on the same server. More than a few people in our MMO forum are also SA members anyway, haha.

haha lol, rofling here

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Charles Bukowski posted:

i made the final call to stick on orwen, because after 7 hours in when daum explained the situation, we had people who were with us that would not follow if we returned to edan. I don't recall hearing anyone say they were gonna quit if we didn't go back to edan, so we settled it.

sorry to you fellas who got caught on edan after all the fuckery was done, but the only method of communication I have past mumble is updating the OP and making a post.

didn't have any clue people felt so strongly about edan until after the decision was made. as it is now though, we've got plenty of rp guilds, multiguilds, and animes on orwen, and we're stabilized with 40

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider
Here is a preview of the server chat on Edan on the brief time I played there:

"Check out my twitch stream <turdmaster30002>"

"Twitch PvP now! <shiteater69>"

"LOL warriors are garbage. watch the best at twitch.tv/tryhardpenis"

Orwen chat is a haven, comparatively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider

lewtt posted:

i made the final call to stick on orwen, because after 7 hours in when daum explained the situation, we had people who were with us that would not follow if we returned to edan. I don't recall hearing anyone say they were gonna quit if we didn't go back to edan, so we settled it.

sorry to you fellas who got caught on edan after all the fuckery was done, but the only method of communication I have past mumble is updating the OP and making a post.

didn't have any clue people felt so strongly about edan until after the decision was made. as it is now though, we've got plenty of rp guilds, multiguilds, and animes on orwen, and we're stabilized with 40

I started on Edan and now I'm on Orwen. No regrets. Orwen is going to be a good server for PvP, there are a log of big guilds on there.