Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Fun game: play Spot the Minority with this picture!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

as halfway crooks posted:

does boosted have twitter

pls i need it

I have a twitter. Its @DeannaFBerry but I am mostly just reposting stuff from this thread.

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 18, 2016

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

i'm not sure how you'd be able to tell which of those people are gay or Jewish, for example, just from that picture.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

The one in the lower-right corner is a ftm transsexual. And you know what? That's great. Good for him.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

fishmech posted:

lol @ being radford students

What college did you go to, fishmech? :)

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VEzmdyuZu4

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Danvers State.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Darkman Fanpage posted:

rutgers and then i lived with my fiancee while she was going to virginia tech

radford's depressing as gently caress

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Should Trump win the nomination, interesting things to watch for:

1. Does he actually build a campaign ground game? There have been anecdotal stories both saying he did a good job of this in some primary states (SC) and a terrible job in others (IA). We don't really know which is true and which isn't, or if both are true whether the people running his campaign have learned from past organizing mistakes and can apply that to a general election campaign.

2. To what extent does the RNC support him organizationally? The RNC has made a lot of noise about how they've fixed the Orca debacle from the 2012 campaign and now have a reliable network for electronic organization. If true, how much will Reince coordinate with the Trump campaign and give them access to this information? How much will the Trump campaign cooperate with the RNC and share back their data?

3. To what extent does the RNC support him monetarily. This is a big deal because the individual contribution limit is $2,700, but you can contribute an additional $10,000 to state parties, and an additional $33,400 to the national party. Those larger donations get put into the "victory fund", a large portion of which pays for advertising supporting the Presidential candidate, but is controlled by the RNC. Will they run ads supporting Trump, as they did for Mitt in 2012, or will the victory fund be used to support down ticket candidates to the exclusion of the Presidential campaign?

4. Does Trump continue to have outsized dominance of television news coverage, or will his and Hillary's campaign be covered with some parity? Will the cable networks cut to live stream his rallies? Keep in mind that Fox has not been doing that while CNN and MSNBC have. Will that continue in the general election?

5. How does he handle the convention? Typically, the RNC turns over convention planning to the Presidential candidate's campaign, coordinating with them on the speaking schedule and other details. Will Reince do that with the Trump campaign, or will they move to establish tighter control to ensure that down ticket Republican candidates are given a presence at the convention. Will those down ticket candidates agree to appear at a Trump convention? Will they go off script and criticize the nominee?

There are a lot more open questions about how the party will act should Trump win the nomination and how his campaign will operate. This is what I've meant when I've pointed out that we can't just look at historical trends and pretend to know how the campaign will work. There's going to be a lot more going on than an argument about what percentage increase/decrease we'll see for each demographic group.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Maoist Pussy posted:

I have a twitter. Its @DeannaFBerry but I am mostly just reposting stuff from this thread.

Shouldn't you be getting into a slapfight over transexual women in the ladies megathread?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

H5N1 posted:

I see there have been a thousand posts here since I last looked at the thread.

Everyone must be buckling in...for Kasich!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

fishmech posted:

rutgers and then i lived with my fiancee while she was going to virginia tech

radford's depressing as gently caress

I'm glad for you.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

Joementum posted:

1. Does he actually build a campaign ground game? There have been anecdotal stories both saying he did a good job of this in some primary states (SC) and a terrible job in others (IA). We don't really know which is true and which isn't, or if both are true whether the people running his campaign have learned from past organizing mistakes and can apply that to a general election campaign.

2. To what extent does the RNC support him organizationally? The RNC has made a lot of noise about how they've fixed the Orca debacle from the 2012 campaign and now have a reliable network for electronic organization. If true, how much will Reince coordinate with the Trump campaign and give them access to this information? How much will the Trump campaign cooperate with the RNC and share back their data?

3. To what extent does the RNC support him monetarily. This is a big deal because the individual contribution limit is $2,700, but you can contribute an additional $10,000 to state parties, and an additional $33,400 to the national party. Those larger donations get put into the "victory fund", a large portion of which pays for advertising supporting the Presidential candidate, but is controlled by the RNC. Will they run ads supporting Trump, as they did for Mitt in 2012, or will the victory fund be used to support down ticket candidates to the exclusion of the Presidential campaign?

4. Does Trump continue to have outsized dominance of television news coverage, or will his and Hillary's campaign be covered with some parity? Will the cable networks cut to live stream his rallies? Keep in mind that Fox has not been doing that while CNN and MSNBC have. Will that continue in the general election?

5. How does he handle the convention? Typically, the RNC turns over convention planning to the Presidential candidate's campaign, coordinating with them on the speaking schedule and other details. Will Reince do that with the Trump campaign, or will they move to establish tighter control to ensure that down ticket Republican candidates are given a presence at the convention. Will those down ticket candidates agree to appear at a Trump convention? Will they go off script and criticize the nominee?

