Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Gob Bluth was named for Jeb, but Jeb is a
Milford man, through and through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Radish posted:

JEB was planning on getting the crew of criminals from Reagan and his brother's administration to have more war adventure fun. You should never feel sorry for JEB! Trump bullying him out of the race was the best thing that man will have done in his entire life.

That and this idea of a single close family having multiple presidents within 3 generations is scary. No to Bush, no to Clinton (Hilary or Chelsea). Roosevelts don't count because those 2 were completely separated.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

*screams angrily, punches statuette off of lectern*

But enough about that time that Mel Gibson won an oscar.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

The Crotch posted:

If you catch yourself feeling sorry for Jeb, here's some recommended reading.

That ending is really good.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Ranter posted:

Roosevelts don't count because those 2 were completely separated.

Well not completely separated. They were distant cousins.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

El Disco posted:

Well not completely separated. They were distant cousins.

FDR was more closely related to Eleanor than Teddy.

The aristocrats!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Also you had 24 years, 5 other Presidents, World War I, and the Great Depression between Teddy and Franklin. There were some Big Things in between those two administrations.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Ranter posted:

That and this idea of a single close family having multiple presidents within 3 generations is scary. No to Bush, no to Clinton (Hilary or Chelsea). Roosevelts don't count because those 2 were completely separated.

How do you feel about John Quincy Adams

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Just read RationalWiki's article if you want a quick rundown on how much of a shitbag Jeb is despite trying to make himself look like the "moderate" candidate.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

The Crotch posted:

What the gently caress is a he-coon?

e: what does the entire quote mean? Someone called jeb bush a male black person? What? Who walks around before sunup? ??? (?)

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Mar 1, 2016

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Xander77 posted:

So, how much of a pos was he? Because right now, I kinda feel sorry for the fucker.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I didn't and still don't want Jeb Bush to be president, but I can't help feeling kind of sad for the guy.

He just tried so hard at something he's so bad at.

The Crotch posted:

Alternatively, just have a small paragraph's worth of reading that should make you despise Jeb! with every fiber of your being:

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day, “I was commander-in-chief of the National Guard. I visited Iraq and Afghanistan. The National Guard in Florida took the responsibility of running Abu Ghraib prison. I walked that prison. I saw the heroic effort of the citizen soldiers taking care of their job with great distinction. I supported our Guard in every possible way.” ~ Jeb!
If you don't know what Abu Ghraib is, then have a fun* trip down memory lane of the Bush years:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Ghraib_torture_and_prisoner_abuse

*Disclaimer: Trip is not actually fun, it's miserable as gently caress and will replace all pity you have for Jeb! with hatred.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Stultus Maximus posted:

FDR was more closely related to Eleanor than Teddy.

The aristocrats!

On his mother's side or something? Because as Teddy's niece, Eleanor was also a fifth cousin but once remove.

GreenTea4Breakfast
Feb 17, 2016

good morning, friends

Krinkle posted:

What the gently caress is a he-coon?

e: what does the entire quote mean? Someone called jeb bush a male black person? What? Who walks around before sunup? ??? (?)

Chiles was calling himself a he-coon; the image is of a crafty animal slipping into first place at the last minute. As the article notes, Chiles was famous for having walked a thousand miles across Florida during his first senatorial campaign.

GreenTea4Breakfast fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Mar 1, 2016

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
IS IT ICKY THAT HE hosed HER YES OR NO

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

The Roosevelts were absolutely a multi-generation political dynasty, but FDR was widely regarded as a traitor to his family and class. Imagine if one of W's kids instituted minimum income and single-payer.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I swear Ramirez is hovering dangerously close to self-awareness.

Also enjoy this piece of poo poo

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Doc Hawkins posted:

The Roosevelts were absolutely a multi-generation political dynasty, but FDR was widely regarded as a traitor to his family and class. Imagine if one of W's kids instituted minimum income and single-payer.

Or like if Ron Reagan were president?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Rorus Raz posted:

I swear Ramirez is hovering dangerously close to self-awareness.

Also enjoy this piece of poo poo

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

How do you feel about John Quincy Adams

He was sexy

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Jurgan posted:

Or like if Ron Reagan were president?

The actor?!

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

GreenTea4Breakfast posted:

Chiles was calling himself a he-coon; the image is of a crafty animal slipping into first place at the last minute. As the article notes, Chiles was famous for having walked a thousand miles across Florida during his first senatorial campaign.

I feel like I still need twelve more pieces of context before this anecdote makes sense. I don't understand how calling yourself a baffling racial slur in the deep south gets votes.

I mean what you're describing is James Carville going "i'm a sneaky snake person and I'm gonna slither up and steal the election" and people for some reason loved it.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Krinkle posted:

I feel like I still need twelve more pieces of context before this anecdote makes sense. I don't understand how calling yourself a baffling racial slur in the deep south gets votes.

I mean what you're describing is James Carville going "i'm a sneaky snake person and I'm gonna slither up and steal the election" and people for some reason loved it.

Coon, here, is short for raccoon. I doubt he was calling himself a racial slur.

Egregious Offences
Jun 15, 2013

Doc Hawkins posted:

The actor?!

The Gipper's son, who is pretty much the polar opposite of his dad.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
First Dog. Less words this time:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014
Everyone dies, even the King of Mars.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Krinkle posted:

The line means something like "I may be old, but I'm crafty", but what Lawton was really saying was "Y'all know I'm a Floridian born and bred, are you really going to had control of our state to that carpetbagger over there?"

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Pretty sure this is referring to the "Party of Lincoln", not Lincoln himself. Because said party will die on Super Tuesday when it nominates Trump. :thejoke:

It's a pretty lovely way to refer to the party though.

EDIT: The birth date is Lincoln's birthday which makes it even dumber :psyduck:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

The Crotch posted:

He was a piece of poo poo, and I'm glad he's dead.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Booth never found Lincoln's phylactery.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

Thank you Mallard for your insightful look at exactly why realistic body types for Barbies are necessary.

(nobody tell him about the secret Trans Barbie).

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]

Rorus Raz posted:

Booth never found Lincoln's phylactery.
No. Like all things, we can blame Batman for it

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

:drat:

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
In his defense, I am also a little puzzled as to why Barbie made this change now, given that it's been a controversy since before I was born.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Bruce Tinsley, man who's life's work is a medium that hasn't been relevant for decades, published in the weekly paper's funnies, attempts to tell us what "real news" is.

Samurai Sanders posted:

In his defense, I am also a little puzzled as to why Barbie made this change now, given that it's been a controversy since before I was born.

The march of progress is slow but unerring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I think part of it was the success of Frozen merchandise coming at the expense of Barbies getting them to pay some attention.

• Locked thread