Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

grumplestiltzkin posted:

I said I derived enjoyment from something, and then you apologized for offending me. What part of that made sense in your head lol. I also like the fact that in your world football fans (the ones who literally riot when their team wins OR loses) are the reasonable people:thumbsup:

Footballers =/= football fans. Hth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTSO_oQv06U
MonthlyFails also do a Epic Wins and WTF Moments series, apparently. Good to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

canyoneer posted:

I'm going to guess that it takes a lot of time besides the week in tournaments to be the kind of player that can actually win those tournaments

Pretty much this, the award money is impressive, until you factor in how much they've already spent on their "hobby" before the tournament. I'd love to see a comparison with award money versus expenses like internet, utilities, paid upgrades, PC parts or other items bought relating to the game, I'm betting after it's all said and done they either break even or end up barely winning anything.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Riots are cool and good.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Roro posted:

MonthlyFails also do a Epic Wins and WTF Moments series, apparently. Good to know.

The guy at the car wash. I loving lost it.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

HEY NONG MAN posted:

I liked the last clip, it was like a realistic version of the ending of Speed 2.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

This might be cheating, but this John Oliver takedown of Trump is just loving hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnpO_RTSNmQ

I made a mistake and read the comments. My head still hurts.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Yeah, those $80 laptops are just falling from the sky, right? Gaming computers can be built pretty cheaply these days, especially if you're running something as simple as mobas. Hell, my lovely first computer that I had literally a decade ago that literally did not have a graphics card ran cs1.6 just fine, and as we've seen, there's still a pro scene for that. The only time computers are expensive is if you're some mondo retard who absolutely must crank up every single setting possible on every AAA game that gets released.

This derail is dumb but I also often ask the "PC gaming is more expensive than consoles" crowd how much they paid for their systems, and they're shocked to find out that for the cost of a PS4 + basics you can get a perfectly solid gaming computer with a proper graphics card and literally infinity games. And then I remind them that they need a TV, too. One guy went "oh gently caress my TV cost $1700..." when I asked him that.

Suddenly PC gaming is much cheaper.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Yes, but you forget that console gaming is inherently just better

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Nostradingus posted:

Yes, but you forget that console gaming is inherently just better

Mods though.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

A GTX 750 Ti is good if you don't have a hard-on for stuff like tessellation, depth-of-field and motion blur, right?

Jam With Seeds
Dec 20, 2008

Now that's the poo poo right there, 'celebrating before you win' freude is universal.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Now I miss the KKK derail :(

ekuNNN has a new favorite as of 00:07 on Mar 1, 2016

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Judge Schnoopy posted:

The NVidia GE Force GTX 560, however, is not part of the average computer and costs roughly the same as a mid-line consumer laptop.

In what world is a mid-line consumer laptop 100$?

e: Wait there are people who believe Consoles are Cheaper then PCs?

Are you serious right now?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
hahaha console / pc master race derail. gg goons

This is loving amazing

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CommonShore posted:

This derail is dumb but I also often ask the "PC gaming is more expensive than consoles" crowd how much they paid for their systems, and they're shocked to find out that for the cost of a PS4 + basics you can get a perfectly solid gaming computer with a proper graphics card and literally infinity games. And then I remind them that they need a TV, too. One guy went "oh gently caress my TV cost $1700..." when I asked him that.

On the other hand, TVs aren't going to be single purpose and you can pay 50 bucks for a Steam link or some nvidia gadget to mirror the pc display onto a TV in another room over ethernet

RareAcumen posted:

How many bitcoins can you win from the average esport?

I need to find the Totalbiscuit SC2 tournament where he offered like $25K in bitcoin when he announced it. It was less than half that when the tournament took place.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Bitcoins are the schadenfreude gift that just keeps on giving :allears:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!

ekuNNN posted:

Now I miss the KKK derail :(

"Yo yo yo, Imma buy a sodapop, someone film this poo poo, yo!"

(I dunno why they're talking like that, but they are).

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

DavidAlltheTime posted:

"Yo yo yo, Imma buy a sodapop, someone film this poo poo, yo!"

(I dunno why they're talking like that, but they are).

they're far more likely to be talking like "if my cat saw this it could die of the frightens, i'm dumb as hell, i'm davidallthetime, buhhhhhhhhh" in my opinion

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

CommonShore posted:

Unless they didn't have a TV and bought one just for the console then the cost of the TV is irrelevant. If you insist on including that cost, my TV cost about $250 when I bought it 4 years ago. I use it to watch TV, I use it with my console, and it is my PC monitor also so only about 1/3 of the cost applies.

Yes, you can buy a decent PC for the cost of a PS4 and accessories. How long will you be able to play new releases on that PC with equivalent or better graphics? A couple of years maybe? If you're replacing the graphics card every 2 years to keep up you will buy about 4 of them during a typical console generation.

Let's argue about games and platforms some more I like it.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Turtlicious posted:

In what world is a mid-line consumer laptop 100$?

e: Wait there are people who believe Consoles are Cheaper then PCs?

Are you serious right now?

Yeah sorry I googled nvivia gtx and the first link was for a $540 gtx 560 2gb superclocked thing, I didn't bother looking past that to realize nobody pays anywhere close to that. I'm not very in touch with video card markets.

If it's any consolation, I get schadenfreude out of the used video card market because I imagine every single one of them was a bitcoin miner and is burnt to hell.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

President Ark posted:

Watermelons aren't actually that durable and the skull is the strongest part of the human body. I can't imagine she was very happy and might've had a broken nose, but chances are not much happened otherwise.

