Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GiantHurtBall
Dec 9, 2013

The Iron Hands weren't loyalists. The Ultramarines, noted for their tricks and deceptions, planted an agent within their ranks claiming to be their long lost Primarch, Ferrus Manus. Thus, the Iron Hands readily turned to Chaos and joined Horus' ranks, all to cover for the Ultramarines' own heresies.

Hopper posted:

I had some uplay points left from FC3 and Black Flag, just unlocked the weapon skin and the broker outfit. As soon as I can find a trapper hat operation "Annoying Hazmat-Hipster" is go (orange pants, broker jacket, full beard and trapper hat).
I will run around the DZ loudly complaining about my fair-trade latte freezing over and pestering people for a power socket for my macbook b/c Starbucks is closed...

I'm so onboard with this I can't even tell you how much I want to scream "THIS IS NOW THE WAY I WILL PLAY" at you. You're brilliant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Just a heads up that the Logitech keyboard with the division key is not retailer exclusive. You can pick them up anywhere that stock exists.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

lol at the "Can I look at someone and know if they are a douche" question and thank God Ubisoft basically said "No"

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I submitted a question that got answered!

Morondumbass> Is the something awful Division thread title bad?
It sure is. - Petter Mannerfelt, Game Director

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Ice Fist posted:

lol at the "Can I look at someone and know if they are a douche" question and thank God Ubisoft basically said "No"

Popped Collars confirmed not in game.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

LCL-Dead posted:

Given the civvie reaction and the tips and tricks noting that you should holster your firearm I wonder if they axed that feature or if it just wasn't implemented for some reason for the betas.

Probably axed I would imagine. Well, I look forward to months of civilians being terrified of me for no reason at all then.

Probably a good thing; the number of potential domestic violence situations I broke up simply by having my rifle out was disconcerting.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Akion posted:

Popped Collars confirmed not in game.

Call in an extraction for this keg of artisan locally sourced craft beer.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
You'd better hope that coffee in your public radio hazardous material tote is organic and fair trade, agent.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Probably a good thing; the number of potential domestic violence situations I broke up simply by having my rifle out was disconcerting.
Not just domestic, I often found people locked in arguments, and bullets whizzing over heads does wonders to end those.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Rabble posted:

Call in an extraction for this keg of artisan locally sourced craft beer Toilet Wine.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Hopper posted:

I will run around the DZ loudly complaining about my fair-trade latte freezing over and pestering people for a power socket for my macbook b/c Starbucks is closed...

I'll be happy to join you. Gonna love the prox chat.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

mcbexx posted:

I'll be happy to join you. Gonna love the prox chat.

Yeah pretty much count me in for this as well.

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

I submitted a question that got answered!

Morondumbass> Is the something awful Division thread title bad?
It sure is. - Petter Mannerfelt, Game Director

:bernpop:

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Badfinger posted:

A pretty nice overview from someone who played the beta and also got additional game access. Seems to have good top-level info and answers some questions that are pretty regular here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2rT35dr-Rk

FLAMETHROWER TURRET SPOTTED!

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad

mcbexx posted:

FLAMETHROWER TURRET SPOTTED!

That was one of the mods you could apply once you upgraded your tech wing further. Another one applied the pulse effect to whatever targets it hit, one fired darts or something? and I forget the fourth entirely.

Maybe it'll cut down on dz turret gaming if the price you pay for making someone go rogue is being set on fire.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Kiavahr posted:

That was one of the mods you could apply once you upgraded your tech wing further. Another one applied the pulse effect to whatever targets it hit, one fired darts or something? and I forget the fourth entirely.

Maybe it'll cut down on dz turret gaming if the price you pay for making someone go rogue is being set on fire.

Turret gaming is probably going to be cut down significantly simply because there will be over twice as many skills to choose from.

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

>Blackeffect asks: Will there be a way to inspect other players stats and gear?
That's not a feature we have in the game. - Petter Mannerfelt, Game Director

*rapidly hammers on cancel preorder button*

I can't tell if you're serious or not... but in all seriousness, inspecting party members would be nice. But I'd rather not be able to inspect randoms. You can inspect people at an extraction and learn if you can kill them or not. It would lead to trolling newbs if you could inspect and see them in greens.

You'll actually have to look at their character model to see weapon and skill load outs to determine what type of player they are.

Ice Fist posted:

I'm happy for this. While there was a reputation system in UO and I liked that, not having one allows you to be a dick and go rogue and nobody else remembers except the guys you killed.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
There's a lot of kerfuffle about how the division calculates dps as a secondary stat, basically taking per bullet damage and applying it to a formula that is misleading. Basically, don't trust the big dps number and use the range to see damage output.

