Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Freakazoid_ posted:

If they can't bother to give everyone one free public stash tab, they shouldn't have even tried to fix trading. What a waste of time.
Source your quotes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.

Freakazoid_ posted:

If they can't bother to give everyone one free public stash tab, they shouldn't have even tried to fix trading. What a waste of time.

I'm speaking from a perspective of somebody who has ~70 premium tabs, so I might be a bit biased but giving everybody a free premium tab might be a good way for the players to start abuse the system (i.e. create an account now and re-sell it later).

I think they should make this tab an extra award if you'd i.e. kill Malachai on normal or something similar which involves the player a little.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

kaaj posted:

I'm speaking from a perspective of somebody who has ~70 premium tabs, so I might be a bit biased but giving everybody a free premium tab might be a good way for the players to start abuse the system (i.e. create an account now and re-sell it later).

I think they should make this tab an extra award if you'd i.e. kill Malachai on normal or something similar which involves the player a little.

Why would you resell it if it was just a thing every account had. You're assuming it'd be some limited time thing.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Those 50% MS boots with no level req is seriously the unique I'm most excited for.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Ekster posted:

Those 50% MS boots with no level req is seriously the unique I'm most excited for.

watch them cost an arm and a leg

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.

Kild posted:

Why would you resell it if it was just a thing every account had. You're assuming it'd be some limited time thing.

If going forward this would be something which every accounts has, I'm all up for that. I'm just saying that if they would do "create your account now to receive a free premium tab" kind of a promotion, that might be abused.

Also more people being able to trade = healthier economy.

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

lurksion posted:

Huh, apparently the league coins are tradable too
(though thinking about it, why wouldn't they be? everything is)

Would be interesting to see how they get valued.

It's going to be really interesting to see what the limiting factor is- coin supply, or good items offered by Spooky Ghost Man.

Without having more info, I'm guessing people will be swimming in coins, but it will be harder to find the ghost, especially one that is selling a decent item.

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.
Am I really the only one hoping they will go "gently caress you. Pay up. You owe us some money you cheap fucks" and never putting premium stash tabs on sale again?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Yes? Why would anyone want that?

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

1) The 'old' way will still work.

2) lol if you are seriously trading and you own no premium stash tabs right now.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Having to use premium tabs is fine. Sorry but gently caress you if you think this game and the amount of fun it provides isn't worth at least the cost of one set of premium tabs. Or the even cheaper upgrade one tabs option.

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

I'll Sequence your Storm.
The amount of whining about "pay to win" on reddit is unbelievable. I don't even want to see how the official forums are reacting.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

The reddit always whines so nothing new there.

The official forums are even worse.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

baby puzzle posted:

The amount of whining about "pay to win" on reddit is unbelievable. I don't even want to see how the official forums are reacting.

Hmm okay Hearthstone is not pay to win because of reasons but Path of Exile is? Hahahahaha.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Why do you expect from bottom feeding scum that would pirate all their video games if it wasn't for them being always online.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Holyshoot posted:

Why do you expect from bottom feeding scum that would pirate all their video games if it wasn't for them being always online.
Are you OK? If you got something on your mind, I'm here to talk.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Picer posted:

Am I really the only one hoping they will go "gently caress you. Pay up. You owe us some money you cheap fucks" and never putting premium stash tabs on sale again?

personally I hope they demand the contents of your nutsack because god knows I don't really have any use for what's in mine

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
i have tons of tabs and not one of them premium. its like a game within the game

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
I have like fifty-something premium tabs because I'm bad with money and have a mancrush on Chris Wilson of Grinding Gear Games

Edit: I can't decide between an Earthquake Berserker or a Frost Trap Saboteur. Both look really cool. I'd kinda prefer the Frost Trapper as a first character because it would be easier to gear, except I can't come up with a build with reasonable health and defenses on that side of the tree while still getting the trap nodes I want.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Are people seriously complaining about needing premium tabs to do the new in-game trading method? If you've played this free game for 100+ hours just give GGG some money in support you cheap bastard.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Freakazoid_ posted:

:lol:

Ekster posted:

The reddit always whines so nothing new there.

The official forums are even worse.

same but something awful forums

panda clue fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Mar 1, 2016

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
How significant is the "10% additional chance to receive a critical hit" on the new unique Block Jewel in terms of a drawback? I'm assuming this is just an additive increase to the mob's base crit chance?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
There's always going to be a huge part of the playerbase of any free to play game that doesn't spend a single cent on the game. They all feel like this is a "p2w" update, despite the fact that the exact same systems are available that they always used. Almost everyone will still use poe.trade to find items, it's just that people with premium tabs won't have to alt-tab to list their items anymore. Of course that also means you won't be able to modify prices without being at your stash.

