Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Abel Wingnut posted:

that seems like the unsafest market in the world right now. i really don't know what to think of early votes vs trump surge

Cruz will probably win Texas. Poll averaging, campaign infrastructure advantages, etc. point to a Cruz win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

Zeta Taskforce posted:

Still have about 130 shares left of the 800 I bought yesterday. Going to sell them between 7 and 8 eastern time no matter what price I get. I'm monitoring Oklahoma. I'm in deeper than I want to be for Hillary so I'm a seller on any spike. I'm going to decide Minnesota based on how muchTrump overperforms or underperforms in MA and VT

I'm even more bullish on Trump right now (outside of Texas, where over half the votes have already been cast in early voting). On Sunday you had every racist in the county sit down and watch the Oscars, where lots of racism got called out (and called out on people far more liberal than your regular Republican primary voter). Trump has the racist vote cornered, and I have a feeling a lot of the #AllLivesMatter crowd is gonna pull out their Trump votes Tuesday to stick a finger in the eye of all this racism talk they've had to listen to.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

Cruz will probably win Texas. Poll averaging, campaign infrastructure advantages, etc. point to a Cruz win.

You're right, but the key to upsets is always late deciders. Ya never know with ole Trumpy boy..

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
what is the best way to request a market?

I emailed support this morning requesting 3 new markets, and have heard 0 response.

We obviously need a Trump debate market asap.

SHINEBLOCKA
Oct 17, 2009

I've got it in for your girlf
Fivethirtyeight is telling me Bernie is going to win Minnesota. Thoughts?

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Arkane posted:

what is the best way to request a market?

I emailed support this morning requesting 3 new markets, and have heard 0 response.

We obviously need a Trump debate market asap.

https://predictit.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/forums/5000219262

I don't know how much they listen to what's suggested though.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

SHINEBLOCKA posted:

Fivethirtyeight is telling me Bernie is going to win Minnesota. Thoughts?

Line up some guarenteed bets on other states (i.e that Hillary will win them, and that bernie wins vermont) and just take your pick for Minnesota. You should at least cover most of your losses with the minor gains on the sure bets.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

e: this isn't the better call saul thread!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

e_angst posted:

I'm even more bullish on Trump right now (outside of Texas, where over half the votes have already been cast in early voting). On Sunday you had every racist in the county sit down and watch the Oscars, where lots of racism got called out (and called out on people far more liberal than your regular Republican primary voter). Trump has the racist vote cornered, and I have a feeling a lot of the #AllLivesMatter crowd is gonna pull out their Trump votes Tuesday to stick a finger in the eye of all this racism talk they've had to listen to.

Bullshit they watched the Oscars. Nobody watches the Oscars, least of all Trump loving racists looking for validation from Hollywood.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Vox Nihili posted:

Early voting, too. Over the 11-day early voting period, a total of 1,107,607 Texans (making up 12% of registered voters) cast ballots. A little over 658,000 voted Republican. In any other state this would benefit Trump the most, but Cruz is the front runner here and the consensus is early voting's going to help him out a lot tomorrow.

I just doubled down.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

going to be real mad if bernie beats clinton in MA

real, real mad

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

Gyges posted:

Bullshit they watched the Oscars. Nobody watches the Oscars, least of all Trump loving racists looking for validation from Hollywood.

Okay, even if they didn't watch the broadcast directly, they saw plenty of Facebook posts about it today, all done through their terrible filter bubble.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Abel Wingnut posted:

going to be real mad if bernie beats clinton in MA

real, real mad

I will too, but I'm still going to vote for him

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

railroad terror posted:

Someone please call me out if these are wrong

Poll closings for Super Tuesday - All times EST

7 PM

Alabama
Georgia
Virginia
Vermont

8 PM

Massachusetts
Minnesota - Caucuses begin
Oklahoma
Tennessee
Texas

8:30 PM

Arkansas

9 PM

Colorado - Caucuses begin

What about Alaska?

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

FourLeaf posted:

What about Alaska?
Polls are open Election Day from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. local time. So the earliest we'll hear anything is probably 12:00 a.m. Eastern (Wednesday).

edit: Apparently some of the outlying islands are Hawaiian time, not sure how this affects the results.

