Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Rivv posted:

haha lol, rofling here

:same:

Charles Bukowski posted:

Why the gently caress was there drama about joining a server? For reals, what is wrong with goons?

its that damned rap music

no one will ever be pleased, do whatever you want and if others dont want to, good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Charles Bukowski posted:

Why the gently caress was there drama about joining a server? For reals, what is wrong with goons?

People wanted to roll on Edan, which is where people thought the try hard pvp guys who take it all too seriously would be. There was a bug that meant that one of the channels(mini-servers) was actually on Orwen, and it happened that a lot of goons created their characters on that channel. So there was an unintentional split.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

By all means please keep arguing about server choice so I know where to sign up tomorrow when us $50 plebs join in :allears:

Fwiw the server fuckery and Daum's response is super unfortunate but if the majority of goons landed in Orwen it seems like a good idea to just stick there.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Clocks posted:

By all means please keep arguing about server choice so I know where to sign up tomorrow when us $50 plebs join in :allears:

Fwiw the server fuckery and Daum's response is super unfortunate but if the majority of goons landed in Orwen it seems like a good idea to just stick there.

We have 40+ on Orwen, it's fun and we love each other while laughing at Drinkfist and filtering several European accents in mumble.

Fun Fact: There is no RP on Orwen

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
dont mock drinkfist, freedom isnt free and hes paying for it

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

You fuckers should respect drinkfist for his sacrifice

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Well server bullshit aside, I had a pretty fun first day in game.
Didn't do much combat so I only made it to level 20, but I got to 60/60 for energy/contribution. I also managed to tame 5 horses -- all male :rolldice:

I think raising crops has the most satisfying input and output out of the side skills. Starting with withered seeds and breeding until you get special seeds and are pulling out heaps of craftable resources is pretty fun. It takes workers 20-30minutes to produce 8-12 grain from a farm node, but a single home-grown wheat plant gives 30-55 wheat. High-quality and special wheat are 3x & 5x more potent for recipes, so if you plan to do any cooking or brewing, crops are the way to go.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Fat and Useless posted:

filtering several European accents in mumble
:argh:

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

LegalPad posted:

Well server bullshit aside, I had a pretty fun first day in game.
Didn't do much combat so I only made it to level 20, but I got to 60/60 for energy/contribution. I also managed to tame 5 horses -- all male :rolldice:

I think raising crops has the most satisfying input and output out of the side skills. Starting with withered seeds and breeding until you get special seeds and are pulling out heaps of craftable resources is pretty fun. It takes workers 20-30minutes to produce 8-12 grain from a farm node, but a single home-grown wheat plant gives 30-55 wheat. High-quality and special wheat are 3x & 5x more potent for recipes, so if you plan to do any cooking or brewing, crops are the way to go.

drat I could only manage like 45/30, then again I took a break for the server fuckery and did have to sleep pretty early.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Arthil posted:

Hey, thanks guys :P

I'm actually the clan leader for the little group us Penny Arcader's have. Not sure how the gently caress that happened, I think it did in ArcheAge too(god I make bad decisions, at least I didn't sperg out on both games).

Hard to say if we'll be any bigger than like 10 people to start, I'm gonna be actually recruiting people unlike other PA Guilds which just tip over and drown a horrible death cause the leaders don't want to catch cooties. Maybe we can join in on your guys shenanigans.

welcome

sorry people here are being dicks to you for no reason other than the fact that you go to *website they don't approve of*

Bede
Jun 2, 2006

I wasn't even around for the goblin baby vote
Will I be able to pay for a transfer from Edan to Orwen? I didn't want to reroll yesterday since I claimed stuff but now that was all reset so i guess i'll reroll unless i can throw :10bux: at a transfer?

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow

Eonwe posted:

welcome

sorry people here are being dicks to you for no reason other than the fact that you go to *website they don't approve of*

Drive-by poo poo-posting is a staple, I was over it before I even read it :P.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that is a good way to look at it

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Bede posted:

Will I be able to pay for a transfer from Edan to Orwen? I didn't want to reroll yesterday since I claimed stuff but now that was all reset so i guess i'll reroll unless i can throw :10bux: at a transfer?

Judging by their post, they don't even have the ability to character transfer. Name swaps aren't even promised to happen for a month. That's why I am just rerolling.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Korean Overlords rarely allow their Round Eye counterparts do anything of worth in their games :shobon::coffee:

Rivv
Jul 13, 2005
Everything I do is motivated by stupidity
Anyone on the fence about re-rolling to Orwen needs to just do it.

Transfers are not even guaranteed to happen at this point, just something they are working to have ready in X weeks... and it's only been a day of game progress.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am sucking my own dick, and dyyyyyyyyyyyying

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here
I asked last page but didn't get a response, is anyone up for starting a grinding party for silver release tonight? (I don't have much knowledge on where to go)

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Rivv posted:

Anyone on the fence about re-rolling to Orwen needs to just do it.

