Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

If I can't be a neon jester shotgunnin' my way across midtown I'll be slightly disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I'm never changing my lovely old Uplay avatar

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Well yeah, I don't think starter weapons and backpacks will be any good after 30 minutes. However, maybe the guns special skin will be transferable like normal paint.
Plus clothing, which is the main part of an outfit, is cosmetic only and you can wear it at all levels. Shame about the backpacks though.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Yodzilla posted:

I'm never changing my lovely old Uplay avatar

Jesus gently caress that thing is creepy. Reminds me of this

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
If this game is like Mass Effect 3 (RPG cover shooter) what special powers does the player game? I loved Mass Effect 3 multiplayer and the idea of the DZ sounds really fun.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

BexGu posted:

If this game is like Mass Effect 3 (RPG cover shooter) what special powers does the player game? I loved Mass Effect 3 multiplayer and the idea of the DZ sounds really fun.
So far there was a radar pulse, a turret, a prox mine, a healing pulse, portable shield, etc.--somewhat similar to ME3 but more restrained. There's a better (but still sparse) list on the wiki.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I had some uplay points left from FC3 and Black Flag, just unlocked the weapon skin and the broker outfit. As soon as I can find a trapper hat operation "Annoying Hazmat-Hipster" is go (orange pants, broker jacket, full beard and trapper hat).
I will run around the DZ loudly complaining about my fair-trade latte freezing over and pestering people for a power socket for my macbook b/c Starbucks is closed...

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Were you guys able to holster weapons in the last beta?

exser
Aug 18, 2003

LCL-Dead posted:

When you were in your base, you put your guns away, other than that I don't think you could do anything about it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

LCL-Dead posted:

Nope, and even if you walk around with a grenade in your hand instead civvies freak out and beg you not to shoot them. Unless they want an energy bar from you or something. Lucky for them the guns are all programmed to only kill dogs. Oh and bad guys too, I guess.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Given the civvie reaction and the tips and tricks noting that you should holster your firearm I wonder if they axed that feature or if it just wasn't implemented for some reason for the betas.

Probably axed I would imagine. Well, I look forward to months of civilians being terrified of me for no reason at all then.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
The Division: Watchdogs (get shot)

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
There is a 300+ post thread in the Steam forums of people bitching about us being able to shoot dogs.

It's exactly as dumb as you would expect.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

seeker mines look fun as hell and seem like a good way to a ruin a perfectly nice extraction zone party

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Akion posted:

There is a 300+ post thread in the Steam forums of people bitching about us being able to shoot dogs.

We live in an age where everything triggers someone. I'm going to shoot every loving dog I can find in this game now.

Hopper posted:

Understandably so. Can't have barbaric dog murder in my Black Hoodlum Slaughter Simulator. :colbert:

Tom Clancy's: Racism Simulator

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Understandably so. Can't have barbaric dog murder in my Black Hoodlum Slaughter Simulator. :colbert:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Do we have confirmation on whether track suits will be in the game?

This is important for my RP concept. :colbert:

Hopper posted:

Finally a sensible time people with jobs can appreciate.
That said, won't play until late that night, because I get to spend that evening with my then 1.5 months old goddaughter, teaching her dad cooking basics, because he finally has a cute little reason to learn it. :3:

I hope nobody in this story lives in a gingerbread house. :ohdear:

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009
Ugh prices in Canada are gross.. $79.99 and $129.99 for the gold.

I may end up just buying a logitech keyboard and getting the game for free. Had been wanting to get one of those anyways.

Wang
Apr 10, 2003

dance dance ferret revolution

Anyone who ordered the logitch 810 off amazon. How long did it take to get your promo code for the free copy?

ObesePriest
Nov 4, 2008

Wang posted:

Anyone who ordered the logitch 810 off amazon. How long did it take to get your promo code for the free copy?

