Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008

silver goons dont know what they are missing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

sinewave posted:

Play this game at your own rate. If you grind mobs and rush cap you will miss the majority of the game.

If you want to rush cap, expect to make alts to explore the entire rest of the game. Some of the main stats only train with profession/life/home_economics skills (speed, stamina, bonus health) so expect to do some exploration and crafting. Recipes are not published in game, but the quests show you examples. It's all on the internet, but the point is there's a lot of stuff hidden in the world that you miss by just killing mobs.

i think there's a wiki for recipes that you can access via like uhhh f2 (there was in cbt2 anyway)? it's still not technically 'in game' because it's a separate little browser window that pops up but that could be useful for any weirdos that play full screen.

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face

Minsky posted:

I keep seeing what looks like dozens of people AFK fishing on twitch streams. Does this work with them too?

all the professions have an outfit you can craft/buy that makes you non aggro to mobs while professioning

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes
Isn't there like a guest pass feature? I can't play til the 2nd so... can a kind goon PM me one please? If it works that way, that is.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

desudrive posted:

Isn't there like a guest pass feature? I can't play til the 2nd so... can a kind goon PM me one please? If it works that way, that is.
Guess passes will be enabled for use on 3rd March.

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes

kalstrams posted:

Guess passes will be enabled for use on 3rd March.

Ah okay, so it doesn't work that way. Never mind!

Minsky
May 23, 2001

sinewave posted:

all the professions have an outfit you can craft/buy that makes you non aggro to mobs while professioning

boo

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here
SILVER IS UP! Go Go Go!

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I'm stuck at work, have fun goons and I'll see you tomorrow.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
50 dollar packs go

all 2 of you

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Who am I messaging for an invite in Orwen?

Edit: Or someone could just invite my character I guess, Benedetta Darkplace.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Who am I messaging for an invite in Orwen?

Edit: Or someone could just invite my character I guess, Benedetta Darkplace.

lewtt, stormgale, someone else

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Can you fight from your horse?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Angrymog posted:

Can you fight from your horse?

Yes, how do you heal an injured horse (as in one that died)

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
THANKS LEWTT.
Incurred the wrath of the "Laughing Coffins" RP guild.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
There's a lolicon RP guild?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I see little has changed with them since Archeage.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

So the main forums are flooded with rage posts about Explorer packs not being let into the game, because they bought them after the pre-order, which specifically stated that the headstart is for preorders only. Theres literally thousands of posts calling for fraud.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The Quake posted:

So the main forums are flooded with rage posts about Explorer packs not being let into the game, because they bought them after the pre-order, which specifically stated that the headstart is for preorders only. Theres literally thousands of posts calling for fraud.

"Got to get in before all the filthy F2Pers get in and ruin everything!"

*Forgets BDO is a B2P game*

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Charles Bukowski posted:

I see little has changed with them since Archeage.

Could be a different group with the same bad taste in anime.

Agonist
Jul 16, 2009

Stormgale posted:

Yes, how do you heal an injured horse (as in one that died)

At a horse stable.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Unguided posted:

Could be a different group with the same bad taste in anime.

They are confirmed an "Archeage" Laughing coffins, if they were our laughing coffins we don't know.

Midrena
May 2, 2009
gently caress me. I forgot to change the voice on my character and it's annoying as hell.

Does the name get released after 24 hours when you initiate character deletion? Some people are claiming 30 days but I don't know if that's only for the KR version.

Deletion timers suck rear end. Wish they'd lower the timer on EU like they did for NA.

Midrena fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Mar 1, 2016

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

So my friend has been recommending I check this game out, but I have just one question before I take the plunge: how good/bad are berserker to play? My usual class in MMO's is the high armor dual wielding one but I have no idea how viable in solo/group pve and pvp situations they are.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Sorry, this game is about making boats and fishing. Swords don't catch fish very well you will need to reroll

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

RedneckwithGuns posted:

So my friend has been recommending I check this game out, but I have just one question before I take the plunge: how good/bad are berserker to play? My usual class in MMO's is the high armor dual wielding one but I have no idea how viable in solo/group pve and pvp situations they are.

You suplex dudes. That's all you need to know

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I'm considering buying this horrible game. Please put me off it thread. How bad is it?

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Berious posted:

I'm considering buying this horrible game. Please put me off it thread. How bad is it?

Not terrible if you understand its a grindy k-mmo. Read the OP and understand what you're getting into. Its pretty good so far.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Some great outrage today, apparently you can't get a refund if you launched the client.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

Some great outrage today, apparently you can't get a refund if you launched the client.

Yeah, there's a checkbox you have to select when you launch the client basically saying you fully waive your 14-day refund rights. I'm fairly sure that's illegal in certain areas, but it's there.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

Eltoasto posted:

They make you check another box right above agreeing to the EULA, basically that you forfeit any right to ask for a refund by playing early access. It was there during CBT too I'm pretty sure

Denis
Apr 8, 2015

univbee posted:

Yeah, there's a checkbox you have to select when you launch the client basically saying you fully waive your 14-day refund rights. I'm fairly sure that's illegal in certain areas, but it's there.

in Europe that box doesnt mean a thing.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Denis posted:

in Europe that box doesnt mean a thing.

its for US plebs like me because corporations can legally bend you over a table and gently caress you here

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

univbee posted:

Just pay through paypal (really for everything online) enjoy your 180 day no-fuss chargeback policy. Their checkbox doesn't mean poo poo, even in the US. What are they gonna do after you get your money back, ban you?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Or pay with your credit card, most offer some kind of protection.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Kimsemus posted:

Just pay through paypal (really for everything online) enjoy your 180 day no-fuss chargeback policy. Their checkbox doesn't mean poo poo, even in the US. What are they gonna do after you get your money back, ban you?

yeah, you get banned for illegal activity and the police investigate potential fraud

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Stormgale posted:

lewtt, stormgale, someone else

wassup, usual suspects

Looking forward to the next round of whatever it is happens with goons in games :)

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

glug posted:

wassup, usual suspects

Looking forward to the next round of whatever it is happens with goons in games :)

I can quit anytime I want.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Blazing Zero posted:

yeah, you get banned for illegal activity and the police investigate potential fraud

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Cops knocking on your door because you charged back a paypal payment. I am literally laughing out loud that a human being typed these words out.

Anyway. If I buy the game now, do I get in on Thursday or Friday? I thought I saw the 4th but now I am reading the 3rd in places?

Thanks
vvvvvv

Manxome Foe fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Mar 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

3rd.