Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm probably going to do something with EA, I've been wanting to revisit that build for two leagues now. All I really need is a Quill Rain anyway. Probably will roll Scion and abuse the other classes mastery things for some tomfoolery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down

Ultima66 posted:

I think most people will just be using Flesh Offering for most things and then Bone Offering for map bosses so you don't really have to make such a big tradeoff.

I haven't figured out gem slots yet but I may just put bone offering in a cwdt setup

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Cinara posted:

So a few notes. Tora bow isn't worth it, her mod is a prefix so you can't have all 3 important damage mod s(%phys, %phys/acc, +flat phys), and rolling even a decent bow off that would be incredibly hard.

Secondly you can't pick two things from the same base class as Scion, so no having both Raider and Deadeye. You get 6 points to spend, and for the Scion you pick the class specific node and then the ascendancy node doesn't actually cost a point. So you either get an ascendancy from two different classes or the ability to start at a different starting location and a +40 stat node from a different line.

The reason poison is ever any good for bow builds is because of how some modifiers double dip on it. So generic projectile nodes are the best, chaos nodes are only good when using Voltaxic. You especially don't want to scale just chaos if you plan on using Bleeding also, work on scaling your base damage. Bleeding is a tough one cause the damage is pretty bad unless the target is moving, and harder to scale than poison damage.

You have some really weird choices like pathing all the way to Shadow and not Blood Siphon which is a 10% hp node. You are really low on life in general, 114% at level 80 is lower than I'd advise most of the time.

I would really advise any bow build to be crit based also unless you have a very very good reason not to be. Bows have very good base crit, amazing crit nodes, and poison/bleed both even scale off the base hit so crit works great if you really want to use those.

Your build is a bit all over the place, I would really advise looking at some of the forum builds for different bow builds and seeing which nodes they take. The core ideas behind any bow build are going to be similar, you're mostly going to alter which skills/gear you use and your ascendancy class.

If you really want a bleeding and poison based build, I think your best bet is the Duelist Gladiator subclass, weird as that sounds. The pathing nodes are worthless to you, but you could get 25% chance to bleed on attacks, enemies explode as phys, chance to maim(30% slow), 25% chance to gain frenzy charge on kill(bows are a main hand weapon) and 60% increased damage. It may not be the strongest build but is interesting! That or take Scion still and doing either Raider or Deadeye + Gladiator, that way you get some better bow stuff and still 15% chance to bleed on hit.

All good stuff, especially that part about chaos damage doing piss-all for me (d'oh) and the Scion Ascendancy mechanic (I'll blame information overload plus the tool not complaining that I did that). I'll see what I can put together with a Duelist, because the thought of exploding everybody is intriguing... :unsmigghh:

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
With assassin, 6 power charges and increased critical strikes makes a 5% base crit gem into a 10%, and gives somewhere around 490% increased crit chance. Not sure quite how it works but I assume you need 850% increased to reach 95% crit chance with 10% base, which means you only need 360 more. That's two decent spell crit daggers or some crit from the tree to always crit with almost any skill. Seems good.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Has anyone used Cast When Stunned as a substitute for CWDT? Generally you don't notice being stunned when you aren't being immediately murdered by it, so does anyone have any experience with how often it happens "incidentally"?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
You absolutely notice when you get stunned. It happens very infrequently unless you've messed up somewhere in your build, or are doing silly things like taking hits from some of the harder hitting monsters in the game.

Edit: In that respect, CWS would likely serve a different purpose (ie- casting something different than you normally put in CWDT) than CWDT, and not be a comparable replacement.

AegisP fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Feb 29, 2016

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Ele spec throw is supposed to be good again? and I'd kind of like to do the one listed in Bugsy's link.

Uniques are Maligaro's, Rat's nest, and Belly of the Beast. Having never mad eit beyond A3M in Standard, is this a bad idea/unaffordable?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Vorenus posted:

Ele spec throw is supposed to be good again? and I'd kind of like to do the one listed in Bugsy's link.

Uniques are Maligaro's, Rat's nest, and Belly of the Beast. Having never mad eit beyond A3M in Standard, is this a bad idea/unaffordable?