I believe the code comes in the keyboard box so whenever you get that.

edit: "The Division" with purchase of Logitech G810 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (via in-box promo code while supplies last)"

ObesePriest fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Feb 29, 2016

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Akion posted:

Well, I try to keep it fair, I don't just murder dogs, I also knock over every cone on the street and melee all the bottles and poo poo sitting out on counters. I'm determined to play this like Diablo with guns and that means destroying everything that doesn't fight back.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

CrashCat posted:

Well, I try to keep it fair, I don't just murder dogs, I also knock over every cone on the street and melee all the bottles and poo poo sitting out on counters. I'm determined to play this like Diablo with guns and that means destroying everything that doesn't fight back.

I shoot every car I walk past.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Akion posted:

I considered that but I'm too lazy to switch to the pistol that often and don't want to waste all my bullets :ohdear:

Clearly this just means I need an ammo depot powerup

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

I really hated the skiddish civilians. Walking by them would make them cower, sprinting everywhere as I was sent them bolting into alleyways screaming "WHAAAATS GOING ON!?!!".

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

WASDF posted:

I really hated the skiddish civilians. Walking by them would make them cower, sprinting everywhere as I was sent them bolting into alleyways screaming "WHAAAATS GOING ON!?!!".

Well I mean consider the context. The vast majority of the armed people they encounter are either looters, escaped cons, or psychos with flamethrowers. Odds are overwhelmingly against you not being there to murder them over a pack of cigarettes.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

Akion posted:

I shot out nearly every tire that wasn't already flat, it was good fun. Also I killed all the dags

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

thebushcommander posted:

I shot out nearly every tire that wasn't already flat, it was good fun. Also I killed all the dags

Using a silenced sniper rifle to pop tires as people walked by them in the Dark Zone was enjoyable.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Akion posted:

Odds are overwhelmingly against you not being there to murder them over a pack of cigarettes.

Have you even seen the price of mac'n'cheese in the city? It's 20 bucks a box, that's why they're afraid. New York went straight to hell in a handbasket after Kraft took over.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Akion posted:

Using a silenced sniper rifle to pop tires as people walked by them in the Dark Zone was enjoyable.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Linx posted:

We live in an age where everything triggers someone. I'm going to shoot every loving dog I can find in this game now.

I honestly don't know what's worse: people complaining that we're able to kill dogs, or you boasting that you're going to kill passive NPCs in an instanced game where almost no one will see it.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Morter posted:

I honestly don't know what's worse: people complaining that we're able to kill dogs, or you boasting that you're going to kill passive NPCs in an instanced game where almost no one will see it.

Just wait until you see his MLG 360 dogscope montage video

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

We had the chance to ask the devs anything!!! Suprisingly the outcome is a wet fart:

http://au.ign.com/articles/2016/02/24/the-division-ask-ubisoft-massive-anything-ign-first

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Wooze posted:

We had the chance to ask the devs anything!!! Suprisingly the outcome is a wet fart:

http://au.ign.com/articles/2016/02/24/the-division-ask-ubisoft-massive-anything-ign-first

Man, the developers must have really tried to find the least interesting thing to say in response to those questions.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Am I missing something? I am not finding the answers and this site is poo poo to navigate

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
A pretty nice overview from someone who played the beta and also got additional game access. Seems to have good top-level info and answers some questions that are pretty regular here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2rT35dr-Rk

e: not sure where these dev answers are. Just a week old video on that page.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

CrashCat posted:

Am I missing something? I am not finding the answers and this site is poo poo to navigate

>Philofax asks: What, if any, are the significant changes being made after player feedback from the open beta?
Player feedback is important to us. Based on the closed and open beta feedback, we did, for example, make some adjustments in the Darkzone. - Petter Mannerfelt, Game Director

>Shaqfoo33 asks: Will there be any objectives within the Dark Zone?
We have landmarks that indicate locations with challenging encounters. - Petter Mannerfelt, Game Director

>Hunter3x7 asks: Why is there no stash in the DZ? It's very time consuming to keep going back to the base, would it not make sense to keep it by the DZ Vendors?
When you extract a contaminated item in the Darkzone the helicopter takes it to your Base of Operations where it gets decontaminated. The stash isn't only available in the base, you can also find your stash in safe houses that you unlock in the world. - Petter Mannerfelt, Game Director

>ONE2THR asks: Will there be a reputation system in the final product, would like to know which players are high risk and likely to go rogue? If not, would you consider adding one?
There is no mechanic like this in the Darkzone. I think the excitement of the Darkzone is created by the fact that you don't really know if other players are good or bad. - Petter Mannerfelt, Game Director

