Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

fozzy fosbourne posted:

shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yeah shimmy yay
Gimme the initiative so I can take it away
Off on a buffered charge bon-voyage
Yeah from the home of the microstep squad

USER WAS PROBATED FOR THIS POST

Ooh baby I shoryu rawww

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

Ono tweeted on the 24th that they would be giving more info about a patch, I would guess the March one, in "the next few days." I hoped that meant we'd get more details or even a time frame by now but I guess not. :(

Still enjoying most of my online play immensely. And I also like that Ono has given a few straightforward apologies about the launch troubles. It's nice in a world of "we understand some people are reporting alleged issues that may or may not exist."

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Just make the lobbies more than barely functional. Set rank limits, set region limits (and make them better than just limiting to country), fix lobby searches not giving any info on region or bars, implement ping instead of bars in general, let us actually write what we want instead of 95% useless preset sentences, let us message people over CFN, remove all the dead lobbies that fill up searches and take forever to be removed.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

let us actually write what we want instead of 95% useless preset sentences

I don't know people seem to get a lot of mileage out of devour-our-our

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

messaging needs a dedicated button after all matches so i can get as salty as possible

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

messaging needs a dedicated button after all matches so i can get as salty as possible

What do you mean? Hotkey-ing a few favorite phrases from the list or typing your own like they were talking about?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i really like the fact that people i play on street fighter v have zero way to communicate with me.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009
Some moves in this game can move your character realllly far forward during active frames, if you get whiff punished you'll end up much closer than where you attacked from. Can probably get much better punishes than it would seem at first on some moves, and makes every punish on some moves more consistent (cause your buttons have no fuckin range).

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Okay, so thanks to whoever posted the Laura mixup video. That was really helpful.

I'm trying to master her LP xx LP Elbow, but the timing is /incredibly/ tight on it. Is there anything I can do short of constantly working on it in training to make it easier?

You might have luck with negative edging it. Press lp, do the motion, then release.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Real hurthling! posted:

try but hole

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

amazing chest ahead

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

I'd like to see like an old wizened female akuma/gouken type lady. Can't think of a fighting game that's had a woman fill that archetype yet.

Has there been?

Wizened, female, akuma, pick two: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kROMK7dAuxs

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Trykt posted:

amazing chest ahead

Try using two hands.

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

Very nice.

Any particular reasons you chose it that you can share? I'm idly researching arcade sticks (that 30-tabs-about-it-open-for-weeks kind of idly) and I like hearing people's reasons.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Hydrocodone posted:

Still enjoying most of my online play immensely. And I also like that Ono has given a few straightforward apologies about the launch troubles. It's nice in a world of "we understand some people are reporting alleged issues that may or may not exist."
This is basically EA with all current gen EA sports games I've played. SF V works better online against players on the other side of the world than EA games work against players on same country. This is not hyperbole at least not in case of their nhl games.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Can someone share that "Don't buy octagonal gates for fightsticks" picture? TIA

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
I remember how I kept defending this game, bought it early, and I'm like the only one in this thread not playing it.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
http://imgur.com/a/CPlne

all very good.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hydrocodone posted:

Very nice.

Any particular reasons you chose it that you can share? I'm idly researching arcade sticks (that 30-tabs-about-it-open-for-weeks kind of idly) and I like hearing people's reasons.

i have a te2 and it uses good parts with great hefty weight and is easy access to the inside to change or replace stuff.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Mar 1, 2016

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

SectumSempra posted:

I remember how I kept defending this game, bought it early, and I'm like the only one in this thread not playing it.
im not playing it because its unplayable for me

40 dollars well spent
thank god training mode exists so i can practice the 3 combos that exist

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
I did a new video about frame data, for anyone who is confused about how to read it and how it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmVzilCDMiE

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

!Klams posted:

Ok this amazing! Thankyou! What is vskill armor SPD, is that a thing I can do? Just tap mk + mp into spd? If so that's kind of amazing! Also, blocked vortex SPD? Can you buffer it during? Because in my experience, if they block your v trigger, then you have to block low because otherwise no matter what I press they sweep me? (Sometimes even holding low block while I'm spinning didn't seem to get enough and I got sweeped anyway)

I don't play gief so I'm not completely sure on the particulars, but I know I've seen snake-eyes do a v-skill (red with armor) against a jump-in that is doing 1-hit and then spd'ing them right in the face while they're still in recovery.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

let us actually write what we want instead of 95% useless preset sentences, .