On standard right now those three things are like an ex or so total. In a new league you're looking at 5-6 ex total for all of that on softcore.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Vorenus posted:

None of those have any build enabling features, you can use rares until you can afford them. A 'good' ele ST build is incredibly expensive, but a 2 APS rapier and average gear is all you needed back in the day and all you should need in 2.2.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Vorenus posted:

Crit builds get very expensive but you can play with just random poo poo that has life/resists on it. If you're playing ele as long as you have a weapon with good crit chance and attack speed you'll be okay.

E: The big thing is actually jewelry. Most builds can get by with resists and life on jewelry, maybe some mana or WED rolls help. Crit elemental attack builds want Diamond rings with high WED rolls and flat elemental damage, as well as covering resists. These cost multiple exalts each for good ones. Amulets you need some combination of flat damage, 300+ accuracy, 30%+ crit multi (45% post 2.2 because of the numbers being different), 30+% crit chance, 30+% WED. 4 of those stats on one amulet will end up costing you like 5 exalts. Also belts with 30% WED and 100% total resist + 90 life are multi-exalts as well. Unlike most builds that aren't crit attack builds, jewelry for a crit attack build basically entirely defines how much damage you do since everything else is much cheaper.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 1, 2016

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Crit builds in general are harder to gear for and more expensive, with some exceptions. That being said, actually getting crit will be a lot easier this league due to ascendancies like Assassin and the buffed Increased Critical Strike gem so it should be a lot easier and cheaper, barring some major changes in the patch notes as far as I can tell.

You said earlier that you are still very new to the game. Personally I would recommend going for a caster build (Witch Elementalist seems like a good choice if you go non-crit), pick any good spell (most of them are good, like Firestorm). If you want to go melee going Two-Handed Resolute Technique (Marauder Berserker seems like a good ascendancy for that) using whatever melee skill you like (Sunder and Earthquake look good from what I've seen in alpha streams so far) is also a good choice for beginners. Going ele ST is doable for a first character in the coming league from what we've seen but it's a bit harder to gear for and therefore more complicated.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
I guess I'll reprise my FP Witch from 18 months back and hope I don't suddenly need a dozen Exalts worth of rares upon reaching A2C?

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Going with the new Orb of Storms + any lightning spell you like (Spark, Arc, Ball of Lightning) makes for a very smooth leveling experience from what I've seen on alpha streams and is strong in end game as well.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Vasudus posted:

I'm probably going to do something with EA, I've been wanting to revisit that build for two leagues now. All I really need is a Quill Rain anyway. Probably will roll Scion and abuse the other classes mastery things for some tomfoolery.

Keep in mind that the deadeye scion ascendancy is less than useless for EA.

So loving dumb that chain and pierce don't work right with that skill.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Wait, Chain doesn't work with EA?

Wouldn't the extra projectile from Deadeye at least help you stack charges faster?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

NecroMonster posted:

Keep in mind that the deadeye scion ascendancy is less than useless for EA.

So loving dumb that chain and pierce don't work right with that skill.

Seriously, that additional arrow would be great, but the pierce chance is horrible. I think you want some combo of Berserker, Elementalist and Raider if you're going as Scion.

I did see some really interesting talk about going Champion as a Duelist though. EA already has incredibly strong damage and Champion gives you permanent 20% stronger Fortify, 10% attack speed and 8% move speed. Then you can pick from 35% damage + 10% move speed for you and allies or 40% damage when not low life and +200% armor/evasion + status clear when you are low life. I think I'd prefer the move speed but both are strong picks. Overall the defensive powers of Champion should make you feel near invulnerable when combined with the crazy high HP EA builds have and the block from Rearguard.

whypick1 posted:

Wouldn't the extra projectile from Deadeye at least help you stack charges faster?

EA only puts the charge where the projectile ends, so pierce and chain make it not put charges on whatever you hit directly. If you go real Deadeye as Ranger you can avoid picking any chain/pierce and still get the extra projectile along with other great bonuses. But most EA builds don't go anywhere near the ranger area of the tree so you'd either have to run 100% off mana or spend a ton of points pathing through wasted nodes. EA has a very very high base mana cost and you often run Quill Rain so most people take Blood Magic to make it sustainable.