You mean my head won't explode like in those bicycle helmet demonstrations?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

titties posted:

Yes, you can buy a decent PC for the cost of a PS4 and accessories. How long will you be able to play new releases on that PC with equivalent or better graphics.
For as long as the current console generation lasts? I used my previous card for about 7 years.
I imagine that someone who always wants to be on the cutting edge of graphics tech and be able to max out all the graphical whatsits, will want to upgrade every other year. But consoles aren't really the best choice for that person. Then again the person who is able to afford the latest graphics cards every other year, probably doesn't give much of poo poo about the cost anyway.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9js-3-WveqA

this seems like it could be fake but that scream of primal terror at 1:33 seems really genuine

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

ayn rand hand job posted:

On the other hand, TVs aren't going to be single purpose

lol and a pc is?

Roro posted:

Yes, because when the previous poster said that all you need for a game was a football, he really meant that pro teams just go grab some rando football off the shelf at walmart of something. We're talking about spectators, not the people playing at pro levels. Esports spectators yell at their screens. Football fans yell at their screens, and then start a riot.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Lurking Haro posted:

You mean my head won't explode like in those bicycle helmet demonstrations?

Bicycle helmet demonstrations? :confused:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
http://i.imgur.com/BI8siJw.gifv

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/704443137922433024

ed: wrong thread but trouble brewing

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK has a new favorite as of 02:34 on Mar 1, 2016

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

President Ark posted:

Bicycle helmet demonstrations? :confused:

They drop a watermelon on the ground and it splits open. Then they repeat it with a melon in a bicycle helmet.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Some people like competitive video games. Some people do not. Some people like athletic sports. Some people do not. The world is full of people that like and dislike all sorts of different things.

Get the gently caress over it and stop slapfighting like preschoolers.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Roro posted:

How is whatever is happening at 1:26 not exactly what was supposed to happen?

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hyperlynx posted:

you're not even my real dad

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

Hyperlynx posted:

Some people like competitive video games. Some people do not. Some people like athletic sports. Some people do not. The world is full of people that like and dislike all sorts of different things.

gently caress you I like to watch preschoolers fight

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

HEY NONG MAN posted:

I was laughing pretty hard at first, but I laughed so hard I aggravated my back injury when he loses his grip and the hose loving ROCKETS into the air.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

titties posted:

Unless they didn't have a TV and bought one just for the console then the cost of the TV is irrelevant. If you insist on including that cost, my TV cost about $250 when I bought it 4 years ago. I use it to watch TV, I use it with my console, and it is my PC monitor also so only about 1/3 of the cost applies.

Yes, you can buy a decent PC for the cost of a PS4 and accessories. How long will you be able to play new releases on that PC with equivalent or better graphics? A couple of years maybe? If you're replacing the graphics card every 2 years to keep up you will buy about 4 of them during a typical console generation.

Let's argue about games and platforms some more I like it.

Most people don't upgrade their GPU every 2 years, and they definitely don't do it with brand new stuff. This is a myth, and just not really likely.

I can prove it too! The GTX 980 came out in 2014, and there is not a single game on the market that has it listed as a minimum or recommended requirement.

In fact, Call of Duty Black Ops III recommends a GeForce GTX 760 Which came out in 2013. So a 3 year old GPU can run Black Ops III at "recommended" settings, which matches or surpasses fidelity on consoles.

Not to mention the 760 came out before the PS4. Ontop of that, the 760 was MSRP $240 when it came out, while the PS4 was MSRP $400+

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Jippa posted:

How can I watch that john oliver vid in the UK?

Youtube unblocker.

Worked for me in Australia.

Aerdan posted:

Purple is literally blue + red. It does not exist on the spectrum of visible light, and violet is very much not purple. Neither is indigo. Any impressions otherwise are entirely artificial.

This is stupid. It's like saying soup doesn't exist because meat + vegetables does not exist naturally and any impressions otherwise are entirely artificial.

Mix things to create new things. Holy poo poo, so future :shibe:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Judge Schnoopy posted:

The NVidia GE Force GTX 560, however, is not part of the average computer and costs roughly the same as a mid-line consumer laptop.

My 660 cost $200 and is getting up there in years and hasn't really stressed on anything yet. Most new games run fine on it, especially ports.

My PS4 cost $300 and a lot of games get really inconsistent framerates with the added downside of not being able to alt tab out to do other things during stupid cutscenes.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

whalestory posted:

gently caress you I like to watch preschoolers fight

Agreed. Also, I want to hear them justify posting brony/anime pictures in any thread other than brony/anime threads. Those ones are always hilarious.

Finally, let's just add a sprinkle...no, a dash of DARK SOULS just to really drive the [TOTAL NICHE OBNOXIOUS FAN BASE THAT WANTS TO BRING THEIR BORING DUMB THING TO EVERY CONVERSATION OUTSIDE OF THEIR DUMB GROUP] home.

Also, bicyclists are dumb and wrong.

and that retard getting punched in the face for kicking the boy deserved it.

(runs out of thread full speed)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Professor of Cats posted:

Agreed. Also, I want to hear them justify posting brony/anime pictures in any thread other than brony/anime threads. Those ones are always hilarious.

Finally, let's just add a sprinkle...no, a dash of DARK SOULS just to really drive the [TOTAL NICHE OBNOXIOUS FAN BASE THAT WANTS TO BRING THEIR BORING DUMB THING TO EVERY CONVERSATION OUTSIDE OF THEIR DUMB GROUP] home.

Also, bicyclists are dumb and wrong.

and that retard getting punched in the face for kicking the boy deserved it.

(runs out of thread full speed)

Is a hotdog a sandwich?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

RareAcumen posted:

Is a hotdog a sandwich?

Only if you don't tip your waitress