Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I feel like watering crops is pretty obvious in a farming RPG that hands you a watering can on the first day.

Oberleutnant posted:

Yo is this like the good HM games (like BTN) where tie stops when you're in a building, or like the bad ones where it runs constantly?
I really liked old HM games but when I'm playing a game like this I just wanna chill sometimes and not always be on the clock, so going down the mines was a cool way to relax.

It's always running, which sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
This game owns.

a witch came and farted on my coop as i slept and now i have a demon egg. should i hatch this demon egg?

also

wtf is up with the dwarf? I can't understand him.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Haha, the Linus fish bait scene. I sure hope that was intentional.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

insanityv2 posted:

wtf is up with the dwarf? I can't understand him.
You probably need the dwarfish translation guide. I got it as a reward for donating all the dward scrolls, which are random monster drops.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Chantilly Say posted:

Uh, every time I click that spot it says "there's a book missing" or something like that.

yeah I think you have to click a tile below it, it hovers above the the square like the prompt over a furnace or the heart over your cat when you hug it

Also. you can rearrange the museum pieces. Please spend your next hour organizing it.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

JerikTelorian posted:

A packet of ten seeds is made from one of each foraged plant, so it's a really good deal.

Ah drat. I didn't realize that until too late, already harvested and sold the big pack I got for the bundle. Two weeks of winter left... I guess I'll forage and see how many seed packs I can save up for next winter.

In prepping for spring I have enough iridium for six large sprinklers so far and enough metal for however many small ones I can stand. Coal is the most limiting factor.

I think I'll make seasonal chest sets somewhere, one for seeds/fertilizer and the other to save some dozen or so of each crop for those random quests.

Farming plan for year two is to have one or two huge cash crops then a couple plots each of every other type to start rounding out collections/quests.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Oberleutnant posted:

Yo is this like the good HM games (like BTN) where tie stops when you're in a building, or like the bad ones where it runs constantly?
I really liked old HM games but when I'm playing a game like this I just wanna chill sometimes and not always be on the clock, so going down the mines was a cool way to relax.

Time is always running (save for cutscenes/festivals) but there is literally no fail state, you can't miss out on quests, marriage, or story.

Also, the mine saves your progress every 5 levels with an elevator, so you don't need to get to the bottom in one day.

JerikTelorian fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Mar 1, 2016

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Anyone know what values to toggle in saveinfo to change the level 5 professions? The level ups were kind of bugged for me and automatically just took the left choice every time.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

JerikTelorian posted:

Also, the mine saves your progress every 5 levels with an elevator, so you don't need to get to the bottom in one day.

Well... Rushing to Mines lvl 40 is important because Iron is a bitch to obtain.

I feel as if certain aspects haven't been balanced well, you can easily get the iridium rod and >+5 fishing by end of spring, but it takes forever to grind up copper and iron to upgrade other components and then certain components like the watering can are pointless if you can craft sprinklers.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm fishing 90% High Quality fish and I wish I could just catch some regular ones as turning these fish into sashimi is a huge waste of money :negative:

I mean, I wasn't going to sell them anyway because I need to feed the entire town sashimi every week but the potential money loss..!

e: and like who would even use good fish for sashimi, that's what the worst fish is for :shepface:

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Where do you actually build a silo anyway? A lot of people advising to build one before a chicken coop, but the carpenter only has upgrade house or chicken coop, and it's not in my crating menu far as I can tell.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
How often does the train go by?

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I saw a nice cutscene between Linus and Gus at night when I went to enter the town. George was in it too, but it was just :3: for the payout.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

LibbyM posted:

Where do you actually build a silo anyway? A lot of people advising to build one before a chicken coop, but the carpenter only has upgrade house or chicken coop, and it's not in my crating menu far as I can tell.

There's arrows in the Farm upgrades section at the carpenter that you use to get to other buildings.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

IAmTheRad posted:

I saw a nice cutscene between Linus and Gus at night when I went to enter the town. George was in it too, but it was just :3: for the payout.

I saw this one and immediately wished this game had a hug button

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Hnnnggg. Between CA talking about ideas for additional content and the potential for modding I'm so goddamn stoked about this game's future. It's already the chillest game I've ever played. I can't really overstate how much loving character and style this game has. I just love it.

Maybe I should look into learning to mid this thing. Maybe ore plants of some kind or something.

