Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the most delegates on Super Tuesday?
Hillary Clinton
Donald Trump
Bernie Sanders
Jim Gilmore
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

But 4 real blaming the mother for a death that's attributed to SIDS is supremely lovely.

Somethingawful.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

bird cooch posted:

Somethingawful.com

OTOH, we're all old now and most of us have kids.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Oil of Paris posted:

proud of you for maintaining ideological purity. thanks again for nader!

Gore won the popular vote. Blame our lovely electoral system rather than people voting for the candidate they prefer.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

bird cooch posted:

Somethingawful.com

FYAD b*tch

*votes TRUMP!*

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

punk rebel ecks posted:

Outside of internet meme land Reddit is hardly noteworthy. You'd have a bit more of a point if you listed Facebook or something. Most people haven't even heard of Reddit.

9th most visited site in the US. Top Kek lad.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Very aggressive Cruz guy outside my polling place today in AL. He was holding a bible in one hand and a Cruz sign (CHOOZ CRUZ) in the other.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

40-Degree Day posted:

Very aggressive Cruz guy outside my polling place today in AL. He was holding a bible in one hand and a Cruz sign (CHOOZ CRUZ) in the other.

Now I'm imagining an angry Ralph Wiggum.

"I choo choo Cruz you"

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Crain posted:

9th most visited site in the US. Top Kek lad.

That doesn't change my statement at all. It is a message board so obviously it's going to get a lot of page views from the same members. Most people don't know what Reddit is. On top of that Sanders4President is only a small portion of a site which hosts a near infinite amount of message boards. When factoring that in it is pretty drat niche.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

tranime scholar posted:

Gore won the popular vote. Blame our lovely electoral system rather than people voting for the candidate they prefer.

Not voting against the Repub's is the same thing as voting for them mate. Unless you vote against them your just voting for them. There is no such thing as voting for the candidate you prefer in U.S. politics.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

tranime scholar posted:

frame it however makes you feel best, but ideologues like you gave us the W

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Oil of Paris posted:

People are still repeating this myth?

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Oil of Paris posted:

And the DNC pushing a lovely candidate in 2004 got us 4 more years of him.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

punk rebel ecks posted:

Even if it didn't give us Bush people who voted for Nader were still dumb.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Epic High Five posted:

But 4 real blaming the mother for a death that's attributed to SIDS is supremely lovely.

It is supremely lovely, but it's also objectionably bad parenting to take your 3 month old to several of those rallies with thousands of screaming people. I probably wouldn't even take my 14 month old to a rally like that, and absolutely not multiple rallies. Just do what every other sane infant parent and Bernie supporter does, dress him up in his glasses and wig and put his picture on facebook and twitter.

SIDS isn't an actual disease, it's basically a doctor throwing up his hands and saying "this baby dead, and we have no idea why".

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

a cop posted:

if it weren't for the bernie rallies that child would still be with us and you can't convince me otherwise

I lost a niece to SIDS who went to precisely 0 political events. I'm not sure its linked

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Concerned Citizen posted:

weird how bernie baby died around the exact same time as bernie's chances of winning the nomination

Yahweh is pissed off again. That's his MO

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Venom Snake posted:

Even if it didn't give us Bush people who voted for Nader were still dumb.

No I'm voting for Nader you see because that will make the Democrats notice and therefore shift further to the left.

*Democrats shift to the right even harder*

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Vox Nihili posted:

Agreed, Hillary is Derek Smart and Sanders, much like Star Citizen, actually does own despite the smug goon counterjerk.

:holymoley:

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

What about New Hampshire

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

That doesn't change my statement at all.

Yeah it doesn't change what you said, but it shows how wrong it is. They get roughly 250 million unique visitors a month. Twitter is about 200 million average.

Reddit ain't some small, back woods forums like we are.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

pathetic little tramp posted:

No I'm voting for Nader you see because that will make the Democrats notice and therefore shift further to the left.

*Democrats shift to the right even harder*

It's not the voters fault that the Democratic Party is ran by idiots.

