Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matoi Ryuko

FluffieDuckie posted:

they sure type a lot of words in other forums

They're really up on things. And also stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko

Grey forums: up on things and stuff

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

FluffieDuckie posted:

i don't know what you mean by regular store brand. i drink this stuff because i'm a giant taste weenie and it tastes exactly like chocolate milk to me. you can get it lots of places like gnc, vitamin shop, and my computer tells me walmart

yeah thats what i mean by store brand. i'll prol go to GNC or vitaminshoppe but i just wanted to know if its not good to get it at... but if walmarts ok then guess it doesnt matter

the fitness forum is the best i forget about it but i always read it to know why im doing whatever instead of just asking whats the best. they say go cheap

Piso Mojado

lmbo calrissian posted:

yeah thats what i mean by store brand. i'll prol go to GNC or vitaminshoppe but i just wanted to know if its not good to get it at... but if walmarts ok then guess it doesnt matter

the fitness forum is the best i forget about it but i always read it to know why im doing whatever instead of just asking whats the best. they say go cheap

no matter what you get, oder it online cause gnc, etc jack up their prices.

Piso Mojado

it's 6am and I'm on my way to the gym. I hate everything.

alnilam

FluffieDuckie posted:

i didn't know there was such a thing as no contact ice hockey

Ice hockey is really fun, i actually think it's a huge shame that the game has been taken over by a Fight Boys mentality because without deliberate contact it's a really awesome game to watch and to play

alnilam

gently caress anyone who gets rough in a recreational / no contact league

e: i got a slight concussion once from some rear end in a top hat steamrolling me in a recreational, beginners league flag football tournament, my team walked out because the team wasn't reprimanded

Piso Mojado

alnilam posted:

gently caress anyone who gets rough in a recreational / no contact league

e: i got a slight concussion once from some rear end in a top hat steamrolling me in a recreational, beginners league flag football tournament, my team walked out because the team wasn't reprimanded

yeah, maybe in other sports, but rec basketball is the exception. rec league or not, you step to me in the paint, ima make you regret it.

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

Piso Mojado posted:

no matter what you get, oder it online cause gnc, etc jack up their prices.

wtf ugh. wtf. doesnt shipping cancel that out/the certainty that street thugs will steal my package

the unabonger
this definitely doesnt count as fitness but i went on a hike/went birding last saturday in the elkhorn slough, and it was definitely an outdoor activity. dont have a fancy camera so i didnt get any bird pics, but i did get a nice panorama from the spot I ate lunch at:

we went right as the tide started dropping so we saw a good amount of snowy and great egrets, one very large great blue heron, some oystercatchers, a stilt, some avocets, some godwits, and then two greater yellowlegs. There was also a ton of gulls but i didnt really care about them.

Drunk Driver Dad
my whole body is flushed and tingling from this pre workout someone gave me and it's honestly freaking me out a little bit. afiak though beta alanine is harmless but still, dang

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

my whole body is flushed and tingling from this pre workout someone gave me and it's honestly freaking me out a little bit. afiak though beta alanine is harmless but still, dang

That poo poo is garbage dont take it -fitnes/nutrition friend

hemale in pain

beta alanine is fine, you get over the tingles after a couple of weeks of taking it. i mean it's probably debatable if it makes any real difference but it's so cheap you might aswell :shrug:

Piso Mojado

lmbo calrissian posted:

That poo poo is garbage dont take it -fitnes/nutrition friend

Piso Mojado

i flunked out posted:

this definitely doesnt count as fitness but i went on a hike/went birding last saturday in the elkhorn slough, and it was definitely an outdoor activity. dont have a fancy camera so i didnt get any bird pics, but i did get a nice panorama from the spot I ate lunch at:

we went right as the tide started dropping so we saw a good amount of snowy and great egrets, one very large great blue heron, some oystercatchers, a stilt, some avocets, some godwits, and then two greater yellowlegs. There was also a ton of gulls but i didnt really care about them.

this is cool as hell, and hiking definitely counts as fitness.

Piso Mojado

lmbo calrissian posted:

wtf ugh. wtf. doesnt shipping cancel that out/the certainty that street thugs will steal my package

a lot of sites offer free shipping. also if you shop around on amazon you get free shipping and no tax. the best way to order for serious lifters is by the metric ton on alibaba.com.

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

Hiking is cool as poo poo, show off them damb piccies

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

Hiking is cool as poo poo, show off them damb piccies
:agreed:
or dank piccs, if it's a morning hike :)

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

alnilam

The third part of the dang thread title is "outdoors activities"

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

alnilam posted:

The third part of the dang thread title is "outdoors activities"

nobody seemed interested in the historic eddie aikau surf competition when I posted about it, so I can see surf cat's apprehension. Like man, Clyde said it was the best waves he's seen in 40 years.

