Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
Yeah helmet enchants are crazy. Could see people buying unique or good rare helmets then running the labyrinth until they get a good enchant and reselling for a profit. Sounds like a decent way to make money if labyrinths turn out to be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Rurutia posted:

I'm reading some stuff about ED/Contagion not being very good for end-game. How true is that?

The build I ran in talisman made it to T12 maps before I had to quit because RL got busy. Some stuff was pretty slow but it was very safe because I had 5500hp even with a tabula equipped and ran temp chains + enfeeble on blasphemy. Most of my tree was AoE radius and duration nodes and I went all the way down to duelist for that weird DoT/Duration notable that was probably intended for bleeds.

Abyssal Cry + Poison + inc Aoe + life leech is really cool too :gibs:

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

Grizlor posted:

The build I ran in talisman made it to T12 maps before I had to quit because RL got busy. Some stuff was pretty slow but it was very safe because I had 5500hp even with a tabula equipped and ran temp chains + enfeeble on blasphemy. Most of my tree was AoE radius and duration nodes and I went all the way down to duelist for that weird DoT/Duration notable that was probably intended for bleeds.

Abyssal Cry + Poison + inc Aoe + life leech is really cool too :gibs:

Hah, I'm planning on doing pure ES/Eva without any life nodes. I'm actually wondering if it's overkill right now with 208% ES, 192% Evasion, ZO, Vile bastion, and Wicked Ward at 85 with spell block uniques out the wazoo since I'm only playing on SC. Not sure how to path effectively while picking up more dps though.

Rurutia fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Mar 1, 2016

Hauki
May 11, 2010

in game drop down pricing per item or tab loving owns

that is all

J
Jun 10, 2001

Here's the formal announcement regarding public stash tabs. It is actually going live tomorrow. Wow.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

loving premium stash tabs

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Welp, guess I'm buying at least one of these premium tabs

panda clue
May 23, 2014
loving pay2win, blizzard is loving us again!!!!!!

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
All the old tools will still work just fine for anyone who doesn't have premium stash tabs.

Myself, I am happy I bought another 24 tabs during the last sale.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

Devor posted:

Welp, guess I'm buying at least one of these premium tabs

Its ok GGG deserves your money :getin:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Good news, even better is that it's the "First Wave of Trade Improvements". Come on offline selling/buying.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Duck and Cover posted:

Good news. even better is it's the "First Wave of Trade Improvements". Come on offline selling/buying.

nice trollbait, dnc.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

panda clue posted:

nice trollbait, dnc.

What?

panda clue
May 23, 2014

I know you already know that CW is fundamentally against that and it will never happen. nice try m8

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

they won't ever do offline/automated trading because of (the broadly accepted misunderstanding of what was wrong with) diablo 3

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

panda clue posted:

I know you already know that CW is fundamentally against that and it will never happen. nice try m8

I do forget things, and offline buying and selling is not necessarily an auction house (which is what I want but not what was intended by my post)

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
They're against fully automated trading, but they might implement asynchronous trading where both parties need negotiate (even if it's something simple) and get eyes on each other's prize.

They could even make asynchronous trading a pain in the rear end, where either party can alter the deal at any time, and the other party would need to reconfirm the trade.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

and it's all especially funny because there is nothing wrong with it and it's very nearly the only thing diablo 3 got right at all

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

NecroMonster posted:

and it's all especially funny because there is nothing wrong with it and it's very nearly the only thing diablo 3 got right at all

Sure but you see it was the problem, not the bots, the lack of gold sinks, terrible drop rates, ridiculous Hell (whatever the highest difficulty was) difficulty and the whole everyone wanting the same types of items.