ObesePriest
Nov 4, 2008

Kiavahr posted:

The devs have responded about the turret gaming and I forget their exact words but I think it's safe to assume they are going to fix it

Robiben
Jul 19, 2006

Life is...weird

Wooze posted:

I was wondering about this because I think it would be a cool addition to the Dark Zone and maybe more reason to go Rogue?

Like as a Rogue you could inspect people and see if its worth killing them for their poo poo. And on the flip side it ups paranoia for nice players because they wont let people get near them for fear of being inspected.

exser
Aug 18, 2003

Robiben posted:

I was wondering about this because I think it would be a cool addition to the Dark Zone and maybe more reason to go Rogue?

Like as a Rogue you could inspect people and see if its worth killing them for their poo poo. And on the flip side it ups paranoia for nice players because they wont let people get near them for fear of being inspected.

This makes no sense. You don't drop anything you have equipped when you get killed. You only drop poo poo in your contaminated bag and it would make 0 sense to be able to see what people have in there while inspecting.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

Wooze posted:

>Philofax asks: What, if any, are the significant changes being made after player feedback from the open beta?
Player feedback is important to us. Based on the closed and open beta feedback, we did, for example, make some adjustments in the Darkzone. - Petter Mannerfelt, Game Director

>Shaqfoo33 asks: Will there be any objectives within the Dark Zone?
We have landmarks that indicate locations with challenging encounters. - Petter Mannerfelt, Game Director

>Hunter3x7 asks: Why is there no stash in the DZ? It's very time consuming to keep going back to the base, would it not make sense to keep it by the DZ Vendors?
When you extract a contaminated item in the Darkzone the helicopter takes it to your Base of Operations where it gets decontaminated. The stash isn't only available in the base, you can also find your stash in safe houses that you unlock in the world. - Petter Mannerfelt, Game Director

>ONE2THR asks: Will there be a reputation system in the final product, would like to know which players are high risk and likely to go rogue? If not, would you consider adding one?
There is no mechanic like this in the Darkzone. I think the excitement of the Darkzone is created by the fact that you don't really know if other players are good or bad. - Petter Mannerfelt, Game Director

>Unholygamemaster asks: Have you guys considered allowing players to use melee weapons/takedowns?
We have experimented with it. But being an RPG with a focus on stats, this wouldn't gel with players expectations that a takedown would be a guaranteed kill. - Petter Mannerfelt, Game Director

>ray2608 asks: The Division is often compared to Destiny. In my opinion Destiny suffered from doing the same missions /strikes over and over again. What are you going to do to keep players entertained and feel rewarded for the amount of hours they are playing?
One of the best things about the Darkzone is just how unpredictable it is. Human behavior is never the same twice and that keeps the Darkzone experience fresh. For the missions outside the Darkzone we offer several difficulty modes (something you haven't seen in the Beta) with varying rewards. And, finally, we are naturally looking to continuously add fresh content for players to tackle. - Magnus Jansen, Creative Director

>The Unknown Key asks: Will there be high-end armor in The Division, along with weapons?
Yes! There is high-end gear, weapon mods and gear mods when you get to the endgame. - Petter Mannerfelt, Game Director

>Sheppy Shep asks: For people (like myself) obsessed with customization in regards to appearance, how expansive can you say the customization for The Division with Avatar, Clothing and etc is?
In the game you'll have access to full face customization, whereas you had a reduced feature set in the Beta. As you explore the streets of Manhattan you'll find many different pieces of clothing that allows you to fully customize your appearance. We feel that you should be able to dress and look the way you want at all times, and not have to switch your look just because you find a gear piece with better stats. - Petter Mannerfelt, Game Director

>kevinpgardner asks: Will there be a companion app that allows inspecting gear/other agents, news, daily missions hub, move gear from stash to agent without having to go to base of operations?? (I know the drone app was scrapped so wondering what type of companion app support we'll get.)
We've been focusing all our efforts on the in-game experience, so there is no companion app. - Magnus Jansen, Creative Director

>AustinDaThief asks: Specifically for Ubisoft Massive, in regards to your weather system, will it always be snowing dynamic? Will we see DLC that may take place in the summer, et cetera?
In The Division you're fighting to take back New York in the aftermath of the virus, which means a couple of weeks after the outbreak. The weather is finicky at this time of year, so who knows what will happen. - Magnus Jansen, Creative Director

>7kGrumble asks: In the beta, cutscenes show our character never speaks. Will our characters have a voice in the full game?
We actually went back and forth on this early on during development. At the end of the day we found that when you're in a group of players speaking over VoIP and playing the game, it becomes really weird to have several player characters talking and speaking in various situations. - Magnus Jansen, Creative Director

>The-3DArtist asks: What kind of items can be crafted and how important is crafting to the game?
You can craft weapons, gear and mods in the Base of Operations and you will be able to craft high-end gear when you get to the max level. - Petter Mannerfelt, Game Director

>Darren Antonio asks: How much data are we expected to find in the game showing the past events during the outbreak?
Players that watch our ECHO scenes, listen to phone logs and other field data will get a detailed insight into how the chaos unfolded in Manhattan. - Petter Mannerfelt, Game Director

Kinda funny that before release we're seeing destiny y1 levels of stubborness for lack of simple features to preserve their game's vision

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

exser posted:

This makes no sense. You don't drop anything you have equipped when you get killed. You only drop poo poo in your contaminated bag and it would make 0 sense to be able to see what people have in there while inspecting.