As someone with ~50 premium tabs(and zero regular), I would have no issues with GGG upgrading one tab for everyone to a premium tab. It would certainly quell the outcry, and may even help people want to buy more premium tabs to list more items.

On the other hand, spend the few bucks and buy some tabs people, it's worth it.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Honestly they should just give everyone who doesn't have one a premium tab just so they know what they're missing out on.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Eh. It's a little annoying because I've only bought regular tab bundles because the premium functionality didn't really seem worth the extra cost. Now with the selling aspect, I definitely would have paid the extra. It'd be nice if you could pay to upgrade your regular tabs to premium for the difference.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Holy loving christ the POE subreddit. Browsing it just last night and today alone is enough to make me unsubscribe from that drivel.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
holy loving chris

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

Cinara posted:

There's always going to be a huge part of the playerbase of any free to play game that doesn't spend a single cent on the game. They all feel like this is a "p2w" update, despite the fact that the exact same systems are available that they always used. Almost everyone will still use poe.trade to find items, it's just that people with premium tabs won't have to alt-tab to list their items anymore. Of course that also means you won't be able to modify prices without being at your stash.

As someone with ~50 premium tabs(and zero regular), I would have no issues with GGG upgrading one tab for everyone to a premium tab. It would certainly quell the outcry, and may even help people want to buy more premium tabs to list more items.

On the other hand, spend the few bucks and buy some tabs people, it's worth it.

I think the (valid) concern is that, over time, the systems they have "always used" won't be updated due to fewer people using them/devs losing interest.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

Coruscating Elixir Minion Instability. Someone make it happen.
If you have, say, 40 SRS and 10 zombies out, what happens if you drink that potion which spawns two worms near you and it affects your minions? Hopefully what happens is a huge swarm of worms.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

gigawhite posted:

Eh. It's a little annoying because I've only bought regular tab bundles because the premium functionality didn't really seem worth the extra cost. Now with the selling aspect, I definitely would have paid the extra. It'd be nice if you could pay to upgrade your regular tabs to premium for the difference.

Man, it really is a shame you can't do that...

Also: WHY CAN'T IT BE FRIDAY YET?!??!!?

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

whypick1 posted:

It costs 5 extra. It's unfair and it's illegal

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

Count Uvula posted:

Uhh... This sounds utterly garbage. You could use increased critical strikes to activate Elemental Overload, but investing a ton in to crit for a base chance of probably under 3% seems crazy.
The gem gives 2% and 6 power charges with assassin is 3%, which means you can get incinerate to 5% base crit. That's enough to go crit with it if you really wanted to.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
I heard that you can get cancer if you will buy a premium tab.

Fake Edit: the only reason why I've been doing so is that I can't stand that awful brown colour of standard tabs. That, and the fact that I'm bad with money.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
The only thing about Premium tabs I don't like is having to re-set them up every goddamn league. Jesus Christ Wilson, just let me import settings from a txt file.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Ekster posted:

1) The 'old' way will still work.

When I first started trading in Rampage League I found a video tutorial on setting up a thread and spent about 20 minutes setting up a thread and learning about buyout tags and the poe.trade site. This was before I finally caved and downloaded Procurement and way before I switched to Acquisition. I was pretty scared to give anything that looked like login creds to a third party program. While this new system only applies to people with premium tabs, people without can still use the third party programs, and when those stop working because of lack of updates, do it manually on the forums. It might be useful to put this into the OP if it isn't already there.

So this seems like 2 steps forward with 0 steps back.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Infinite Monkeys posted:

If you have, say, 40 SRS and 10 zombies out, what happens if you drink that potion which spawns two worms near you and it affects your minions? Hopefully what happens is a huge swarm of worms.

The belt only makes your flasks work for your spectres and zombies, so it wouldn't be that crazy. Hell, it may not interact at all, hope it does though.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

whypick1 posted:

The only thing about Premium tabs I don't like is having to re-set them up every goddamn league. Jesus Christ Wilson, just let me import settings from a txt file.

This and I wish I could straight up delete a remove-only tab and all the items in it.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

whypick1 posted:

I think I lucked out on having work 5 days straight, getting off at 10:00 p.m. on Thursday.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Reddit had that guy that made an actual physical overlay for his screen so he could name individual stash tabs, so not surprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panda clue
May 23, 2014
you can buy a premium tab bundle for less than it costs to get a meal at a fast food restaurant

if you can't afford that then how the gently caress do you have internet let alone a computer?

• Locked thread