GoodbyeTurtles

Chill la Chill posted:

nobody seemed interested in the historic eddie aikau surf competition when I posted about it, so I can see surf cat's apprehension. Like man, Clyde said it was the best waves he's seen in 40 years.

Dude did you see that guy loving base jump off that monster wave? Holy poo poo I'd be so dead

AAB

FluffieDuckie posted:

i didn't know there was such a thing as no contact ice hockey

it's one of those "in theory vs in practice" things. where we really aren't supposed to but playing at a low level, there are gonna be dudes that can't stop instantly and will inevitably bump into you.....

alnilam posted:

Ice hockey is really fun, i actually think it's a huge shame that the game has been taken over by a Fight Boys mentality because without deliberate contact it's a really awesome game to watch and to play

....and because they cant stop, it's your fault and noy yer ded mate, drop the gloves.

It's actually a lot of fun and I don't understand the fighty bits either but I sure as hell will elbow a guy if I can get away with it and keep them outta my zone.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

Dude did you see that guy loving base jump off that monster wave? Holy poo poo I'd be so dead

yeah it was pretty epic. seeing the board slip from under him made my eyes go wide. I had that happen once too, though only a ~15-20 foot wave instead of 25-30 these guys were riding. the board slipped under me too, it's p scary.

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

i flunked out posted:

hiking is beyond fitness, it's the ultimate thing, you're a cool person, your soul is radiant, let's be friends

the unabonger

Piso Mojado posted:

this is cool as hell, and hiking definitely counts as fitness.

tbh I probably only hiked for 2 hours. I spent most of the time trying to creep up on birds because my mom "borrowed" my good ones

Chill la Chill posted:

I heard on npr this morning that it was uncle clyde's last time participating, it was a really heartwarming segment

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
Itt... Declare your pull-up count shamelessly. Boast that poo poo bros, announce it

GoodbyeTurtles

Chill la Chill posted:

yeah it was pretty epic. seeing the board slip from under him made my eyes go wide. I had that happen once too, though only a ~15-20 foot wave instead of 25-30 these guys were riding. the board slipped under me too, it's p scary.

Yeah, biggest wave I've had destroy me was only about 8ft and that was more than enough.

Drunk Driver Dad
well seeing as i can really only workout after a 10 hour shift now, i feel as if i need something. can i just abuse caffeine instead?

hemale in pain

lmbo calrissian posted:

Itt... Declare your pull-up count shamelessly. Boast that poo poo bros, announce it

im pretty bad at pull ups. im getting better though :yaycloud:

shabbat goy

Posting from the gym right now. Someone brought season 2 of the Drew Carey show on VHS and is asking people where he can pop it in while he works out.

Piso Mojado

shabbat goy posted:

Posting from the gym right now. Someone brought season 2 of the Drew Carey show on VHS and is asking people where he can pop it in while he works out.

I work out at my work gym, which is empty in the mornings and I typically watch Roseanne.

GoodbyeTurtles

Tonight I'm up on the moor in my van ready for hiking early tomorrow!

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

Yeah, biggest wave I've had destroy me was only about 8ft and that was more than enough.

Just watched this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xy_wIRIrXw . Uncle Clyde :ohdear:

Senior Management

I have a ruined knee, terrible cardio vascular endurance, and I regularly lift boxes with my back.

:jerry:

GoodbyeTurtles

Vynar posted:

I have a ruined knee, terrible cardio vascular endurance, and I regularly lift boxes with my back.

I have all of that and I run and climb and skate and walk everywhere. My bod is held together with tape and hatred.

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
I'm too poor to bulk
id have to have 2 servings of powder a day
thats $50 a month :smith:

MrWillsauce

the 1% have all the glistening muscles in this country and leave none for the underclasses it's p hosed up

Shine

No Muscles For The Majority

lmbo calrissian posted:

I'm too poor to bulk
id have to have 2 servings of powder a day
thats $50 a month :smith:

You don't need to use any sort of powder to bulk.

Piso Mojado

Vynar posted:

I've had 2 ACL and 1 MCL surgery, fractured my patella, and had arthritis by the time I was 24 all from hs and college soccer. if you have a knee related workout question, I can probably help ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mexican Deathgasm

i am looking forward to being confident enough to post in the form thread in ylls but internet people are mostly awful. also looking forward to being confident enough to go to a gym instead of using my home gym so that I can have an actual spotter sometimes. either way weight lifting is awesome and I love feeling strong and having some muscles.

• Locked thread