You just have to imagine that're you're stealthily rummaging through their biohazard loot tube while they're obliviously standing there waiting for a chopper to show up and evac their scarves.

Might as well put gear score in if you're going to have inspecting of party members.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Kinda funny that before release we're seeing destiny y1 levels of stubborness for lack of simple features to preserve their game's vision

The one thing that put me on the fence for this game is the fact that there is no, and no intention of, adding player trading in the game. What.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Phi230 posted:

The one thing that put me on the fence for this game is the fact that there is no, and no intention of, adding player trading in the game. What.

Seriously some people have the weirdest hangups. No trading? The thing that resulted in Borderlands being broken from duping everywhere? No inspections in a PvP space that would kill any tension about deciding to go rogue or not?
Goons cum designers please.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

TG-Chrono posted:

Seriously some people have the weirdest hangups. No trading? The thing that resulted in Borderlands being broken from duping everywhere? No inspections in a PvP space that would kill any tension about deciding to go rogue or not?

It's doubtful that anyone will have anything worth going rogue for anyway considering the 100% chance that the best gear for every "tier" of game levels will come from the vendor or quest drops.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Trading would remove the carrot on a stick that these games require to keep a player base engaged in the limited repetitive content.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Phi230 posted:

Really it all depends on how good the loot game/crafting game is + how good vendor stuff is. If all that stuff is solid then there's really no reason to be upset about there not being any trading. If the loot game sucks and good poo poo is really rare then yeah players will be begging for trading.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Phi230 posted:

It's not a good idea. People would game it by having one group go kill and another loot and extract behind them and trade afterwards.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Rabble posted:

It's doubtful that anyone will have anything worth going rogue for anyway considering the 100% chance that the best gear for every "tier" of game levels will come from the vendor or quest drops.

Where did you pull this from?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

comatose posted:

Where did you pull this from?

Yeah that doesn't sound correct. It seems your gear scales with level and dark zone level.

That being said, anything that drops in the dark zone will likely be completely replaceable- so getting your poo poo stolen isn't a total loss.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Trading completely ruined Diablo 3 and they had to kill it and the cash-cow auction house that came with it to eventually make the game balanceable.

quote:

>Philofax asks: What, if any, are the significant changes being made after player feedback from the open beta?
Player feedback is important to us. Based on the closed and open beta feedback, we did, for example, make some adjustments in the Darkzone

This is the dumbest answer I've ever seen

At least they recognize that stuff like inspecting gear or viewing a players history of going rogue would negatively impact the tension of the Darkzone, so that's good.

Robiben
Jul 19, 2006

Life is...weird

comatose posted:

You just have to imagine that're you're stealthily rummaging through their biohazard loot tube while they're obliviously standing there waiting for a chopper to show up and evac their scarves.

Yeah this is what I meant. I'm just thinking aloud, it felt to me like there wasn't huge incentive to go Rogue in the beta but maybe the full release will change this?

TG-Chrono posted:

Goons cum designers please.

I think its a bit unfair to say trading is bad because of a duping bug being in Borderlands. The answer should be to fix the bug, not that trading is bad. I personally would like trading because I'll be playing with friends and it would be nice for me to be able to hand off loot that's useful to them. But i'm not cutup about it, game will be good without trading.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Yeah that doesn't sound correct. It seems your gear scales with level and dark zone level.

That being said, anything that drops in the dark zone will likely be completely replaceable- so getting your poo poo stolen isn't a total loss.

Yeah that's what I meant. I doubt anything you loot from the DZ is going to be so special as to break your heart if you lose it.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
The only thing I would want trading for is loot that killed players drop. When your group is rogue, looking through the items one by one to decide who wants which items is not really an option, and it'd be nice to be able to divvy it up after you're no longer rogue.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

It would be nice if you could trade items with people in your group for like up to an hour after something dropped diablo style but then after that no deal. However, no trading isn't that big of a deal to me.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
One more week, to go... Can't wait to start capping pubbies.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

All I want is a drat MAC-10, some freshly stolen sneakers, and the ability to hang out in the foyer of a cheap apartment building in Brooklyn.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I just want the whole island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

It seems to me that the whole point of not being able to trade loot is that players could/should turn on each other at any point in time. No one is to be trusted. Making loot tradeable would defeat that idea. If somebody has loot you want, then you take it from them. That seems to be the whole premise of the Dark Zone.

• Locked thread