StevePerry has issued a correction as of 05:48 on Mar 1, 2016

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Peachstapler posted:

Early voting, too. Over the 11-day early voting period, a total of 1,107,607 Texans (making up 12% of registered voters) cast ballots. A little over 658,000 voted Republican. In any other state this would benefit Trump the most, but Cruz is the front runner here and the consensus is early voting's going to help him out a lot tomorrow.

I just doubled down.

FWIW it is actually more than that, those stats are only among the 15 largest counties. If you project the same turnout rate onto the overall electorate it is likely more like 1.6 million votes so far, and 900k-1m Republican votes so far.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

G-Hawk posted:

FWIW it is actually more than that, those stats are only among the 15 largest counties. If you project the same turnout rate onto the overall electorate it is likely more like 1.6 million votes so far, and 900k-1m Republican votes so far.
Just confirmed my numbers were from those 15 counties, you're absolutely right.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

how long does it take predictit to cash out a market? i haven't stayed in until the end of one yet

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Abel Wingnut posted:

how long does it take predictit to cash out a market? i haven't stayed in until the end of one yet

Anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 week. Usually a day or so, though.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

G-Hawk posted:

Also I hope the early voting talking points don't come off as confirmation bias on my part. I am definitely interested in peer critique/validation so if I'm wildly off on this someone slap me so I can dump $500+ in shares before the polls close tomorrow.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Texas is going to have a huge loving turnout. I think that's the first time I've ever entertained that thought.

I'm incredibly interested how my county (Williamson, deep reactionary suburb of Austin) votes. I think Cruz wins it, we're Respectable People here. Trump wins a few East Texas congressional districts, book it.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'm fantasizing about poring over county-level maps

tomorrow is going to be so much fun

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
I still have 500 shares of Trump No Minnesota I could probably sell at a profit of 8c a share. Or I could make $350. Someone convince me to sell.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

I still have 500 shares of Trump No Minnesota I could probably sell at a profit of 8c a share. Or I could make $350. Someone convince me to sell.

Sell or you're on the opposite side of my single largest market. :unsmigghh:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Looks like some last-minute Survey Monkey polls are in

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Help me I can't stop buying Trump Rnom shares.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

What's the most widely-held market? TrumpNOM has roughly ~$340,000 tied up in it.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
OK the price just dipped a bit for Trump in Vermont and a LOT for Trump in Alaska. I need to stop refreshing and go to bed before I panic sell.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

Vox Nihili posted:

Looks like some last-minute Survey Monkey polls are in

wow why on earth is trump YES only going for 72c in AR still... It never made any sense to me that he'd lose there, especially given his biggest competition is Cruz, who has been sliding, while Rubio has been gaining nationally - if anything I guess those two cannibalize the "not-trump" vote

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

thethreeman posted:

wow why on earth is trump YES only going for 72c in AR still... It never made any sense to me that he'd lose there, especially given his biggest competition is Cruz, who has been sliding, while Rubio has been gaining nationally - if anything I guess those two cannibalize the "not-trump" vote

No polls on RCP except the one from 3 days after Iowa where Cruz was up. Like I posted earlier, I got $1,500 worth at 60 cents by waiting around and refilling my own sell orders for a week.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

If Trump doesn't sweep everything but Texas I'm hosed.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

is huffpo's surveymonkey worth a drat? i'm wary of any online poll, even if they've performed well. i don't see how they don't skew to a younger population

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Same, re: Trump YES in MN. I'll be using whether or not MA/VT get called right out of the gate to decide whether I'm holding or not.

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx
Seems like that super-early exit polling data is pushing my Hillary winning Oklahoma shares up 45%. Debating if I really think she'll pull it off or if I should cash out now.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

e_angst posted:

Seems like that super-early exit polling data is pushing my Hillary winning Oklahoma shares up 45%. Debating if I really think she'll pull it off or if I should cash out now.

I think it'll definitely settle where it's at until we get early results or exit polls, so if you feel like those could tip it back, that's a pretty sweet profit.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

e_angst posted:

No one ever went broke taking safe gains..

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Concerned Citizen posted:

No one ever went broke taking safe gains..

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

gently caress SAFE GAINS!!!!!!!!!

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

gently caress EM

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
It's true, do you wanna have Shawn Michaels arms or SCOTT STEINER BIG POPPA PUMP ARMS

• Locked thread