There are a lot more open questions about how the party will act should Trump win the nomination and how his campaign will operate. This is what I've meant when I've pointed out that we can't just look at historical trends and pretend to know how the campaign will work. There's going to be a lot more going on than an argument about what percentage increase/decrease we'll see for each demographic group.

I wonder if a stabbed in the back myth will be built around Trump If the Republican party doesn't throw their full support behind him if he wins the nomination and Hillary wins.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

if he's so great, why has nobody ever heard of him?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
The RNC's gonna give Trump the wrong directions to the convention and then try to nominate somebody else before he gets there

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
lol Ben Carson got less that Rand Paul

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Lord Tywin posted:

I wonder if a stabbed in the back myth will be built around Trump If the Republican party doesn't throw their full support behind him if he wins the nomination and Hillary wins.

Myth? Mitch McConnell is already telling people he plans to work against him. You think the #NeverTrump thing is limited to just pundits?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

2-3. The RNC will support Trump fully because HILLARY BAD.

4. The media will continue to cover Trump disproportionately because they're addicted to the ratings he brings.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Rush opened his show by saying that Kasich is staying in to be Trump's VP.

Now he's defending his anti-amnesty stance in light of the NYT article which says he was a part of the Rubio/Conservative Media effort to pass the gang of 8 bill.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

this_is_hard posted:

lmao Radford is quite possibly the most "Donald Trump" university in all of Virginia. makes sense.

for real? my aunt went there and she's like, super liberal

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

lol Ben Carson got less that Rand Paul

and gained 4% in the polls for it

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
In an attempt to garner more media attention, Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton announced today that she will have former President Bill Clinton begin and end every rally with a saxophone solo.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

rrhelections.com is a great place to go if you want to see "intellectual" conservatives whine about Trump ruining their movement.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
the republicans who talk like fags getting curb stomped is like the BEST part of this whole trump thing

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

The Nastier Nate posted:

I'm predicting Trump is going to win in every state tomorrow except Texas, with narrow victories in MN and AR, and complete blowouts everywhere else. If that happens, is a brokered convention even possible anymore? Even if Kasich and Carson stay in till the very end?

Trump blowout tomorrow

If he gets 51% of every contest afterwards, he clinched when he wins NY

For fun, if Cruz/Carson/Rubio drop out Wednesday. Kasich wet dream.

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

More like reset everything to New York values

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

the_paradigm_shift posted:

It's a cheap campaign tbf and I think he just likes being talked about sometimes. Hes a not horrifying rust belt gov so he's basically media kryptonite but one of the few people still painting a sane face for the GOP to hide behind

he's loving horrifying, he's faithfully executed the Koch plan for abortion and labor rights. as bad as walker and the michigan lead poising dude

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine
who are trumps friends

does trump have any friends

this is a serious question i wanna get a signed hat

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine
i already tweeted all his family members but barron wont follow me back

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Is trump mania happening tomorrow or did the David duke /Rubio debate slow him down???

are we gonna see the end of our fun tomorrow :(

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

for real? my aunt went there and she's like, super liberal
Radford is hardly the most conservative state school in Virginia.The student body is liberal overall. A ton of students are minorities and/or come from Northern Virginia.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Pon de Bundy posted:

Is trump mania happening tomorrow or did the David duke /Rubio debate slow him down???

Trump will win everything but Texas. The fun never stops?

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot

Majorian posted:

The one in the lower-right corner is a ftm transsexual. And you know what? That's great. Good for him.

I don't get it.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

boom boom boom posted:

why is that Kasich guy still running?

I think he's trying to set himself up as a 2020 nominee. Unlike Rubio and Cruz who have been attacking Trump because they're actually trying to win, Kasich just wants to stand up there and look mature and presidential so future people might remember him as the not-crazy guy in the debates.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

TyrantWD posted:

How does Trump win the white vote by more than Romney managed? Obama had taken over the Clinton mantle as the Devil, and a not insignificant part of the GOP thought he was a Kenyan Muslim. Romney didn't do nearly as much to alienate the white moderate vote as Trump has, but his share of the white vote was still insufficient.

Hmm, yes, how could there ever be a better candidate than Romney

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Pon de Bundy posted:

Nothing matters and Rubio got stumped so hard he's reduced to (surprisingly good) standup comedy.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
like why did trump pretend he didn't know who David duke was and why didn't he say just say gently caress off KKK, is he that afraid to lose votes to those retards ??

I don't get what he's thinking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

sarmhan posted:

Radford is hardly the most conservative state school in Virginia.The student body is liberal overall. A ton of students are minorities and/or come from Northern Virginia.

Are people confusing Radford with Liberty? I think of schools in terms of basketball conferences and they are both in the Big South so that is my theory!

• Locked thread