Phobophilia posted:

I've heard somewhere, could someone please confirm, is base critical strike multiplier being dropped from 150% to 100%?

All crit multi is being buffed by 50% so it ends up exactly the same. The change is to make it more logical, crit multi will just add on, instead of being multiplied by 1.5

Cinara fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Mar 1, 2016

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Ultima66 posted:

30%+ crit multi (45% post 2.2 because of the numbers being different)

I've heard somewhere, could someone please confirm, is base critical strike multiplier being dropped from 150% to 100%?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Phobophilia posted:

No, but crit mult items add to it directly instead of multiplying the base critmult.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

whypick1 posted:

ea doesn't leave it's charge in a mob if it pierces or chains.

The actual deadeye acendancy for the ranger should be good as hell for EA on the other hand, far shot, 20% increased aoe, and an extra projectile. Sign me right the gently caress up.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Phobophilia posted:

No it works exactly the same, the numbers just look 1.5x as much. Right now your base critical multiplier is 150% and if you get +50% critical multiplier on gear the number on your stat screen will say 225%, because the game is actually doing 150% base * ( 100 + 50% increased ) crit multiplier. After 2.2, that gear will just say +75% critical multiplier, and now you will get 150% + 75% critical multiplier, which is much more intuitive.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

NecroMonster posted:

The actual deadeye acendancy for the ranger should be good as hell for EA on the other hand, far shot, 20% increased aoe, and an extra projectile. Sign me right the gently caress up.

Far shot won't work with explosive arrow's explosion. It's proejctile attack and the explosion doesn't count as an attack.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

Can't be. Unlike every other modifier in the game the crit number isn't an increase over base. So 100% would be no increased damage from crits at all.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Oh my god why is it projectile attack and not just projectile?

Oh well the 20% aoe and extra projectile will still be rockin'

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

NecroMonster posted:

Ah, the wiki only mentioned Pierce, not Chain. Some big-rear end letters that said "FUSES ONLY LAND ON THE LAST TARGET HIT" on the tooltip would be nice.

And now I'm thinking about making a Duelist Gladiator EA build...drat you.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

dis astranagant posted:

No, but crit mult items add to it directly instead of multiplying the base critmult.

I see, all numbers are now times 1.5. So it is effectively no change, it's just being made more intuitive.

But does that make all 1.1 - 2.1 crit multi legacy gear worthless, or are they going to go through the database and times everything by 1.5?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
I wonder what the best Ascendancy class will be for Facebreakers... my current character is low enough level that I might reroll if needed... (Marauder right now, but Duelist seemed to be favored pre-expansion)

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Ekster posted:

Going with the new Orb of Storms + any lightning spell you like (Spark, Arc, Ball of Lightning) makes for a very smooth leveling experience from what I've seen on alpha streams and is strong in end game as well.

I'll give this a go, thanks!

vvv I don't see any non-crit lightning builds there.

Vorenus fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 1, 2016

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Magus42 posted:

I wonder what the best Ascendancy class will be for Facebreakers... my current character is low enough level that I might reroll if needed... (Marauder right now, but Duelist seemed to be favored pre-expansion)

Juggernaut seems really good for facebreaker.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I really want to build max block spellcaster again, but keeping up Bone Offering seems less than appealing even if its effect is amazing. I guess with skill effect and increased duration you could push the duration up to reasonable enough levels?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Hello game changer!

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

Vorenus posted:

I guess I'll reprise my FP Witch from 18 months back and hope I don't suddenly need a dozen Exalts worth of rares upon reaching A2C?

It's a much different game then it was 18 months ago, everything's cheaper. I actually just started playing again after close to a year hiatus, I thought I was being trolled when I saw the prices of Shavs, Kaoms, etc. But if you actually have to buy stuff for Act 2 Cruel, you might want to try a different build.

---

Wanders always been my favorite build and I'm definitely contemplating Shadow Life Based Phys Wander. I know a lot of people have been using Piscator's Vigil, but I don't feel like messing around with low life right away. I've always preferred phys anyway just because of leech, but from what little I've caught up with, seems like they added a few more ways to get leech without the gem or phys damage.