>Unholygamemaster asks: Have you guys considered allowing players to use melee weapons/takedowns?
We have experimented with it. But being an RPG with a focus on stats, this wouldn't gel with players expectations that a takedown would be a guaranteed kill. - Petter Mannerfelt, Game Director

>ray2608 asks: The Division is often compared to Destiny. In my opinion Destiny suffered from doing the same missions /strikes over and over again. What are you going to do to keep players entertained and feel rewarded for the amount of hours they are playing?
One of the best things about the Darkzone is just how unpredictable it is. Human behavior is never the same twice and that keeps the Darkzone experience fresh. For the missions outside the Darkzone we offer several difficulty modes (something you haven't seen in the Beta) with varying rewards. And, finally, we are naturally looking to continuously add fresh content for players to tackle. - Magnus Jansen, Creative Director

>The Unknown Key asks: Will there be high-end armor in The Division, along with weapons?
Yes! There is high-end gear, weapon mods and gear mods when you get to the endgame. - Petter Mannerfelt, Game Director

>Blackeffect asks: Will there be a way to inspect other players stats and gear?
That's not a feature we have in the game. - Petter Mannerfelt, Game Director

>Sheppy Shep asks: For people (like myself) obsessed with customization in regards to appearance, how expansive can you say the customization for The Division with Avatar, Clothing and etc is?
In the game you'll have access to full face customization, whereas you had a reduced feature set in the Beta. As you explore the streets of Manhattan you'll find many different pieces of clothing that allows you to fully customize your appearance. We feel that you should be able to dress and look the way you want at all times, and not have to switch your look just because you find a gear piece with better stats. - Petter Mannerfelt, Game Director

>kevinpgardner asks: Will there be a companion app that allows inspecting gear/other agents, news, daily missions hub, move gear from stash to agent without having to go to base of operations?? (I know the drone app was scrapped so wondering what type of companion app support we'll get.)
We've been focusing all our efforts on the in-game experience, so there is no companion app. - Magnus Jansen, Creative Director

>AustinDaThief asks: Specifically for Ubisoft Massive, in regards to your weather system, will it always be snowing dynamic? Will we see DLC that may take place in the summer, et cetera?
In The Division you're fighting to take back New York in the aftermath of the virus, which means a couple of weeks after the outbreak. The weather is finicky at this time of year, so who knows what will happen. - Magnus Jansen, Creative Director

>7kGrumble asks: In the beta, cutscenes show our character never speaks. Will our characters have a voice in the full game?
We actually went back and forth on this early on during development. At the end of the day we found that when you're in a group of players speaking over VoIP and playing the game, it becomes really weird to have several player characters talking and speaking in various situations. - Magnus Jansen, Creative Director

>The-3DArtist asks: What kind of items can be crafted and how important is crafting to the game?
You can craft weapons, gear and mods in the Base of Operations and you will be able to craft high-end gear when you get to the max level. - Petter Mannerfelt, Game Director

>Darren Antonio asks: How much data are we expected to find in the game showing the past events during the outbreak?
Players that watch our ECHO scenes, listen to phone logs and other field data will get a detailed insight into how the chaos unfolded in Manhattan. - Petter Mannerfelt, Game Director

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Akion posted:

Odds are overwhelmingly against you not being there to murder them over a pack of cigarettes.

Nonsense!

I'm going to kill them for their trendy puffy hat!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
>Blackeffect asks: Will there be a way to inspect other players stats and gear?
That's not a feature we have in the game. - Petter Mannerfelt, Game Director

*rapidly hammers on cancel preorder button*

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Snuffman posted:

Nonsense!

I'm going to kill them for their trendy puffy hat!

The Division really is the fifth evil faction, murdering people over fashion accessories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Badfinger posted:

A pretty nice overview from someone who played the beta and also got additional game access. Seems to have good top-level info and answers some questions that are pretty regular here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2rT35dr-Rk

e: not sure where these dev answers are. Just a week old video on that page.

Did I just see the ability to synchronize emotes with other players.

• Locked thread