Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I get like 10 Overwatch cases a day if I keep doing them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Huh, for me its always been between almost instantaneously and 2 minutes

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

ArfJason posted:

Huh, for me its always been between almost instantaneously and 2 minutes

Yea the next one came five minutes later so I guess the system just dumps them on you asap. Which is good, cheating sucks. The two I did so far were only a smurf and a griefer though.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Katana Gomai posted:

The two I did so far were only a smurf and a griefer though.
Prepare for a lot more of those cases.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

symbolic posted:

Prepare for a lot more of those cases.

Yea I totally understand why. Griefing reports aside, it's really hard to tell whether someone's smurfing or cheating at some ranks and you have to decide whether to report them or not before you can watch the replay from their point of view. That's fine though, false reports serve as a control group for Overwatchers.

It's quite a disturbing view into what I assume are mostly Silver and Nova games though.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

The only people you should be convicting are people who are rage hacking or who are literally staring at people's heads through walls

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

qhat posted:

The only people you should be convicting are people who are rage hacking or who are literally staring at people's heads through walls
I sometimes convict people if they're severely griefing. Not like accidentally stabbing a teammate, but intentionally getting the bomb stuck, repeatedly jumping in front of a teammate AWPing, running into bomb sites as T with nothing but a knife, et. al.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

symbolic posted:

I sometimes convict people if they're severely griefing. Not like accidentally stabbing a teammate, but intentionally getting the bomb stuck, repeatedly jumping in front of a teammate AWPing, running into bomb sites as T with nothing but a knife, et. al.

Well yeah, those guys too. I was referring mainly to his comment about telling the difference between smurfing and cheating. If you have to question whether he is smurfing, you've already got your answer.

Edit: actually he wasn't talking about overwatch at all, just reports. my mistake

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Katana Gomai posted:

It's quite a disturbing view into what I assume are mostly Silver and Nova games though.

try playing in them :getin:

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Since demos are down, I figured I can do some quick look at my stats over the amount of games I have at my current rank. I have an account at LE and have been playing on my main which was downranked to MG2. After getting it back up to DMG relatively quickly, I wondered how well I need to do to rank-up. So I kept track of my records via end-game screenshots to see how I did.

My last 15 games have been 10 wins, 2 ties, and 3 losses.

If I win, my K/A/D is 19-6-15. Average score is 16-8.
If I tie, my K/A/D is 27-8-22.
If I lose, my K/A/D is 17-3-18. Average score is 8-16.

I find that kinda funny. Even though I have a positive win/loss record, from the looks of things it appears that I may be getting carried in the games I win? Or it could be just a symptom of well-functioning teams/better players.

Just some food for thought. I'm curious to see what kind of scores other people generally have with the role they prefer. Ex: I like rifling as entry/support.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

qhat posted:

Not referring to anyone in particular, but its interesting to me how people interpret "beyond any reasonable doubt".

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Audax posted:

Since demos are down, I figured I can do some quick look at my stats over the amount of games I have at my current rank. I have an account at LE and have been playing on my main which was downranked to MG2. After getting it back up to DMG relatively quickly, I wondered how well I need to do to rank-up. So I kept track of my records via end-game screenshots to see how I did.

My last 15 games have been 10 wins, 2 ties, and 3 losses.

If I win, my K/A/D is 19-6-15. Average score is 16-8.
If I tie, my K/A/D is 27-8-22.
If I lose, my K/A/D is 17-3-18. Average score is 8-16.

I find that kinda funny. Even though I have a positive win/loss record, from the looks of things it appears that I may be getting carried in the games I win? Or it could be just a symptom of well-functioning teams/better players.

Just some food for thought. I'm curious to see what kind of scores other people generally have with the role they prefer. Ex: I like rifling as entry/support.

I've been using the Head Shot Box program since August and tracking my games ever since. It's a really handy tool. I'm pretty satisfied with where I am, although I know I should be LEM since I tend to top frag in regular LE/DMG games pretty easily. Also, I love being an entry fragger/solo site player. Nothing like dominating a site all by myself.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

If it helps I think ranks are for dumb idiots who suck and i hate as well >:[

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Spiros posted:

If it helps I think ranks are for dumb idiots who suck and i hate as well >:[

non-global spotted

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Sensitivity is just the gain in your servo loop

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I've been using the Head Shot Box program since August and tracking my games ever since. It's a really handy tool. I'm pretty satisfied with where I am, although I know I should be LEM since I tend to top frag in regular LE/DMG games pretty easily. Also, I love being an entry fragger/solo site player. Nothing like dominating a site all by myself.

Do you just need to make sure you download any demo and it takes care of the rest?