Haha god drat! I see they added a leveling wand unique... That thing [Twyzel] is sick!

I also noticed people seem to prefer barrage over PS now? I'm guessing because it saves you a link since you would just need chain, as opposed to LMP/GMP + Chain? Ah, the other thing is that power charges don't really matter because of Assassins Mark anyway. I guess I could still use PS for single target cause the Cull is nice, but Frenzy would be way less of a hassle and probably better.

... On the other hand, Tornado Shot just seems like it would be easier in every way. But, now that I think about it, respeccing between the two would be cheap and easy. If I start with Shadow TS, and went with EB + Disc + AA for defense, all the wand nodes are right there. Besides those and grabbing the Witch Power Charge, everything else is pretty much the same. I just hate making a Wander without a decent Wand waiting for me.

10bux fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Mar 1, 2016

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Bugsy posted:

Hello game changer!

:aaaaa:

This might actually get me to not be such a lazy bastard when it comes to selling stuff.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

AegisP posted:

I really want to build max block spellcaster again, but keeping up Bone Offering seems less than appealing even if its effect is amazing. I guess with skill effect and increased duration you could push the duration up to reasonable enough levels?

Base duration is 3 seconds and it gets an extra .5 seconds per corpse. An extra 64% duration from Increased Duration plus an extra 30% from the Mistress nodes should give you at least 10 seconds of uptime.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Apparently one of the helm enchants is 6% attack speed per Reave stack. PER STACK.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

Bugsy posted:

Hello game changer!

Wait seriously? :woop:

e: So glad I got 9 more stash tabs last weekend now.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Bugsy posted:

Base duration is 3 seconds and it gets an extra .5 seconds per corpse. An extra 64% duration from Increased Duration plus an extra 30% from the Mistress nodes should give you at least 10 seconds of uptime.

Yea, that's what I was considering doing, along with one of the skill duration nodes on the tree for +45% more. I'd be running Blade Vortex, so the extra duration I'd be picking up anyway.

Mentalfloss
Nov 19, 2003

Grandma is a whore
The way it changes the name makes me think it's just an easier way for the third party stuff to get price information. I'm guessing we'll probably still have to deal with the trading part manually.

Mentalfloss fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Mar 1, 2016

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003

Mentalfloss posted:

The way it changes the name makes me think it's just an easier way for the third party stuff to get price information. I'm guessing we'll probably will still have to deal with the trading part manually.

Yeah, hopefully if they're going to still force you to search for items outside of the game like you do now that they expand the API so developers can create better tools to do so.

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

Bugsy posted:

Hello game changer!

Oh god that's brilliant! I'm guessing your still not going to be able to actually sell when your offline? Don't get me wrong, the sub-heading is loving amazing cause I never could keep my shop up to date with the correct buyouts. I was just imagining for a second, finally being able to clear out my standard Stash by just allocating random buyouts to different tabs and playing something worthwhile as the currency comes rolling in.

edit: Honestly though, this is really all we need. Thinking back, the two main things that made trading a pain in the rear end was first, incompetent websites incapable of correctly veryfying if the person is online AND the item is still actually in that persons possession. This seems to be fixed already.

Secondly, the people who don't list a buyout so you ask them how much? They respond with, "make an offer." So, you go ahead with your offer and they respond with something like "no thx kbye." Or, "you loving low-ball me noob? IGNORED!"

Now, I'm not saying these people are going to be extinct; but, you gotta think they're at least on their way out?

The other thing is, 2chaos doesn't necessarily mean 2chaos, and that's something I actually really like about PoE. If you remove face to face buying and selling, it would be a lot more difficult to have anything similar to that. In all likelihood, if you didn't have chaos, fuse, exalt, and eternals, you probably wouldn't be able to buy poo poo anyway!

10bux fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Mar 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

AegisP posted:

Apparently one of the helm enchants is 6% attack speed per Reave stack. PER STACK.

A max of 48% inc attack speed is nice, but all the helm enchants I've seen seem really strong.

• Locked thread