Edit: I know it's way early, but how promising do the modding tools look so far? I've seen API releases here and there so I'm hopeful.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

JerikTelorian posted:

Small caveat. If you go, say, seven levels then get beat up you lose all progress for that trip. I'm guessing if you go up the elevator at the fifth level then go back down it is saved. But not tested that yet.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I just started Winter of Year 1 and completed the dungeon, so now I'm hunting for more iridium to make more sprinklers (only have two). How do I get to the desert dungeon? I'd like to use the winter to mine the gently caress out of it so I don't have to manually water anything ever again.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

LibbyM posted:

If you look at the coop, at the bottom of the picture you should see a left and right arrow which cycles available buildings.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

I was just blind I guess. Thanks.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Chantilly Say posted:

How often does the train go by?

The train goes by whenever you're not at the spa. :v:

It's basically LOL random. I had a day where it showed up and then a second time 10 in-game minutes later.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Fhqwhgads posted:

I just started Winter of Year 1 and completed the dungeon, so now I'm hunting for more iridium to make more sprinklers (only have two). How do I get to the desert dungeon? I'd like to use the winter to mine the gently caress out of it so I don't have to manually water anything ever again.

You have to get the bus running, which is done by finishing the Vault area of the community center.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
"I literally have no idea why animal crossing or harvest moon are fun"
- Me about a week ago before I started playing this game.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Someone post a waifu/husbando tier list so I can make some informed decisions thanks.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Pigbottom posted:

How do I get the seed incubator? I'm in spring year 2 already and no sign of it.

lvl 9 Farming sadly.
It's one of those things where either you rush before winter for it, or you plan to use it for year three.

Edit:

Saint Freak posted:

Someone post a waifu/husbando tier list so I can make some informed decisions thanks.

Are you a nerd who plays video games? Then Abigail is the only waifu. She belongs to the outcast group (they'll hang out together at certain events) and wants to play Co-Op games with you.

Thor-Stryker fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Mar 1, 2016

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Broken Cog posted:

You have to get the bus running, which is done by finishing the Vault area of the community center.

So I'm SOL until I make enough money to buy out all the bundles? :smith:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Fishing is the best, I just fished up a Diamond and a Dinosaur Egg! :swoon:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Fhqwhgads posted:

So I'm SOL until I make enough money to buy out all the bundles? :smith:

Yup. One tip I can give that helped me is that Gold bars sell for 250 each. If you run the last 5 levels of the dungeon over and over (which you have ample time to do during the winter) you will get a ton of gold ore, as well as gems and various random stuff from the crates. It doesn't take as long as you'd think.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
How long does it take the preserves jar to make things? It's been a couple of days now and I'm wondering if mine is bugged since I put it in my house.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Saint Freak posted:

~GOD TIER~
Sam the Man

~GOON TIER~
Sebastian
Abigail
Leah (debateably part of NERD TIER)

~NERD TIER~
Harvey
Maru
Penny

~TRASH TIER~
Alex
Elliot

~??? TIER~
Haley

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
What are Marnie's actual hours? Also, how long does it take chickens to starve to death? It's winter and these questions are 100% related.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I think you mean Sam is "Goku Tier"

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm wondering if the bait that the hobo teaches you to make after... that scene... was originally named "Master Bait".

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I think you mean Sam is "Goku Tier"

FINE.

~KAMI TIER~
Sam Goku

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008
Is there any way to reset skills (or a way to edit the save file to do so)? I only now looked at future items and find it really dumb that you have to go Tiller in order to improve the worth of artisan goods, also I misread Forester and it is complete garbage.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
How do you attach bait to a fishing pole

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Best husband is Shane.

I expect Haley to be popular, like Deborah from Dragon Quest V.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
where is my mod that just allows me to marry everyone

i want my polyamorous commune

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

How do you attach bait to a fishing pole

Pick up the bait and right-click the pole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Hmm, okay where/how do I submit a bug report? I managed to accidentally eradicate a bunch of hay through a complicated/retarded series of events.

Basically I thought I'd be clever and stash a big stack of hay in a chest the first year so I didn't have to build a second silo and so so much of the starting grass didn't go to waste. Which works fine unless you feed your chickens and then go back to grab more. Clicking the dispenser while you're holding the hay just slams it back in there I think, but if you've switched to a tool the rest you take out doesn't stack with what's already in your inventory, it just vanishes into the void somewhere.

Chantilly Say posted:

Pick up the bait and right-click the pole

This should probably go in the OP.