Seems pretty nifty, might have to check it out. Thanks!

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Anyone know why CSGO eats my video driver? I can mm, esea, cevo, etc but not community server without a full game hang that will bsod if i launch again without restarting first.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

henne posted:

Anyone know why CSGO eats my video driver? I can mm, esea, cevo, etc but not community server without a full game hang that will bsod if i launch again without restarting first.

don't worry about that and go duel sleppy

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
I was trying to but I crashed 4x in 1.5 maps!

E: I never actually lag out, that is my game hanging and me restarting my computer to avoid a bsod.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

qhat posted:

symbolic posted:

Yea that's what I'm doing. The two griefers I had so far were stabbing/smoking their teammates on bombsites and going afk with the bomb. I don't convict someone of walling because he got lucky and his opponents are stupid, "beyond a reasonable doubt" and all that.

It's really funny to see what gets people reported though; I had one guy who probably wasn't even smurfing get a 4k and an ace back to back on Cobblestone. It was absolutely legit though, the other team just straight ran into him, didn't check corners and pushed smokes etc.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Katana Gomai posted:

It's really funny to see what gets people reported though; I had one guy who probably wasn't even smurfing get a 4k and an ace back to back on Cobblestone. It was absolutely legit though, the other team just straight ran into him, didn't check corners and pushed smokes etc.
Yeah, I did a case tonight where the suspect was probably reported for either A. Spamming squeaky on Cache as T with an AWP at least 15 times before hitting and killing the CT playing back A, or B. getting a 1v5 clutch with an AWP when the CTs pushed him one by one.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I just had my first genuine wallhacker, rather straight forward AWPing people through mid doors on Dust2 and poo poo. No doubt he was walling (in one round, he correctly predicted that the CTs would be boosting each other behind the doors and landed a headshot on the top guy without even seeing him! Such gamesense!) but the joke is that his team didn't even win the game; it ended 15-15. I was actively cheering for the CTs at the end because he was "only" walling without any aiming help (or being actually good at the game) so their strategy was basically to avoid him and kill him from behind later lol

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

henne posted:

Fwiw community servers will be a lot more taxing on your computer because of the increased number of players. Idk bsods aren't normal and usually indicates some kind of actual hardware issue, like bad RAM or a busted video card, maybe run some tests?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

please add 'deathcon05' if you are a nova/silver and want to mm and also please don't be dumb thanks

loving sick of solo queue

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Top MM ranks aren't as bad as they were once, but it's still bad. I play with 5 usually and there's an obvious cheater on the other team every 2 or 3 games. One nice thing about Overwatch though is that the hacks are always the same pretty much these days, wallhacks and simple aim-assists. Never spinbots and poo poo like there used to be. Usually the people playing with these things are trash and it doesn't even mean an instant loss.

I think we played maybe 30 games or something over the last month and we won like 26 or 27 even with that many cheaters. One game we played was a tie on inferno and three of their team were just wallhacking the entire time. Blows my mind that people can not win when they can literally see through walls.

Had one game recently where the other team were 4+1 I guess, and two of them were like 30+ frags and the rest under 10. Then one of their top fraggers at like, 11-11, just declared that the other guy on his team was aimbotting and said he wouldn't help a hacker win, so they kicked him. And then we won like every round after that because it turned out they pretty much needed that legit guy to stand a chance. Felt bad for that guy though.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Playing at GN4 deranked from DMG is ridiculous right now. Whenever I queue with my MGE buddies, they always mention how it seems alot harder than their games... I think it is because of all of the LEM smurfs that derank to play with their friends or I don't know why. But it seems like GN3-4 is just filled with LE/LEM smurfs..

If you want to queue with an old DMG now GN4 add me: Mek and Cheese

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
I was (a bad) DMG and am now Nova 4. In the beginning it was easy, but recently it seems that players of all ranks from Nova 3 to DMG all seem to have random levels of skill. I've seen leaderboards with Novas on the top and MGE/DMG on the bottom, many times.

Delicious Meat
Feb 28, 2006

Violence is always the answer. No exceptions.

fyallm posted:

Playing at GN4 deranked from DMG is ridiculous right now. Whenever I queue with my MGE buddies, they always mention how it seems alot harder than their games... I think it is because of all of the LEM smurfs that derank to play with their friends or I don't know why. But it seems like GN3-4 is just filled with LE/LEM smurfs..

MG2 ➡️ GN4 for me, and yeah it feels all over the place. Sometimes I'll carry super hard then next match I'll play better overall but get my poo poo kicked in.