Transfers are not even guaranteed to happen at this point, just something they are working to have ready in X weeks... and it's only been a day of game progress.

After going hard in the CBT to come up with a good plan for progression and then spending 8 solid hours grinding it out on launch, I can't bring myself to start all over for a 3rd time. Guess I will just have to hold out hope that server transfers are a thing.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

hobocrunch posted:

I asked last page but didn't get a response, is anyone up for starting a grinding party for silver release tonight? (I don't have much knowledge on where to go)
No one but me was on for $100 tier to grind with other goons, so I'll be surprised if there's anyone willing to do so down the line.

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

kalstrams posted:

No one but me was on for $100 tier to grind with other goons, so I'll be surprised if there's anyone willing to do so down the line.

God drat where's the poopsock plebs of old... we're all 35 and balding now :rip:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

i will be in with the 30 dollar pack and I will not join your grind group

this isn't because it is a dumb idea or you are a smelly person

you are great, everybody loves you

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

After taking my time and watching the power levelers on twitch, I really don't see the point of it unless it's a minigame to you like it is to kalstroms. Your character is still going to have to backtrack and do quests and talk to npc's our it will forever be gimped on energy and contribution.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

ALT TALK

Assuming you did most of the quests along the way the first time, you can roll a new character and get them quested up to Velia in 30 minutes. This includes a lap around town to complete the "talk to X" quests. This leaves the character at ~ Level 11, 6000 Silver, +2 Contribution Points, 45 replenished energy, and no missed inventory slot expansions.

Not bad for a half hour's work. I'd definitely recommend taking the time to get your alt slots filled so you can start getting passive energy gain on them.

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

Eltoasto posted:

After taking my time and watching the power levelers on twitch, I really don't see the point of it unless it's a minigame to you like it is to kalstroms. Your character is still going to have to backtrack and do quests and talk to npc's our it will forever be gimped on energy and contribution.

Can't we just play the game however the gently caress we want?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
DO NOT

I repeat

DO NOT

SOLO GRIND!

Having a 5 person group running around slaughtering everything is super, mega efficient (and fun).

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Eltoasto posted:

Grinding as a ranger was painful.

Then I got Evasive Explosive shot.

Now I'm literally spamming two skills, three tops for hours on end. On the one hand it's easy to do when inebriated. On the other hand it's easy to get confused in the carnage while inebriated. :2bong:

Overall I was satisfied with my $100 CBT3 experience and would recommend it to goons and goons' wives if they had any.

EDIT:

Stanley Pain posted:

DO NOT
SOLO GRIND!

Took me too many hours to realize this.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

hobocrunch posted:

Sure, I'm just giving other people a heads up since you are trying to recruit them into your Dumb Plan For Idiots.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Stanley Pain posted:

DO NOT

I repeat

DO NOT

SOLO GRIND!

Having a 5 person group running around slaughtering everything is super, mega efficient (and fun).

I bought 4 other accounts just now to solo grind in a group

Get hosed

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

hobocrunch posted:

only pieces of loving poo poo play video game differnt from me

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

Eltoasto posted:

Sure, I'm just giving other people a heads up since you are trying to recruit them into your Dumb Plan For Idiots.

Chill your autism.

Firstkind
Apr 10, 2015

by 2017 exmarx

hobocrunch posted:

This.

Eltoasto posted:

Wasn't it already declared that we are going to need multiple guilds given the guild cap? Why the hell do you care where anyone ends up? It seems that everyone that paid 100 dollars on the game has this serious stick up their rear end and keep agreeing with each other. gently caress it I am rolling on Edan just to be away from this obvious control racket you guys are running with your wallets over there.

Firstkind fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Feb 29, 2016

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Holy

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

pskoc
Oct 27, 2009
Rolling on Edan, enjoy the orwen guacbowles.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Firstkind posted:

Wasn't it already declared that we are going to need multiple guilds given the guild cap?

It was, and we also don't know how many people we have, so it might not be needed. It also might be needed. It isn't needed right now.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

hobocrunch posted:

$100: Commit the Crime, Do the Time

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
How come FFXIV Goons and SWTOR Goons are chill and cool, as are most MMO goons, but Koreagame Goons are loving insane and there's constant drama?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

bonds0097 posted:

How come FFXIV Goons and SWTOR Goons are chill and cool, as are most MMO goons, but Koreagame Goons are loving insane and there's constant drama?

I think you can gain that perception from the game threads, but most of the time when you're in comms playing the game with people it's quite harmonious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

So wait, is this not full F2P? That seems like a bold strategy for a game not from an established IP.