Crain posted:

Yeah it doesn't change what you said, but it shows how wrong it is. They get roughly 250 million unique visitors a month. Twitter is about 200 million average.

Reddit ain't some small, back woods forums like we are.

Sanders4President is certainly niche. And again most people don't know what Reddit is. Also I think you mean 25 million per month.

punk rebel ecks has issued a correction as of 17:53 on Mar 1, 2016

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Please don't let SIDS baby become the new Lena Dunham discussion

Today is about Trumpmania and Clintmentum

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

All that traffic and still no good posts

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
I'm still convinced Cruz would be worse President than Trump, so if there's one "good" thing that can plausibly come out of today, it's Cruz suspending his campaign after getting destroyed. Please grant me this one want and desire

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

lol wow

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

euphronius posted:

It's not even lunch yet on the best coast. Nothing's happening yet.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

all the posts are good!!!

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

euphronius posted:

I can't tell if you're talking about Reddit or YCS.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

punk rebel ecks posted:

It's not the voters fault that the Democratic Party is ran by idiots.

Parties go were the voters do. That is how a democratic republic works. If you don't vote no political party will give a poo poo about you. The reason why the dems are shifting to the left is because left people are actually voting.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

punk rebel ecks posted:

It's not a myth and the people who think it is a myth are dumb. Nader ran a challenge to Gore's left and drew 181 times Bush's margin of victory. It is virtually certain that had Nader not run, Gore would be President.

The entire purpose of Nader's third party run was to draw voters from the left. All the other excuses are immaterial. All the talk about how Gore could have made up ground elsewhere is just a distraction from the clear fact that the idea that Gore could not net 500~ish votes from the 90,000+ Nader voters had he not run is utterly absurd.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

euphronius posted:

Whats the quote? "Imagine how stupid the average American is.....

Now apply that to reddit.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

euphronius posted:

it is a good website for selling your hacking prowess to people who want a million free in-game currency on bejewelzombies saga

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I lied tho

I really like Ask Science

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Thump! posted:

I can't tell if you're talking about Reddit or YCS.

Same difference

Venom Snake posted:

Parties go were the voters do. That is how a democratic republic works. If you don't vote no political party will give a poo poo about you. The reason why the dems are shifting to the left is because left people are actually voting.

Did you miss the 2014 midterms? In what way are the Dems shifting to the left?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

We're all just flotsam in the stream that is LP subforum avatar spending

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
TRUMP is in my city today. It is also looks like the apocalypse outside.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

cheese eats mouse posted:

TRUMP is in my city today. It is also looks like the apocalypse outside.

touch his face

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

tranime scholar posted:

Did you miss the 2014 midterms? In what way are the Dems shifting to the left?

Yes? The majority of the democratic voting base is more to the left than it was in 2008 and 2010. The party gave up on blue dogs a while ago.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Concerned Citizen posted:

It's not a myth and the people who think it is a myth are dumb. Nader ran a challenge to Gore's left and drew 181 times Bush's margin of victory. It is virtually certain that had Nader not run, Gore would be President.

The entire purpose of Nader's third party run was to draw voters from the left. All the other excuses are immaterial. All the talk about how Gore could have made up ground elsewhere is just a distraction from the clear fact that the idea that Gore could not net 500~ish votes from the 90,000+ Nader voters had he not run is utterly absurd.

Regardless it is only one small factor to as of why Gore lost. I'd say the intense voter suppression and tricky in Florida as well as Gore being a boring rear end candidate had more to do with his loss than Nader.

EDIT - This ignores the entire point of my post. You might as well talk about the political etiquette of Youtube commenters if you are going to talk to people who post in one of Reddit's microforums.

Venom Snake posted:

Again, just because the Democratic Party is too dumb to try and gobble up apathetic voters and those who would be willing to vote for them if they moved doesn't change the point that the Democratic Party is dumb,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

punk rebel ecks posted:

Regardless it is only one small factor to as of why Gore lost. I'd say the intense voter suppression and tricky in Florida as well as Gore being a boring rear end candidate had more to do with his loss than Nader.

It is not the only reason he lost, but it was the decisive factor.

• Locked thread