Also I added you and I'm down with queuing up with others. Search for "Delicious Meat" with the 🍖

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Jeza posted:

Top MM ranks aren't as bad as they were once, but it's still bad. I play with 5 usually and there's an obvious cheater on the other team every 2 or 3 games. One nice thing about Overwatch though is that the hacks are always the same pretty much these days, wallhacks and simple aim-assists. Never spinbots and poo poo like there used to be. Usually the people playing with these things are trash and it doesn't even mean an instant loss.

I think we played maybe 30 games or something over the last month and we won like 26 or 27 even with that many cheaters. One game we played was a tie on inferno and three of their team were just wallhacking the entire time. Blows my mind that people can not win when they can literally see through walls.

Had one game recently where the other team were 4+1 I guess, and two of them were like 30+ frags and the rest under 10. Then one of their top fraggers at like, 11-11, just declared that the other guy on his team was aimbotting and said he wouldn't help a hacker win, so they kicked him. And then we won like every round after that because it turned out they pretty much needed that legit guy to stand a chance. Felt bad for that guy though.

Pretty sick win lose ratio.

The thing is most smart hackers will be deliberately trying to hide their cheats so they don't get stomped by overwatch, and the harder they cheat then the quicker they get banned. Most of them are bad players who can't aim and have bad reactions, so although they know someone is around the corner, that other person can still shoot way better and kills them anyway. Even at MGE/DMG I've outfragged people only to see them get VACd several days later.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

CTs can fight dragons and zombies now, when will the game give Ts a break

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYvhbwV8IeU

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=634737301

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

qhat posted:

Even at MGE/DMG I've outfragged people only to see them get VACd several days later.

Yeah I was winning a match when a guy on the other team got VAC banned right in the middle of it. We thought he was fishy because he was nading random spots we were in late in rounds, like no way he knew we were there. But he still sucked and was losing so we didn't think much of it. Unfortunately our top fragger lagged out about the same time and we ended up losing because the other 3 guys on our team couldn't get a kill to save their lives. I hate this game sometimes.

illezt
Mar 1, 2005

fyallm posted:

My main deranked from LE to GN4 because of inactivity and rank shift (my smurf is now somehow ranked higher than my main). I forgot how frustrating gold nova games can be, and how annoying it is to get out of them. I keep getting teamed up with people who really really bad, either from being bad or having new accounts or whatever.

I'll add you later tonight if you want to get some queue games in.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Delicious Meat posted:

MG2 ➡️ GN4 for me, and yeah it feels all over the place. Sometimes I'll carry super hard then next match I'll play better overall but get my poo poo kicked in.

Also I added you and I'm down with queuing up with others. Search for "Delicious Meat" with the 🍖

Sounds good, I will add you back tonight.

illezt posted:

My main deranked from LE to GN4 because of inactivity and rank shift (my smurf is now somehow ranked higher than my main). I forgot how frustrating gold nova games can be, and how annoying it is to get out of them. I keep getting teamed up with people who really really bad, either from being bad or having new accounts or whatever.

I'll add you later tonight if you want to get some queue games in.

Sounds good, I will add you back..

It also doesn't help sometimes I have to play on a lovely laptop / play drunk super late into the night sometimes.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I successfully deranked to mge and then a loss put me back at dmg MFUC'R

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Any idea why matches are really slow with FPS/choppiness issues in the beginning? The game chugs for less than a minute and then everything seems to be more stable later. My computer should be totally able to handle CSGO's graphics, though, so I don't know what's causing this.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Xenaero posted:

I successfully deranked to mge and then a loss put me back at dmg MFUC'R

The elo is so confusing. I thought wins were + and losses were - no matter what you did but if you ranked on a loss? Maybe someone in a prior game got banned.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Goofballs posted:

The elo is so confusing. I thought wins were + and losses were - no matter what you did but if you ranked on a loss? Maybe someone in a prior game got banned.

it's generally believed that the rating system looks at the scoreline not just W-L, so if it predicted your team would lose 6-16 and you lost 14-16 that could put you over the top.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

That's the first I've heard of someone ranking up on a loss. Another thing to bare in mind is that it's widely believed that previous matches where you lost against a now VAC banned cheater are nullified and you get your rank back.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Antares posted:

it's generally believed that the rating system looks at the scoreline not just W-L, so if it predicted your team would lose 6-16 and you lost 14-16 that could put you over the top.

I'm not so sure if this is the case. From my experience you get +ELO for rounds won, kills, assists, bomb plants and MVP stars. It's entirely plausible to lose 14-16 but have an extremely good individual performance that just barely puts you over the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
i mean really its just because matchmaking is poo poo and badly designed and run by valve inc.