Please let sfv players experience Haviet Ramirez or whatever the gently caress his name is

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

http://sfv.fightinggame.community

I just saw this on twitter, can't say anything w/rt to it's validity

:yum:

e: it's kind of crazy to me how popular Karin is

fozzy fosbourne fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Mar 1, 2016

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

im not and i wont play it

just here to poo poo on it and laugh at the gifs of hot-ryu acting like a girl

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

fozzy fosbourne posted:

nash and dhaslim have like 2 matchups below 50% on those charts. ken has like 6 below 40 lol ken players.

Okita
Aug 31, 2004
King of toilets.

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Ken tied with R. Mika for worst global win rate at 38%, time to revise the flowchart:

I'm in talks with Capcom about adding flame effects to his c. MP, probably also his dashes.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

quote:

Build quality, easily moddable art, easy access tray to swap parts (though in most any stick it's already easy), touch pad controls for training mode shortcuts, and sanwa buttons instead of the Hori's garbage Kuro buttons. I'll be swapping out the stick for a Hayabusa stick.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
e: nvm

Goodpart fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Mar 1, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Goodpart posted:

Uhhhhh... the TE2 comes with Sanwa buttons

he says so. read again

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

Real hurthling! posted:

he says so. read again
:v:

New Kuros (which are simply called Hayabusas or Falcons) loving own btw; the old Kuros are dead models.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yeah there's nothing wrong with the rap4's buttons.

anyone have thoughts about which of these two low ryu confirm combos to use as a go to?

cr lk, cr lp xx dp hp

vs

cr lp, cr lp xx dp hp

the latter seems to have more range, do more damage and feels easier to link but i see people recommending the former online a lot - does it come out quicker or do more stun or something? thanks

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Goodpart posted:

:v:

New Kuros (which are simply called Hayabusas or Falcons) loving own btw; the old Kuros are dead models.

how do they compare to sanwas?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Booyah- posted:

how do they compare to sanwas?

I thought I liked them until Sunday but I ordered Sanwas to replace mine on my RAP4 because I really don't like the feel of them compared to Sanwas.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Okita posted:

Ken tied with R. Mika for worst global win rate at 38%, time to revise the flowchart:

I'm in talks with Capcom about adding flame effects to his c. MP, probably also his dashes.

the real joke is that if you removed the hadouken and the crouching/back part so it just said 'mp' this would apply to like 80% of the cast

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Mar 1, 2016

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
LI Joe is analyzing Winter Brawl Top 8 on his stream atm if anyone's interested; he's on his first match with Julio atm.

NecroMonster posted:

im not and i wont play it

just here to poo poo on it and laugh at the gifs of hot-ryu acting like a girl

:shrek:

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
I left out an important combo in my dump post:

CC st.HK, cr.HP xx HP SRK xx Super (close range, vs. standing only)

That's pretty much max damage on a CC punish without any ~microwalk~ bullshit. It does absurd damage if you pop V-Trigger before the CC st.HK. I edited the post if you wanna update the OP as well!

Real hurthling! posted:

anyone have thoughts about which of these two low ryu confirm combos to use as a go to?

cr.lk~cr.lp starts with a low and is the same speed, so it's way better. The range difference (if it exists) doesn't matter for the situations you would use this type of confirm in, please don't use cr.lp~cr.lp ever (these are technically chains and not links btw!). Protip for this combo:

hold down-forward for the cr.lk, then as you hit cr.lp just do a fireball motion, you will get a DP easy. Do another fireball motion and press HP again and the super comes out. It's actually incredibly easy, I practiced this combo the "hard" way for days before I realized this even though I should have known it from SF4!

Your best walk-up/dash-up hit confirm BTW is st.lp st.lk (this one IS a link), st.lp is a 3 frame normal and has a pretty great hitbox to make up for its short range. You can use the same input trick for easy DP and Super as well, just hold forward (you can even be holding forward before you ever press st.LP) and when you press st.LK do a fireball motion and press HP, then another fireball and press HP.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
ungh chargeback moves seem harder to do in this, im using an xbox controller on pc

especially fang's double poison throw thing... worst part about it is it sends me flying in the air with a totally missed punch

so... not sure i want to take the plunge, but any good recs on joysticks for pc's?

edit: actually, its mostly a problem with just fang, prob bcz his animations are so weird.

Madcosby fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Mar 1, 2016

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

In my 4th attempt at hard mode survival with Chun I made it to level 34 and then the Birdie CPU just destroyed me. gently caress this grind. Hard. Right up the butthole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine
Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced Fight Stick for a PS4 player on a budget? I'd like to play more SFV, but I keep messing up reactionary inputs on my controller, so I want something that's easier to be precise with.