Edit: Ah yes it was Inferno that's right.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Mar 1, 2016

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

lack of interesting or meaningful player choice, dearth of game mechanics

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The highest difficulty was Italian Hell

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the highest difficulty was randomly running into a pack of frost wallers and getting pushed into a corner while they repeatedly dropped freezing bombs on you

panda clue
May 23, 2014

NecroMonster posted:

the highest difficulty was randomly running into a pack of frost wallers and getting pushed into a corner while they repeatedly dropped freezing bombs on you

there were a lot of issues with d3 i agree, but the trade system was also majorly flawed. they designed drops around the auction house existing which made you never, ever see anything worthwhile yourself. I would say it was a pretty far cry from 'the one thing they got right'.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

NecroMonster posted:

Sweet tanky zombies this so much fun.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Mar 1, 2016

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

So Poe trade will just trawl the servers directly, no forum posts?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

panda clue posted:

there were a lot of issues with d3 i agree, but the trade system was also majorly flawed. they designed drops around the auction house existing which made you never, ever see anything worthwhile yourself. I would say it was a pretty far cry from 'the one thing they got right'.

That's not really a flaw with the trade system, but rather a flaw with blizzards design philosophy.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

euphronius posted:

So Poe trade will just trawl the servers directly, no forum posts?

it'll keep doing both because people will be too cheap to or unable to buy premium tabs/upgrades

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
They could quell the pay to win complaints pretty easily: Flag an account for 1 free premium stash tab upgrade (the $1 mtx or whatever) for completing the merciless malachai cheevo :getin:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

lack of interesting or meaningful player choice, dearth of game mechanics

Yea lets also ignore all the people running flipping scripts/bots to buy low priced good items to sell for more. poo poo goons were bragging in the d3 thread about how much money they were making flipping items instead of playing the game. But yes the ah wasn't the problem. :rolleyes:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

Yea lets also ignore all the people running flipping scripts/bots to buy low priced good items to sell for more. poo poo goons were bragging in the d3 thread about how much money they were making flipping items instead of playing the game. But yes the ah wasn't the problem. :rolleyes:

So bots aren't a problem without an auction house?

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Duck and Cover posted:

auction house bots aren't a problem without an auction house. We already have the analogous situation in POE where people run bots against poe.trade or the official API to try and find listings as soon as they go up and grab them instantly. At least with the system we have now, there has to be some sort of human involvement to actually go through with the trade. If you think the top 1% has most of the wealth now, try implementing the D3 system and see what happens.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i fail to see how people buying and selling things is a problem with an auction house system

also, using scripts to (find items to) flip is something that already takes place in poe. the only real difference is that a person has to actually be involved in the transactions that take place

panda clue posted:

If you think the top 1% has most of the wealth now, try implementing the D3 system and see what happens.

any system that increases the number of players selling items will increase the wealth of the 1%.

the infinite virtual video game wealth of the video game 1%

NecroMonster fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Mar 1, 2016

panda clue
May 23, 2014

NecroMonster posted:

also, using scripts to (find items to) flip is something that already takes place in poe. the only real difference is that a person has to actually be involved in the transactions that take place

yes, that is indeed what I just said.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Duck and Cover posted:

Bot's aren't a problem when there's no trading system unless you're some poop socker who cares about leader boards. The problem was the bots and flippers would buy gear that normal people could buy and then use. Yet the flippers would just relist them. And having it in an ah system makes it that much easier which means more people are doing it which is worse.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

oh no people are selling things for what they are actually worth the horror

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

oh no people are selling things for what they are actually worth the horror

Flippers were also people moving items over to costing cash. My bad for thinking that having to pull out your CC to get gear because a bot got it for gold first is ok. :shrug:

Anyways this derail is dumb but not surprising that it came from the guy who has been known to shill path of exile in the diablo thread. lmao.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the rmah was a bad idea yeah

i mean i did end up using to to get my money back for that dreadful game, but it was bad

but the RMah was also a very different deal from a simple ah and something no game should ever touch again

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

the rmah was a bad idea yeah

i mean i did end up using to to get my money back for that dreadful game, but it was bad

but the RMah was also a very different deal from a simple ah and something no game should ever touch again

That we can agree on :).

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

The highest difficulty was getting two shotted by a regular mob as a Barb/Monk in A3 in the best possible tank setup/gear available while Sorcs/DH's wore glass cannon gear and were able to clear everything by the virtue of having damage immunity mechanics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Eh my gear wasn't that good on my Monk and I only died going to act 2 until I got better gear and then didn't die again until Diablo all prenerf

• Locked thread